Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,297 members, 7,853,381 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 03:31 PM

Nigerian Youth, Wake Up And Tell Us Who You ARE - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Youth, Wake Up And Tell Us Who You ARE (590 Views)

Fayose: Buhari On Life-Support, Needs Prayer, Presidency Must Tell Us Truth / Buhari’s Statement On Aisha Is A Wake Up Call For Women – Senator Olujimi / Nigerian Youth Wake Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Youth, Wake Up And Tell Us Who You ARE by olaade832(m): 5:11pm On Jun 25, 2015
Nigerian Youth, wake up and tell us who you ARE

Sadly, as an individual, this is one question we often fail to ask ourselves in the comfort of our hot room (courtesy of our darling PHCN) or cool room (Courtesy of our great power generating sets).

Ever stopped to ask yourself who am I? What defines me? How do people see and define me? What are my values? What are my principles? What do I believe and who really believe in me except for my parents who appears to have no choice?

I am sure for those who have asked this questions, a large percentage have no great answers, they just gloat over it and give themselves a feel good answer. I laugh you in wazobia.

Coming over to Nairaland, it disturbs one’s conscience to realize that this is a forum for the youth run by youth and overtly populated by the youths (or dare I say toddlers with recent happenstances)

With Nairaland, we have a platform to really change things in the country, we have a voice that can travel far and wide, and we have what it takes to make people listen to the youths of this country. But what do we have. Blind set of people who do not even know what they want.
Funny enough, everybody always claim to have an idea on how to make Nigeria great but sorry folks, ideas won’t work if you don’t work. And those ideas will never work because they are not coming from a united front.

Is it not an insult that youth leaders in all political parties in Nigeria are over 45 years of age? Is it not an insult that all we support one governor over the other when they cannot pay our parents salaries and they still come together for some useless meetings and share moneys that will not reach us or have impact on us? Is it not stupidity to be jobless and still come here to shout GEJ for Life or Sai Buhari when their kids are not jobless or without basic amenities that we “Leaders of tomorrow” don’t have?

Please tell me when last we celebrated a Nigerian Youth proposing a solution to one of the many problems facing this country. For those who dare to do something tangible, instead of us to rally round and push that their dreams be converted to realities, we kill them with our shallow criticisms, drown them in the pool of tribalism and religion, and paint them with the brush of politics.
For all the fights in the house of representative and the senate, what is the benefits for the common man, not to talk of the youths? Have we ever realized that we can propose and send bills to our idle overfed Reps and Senators or is there a law that says if they don’t think, we also must not think? Have we ever considered championing the fight for a unicameral legislature in the country?

Almost every American citizens knows where the families of their president and governors are, have you ever seen your governor’s child(ren) except for when they throw some extravagant party or show some display of wealth? Sorry to tell you, they don’t live among you, they live in a place where their parents promised us they will turn Nigeria too.

Nigerian Youth, this is the time to wake up, this is the time to be more united, and this is the time to show we really wake up each day to think about ourselves, our future and our country

Lastly, pause for a second and ask yourself who am I? After all they say, an unexamined life is not worth Living.
Re: Nigerian Youth, Wake Up And Tell Us Who You ARE by mikolo80: 11:21pm On Jun 25, 2015
My name is rango and you need to start doing and stop yapping otherwise you're no better an the very ppl you condemn. Me i've joined Queue in political party.what have you done
Re: Nigerian Youth, Wake Up And Tell Us Who You ARE by youngeagle(m): 12:33am On Jun 26, 2015
Nigeria has no youth....only tribal bigot's.

(1) (Reply)

Oshiomole Accuses Okonjo-Iweala Of 'Playing Around' / Boko Haram Getting Stronger After May 29 Shows Evil Intent Of Political Class / Blood On The Alter: Result Of Corruption In Religion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.