Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,908 members, 7,828,187 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:18 AM

Celebrities React To Supreme Court Gay Marriage Ruling - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Celebrities React To Supreme Court Gay Marriage Ruling (1459 Views)

Did The Boobs Disappear? - Media React To Lady's Transformation Photo / "That Backside Can't Be 19" - Online Users React To Lady's 19th Birthday Photos / Plus Size Lady Dancing At Club Joker, Nigerians React (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Celebrities React To Supreme Court Gay Marriage Ruling by ogbonnajoe(m): 8:41pm On Jun 26, 2015
Los Angeles

- Some celebrity reaction to
the Supreme Court's decision that same-
sex couples have a right to marry
anywhere in the United States:

"Times are changing my friends. We have
such a long way to go and so much more
fighting to do so I hope nobody stops and
thinks everything's ok because it isn't, BUT
it's days like today, and moments like this
that we've all gotta have a drink and
celebrate how far we have come. I couldn't
be prouder to be gay." — Sam Smith, via
Instagram.

"Same-sex marriage is now legal all across
the US! Free to love. Free to marry. Free to
be equal!" — Lady Gaga, via Twitter.

"Love won." — Ellen DeGeneres, via Twitter.

"A beautiful long overdue victory and a day
to celebrate. The U.S. Supreme Court ruled
that the constitution guarantees a
nationwide right to same-sex marriage."
— Kate Hudson, via Instagram.

"Huge day for America. Happy to see the
news. All the love." — Harry Styles, via
Twitter.

"It's a new day. Thank you Supreme Court.
Thank you Justice Kennedy. Your opinion is
profound, in more ways than you may
know. #huzzah." — Neil Patrick Harris, via
Twitter.

"Happy tears on the eve of my own
wedding anniversary that all my friends
can know their marriage is respected and
protected by the law of the land." —
America Ferrera, via Instagram.

"This is a happy day, not just for LGBT
Americans, but for all Americans. It is the
beginning of an era where we no longer
will speak about same-sex marriage, but of
marriage. And one day, we need not speak
of LGBT rights, for they simply will be
human rights. Across this great land,
families are celebrating because we truly
are one family." — George Takei in a
statement.

"I have always said that everyone has the
right to love who they love and today, with
the historic decision from the Supreme
Court, I am so happy it is now the law of
the land." — Liza Minnelli in a statement.

"What's better than a supreme taco from
Taco Bell? The Supreme Court of the United
States. Thank you for making marriage
legal for EVERYONE today. Best birthday gift
ever." — Sean Hayes, via Facebook.

"Congratulations, particularly to those who
made the case for equality." — Ian
McKellen, via Twitter.

"Today is beautiful." — Ann Kendrick, via
Twitter.

"Is there a computer genius who can
make my GIF dreams come true with
Justice Ginsburg on a rainbow clad
motorcycle riding into the sunset?" —
Audra McDonald, via Twitter.

"#MarriageEquaility!!!! A giant step
towards our country being a better place
to be!" Shonda Rhimes, via Twitter.

"Love won! Dignity won! Common sense
won! SCOTUS is 2 for 2. Bravo." — Jason
Alexander, via Twitter.

"i am so overwhelmed with gratitude for
the wisdom of our Supreme Court - and
the courage of generations of LGBT
crusaders who have fought hard and
sacrificed much to lead us to this
powerfully emotional and historic
moment!!! what an amazing day for our
community - and our country!" — Zachary
Quinto, via Instagram.

"Hugely emotional that marriage equality
has finally come to the U.S. History! Love
ALWAYS wins." — Jesse Tyler Ferguson, via
Twitter.

"Ahora en los EEUU no se llamara
"matrimonio igualitario" se llamara
MATRIMONIO y punto." ("Now in the U.S. it
won't be "marriage equality" it will only be
MARRIAGE."wink — Ricky Martin, via Twitter.

"You never realize how heavy your
burden's been until you lay it down in the
promised land." — Harvey Fierstein, via
Twitter.

"Congratulations, Other Team! We all won.
#LGBTRights" — Rosanne Cash, via Twitter.

"It would have been better if it was done
by 1915, but we worked pretty fast. I'm
pretty happy about that. A lot of people I
know worked hard on this are celebrating
a lot today." - Penn Jillette, half of Penn &
Teller, in an interview.

"I'm so happy I'm crying!!!! #LoveWins" -
Kelly Osbourne, via Twitter.

- AP
Re: Celebrities React To Supreme Court Gay Marriage Ruling by ogbonnajoe(m): 9:02pm On Jun 26, 2015
sometimes I wonder whether USA is in another planet.....most absurd modes of life are celebrated there, wonder if there are still people with moral instincts in that country.

2 Likes

Re: Celebrities React To Supreme Court Gay Marriage Ruling by chigoizie7(m): 9:04pm On Jun 26, 2015
Wetin concern us?
Re: Celebrities React To Supreme Court Gay Marriage Ruling by ogbonnajoe(m): 9:14pm On Jun 26, 2015
chigoizie7:
Wetin concern us?

we live in the same planet bro.
Re: Celebrities React To Supreme Court Gay Marriage Ruling by chigoizie7(m): 9:28pm On Jun 26, 2015
ogbonnajoe:

we live in the same planet bro.

