Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,122 members, 7,821,847 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:01 PM

Snail Farm Begins - The Birth Of A Farm - Agriculture (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Snail Farm Begins - The Birth Of A Farm (62910 Views)

Photos Of A Big Python Killed In A Farm / Photos Of My Snail Farm In Edo State / The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Snail Farm Begins - The Birth Of A Farm by Neduzze5(m): 9:50pm On May 31, 2016
SnowJay92:

What's the need for the separation?

1. It allows for easy sorting
2. The older ones may cheat the younger ones of food
3. The older ones are capable of eating the younger ones
Re: Snail Farm Begins - The Birth Of A Farm by Nobody: 9:56pm On May 31, 2016
Neduzze5:

Wow, learning all the way, so it's actually compulsory to have more than a pen or to compartmentalize the pen?
Re: Snail Farm Begins - The Birth Of A Farm by cool318(m): 10:25pm On Jun 02, 2016
Never knew Snails have Di*k until i caught these two lovers. Take a look

Re: Snail Farm Begins - The Birth Of A Farm by rodgermetty(m): 11:27pm On Jun 19, 2016
wow
Re: Snail Farm Begins - The Birth Of A Farm by Eacole(m): 1:47pm On Jun 20, 2016
Pls is there any snail farmer around Mushin or sango? Kindly indicate as I will be needing calcium supplements and about to lay-snail. Contact jokobambiz@yahoo.com
Re: Snail Farm Begins - The Birth Of A Farm by aiotaq: 4:00pm On Jun 20, 2016
There are many agricultural interest groups associated with INAT. Join and ask question related to your interest at www.inat.com.ng
Re: Snail Farm Begins - The Birth Of A Farm by roolnaado(m): 2:10pm On Jul 28, 2016
Please what could be killing my snails, they just whiten and die off. Please Ogas in here help.

Re: Snail Farm Begins - The Birth Of A Farm by cool318(m): 10:36pm On Jul 31, 2016
roolnaado:
Please what could be killing my snails, they just whiten and die off. Please Ogas in here help.

Hi Roolnaado, has the mortality rate decreased by now. If not, quarantine the snails. Isolate them from the pen housing them before. After which, clear and clean the pen with jik, allow it for days, then reintroduce the snails.
Re: Snail Farm Begins - The Birth Of A Farm by roolnaado(m): 11:59pm On Jul 31, 2016
cool318:

Hi Roolnaado, has the mortality rate decreased by now. If not, quarantine the snails. Isolate them from the pen housing them before. After which, clear and clean the pen with jik, allow it for days, then reintroduce the snails.
Thanks cool318 I will try this Asap
Re: Snail Farm Begins - The Birth Of A Farm by montvale2009: 4:47am On Aug 01, 2016
I am a potential snail farmer pls add me to the group my is 00447930168380
Re: Snail Farm Begins - The Birth Of A Farm by Georgville(m): 12:28pm On Aug 01, 2016
Please add me to the group. Started my snail farm last week. 08068946179. Thanks.
Re: Snail Farm Begins - The Birth Of A Farm by falconey(m): 12:38pm On Aug 01, 2016
Neduzze5:

Happy new month and a lovely day to you

Here is the link to vote

https://www.nairaland.com/3261218/mr-nairaland-contest-2016-elimination

And pls do remember our voting pattern is ; I vote falconey Cc NLJega

Thank u so much as you cast your votes!!!!!

TEAMFALCONEY
Re: Snail Farm Begins - The Birth Of A Farm by falconey(m): 12:39pm On Aug 01, 2016
cool318:
Never knew Snails have Di*k until i caught these two lovers. Take a look

Here is the link to vote

TEAMFALCONEY
Re: Snail Farm Begins - The Birth Of A Farm by falconey(m): 12:40pm On Aug 01, 2016
oluwabamis:
I'm interested, kindly add my number, 08179069277. Thanks.

Here is the link to vote dear

TEAMFALCONEY
Re: Snail Farm Begins - The Birth Of A Farm by dandylass: 2:06pm On Aug 13, 2016
Add 08036292779
Re: Snail Farm Begins - The Birth Of A Farm by Cheersman(m): 1:27pm On Aug 14, 2016
RichYoungRuler:

Hi, you stack tyres on each other say 3 or 4. U put a net on the one before the topmost to prevent a jailbreak. U would have put some soil in the last one beneath. Can send a picture when I'm less busy. Hope U understand though?
Having a shade is not a bad idea but the tires provide a shade with the snails staying in the inner parts of the tyres. The stack also provide shades for them.
Please it's very true you can farm snails anywhere but you really need to know the technicalities to be able to do anything to still be on course. That tire will provide shade is* not really true sirs. *Listen to me, *never use tires* except it's under shade. Tire is black and black is a great absorber of heat. And that will make the inside too hot for convenience for snails to be productive and may heightened mortality, if touched by direct sunlight. Now technically speaking, best temperature for snail jolliment is between 25 - 28 degrees Celsius. Go put your thermometer in the one you place in the Sun and you will be reading 35-and above. *A killer temperature!*
Well the devastating thing is the rapid temperature fluctuations that occurs when that happens. So be careful sirs and tread with caution. Happy Snailing!

1 Like

Re: Snail Farm Begins - The Birth Of A Farm by pitchez: 10:41pm On Aug 15, 2016
Discount sales on our natural and well formulated SNAIL feed!!!

-Guaranteed healthy and speedy growth
-Strong shell formation
-Promotes egg production.

