Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,859 members, 7,956,239 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 08:18 AM

Snail Farm Begins - The Birth Of A Farm - Agriculture (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Snail Farm Begins - The Birth Of A Farm (63992 Views)

Photos Of A Big Python Killed In A Farm / Photos Of My Snail Farm In Edo State / The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Snail Farm Begins - The Birth Of A Farm by tillinfinity01(m): 5:25am On Sep 27, 2016
I am seriously interested in snail farming and want to get started ASAP. Meanwhile, I don't get into things that I'm not conversant with. So, I want to hook up with people who are practically involved in the snail farming business.

We can work together as partners or you be my mentor. Contact me at tillinfinity01@gmail.com
Re: Snail Farm Begins - The Birth Of A Farm by Jatropha: 9:00am On Sep 27, 2016
Pls add to the group 07067961664
Re: Snail Farm Begins - The Birth Of A Farm by niyisky: 11:12am On Sep 27, 2016
wink smiley
Re: Snail Farm Begins - The Birth Of A Farm by mendelian(m): 1:49am On Sep 28, 2016
please add me to the WhatsApp group 09028053046
Re: Snail Farm Begins - The Birth Of A Farm by smallblow: 4:01pm On Sep 29, 2016
pls add me 08085495217 hadeywhaley
Re: Snail Farm Begins - The Birth Of A Farm by chemicalT(m): 4:37pm On Sep 29, 2016
pls add me and my friend to d group 08137994632 08031869415
Re: Snail Farm Begins - The Birth Of A Farm by oasisfarms: 7:58pm On Sep 29, 2016
Pls add me to the whatsapp group 08086661049 Oasisfarms
Re: Snail Farm Begins - The Birth Of A Farm by Vicsdahblup(m): 1:53am On Sep 30, 2016
Re: Snail Farm Begins - The Birth Of A Farm by kennysympathy(m): 12:27am On Oct 16, 2016
Guess I need help asap. I need to know I can prevent ants from coming into the pen. it's constructed with block. But the bottom was not cemented. Advice please.
Re: Snail Farm Begins - The Birth Of A Farm by kennysympathy(m): 12:30am On Oct 16, 2016
If there is a whatsapp group you can add me. 070.3.8.8.5.3.8.2.3.
Re: Snail Farm Begins - The Birth Of A Farm by tvcatch15(m): 2:23pm On Oct 17, 2016
yazz09:
Hey fellow farmers, I just took a step closer to my new animal farm. I will start with a snail farm then I'll add other livestock to the farm as we grow.
I'll be posting updates here periodically for those that might be interested, Ow and some pictures too.

Without further ado, let's get started. ). I've built my Pen (snail house), and today I've put sand in the pen. I will be getting my brood stock before next week runs out, maybe Wednesday. Anyway see the pictures below how my pen looks like.

Till next week update: Food business is Good business.

NB: THE WHATSAPP GROUP HAS REACHED MAX NUMBER OF USERS.
PS NO NEW MEMBERS CAN BE ADDED, MY SINCERE APOLOGIES TO ALL THOSE I COULD NOT ADD

Good day
Pls how do u manage snail during dry season.
Tnx
Re: Snail Farm Begins - The Birth Of A Farm by jaybim: 3:32pm On Oct 22, 2016
Hello guys, I found 6 of these eggs in my snail pen. I'm confused, are they snail eggs? Do they belong to the specie in the picture, those are the adult snails I have.
And please what specie is that, so I can read up on them. Thanks

Re: Snail Farm Begins - The Birth Of A Farm by Hybrid600: 4:22pm On Oct 22, 2016
jaybim:
Hello guys, I found 6 of these eggs in my snail pen. I'm confused, are they snail eggs? Do they belong to the specie in the picture, those are the adult snails I have.
And please what specie is that, so I can read up on them. Thanks

That's the snail eggs..
That should be Am ( Archatina Maginata)
Re: Snail Farm Begins - The Birth Of A Farm by jaybim: 5:13pm On Oct 22, 2016
Hybrid600:

That's the snail eggs..
That should be Am ( Archatina Maginata)

Thanks a lot...U are right. I was scared something else had laid in the pen...The egg is huge shocked
Re: Snail Farm Begins - The Birth Of A Farm by Ifedayour007(m): 5:49pm On Oct 22, 2016
Urbangrow:
Hi Yazz09,
I have read your thread all through and I really appreciate that you are sharing your experience with us here.
Unfortunately it seems there isn't any room on your whattsapp group anymore, as I am a snail farmer. I would have loved to be part of the group. I am currently having issues with my snails.

