Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:52 AM

Married Men And Women: Is It A Must You Take Dinner With Your Spouses? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Married Men And Women: Is It A Must You Take Dinner With Your Spouses? (19100 Views)

Should Married Men Tell Their Wives How Much They Earn? / How Do You Deal With Spouses That Have Different Opinion About Family And Life? / Shameful Photos Of Men And Women Caught Having Sexxx (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Married Men And Women: Is It A Must You Take Dinner With Your Spouses? by apolonius(m): 1:52pm On Jun 26, 2015
It is not compulsory but it is an opportunity to bond,share love,chat and deepen the teamism that marriage is.Of course,either can and should eat alone when the other is away far beyond meal time.
Re: Married Men And Women: Is It A Must You Take Dinner With Your Spouses? by mystiqueDZ(f): 1:53pm On Jun 26, 2015
derolemode:

you must be a lecturer in Nigeria lol:-)
No am not grin
Re: Married Men And Women: Is It A Must You Take Dinner With Your Spouses? by RedEagle: 2:08pm On Jun 26, 2015
mystiqueDZ:
il est necessaire,mais pas obligatoire.....tu comprends maintenant?
# cute baby grin

Oui mais necessair et obligatoire c'est la meme chose,

non?
Re: Married Men And Women: Is It A Must You Take Dinner With Your Spouses? by Mariojane(f): 2:08pm On Jun 26, 2015
Minet16:
h
for hubby
Re: Married Men And Women: Is It A Must You Take Dinner With Your Spouses? by bukatyne(f): 2:12pm On Jun 26, 2015
Acidosis:
Too much nollywood

Why do we always assume men must come home LATE? Na all these id.iotic ideologies dey make even the idle ones stay out drinking, gisting about Merci & Wizkid just to come home late.

Except there is really a mind-blowing incentive attached to staying out at night, I don't think I'd ever pray for a job that will keep me out till 10pm/11pm. Let's not forget that less than 10% of married naija men live in Lagos, so traffic is not an excuse.

Now to the Topic: eating together is a lovely thing to do. Starving yourself because hubby or wifey isn't around is wholesome (at least you can lose some weight and get thin).

@Bold:

Lol...

A man must always come home late hours after the wife.

Even the husband working @ V/I and Living in Lekki undecided
Re: Married Men And Women: Is It A Must You Take Dinner With Your Spouses? by bukatyne(f): 2:14pm On Jun 26, 2015
Rexeffiom:

Nyc 1,.......But dis ur DP.... Can send sum1 stealing grin

Thanks

Lols
Re: Married Men And Women: Is It A Must You Take Dinner With Your Spouses? by sumankumari123: 2:14pm On Jun 26, 2015
Thats a personal thinking. I really think it is nice to have company of Family while eating Breakfast/lunch/dinner - whether it is a husband or a parent or children Some people prefer to enjoy their food Alone so might not welcome company.

I think its great to wait for her husband. Because

1) If both of them eat together, both can share food. both can feed each other which is a way of expressing love.

2) The other reason you must wait... c'mon, he works all day n he is hungry !! we women r so ..in any case, we should never stop loving or caring for our man.

3) You can't enjoy your meal without your husband company
Re: Married Men And Women: Is It A Must You Take Dinner With Your Spouses? by cap28: 2:50pm On Jun 26, 2015
Eating dinner with your spouse is not just about filling up your stomach, its an opportunity for the couple to sit down together to enjoy each other's company and let off steam.

1 Like

Re: Married Men And Women: Is It A Must You Take Dinner With Your Spouses? by uch21(f): 2:55pm On Jun 26, 2015
zaragal:

Jst greeting u ni grin
u funny ooo
Re: Married Men And Women: Is It A Must You Take Dinner With Your Spouses? by Alezy(m): 2:56pm On Jun 26, 2015
Mariojane:
for hubby
hallo dearie
Re: Married Men And Women: Is It A Must You Take Dinner With Your Spouses? by Ucweb(m): 2:56pm On Jun 26, 2015
is necessary Bt nt important
Re: Married Men And Women: Is It A Must You Take Dinner With Your Spouses? by buchilino(m): 2:58pm On Jun 26, 2015
msmon:
Spouses taking dinner together is a common act in a lot of families so much so that the wife will wait for the husband if he comes back very late in the day.

Is it a must spouses take dinner together?

Kindly share your thought.

i will leave dat question 4 u 2 find out wen u get married, as long as u married a virtuous woman
Re: Married Men And Women: Is It A Must You Take Dinner With Your Spouses? by Acidosis(m): 3:00pm On Jun 26, 2015
bukatyne:

@Bold:
Lol...
A man must always come home late hours after the wife.
Even the husband working @ V/I and Living in Lekki undecided
he he. So those who don't stay out late aren't husband materials? smiley
Re: Married Men And Women: Is It A Must You Take Dinner With Your Spouses? by bukatyne(f): 3:08pm On Jun 26, 2015
Acidosis:

he he. So those who don't stay out late aren't husband materials? smiley

They are not African Magic husband materials cheesy
Re: Married Men And Women: Is It A Must You Take Dinner With Your Spouses? by Acidosis(m): 3:10pm On Jun 26, 2015
bukatyne:

They are not African Magic husband materials cheesy
grin grin grin
Re: Married Men And Women: Is It A Must You Take Dinner With Your Spouses? by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jun 26, 2015
mystiqueDZ:
It is necessary,not compulsory....

