Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,488 members, 7,770,192 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 07:09 AM

RHD To LHD Conversion - The Facts. - Autos (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / RHD To LHD Conversion - The Facts. (85644 Views)

Car Conversion (rhd To Lhd) / Rhd To Lhd Conversion. / Rhd To Lhd Enquiry. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: RHD To LHD Conversion - The Facts. by ikeyman00(m): 3:18am On Mar 02, 2009
well im in wembley-stonebrigbe park side, so more like north-west london

however, after comin back from naija i decide to go hustle small for scotland u know, so me in glasgow now, but will vist london soon u know

i aint hard to find u know, u can talk to me about some love hahhhaa
Re: RHD To LHD Conversion - The Facts. by ikeyman00(m): 3:22am On Mar 02, 2009
spoke to mum on phone, she is like #230 on banks? in the east-igbo side ha

that will be like #235 in lagos

but lookin from money gramm and chequepoint, their rate na the same 208, 210

me thinkin the reason is, demand less, hence fixed high charges or tax?

but for naija level not bad at all for whoever goin down to change it there
Re: RHD To LHD Conversion - The Facts. by Busybody2(f): 3:24am On Mar 02, 2009
Na Essex I dey, Seven kings/Goodmayes to be precise.

We better stop derailing threads before they come down on our arse, I am a well behaved person without any blemish on my character and would like to keep it like that cheesy grin cheesy

Twas really nice talking to you bruv, hopefully we will jam again somewhere we can go off-topic and off-tangent as much as we like grin How's your wifey Tpia by the way cheesy cheesy cheesy

And thanks for that rate conversion, I can now finally breath, I have been holding my breath since the day it dropped to N184 grin grin grin
Re: RHD To LHD Conversion - The Facts. by ikeyman00(m): 3:37am On Mar 02, 2009
now i have to take this really serious hahhhahha tialapia huh. well i suppose something must have hapen behind my back hahhha cuz all a while now j[b]inx[/b] has be sayin that. tipa my wife hahh? guess what never spoke to her on 1 on 1, maybe she like my soldier style ahhha

so the whole thing? god know where that come from but Jinx i blame on that cuz she knew i dnt like norhern vampires, she turn out a hater on everthing about me
Re: RHD To LHD Conversion - The Facts. by Busybody2(f): 3:43am On Mar 02, 2009
Tilapia na ya wifey whether you like am or not, you are cheating on Ikeyman00, and na with my own two tatafo eyes I see am, nobody tell me anything cheesy

And your soldier action no fit work with iron-lady like Tpia, does she resemble a do-as-you-are-told housewife to you? Better get ready because na she go dey wear trouser for ya relationship grin grin grin
Re: RHD To LHD Conversion - The Facts. by ikeyman00(m): 3:47am On Mar 02, 2009
k damn ha im thinkin now u see there is another maggot in here that uses my ID user ikeymanOO, thats not me, maybe the desperate fool who doesnt know what pum pum looks is the one hahha.u never know
Re: RHD To LHD Conversion - The Facts. by coolfaced8(f): 2:38pm On Mar 02, 2009
Re: RHD To LHD Conversion - The Facts. by Nobody: 8:24am On Mar 03, 2009
The fact is, a conversion done right is perfectly safe.
As I've stated, buyers of RHD cars, that wish to convert to LHD are generally misinformed, as to the parts required to do the job. It's not uncommon to find requests for LHD dash / fascia and steering rack. I've never seen requests for any of the other items required, as per my list!

And of course, a lot of Nigerian techs are only too glad to charge as little as they do, because they work with just those 2 items, and fabricate (bodge?) the rest to make it fit.

Most work on this principle:

"If it don't fit, bend it, beat it with a sledge hammer, weld it till it does fit." cheesy

A scary thought, and much as folk would prefer to believe it's a pucka job, we all know it isn't. wink
Re: RHD To LHD Conversion - The Facts. by omasogood(m): 2:02am On Mar 04, 2009
Good Day Siena,
Thanks very much for sharing your knowledge,it is really helpful and educative.

Please can you give me a quote for converting a 1999 Rover 75 1.8 Club SE 4dr Manual Saloon from RHD to LHD.
I am considering sending it back home.

Thanks for your time.
[color=#000099][/color]
Re: RHD To LHD Conversion - The Facts. by Nobody: 9:00am On Mar 04, 2009
omasogood:

Good Day Siena,
Thanks very much for sharing your knowledge,it is really helpful and educative.

Please can you give me a quote for converting a 1999 Rover 75 1.8 Club SE 4dr Manual Saloon from RHD to LHD.
I am considering sending it back home.

Thanks for your time.
[color=#000099][/color]

For the Rover 75, you're looking at £1,900 inclusive of parts and labour.
Re: RHD To LHD Conversion - The Facts. by omasogood(m): 1:16pm On Mar 04, 2009
For the Rover 75, you're looking at £1,900 inclusive of parts and labour.

Thanks Siena,Please can you tell me how long it will take to convert and also where you are based.Much appreciated.
Re: RHD To LHD Conversion - The Facts. by Nobody: 2:17pm On Mar 04, 2009
omasogood:

Thanks Siena,Please can you tell me how long it will take to convert and also where you are based.Much appreciated.

