Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,515 members, 7,819,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

Help, I Don't Want To Leave My Wife Behind - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Help, I Don't Want To Leave My Wife Behind (984 Views)

Leave My Husband Alone (Pic) / I'm Sex Starve,but I Don't Want To Cheat On Him. / Ijeoma Ezegbulam, Incase You Are On Nland, Please Leave My Husband Alone For Me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help, I Don't Want To Leave My Wife Behind by daracat: 11:09pm On Feb 28, 2009
After spending 3 years in scotland, i met my wife here and she(scottish) makes me the happiest man in the world.

The issue now is that i am relocating to Nigeria ans she is worried that she might not get a job and we'll have nothn to do.

Could anyone please advise me on  the job prospects of a foreigner in Nigeria?
Re: Help, I Don't Want To Leave My Wife Behind by touchmeder: 12:34am On Mar 01, 2009
First things first what course did your wife study or where does she work?
on a serious note una for discuss this kind matter before marriage. Abi did u just decide to come home all of a sudden?
Re: Help, I Don't Want To Leave My Wife Behind by Czarskit(m): 12:49am On Mar 01, 2009
She'll defin8ly get a job but I'll advice dat u both stay in Scotland! Naija is over populated!
Re: Help, I Don't Want To Leave My Wife Behind by chisimdi(f): 12:51am On Mar 01, 2009
Czarskit:

She'll defin8ly get a job but I'll advice dat u both stay in Scotland! Naija is over populated!
lmaoo,u go wound o!!!!
Re: Help, I Don't Want To Leave My Wife Behind by Czarskit(m): 1:00am On Mar 01, 2009
All these 'diasporic dudes' r nw returning & I'm nt finding it funny! We loff una but make una manage 4 dat syd abeg. . . tongue
Re: Help, I Don't Want To Leave My Wife Behind by daracat: 2:00am On Mar 01, 2009
touchmeder:

First things first what course did your wife study or where does she work?
on a serious note una for discuss this kind matter before marriage. Abi did u just decide to come home all of a sudden?

she studied nursing. i finished my mba since 2006 in oil and gas management and there are no jobs in Scotland relating to my field at the moment. i feel i will be better off coming home to get into the industry.
Re: Help, I Don't Want To Leave My Wife Behind by daracat: 2:05am On Mar 01, 2009
guy
Czarskit:

All these 'diasporic dudes' r nw returning & I'm nt finding it funny! We loff una but make una manage 4 dat syd abeg. . . tongue

guy y u dey fear. thr is no need for beef. relax keep fasting and praying God will help you in getting ahead, someday. cool
Re: Help, I Don't Want To Leave My Wife Behind by spikedcylinder: 5:59am On Mar 01, 2009
Teaching helps too. . . .
Re: Help, I Don't Want To Leave My Wife Behind by MoneyRule(m): 9:18am On Mar 01, 2009
Yeah, she need not fear,she would get a job as long as she has a nice resumè.
But you sef,among the countries that actually manage oil and gas,you had to go to one that doesn't?? Why not relocate to anoda foreign country that will have jobs for you?
Nigeria really needs a reduction in migration!!
Re: Help, I Don't Want To Leave My Wife Behind by ojubi(m): 10:37am On Mar 01, 2009
I would advice u to come down with her as u are likely to get a job immediately with an oil firm.
As for ur wife it is not really easy with nurses down here b/c majority of the jobs available are private clinic jobs and they are not even manageable. If she can exercise patient she can get a job in a teaching hospital with time.
This is manageable and this is going to give her enough time to take care of the kids
personally i am a nurse that just left the private clinics league to an oil firm. CHEERS.
Re: Help, I Don't Want To Leave My Wife Behind by spikedcylinder: 10:59am On Mar 01, 2009
All of you shouting about all the migration, are you scared they are gonna snatch your jobs from you? tongue
Re: Help, I Don't Want To Leave My Wife Behind by touchmeder: 11:36pm On Mar 01, 2009
unless ure talking of maybe Aberdeen with a course like yours something could come up but with this credit crunch lipsrsealed
thats a great profession your wife got, medical people are always in demand. i dont think u guys got an issue as such perhaps just one of gathering courage and coming back home.All d best sha
Re: Help, I Don't Want To Leave My Wife Behind by Gabry(f): 4:08am On Mar 02, 2009
Foreignor? hmmm. . . Common now,. . . Its easy to get a job in Naija. . . Wait a min. Does she have qualifications and does she have work experiences?

Cause I applied to a few just to try out the job market in naija and believe it or not, I got accepted to all tongue
Re: Help, I Don't Want To Leave My Wife Behind by Nobody: 4:18am On Mar 02, 2009
she's white? she'll get great teaching jobs in all the highbrow schools in Lagos with good pay.
Re: Help, I Don't Want To Leave My Wife Behind by oluwafemi113(m): 8:31am On Mar 02, 2009
see love
Re: Help, I Don't Want To Leave My Wife Behind by lancevader(m): 8:52am On Mar 02, 2009
u no complete am now in scotland
Re: Help, I Don't Want To Leave My Wife Behind by touchmeder: 8:23pm On Mar 02, 2009
davidylan:

she's white? she'll get great teaching jobs in all the highbrow schools in Lagos with good pay.

spot on even private hospitals/clinics too. better one oh.
Re: Help, I Don't Want To Leave My Wife Behind by Anikeji: 10:06am On Mar 03, 2009
Well when you say leave what do you mean?

The end of the marriage or simply until you get settled in Naija and send for her?

Now, the age old - use what you have to get what you want.

If you have friends, family, etc NETWORK!!! Can't stress this enough, use your connections to get informed about possibilities and follow up on any leads

Find out what the requirements are for a non-Nigerian to enter into the Naija work force.

If you can afford it, maybe she can come with you to check things out, that way she's better informed and can make up her mind to move or remain in Scotland

Good luck with everything
Re: Help, I Don't Want To Leave My Wife Behind by bobbyo(m): 12:44pm On Mar 03, 2009
Really am surprised to know there are less jobs to do with your certificate in Scotland, am saying this because i know a lot of oil companies here in Nigeria send their workers on training in Scotland.like i know of EXPRO in Aberdeen,so just keep on with the search.i must let you know that if you eventually bring her in while you guys are still young she will remain unhappy so thats the only sacrifice you will have to render for being married to a foreigner.good luck muan
Re: Help, I Don't Want To Leave My Wife Behind by HohDee(m): 5:39pm On Mar 03, 2009
zup bro! u ga hope to get a job(definitely),bt ur wife,i doubt,she read a good course no doubt(nursin)thts d fastest job to make u a billionaire in United State(meh!).Bt 4 naija, sorry,cuz even d nurse wey dey naija dey find way to ja.
Best of luck!!!!!
Re: Help, I Don't Want To Leave My Wife Behind by Busta(f): 6:29pm On Mar 03, 2009

LMAO!! tongue
Naija can never be over populated!
Re: Help, I Don't Want To Leave My Wife Behind by spoilt(f): 11:37pm On Mar 03, 2009
She'll find a job in naija. They will be more than happy to hire an 'oyibo'. grin
Re: Help, I Don't Want To Leave My Wife Behind by AnthonyKil(m): 5:40am On Mar 04, 2009
Poster, you should leave your wife in her country so that you could phock other ladies in your birth country

(1) (Reply)

Is It Good for a Girl to Marry at 21? / This Is What I Find On His Status / If You Have A Girlfriend That Cheats On You, What Will You Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.