I started in sept last year with 200 snails bought from a snail farmer and now I have just 163 and I fear I may keep loosing more. They aren't laying eggs either as the last time I saw eggs was last year October where I got about 12 eggs of which none hatched, so maybe I didn't incubate them well.

Their mobility was also good as at last year up until December when harmattan came and since then they just cluster up together and they've been dying every other day. So I don't know if it's because of the weather that I am having these issues. I give them water as I know and have seen that they respond very well when water touches them.

Their pens have cocoyam grown in them as well as some other plant for food and shade and I also give them feed formula but they have been rejecting that recently. They love plantain, pineapple and fruits in general, but it could be expensive having to be feeding them on this every other day as I have to buy from the market.

It's really painful when I see a dead snail in the pen every other day!
I really need your help with getting them back to tiptop shape and start laying eggs and to stop them from dying.

Here are pictures of my snails and their pen.
Your help and any other person's suggestion/advice will help.

Remove that other plant asap. Its poisinous ...
Re: Snail Farm Begins - The Birth Of A Farm by Ifedayour007(m): 5:51pm On Oct 22, 2016
Urbangrow:
Hi Yazz09,
I have read your thread all through and I really appreciate that you are sharing your experience with us here.
Unfortunately it seems there isn't any room on your whattsapp group anymore, as I am a snail farmer. I would have loved to be part of the group. I am currently having issues with my snails.

I started in sept last year with 200 snails bought from a snail farmer and now I have just 163 and I fear I may keep loosing more. They aren't laying eggs either as the last time I saw eggs was last year October where I got about 12 eggs of which none hatched, so maybe I didn't incubate them well.

Their mobility was also good as at last year up until December when harmattan came and since then they just cluster up together and they've been dying every other day. So I don't know if it's because of the weather that I am having these issues. I give them water as I know and have seen that they respond very well when water touches them.

Their pens have cocoyam grown in them as well as some other plant for food and shade and I also give them feed formula but they have been rejecting that recently. They love plantain, pineapple and fruits in general, but it could be expensive having to be feeding them on this every other day as I have to buy from the market.

It's really painful when I see a dead snail in the pen every other day!
I really need your help with getting them back to tiptop shape and start laying eggs and to stop them from dying.

Here are pictures of my snails and their pen.
Your help and any other person's suggestion/advice will help.

Remove that other plant asap. Its poisinous ... Read about it here.http://www.guide-to-houseplants.com/dumb-cane.html
Re: Snail Farm Begins - The Birth Of A Farm by Gbemi95i(m): 9:40pm On Oct 22, 2016
Neduzze5:

Post your number so that you will be added to the Naja snail farmers whatsapp group

Hi im interested in starting a small snail farm here in Lagos. Please could you add me to the group so I could learn all the necessities.
My number is 08185224640
Re: Snail Farm Begins - The Birth Of A Farm by midasinitiative: 4:38pm On Oct 24, 2016
Midas Initiative is quite keen on supporting agriculture because diversification is non-negotiable in the face of scarce foreign exchange. It is important for Nigerians to look inward. Agriculture is readily available through crop and livestock production among others.
INVEST IN OWN A FARM PROJECT
Get over 50% discount for a full farm set up (Ugwu, Cucumber, Green Pepper, Cabbage, hot pepper, Chili pepper, Plantain)
PROMO OFFERS
Set up fee for plot of farm @ N75, 000
Set up 8 plots and get one plot free set up
Set up I hectare and get 2 plots free set up
Set up fee can be paid in 3 times Installments
Plantain intercropped with vegetables@100,000 with 2 year land lease per plot.
BENEFITS
Full farm set up which entails land clearing, ploughing, ridging making, seeds, planting, manure, pest control, weeding)
On a plot of land earn as much as N250,000 income and N3,000,000 on a hectare in one year
One year land lease with Irrigation
9 months management
Opportunity to have Midas Food Mart market and sell your farm produce
Organic farm produce
Earn 10% commission for any referral while making someone’s dream of earning extra income a reality. Busy Executives can have us manage their farms.
Become a member of Midas Initiative farmers’ hub
Attend our quarterly food expos and special events
Have us link you to farmers’ association that will aid your growth in this industrial.
Hurry now while promo last
Other services you can enjoy in Midas Initiative: Organic home garden set up, organic manure, King Humus soil conditioner and fertilizer enhancer, seedlings, farm boots, consulting and mentoring.
08091490783 or 08149449140
Re: Snail Farm Begins - The Birth Of A Farm by jemjem(f): 4:54pm On Oct 31, 2016
Pls add me to the whatsapp group. 08059776759
Re: Snail Farm Begins - The Birth Of A Farm by tvcatch15(m): 11:33am On Nov 04, 2016
yazz09:

