Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,239 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:29 AM

My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. (44646 Views)

My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead / My Dad Cheated On My Mum Before She Died And He's Still Doing It / My Mum Calls Me While My Dad Calls My Senior Brother! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by Nobody: 9:15am On Jun 25, 2015
When u ar nt serious about marriage and u even have the gut to accommodate her in ur dads place. Is quite unfair. As for ur dad his a clergy right? Keep reminding him of the things of God rather than engaging in relationship battle
Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by fanex: 9:17am On Jun 25, 2015
i know a feww people that can help you wack your dad if thats what you want for his love.

lemme no asap.
Freest:
I happened to be in a relationship and for the first time i asked my girl to come meet my parents since we started getting serious and next year i have plans to get married to her. she met my parents three weeks ago and stayed in our family house for about a week before going back. Since then my Dad calls her like every day just to check up on her. This is beginning to get me worried as it is unusual of my Dad. FYI my Dad is a clergy man and very disciplined hence i know nothing is wrong negatively. But my concern is that the man is taking the relationship more serious than even me in the relationship. Am concerned and my girl is so excited about it. I had plans to talk to my dad but don't know if it is right. I feel my dad is making this girl feel supercool and am not comfortable with that. Please i need candid advice!!!

#Freest#
Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by Chookym(m): 9:25am On Jun 25, 2015
@op i think u shd relax a bit. now that yr parents are at peace with her, its the best time to realy study her character. if u feal she will be relaxed and start misbehaving, that is nt yr problem at least let her show her true self. its even better yr parents aprove of her than u going tru d trouble of getting their aproval. Stop worying , so many ladies pray to hv such inlaws. Yr parents have seen a wife material and they want to ensure they dont loose her.

1 Like

Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by vizkiz: 9:29am On Jun 25, 2015
scentmarlc:

Baba gm

Oya go vote ooo

abeg send me the link to the thread
Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by nonk: 9:32am On Jun 25, 2015
Please it is not fair, men the behave like that are after woman believe me or not keep an eye on them and what will happen, my dear don`t trust some men of God, I am telling u from experience. Only few of them can control themselves

1 Like

Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by Olayemmiey(m): 9:50am On Jun 25, 2015
lwkmd grin
Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by Jennifer89(f): 10:01am On Jun 25, 2015
Melahou:

that you do not see anything wrong with yours does not mean everyone should be comfortable about it.

people are different...with different motives...

who knows if he calls her ten times a day even does mid night calls with her wink

Lol @ midnight calls. abg stop imagining things for the op.
Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by tushbobo(m): 10:06am On Jun 25, 2015
Freest:

well, from what i can be certain of about my dad is the d fact that he cant mess around. Outside being a very dedicated pastor, he also is a disciplinarian and he doesn't even condole rubbish from us. told is the only day we'll bring a girl to his house is if we sure she's the one we wanna marry. And after all my dad is in Edo state and my girl in Lagos. So i don't see anything happening between them. But am still concerned abt the calls on daily basis.

I am sorry to say but you seem a bit naive. First step to wisdom is understanding that people are first of all human before they become priests, the pope, presidents etc.
There was a case of one priest molesting his male child for years and the boy couldn't tell anyone because the father was very well respected in the church.
Nothing may be happening but don't beat your chest in assurance.

1 Like

Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by Donicobone(m): 11:47am On Jun 25, 2015
Bro, I share ur pain, this same thing happen to me in my past relationship, but am over it now, the truth here is that am not suspecting ur father to some extent, but ur father is giving this lady upper hand to misbehave, when u pet a lady too much she will turn queen shebba in the bible, now my point is ur father is not having any thing in mind to ur girl friend but ur father is spoiling the girl for u. My advice sit with ur father and let him see reason with u.
Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by 2dillu2(m): 12:02pm On Jun 25, 2015
vizkiz:
I think your dad wants some wink
E still dey body! cheesy
Abeg leave the old man alone let him have fun a little.

I think something went down during that period she came visiting... I smell something fishy undecided

Abeg na Joke oh, before them kidnap me for here! grin
lol who kidnap you is op from Port Harcourt grin
Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by dwayni: 2:02pm On Jun 25, 2015
vizkiz:
E still dey body! cheesy

I think something went down during that period she came visiting... I smell something fishy undecided

You're a mess lol.
Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by dwayni: 2:14pm On Jun 25, 2015
Hey bro, as weird as it may look its all good. What you should try to know is what they talk about during the call, maybe your pops thinks she is right for you and just making sure you guys are on track. Since you know nothing sexual is going on, chill. On the other hand so you trust your lady? You can always ask her what they talk about politely with smile on your face.