Yeah, but we live in naija,

Everything does not go here, even if naija govt legalize it, bros, u will still see people that will embarras and disgrace them, (eg me).

I was waiting to see if any naija man will follow caitlyn jenner's footstep. NONE.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Celebrities React To Supreme Court Gay Marriage Ruling by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jun 26, 2015
So Sam smith is gay . . .

*deleting all his songs*

1 Like

Re: Celebrities React To Supreme Court Gay Marriage Ruling by ogbonnajoe(m): 9:39pm On Jun 26, 2015
chigoizie7:

Yeah, but we live in naija,

Everything does not go here, even if naija govt legalize it, bros, u will still see people that will embarras and disgrace them, (eg me).

I was waiting to see if any naija man will follow caitlyn jenner's footstep. NONE.

you will agree with me that when it comes to international Relations Nigeria does not have this ''Lord it over them'' posture of the USA, in which case they always present one thing in exchange for another. But most annoyingly they only offer what you dont want.
Re: Celebrities React To Supreme Court Gay Marriage Ruling by Mostwanted7: 9:44pm On Jun 26, 2015
Very soon american videos will show niggas kissing
Re: Celebrities React To Supreme Court Gay Marriage Ruling by ogbonnajoe(m): 9:51pm On Jun 26, 2015
Mostwanted7:

and in order to make us bow, they will quickly start shipping it over to us.........parents should buckle up because it wount be easy keeping children within our moral line.

1 Like

Re: Celebrities React To Supreme Court Gay Marriage Ruling by tuffgongjo(m): 10:17pm On Jun 26, 2015
Teempakguy:

*deleting all his songs*
He is gay but I love his music,his private shiiit has nothing on his talent.

2 Likes

Re: Celebrities React To Supreme Court Gay Marriage Ruling by Mostwanted7: 10:40pm On Jun 26, 2015
ogbonnajoe:

and in order to make us bow, they will quickly start shipping it over to us.........parents should buckle up because it wount be easy keeping children within our moral line.

eventually our peeps will fall prey,i weep for this generation we in
Re: Celebrities React To Supreme Court Gay Marriage Ruling by Infomizer(m): 10:40pm On Jun 26, 2015
It's been a long time coming. I'm happy for them. So proud to be straight tho'...straight as 6 O'clock!!! grin

2 Likes

Re: Celebrities React To Supreme Court Gay Marriage Ruling by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jun 26, 2015
Na wa ooooo
Re: Celebrities React To Supreme Court Gay Marriage Ruling by Alexander001(m): 10:54pm On Jun 26, 2015
pampers go cost for U.S.A from now on.
Re: Celebrities React To Supreme Court Gay Marriage Ruling by Alexander001(m): 11:05pm On Jun 26, 2015
boys dey suffer coz of punny for here, others dey reject am.
Re: Celebrities React To Supreme Court Gay Marriage Ruling by OlufemiWhit(m): 11:34pm On Jun 26, 2015
Teempakguy:

*deleting all his songs*
lmao..... so you just dhy know.... *rotfl*
Re: Celebrities React To Supreme Court Gay Marriage Ruling by pinkiberry(m): 1:19am On Jun 27, 2015
F00LS. they are the pioneers of homosexuality. karma will catch up with them allangry
Re: Celebrities React To Supreme Court Gay Marriage Ruling by Mekky2010: 1:33am On Jun 27, 2015
In 100 years, may be more, may be less, those things that look extremely strange to us today may just become normal, to think that there was a time blacks and whites attended different schools, used different buses; it must have looked a kind of strange to a lot of people when efforts were being made to stop such nonsense by allowing blacks and whites to mix; there was a time that killing of twins was totaling normal, it definitely would have looked strange to our fore fathers when some people tried to stop it.

Today I find it extremely strange that a court could sanction man to man, woman to woman marriage, but then, who knows maybe in 50 years, people could not but imagine what I was thinking to view such as strange.

Summary is, changes will continue ...today I could not but wonder what the Romans were thinking by deploying gladitors as means of entertainment, but could you imagine that, many years ago it was absolutely normal. Today we enjoy boxing as entertainment, I bet you, in 200 years time, the coming generation may think we must all be nut to entertain such violet means of entertainment.