10kg- #1,950
25Kg - #4,350
50kg - #8,150

Alpho Ventures (WA) Ltd.,
Dollar Pool House, Lemomu Street, Off Salvation Army Road, Ekotedo, Ibadan, Oyo State.

Whatsapp/Call: +2348032804500

Discount sales valid till 30th August, 2016.

Re: Snail Farm Begins - The Birth Of A Farm by oputaco(m): 1:37am On Aug 16, 2016
Neduzze5:
N200 could be seen as high but it is also moderate, however, its a function of many factors, like size, species, source, condition, pedigree, etc

Wow.... If it's 200 NGN each, then how many could you possibly buy? I'm equally in Port Harcourt. Where precisely are you?
Re: Snail Farm Begins - The Birth Of A Farm by oputaco(m): 1:38am On Aug 16, 2016
N200 could be seen as high but it is also moderate, however, its a function of many factors, like size, species, source, condition, pedigree, etc

Wow.... If it's 200 NGN each, then how many could you possibly buy? I'm equally in Port Harcourt. Where precisely are you?[/quote]
Re: Snail Farm Begins - The Birth Of A Farm by afangide(m): 9:27am On Aug 16, 2016
08060317167 add me to the WhatsApp group
Re: Snail Farm Begins - The Birth Of A Farm by Jswart: 9:44am On Aug 17, 2016
yazz09:

no you don't need to put any plastic. as a matter of fact they enjoy scrapping the concrete wall as they gain extra calcium from it.

just leave the way it is and mks sure it's well covered and well ventilated.

Hi I'm in PH how can I reach you. I started small backyard farming. I want to get Broodstock to start proper farming my email is jswart_ng@yahoo.com
Re: Snail Farm Begins - The Birth Of A Farm by omo17(m): 2:37pm On Aug 17, 2016
mansionhans:
@ Urbangrow,
Sorry about your bad experience but I can tell you that all hope is not yet lost.
I noticed some things that are not Ok with ur snail farm, which if corrected will set you on a growth path.
I started my snail farm last year November with just 10 snails, presently I have over 300 snails and I was forced to expand the pens last month.
If you can drop your phone number or other contact, I will get across to you to give you some tips.

Good day sir, pls wat type of breed is ur snail nd where did you get it from. Tanks
Re: Snail Farm Begins - The Birth Of A Farm by Cheersman(m): 7:12am On Aug 21, 2016
roolnaado:
From what you said, too much of light (provide cover dried leaves) and lack of nutrient (especially calcium). If from the start it's like that, then you must have brought in stressed snails as breeding stock. All the best. Lets hear how it goes.

1 Like

Re: Snail Farm Begins - The Birth Of A Farm by kemioo77(f): 2:25pm On Aug 21, 2016
yazz09:
Guys I promised you a picture of the feed, well here it is. Freshly mixed from the kitchen.
pls the food is made up of what? I mean what are the food components...
Re: Snail Farm Begins - The Birth Of A Farm by goddek: 1:11pm On Aug 24, 2016
helo guys good day. pls guys am new and want to more about snail and fish farming.
pls can any one help to educate me on how to start?
Re: Snail Farm Begins - The Birth Of A Farm by Aremolekunowo(m): 9:37pm On Aug 28, 2016
Pls add me to snail farming wasapp 08025863159 am interested
Re: Snail Farm Begins - The Birth Of A Farm by aluko360(m): 6:49am On Aug 29, 2016
Kindly add me to the group 0n whatsapp

Thanks
Re: Snail Farm Begins - The Birth Of A Farm by 00Chymes00: 3:30pm On Aug 29, 2016
yazz09:

Sorry this came late. Permission denied.. .....

Lolzz, I love sharing information. So anybody in that same school of thought is much welcome here.

Carry on bro

Dude I thought you were into poultry egg distribution. You done with that or you doing both?
Re: Snail Farm Begins - The Birth Of A Farm by yazz09(m): 6:31pm On Aug 29, 2016
00Chymes00:

Dude I thought you were into poultry egg distribution. You done with that or you doing both?

more of poultry egg now.
Re: Snail Farm Begins - The Birth Of A Farm by fullz: 8:38am On Sep 06, 2016
oputaco:

Wow.... If it's 200 NGN each, then how many could you possibly buy? I'm equally in Port Harcourt. Where precisely are you?

I'll be visiting ph soon. Sani Abacha Road. would like to see your farm and ask questions.
Re: Snail Farm Begins - The Birth Of A Farm by Jydooosa(m): 9:14pm On Sep 17, 2016
Do you intend to go into Snail farming?
Are you an existing Snail Breeders and need affordable fortified Kola-testa, Pkc plus other 15 components for your Snails?
Do you want to learn how to source for Loamy soil and soil treatment?
Do you want to join our Whatsapp forum for commercial snail breeders
Or would like to vist our farm to see firsthand thousands of snails?
Don't look further.
Do you need Point of Lay Snails? Mature Snails? Eggs and Hatchlings?
JIFF SNAIL FARMS is the solution.
Visit our farm at Ruga Market before State House off Maraba Area, Abuja
Call or Whatsapp group 08066444488
Re: Snail Farm Begins - The Birth Of A Farm by koloyewo: 12:22am On Sep 18, 2016
for supply of fresh live catfish at affordable prices please kindly visit www.koloyewofarms.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Why Can't Apples Grow In Nigeria? / My New Tomatoes Farm / Meet My Turkey Mums & Chicks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.