Conversion takes 10 days, I'm based in Woodbridge, Suffolk.
Re: RHD To LHD Conversion - The Facts. by omasogood(m): 7:05pm On Mar 04, 2009
Conversion takes 10 days, I'm based in Woodbridge, Suffolk.

Thanks Siena,I,ll let you know when i'm ready to do the conversion.
Re: RHD To LHD Conversion - The Facts. by ABBY4: 10:17pm On Mar 28, 2009
Had a car conversion done recently,right hand to left hand drive by a good mechanic in ladipo,so far,the car is perfectly okay.you can call me on 08077762758 or 08055901715.
Re: RHD To LHD Conversion - The Facts. by javadevil: 12:02am On Mar 29, 2009
@sienna
sent you mails but no reply
Re: RHD To LHD Conversion - The Facts. by pummps: 1:32am On Mar 29, 2009
Seina,
How much will the conversion of an '02 Golf cost Hope its not the same £1850 you suggested.
Re: RHD To LHD Conversion - The Facts. by D1O(m): 1:07pm On Apr 03, 2009
Re: RHD To LHD Conversion - The Facts. by D1O(m): 1:08pm On Apr 03, 2009
Re: RHD To LHD Conversion - The Facts. by ikeyman00(m): 10:20pm On Apr 23, 2009
siena

check ur mail

thanks
Re: RHD To LHD Conversion - The Facts. by ikeyman00(m): 8:08pm On May 01, 2009
siena check ur mail
Re: RHD To LHD Conversion - The Facts. by larenzo4(m): 9:40pm On May 04, 2009
hi siena please could you let me have your email address or refer me to someone in 9ja for the conversion of a 1999 626 mazda. looking forward to hearing from you soonest.
Re: RHD To LHD Conversion - The Facts. by larenzo4(m): 9:58pm On May 04, 2009
@ siena,
its a manual rhd car. i need quotes on how much it will cost me to convert to lhd, better still, your mail so i can send we communicate better or however you wish,i really need info and i can see that you do know your onions as far as this area is concerned. pls reply ASAP. thanks. ma addy is larenzo04@yahoo.co.uk, just in case.
Re: RHD To LHD Conversion - The Facts. by ikeyman00(m): 9:16am On May 06, 2009
@@@ post

u got mail
Re: RHD To LHD Conversion - The Facts. by Tinkerman: 9:59am On May 06, 2009
Hey Siena,
Can you pls provide with the cost of converting a peugoet 406 (2000 model)RHD to LHD.
Are you based in UK or Nij?

Thanks
Re: RHD To LHD Conversion - The Facts. by ofomzi(m): 2:33am On May 07, 2009
@ Siena,
I would really appreciate it if you could tell me what is required for a peugeot 607 conversion including prices. [b]email :[/b]ofuomaikogho@yahoo.com.

cheers
Re: RHD To LHD Conversion - The Facts. by Nobody: 9:30am On May 07, 2009
D1O:

@ Siena,

I emailed about converting RHD Toyota Carina E GS to continental (LHD) but did not get a response from you.

The car has got power window controls on the current drivers side (right hand) and the hand brake closer to the driver (right) not central. Then the boot and tank release levers are also situated on the current driver's (right) floor.

Knowing  the cost of conversion would enable me decide whether to ship this car or just sell it off here for the usual 300-550 wink

Please advice. I hope the photo helps (as per location of the handbrake).

Cheers.

D10, the Carina E's too old, and the complete firewall has to be replaced, so not really cost effective to convert, I'd suggest selling it here!
Re: RHD To LHD Conversion - The Facts. by D1O(m): 9:32am On May 07, 2009
Thanks Siena,

I really needed the advice. Will do. Cheers!!
Re: RHD To LHD Conversion - The Facts. by Nobody: 9:35am On May 07, 2009
Tinkerman:

Hey Siena,
Can you pls provide with the cost of converting a peugoet 406  (2000 model)RHD to LHD.
Are you based in UK or Nij?

Thanks

I'm based here in the UK.

Please send me an email, details are in my signature, thanks!
Re: RHD To LHD Conversion - The Facts. by Tinkerman: 12:30pm On May 07, 2009
Thanks Siena for your response.
Re: RHD To LHD Conversion - The Facts. by Tinkerman: 12:34pm On May 07, 2009
Just called you now Siena but your phone is ringing but no one is picking it up,
Re: RHD To LHD Conversion - The Facts. by ikeyman00(m): 7:59pm On May 20, 2009
hi siena

just wonderin if everything is ok

just rang u few times but no answer

thanks
Re: RHD To LHD Conversion - The Facts. by DatNiggaAk(m): 8:57am On May 21, 2009
Siena, really enlightning.
you are a gem in the auto section
keep it up bro

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

***Point 'n' Kill - Motorcycles - Motorbikes - Powerbikes Only*****let's GO!!!! / Lagos Plate Number Is Available / I Finally Bought The Tokunbo E250 Ford Econoline For 1.4m (PICS ATTACHED)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.