Yeah......that pretty much answers it.
Re: Married Men And Women: Is It A Must You Take Dinner With Your Spouses? by Idrhas(m): 3:39pm On Jun 26, 2015
It's must for the wife to wait 4 her husband to take dinner 2geda coz our noble prohet muhammad s.a.w said : Eat 2geda but not Individually:
Re: Married Men And Women: Is It A Must You Take Dinner With Your Spouses? by blackbeau1(f): 3:48pm On Jun 26, 2015
It keeps the family together. Strengthens the bond. In a typical Nigerian family, they hardly have breakfast or lunch together because they are rushing to work or @ work do, by all means they should have dinner together
Re: Married Men And Women: Is It A Must You Take Dinner With Your Spouses? by mystiqueDZ(f): 4:01pm On Jun 26, 2015
RedEagle:

Oui mais necessair et obligatoire c'est la meme chose,

non?
c'est pas meme chose monsieur!!
Salut! grin
Re: Married Men And Women: Is It A Must You Take Dinner With Your Spouses? by mobileexpert: 4:05pm On Jun 26, 2015
it is not a do or die affair ,but it is a good thing for you to eat with spouse.it may be dinner,launch or breakfast
Re: Married Men And Women: Is It A Must You Take Dinner With Your Spouses? by pak: 4:09pm On Jun 26, 2015
freecocoa:
I guess whoever has to wait for someone else to eat isn't really hungry.

I don't even see eating together as a way of bonding.

freecocoa never disappoints.

These are the kind of questions we discussed in secondary school, not senior, JSS !
Re: Married Men And Women: Is It A Must You Take Dinner With Your Spouses? by Jennifer89(f): 4:34pm On Jun 26, 2015
Adesiji77:

dot
Re: Married Men And Women: Is It A Must You Take Dinner With Your Spouses? by BobUg28(m): 4:36pm On Jun 26, 2015
Well, to me I'll rather say that the answer to this question is subjective base on the environment and time differences in their respective working places. I hope you don't expect that in a family where the spouse works in two different places where their closing hour from work varies...

Like take for instance,I can use my own case as an example here. I work with someone whose closing hour is 10pm while his wife closes from work by 5pm.

@Op...I hope you don't expect the wife to wait till 10:30 when he comes back from work?
Re: Married Men And Women: Is It A Must You Take Dinner With Your Spouses? by Gurgle(f): 4:42pm On Jun 26, 2015
Vision4God:
Somtyms d job of one may b so dmandin dat d only tym de hv 4 dscusin is wen eatin togeda.
Anyways it dpends on wat d couple hold as family values.

Btw I hv a neigbo hu confessed his ordeal wt anoda woman yle eating his wife's fud. D fud was so sweet dat he dint realise wat he was sayin. If she hadnt sat dwn to eat wt him hhhhmm I gues dat part wont hv bn xposed

What! and what happened next??
Re: Married Men And Women: Is It A Must You Take Dinner With Your Spouses? by bummyla(m): 5:00pm On Jun 26, 2015
It Is A Way To Catch Up With Each Others Day!

http://www.bummyla.com
Re: Married Men And Women: Is It A Must You Take Dinner With Your Spouses? by Princess4eva(f): 5:28pm On Jun 26, 2015
I think it's a matter of whateva rocks ur boat. Personally I hardly eat out and any meal I take at home I do it with my hubby, especially dinner. We neva eat dinner separately though there are times he comes back late, I wait. The down side of this is gaining weight when u eat too late into d night but inspite of this av not been able to bring myself to eating dinner alone. I love the small talks we do over dinner.
Re: Married Men And Women: Is It A Must You Take Dinner With Your Spouses? by stanform: 5:43pm On Jun 26, 2015
IS GOOD IT MAKES WOMEN HAPPY THAT IS WHY THEY ARE HUSBAND AND WIFE.
embarassed
Re: Married Men And Women: Is It A Must You Take Dinner With Your Spouses? by Vince77(m): 6:09pm On Jun 26, 2015
freecocoa:
I guess whoever has to wait for someone else to eat isn't really hungry.

I don't even see eating together as a way of bonding.
1000 likes for u abeg.
Re: Married Men And Women: Is It A Must You Take Dinner With Your Spouses? by Gurgle(f): 6:35pm On Jun 26, 2015
Yes it depends on the couple.

My parents always eat together when they have time

Otherwise my dad takes his food on his own

most times I take my meals in my room because I don't like the dining area

but if all my siblings are at home I can eat with them
Re: Married Men And Women: Is It A Must You Take Dinner With Your Spouses? by patfenda(m): 7:32pm On Jun 26, 2015
It's good even if u aren't married but he/she cooked d fud...It shows luv n respect

1 Like

Re: Married Men And Women: Is It A Must You Take Dinner With Your Spouses? by Mikeparlo12(m): 8:28pm On Jun 26, 2015
Having dinner together is an avenue to create bonding between the couple. Every couple looking love to do this but in the real sense of it myself as an example I get home 10 p.m daily. I encourage her to eat before am back. there are lots of ways we can bond aside eating togetherHaving dinner together is an avenue to create bonding between the couple. Every couple looking love to do this but in the real sense of it myself as an example I get home 10 p.m daily. I encourage her to eat before am back. there are lots of ways we can bond aside eating togetherHaving dinner together is an avenue to create bonding between the couple. Every couple looking love to do this but in the real sense of it myself as an example I get home 10 p.m daily. I encourage her to eat before am back. there are lots of ways we can bond aside eating together
Re: Married Men And Women: Is It A Must You Take Dinner With Your Spouses? by dazzysleek(f): 9:00pm On Jun 26, 2015
bukatyne:

That might be the foundation laid out.
wot if one of them travelled,d other will then starve till he/she returns eh?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Adopted Son Or Biological Son: Who Gets One's Inheritance? / Should I Go Back To School Or Focus On My Fruit Biz. / Sending Money To Parents Back Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.