I have similar case but with my mom, that's why the only females I introduce to my mom are just friends after two times of introducing my girlfriend to her and when we broke up it seems my mom was more emotional about it than me and my ex.

Right now my currently girlfriend and my mom and entire family have a good relationship especially mom again lol. Sometimes I get a little jealous especially when my mom take her side but again I know its all good because a mothers love for her child is steadfast. So chill its actually a good thing unless you your pops be banging your chick, long dicck style grin jk

Which lady wouldn't be feeling super cool knowing she's loved by future Hubby's family. Most in laws are jerks you know.
Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by Akinrogun(m): 2:25pm On Jun 25, 2015
Freest:

I get the ish.... thanks alot bro....
Only male child outa 19.
you must be kidding me!!!
man shall nt live by every word dt comes from nairaland!
Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by MrBasketball: 3:45pm On Jun 25, 2015
LewisO:
Anytime he calls, tell your wife she shouldn't pick it, you should be the one picking his calls... When you pick his calls several times he will feel ashamed of himself and stop calling her.

Tell your girlfriend she shouldn't entertain such thing from him.

Who knows if she is even feeling the scenario... Don't trust her either.
op freest. heed to this advice and see.
Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by cally3D(m): 4:29pm On Jun 25, 2015
Watch ya papa man! Devil+temptation no send even saints!!!!
Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by kilode100(f): 4:36pm On Jun 25, 2015
vizkiz:
E still dey body! cheesy

Baddest!!.. cheesy cheesy
Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by akocce(m): 5:52pm On Jun 25, 2015
Freest:
I happened to be in a relationship and for the first time i asked my girl to come meet my parents since we started getting serious and next year i have plans to get married to her. she met my parents three weeks ago and stayed in our family house for about a week before going back. Since then my Dad calls her like every day just to check up on her. This is beginning to get me worried as it is unusual of my Dad. FYI my Dad is a clergy man and very disciplined hence i know nothing is wrong negatively. But my concern is that the man is taking the relationship more serious than even me in the relationship. Am concerned and my girl is so excited about it. I had plans to talk to my dad but don't know if it is right. I feel my dad is making this girl feel supercool and am not comfortable with that. Please i need candid advice!!!

#Freest#
the most unpredictable thing is a human being... Only God knows why your Dad calls her everyday. Ask urself tho.. Does he call u and ur sisters everyday too?
Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by teegbaj101(m): 6:11pm On Jun 25, 2015
If going by ur assessment of ur dad u still suspect him den mayb u ar hiding something but as for me I don,t see anything wrong in him calling her.some parents are doting parents n want to know their inlaws inside out.u should b happy he,s not even having a resentment abt ur choice.thread carefully bro to avoid a vry ugly scenario except u don,t get person wey u wan use wen d marriage proper comes
Re: My Dad Calls My Girl Like Every Day. by Gemc3(f): 10:58am On Jun 26, 2015
Freest:

My Dad doesn't call me on daily basis.... maybe perhaps cos we always see.... even when i was far apart he doesn't even call me like that sef....

We have just one girl (sister) in my family....

I dont have any sister that died!!!

Does he call his son in law the way he calls her? Do you have any other brother who is married? If so, does he call/did he call his wife the way he calls your fiance? Answers to these questions will determine a lot. Í sha think you should have a talk with your dad. You know. . . father-son talk. Not too serious. just find a way to chip in your discomfort. His response will help you understand a lot. I am very sure he will understand your reasons for feeling the way you do. If i were your babe, i'd feel. . . .uncomfortable. . . .but that's me.

Chances are he is quite excited. Maybe cos he is gonna get another daughter, since you have just one sister. That could be it really. If somefin fishy was going on, maybe the calls would be more private.Like, u won't get to know about them. I dunno sha. . But you know something Freest, no matter the number of theories you read here, ALWAYS trust your instincts.

Good luck.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Newlywedded Nigerian Lady Discovers She Married “I Better Pass My Neighbor” Gen. / OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! / How I Got Back At My Cheating Nigerian Husband - US Based Lady (pix/video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.