I've stated the formula as part of this thread

Hello, will this formula be measured in % or kg. Tnx
Re: Snail Farm Begins - The Birth Of A Farm by tvcatch15(m): 11:52am On Nov 04, 2016
yazz09:
Hey fellow farmers, I just took a step closer to my new animal farm. I will start with a snail farm then I'll add other livestock to the farm as we grow.
I'll be posting updates here periodically for those that might be interested, Ow and some pictures too.

Without further ado, let's get started. ). I've built my Pen (snail house), and today I've put sand in the pen. I will be getting my brood stock before next week runs out, maybe Wednesday. Anyway see the pictures below how my pen looks like.

Till next week update: Food business is Good business.

NB: THE WHATSAPP GROUP HAS REACHED MAX NUMBER OF USERS.
PS NO NEW MEMBERS CAN BE ADDED, MY SINCERE APOLOGIES TO ALL THOSE I COULD NOT ADD

Hello,will d formula be measured in % or kg. Tnx
Re: Snail Farm Begins - The Birth Of A Farm by akzamani(m): 8:26pm On Nov 14, 2016
Pls wat can cause it? My juvenile snails refuse to eat..snail farmerz should pls help me out..
Yazz
Re: Snail Farm Begins - The Birth Of A Farm by kolaalax: 9:59pm On Nov 27, 2016
Please add me to one of the Whatsapp groups
‭‭+234 902 990 7820‬‬
Re: Snail Farm Begins - The Birth Of A Farm by kolaalax: 10:02pm On Nov 27, 2016
I'm trying to set up a farm in lagos. I need to find out where I can get about 50 breeders in lagos, including hatchlings, eggs, and feed. And some good convo once in a while.
Re: Snail Farm Begins - The Birth Of A Farm by Moboj: 11:21am On Nov 28, 2016
kolaalax:
I'm trying to set up a farm in lagos. I need to find out where I can get about 50 breeders in lagos, including hatchlings, eggs, and feed. And some good convo once in a while.
We supply you with forest picked snail's for your snail farming
Whatsapp 08154094629
Call:09033652517
Re: Snail Farm Begins - The Birth Of A Farm by chemgee: 7:25pm On Mar 26, 2017
pls tell me I'm not late...I really need it!

0808 108 9384...Charles

Merci.
Re: Snail Farm Begins - The Birth Of A Farm by Asaye77(m): 9:25pm On Mar 26, 2017
plz add me 08029549388
Re: Snail Farm Begins - The Birth Of A Farm by Ratugal: 9:21pm On Mar 27, 2017
Op pls I have an hectare space of farm land which am presently on the fencing stage. I planed to do poultry, piggery & fishery there but with what AV learnt so far from your wealth of knowledge, am bigining to think that it will be more economical & profitable to swap the fishery for snalery. Pls add me on 08035374372. Your axpertise will be highly needed in helping me to set up my farm sir.
Re: Snail Farm Begins - The Birth Of A Farm by topudo(m): 6:39pm On Mar 31, 2017
08135904092. add me to the whatsapp group.
Re: Snail Farm Begins - The Birth Of A Farm by oyimaliski: 7:53pm On Mar 31, 2017
I need the brood stock in Lagos. How can I get it?

Secondly. What's the maturity period of snail in days?

Watsapp 08095959963
Re: Snail Farm Begins - The Birth Of A Farm by Mulang: 12:30pm On Jun 10, 2017
Urbangrow:

Hi Mansionhans, you can send me an email, then I will send my contact details. It's opss2011@yahoo.co.uk. I Look forward to receiving your message.
Thank you

Am also interested, pls send me a mail too so i can send my contact across. Tganks
Re: Snail Farm Begins - The Birth Of A Farm by Mulang: 12:33pm On Jun 10, 2017
[quote author=Mulang post=57380553]

Am also interested, pls send me a mail too so i can send my contact across. gloriaafure@gmail.com , attached below is the space i want to use i. Rearing the snails

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

We Sell Pure Honey, Contact Us / Meet My Turkey Mums & Chicks / Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.