I only pity those of you that will suffer HBP for nothing, the key thing is (and I thank God for that), it's still a matter of choice.
My 2 cents.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Celebrities React To Supreme Court Gay Marriage Ruling by Chidonc(m): 1:44am On Jun 27, 2015
I will only agree 2 same sex marriage when OBAMA divorce his wife and gets married 2 george bush, until then I COVER. MY NYANSH WITH THE BLOOD OF JESUS

1 Like

Re: Celebrities React To Supreme Court Gay Marriage Ruling by Mznaett: 1:49am On Jun 27, 2015
Americans don get alert! Na Love win! I pray make naija follow get by all means

lol

#lady4rmmars
Re: Celebrities React To Supreme Court Gay Marriage Ruling by ogbonnajoe(m): 2:35am On Jun 27, 2015
Mznaett:
Americans don get alert! Na Love win! I pray make naija follow get by all means

lol

#lady4rmmars
Re: Celebrities React To Supreme Court Gay Marriage Ruling by ogbonnajoe(m): 2:38am On Jun 27, 2015
Infomizer:
It's been a long time coming. I'm happy for them. So proud to be straight tho'...straight as 6 O'clock!!! grin

no offence......please do check again to be sure you are straight.
Re: Celebrities React To Supreme Court Gay Marriage Ruling by Infomizer(m): 7:04am On Jun 27, 2015
ogbonnajoe:

no offence......please do check again to be sure you are straight.

No offence plz...got a sis? grin grin grin

Mekky2010:
In 100 years, may be more, may be less, those things that look extremely strange to us today may just become normal, to think that there was a time blacks and whites attended different schools, used different buses; it must have looked a kind of strange to a lot of people when efforts were being made to stop such nonsense by allowing blacks and whites to mix; there was a time that killing of twins was totaling normal, it definitely would have looked strange to our fore fathers when some people tried to stop it.
Today I find it extremely strange that a court could sanction man to man, woman to woman marriage, but then, who knows maybe in 50 years, people could not but imagine what I was thinking to view such as strange.
Summary is, changes will continue ...today I could not but wonder what the Romans were thinking by deploying gladitors as means of entertainment, but could you imagine that, many years ago it was absolutely normal. Today we enjoy boxing as entertainment, I bet you, in 200 years time, the coming generation may think we must all be nut to entertain such violet means of entertainment.
I only pity those of you that will suffer HBP for nothing, the key thing is (and I thank God for that), it's still a matter of choice.
My 2 cents.

Kudos to this piece. This has always been my line of argument. There was a time when being straight was seen as abnormal especially in the case of Emperor Claudius. I really don't get why people bite their heads off over nothing. Like you said, since it's a matter of choice, no wahala! Any guy can plug his deek anywhere it is accepted. It's none of my business.

pinkiberry:
F00LS. they are the pioneers of homosexuality. karma will catch up with them allangry

They're not ma'am. Sorry.

2 Likes

Re: Celebrities React To Supreme Court Gay Marriage Ruling by lahit14(m): 7:22am On Jun 27, 2015
Mostwanted7:

Very soon??!!!!! If u didn't notic, why they'r celeberatin this now is becos of the ruling effectiv in evry single state in the us, gays hav been marryin but not in evry state, u'lld hav to move to a state whr it is acceptabl be4 now u can just do it anywhr u r. So yes niggas hav been kissing in american videos man
Re: Celebrities React To Supreme Court Gay Marriage Ruling by Badosqi(m): 8:38am On Jun 27, 2015
Mostwanted7:
aaaaah where have you been? American videos have been showing gay sex videos since not just kissing again. They just want to force that rubbish on our throat.
Let me just list 3 season films which contain gay scenes:

My best season film Spartacus: Agron and his gay wife, Baca and his gay wife in Batiatus' Ludus.

Game of Thrones

The Originals.
Re: Celebrities React To Supreme Court Gay Marriage Ruling by ogbonnajoe(m): 8:59am On Jun 27, 2015
our African culture and lifestyle is going to come under heavy challenge in the nearest future.........
Re: Celebrities React To Supreme Court Gay Marriage Ruling by sthugo: 9:07am On Jun 27, 2015
Sam smith just like elton john wow with their beautiful and wonderful voices

This is just a mind trick,a misconception of the normal that dwindles so fast.

I don't believe all gays are born gay,they are mostly lured via loneliness or insecurity from the opposite sex.its a psychological disorder that needs to be addressed properly when its still at the beginning before it becomes spiritual.
The American supreme court has failed the human nature and I hope they could bear the consequences of this when the wrath starts.

1 Like

Re: Celebrities React To Supreme Court Gay Marriage Ruling by ogbonnajoe(m): 9:53am On Jun 27, 2015
sthugo:
Sam smith just like elton john wow with their beautiful and wonderful voices

This is just a mind trick,a misconception of the normal that dwindles so fast.

I don't believe all gays are born gay,they are mostly lured via loneliness or insecurity from the opposite sex.its a psychological disorder that needs to be addressed properly when its still at the beginning before it becomes spiritual.
The American supreme court has failed the human nature and I hope they could bear the consequences of this when the wrath starts.
Very true bro........I can't imagine any fact to support the notion that one is ''born Gay''

(1) (Reply)

Do We Still Have Such Men? Picture. / 48-year-old Actress Flaunts Nipples, Butt On Flaunt Magazine / See The 5 Ways To Prevent Pregnancy Without Using C0ndom [MUST READ]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.