Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,862 members, 7,817,544 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:07 PM

Sistas, Why Are Some Of Us Too Angry Even In The Public? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Sistas, Why Are Some Of Us Too Angry Even In The Public? (22943 Views)

I Feel so Angry With My Husband. Help! / Do Some Sistas Force Their Men Into Rituals For Money? / Single Sistas: 7 Lies You Must Stop Telling Yourselves In 2016. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sistas, Why Are Some Of Us Too Angry Even In The Public? by Woged2005(f): 6:11pm On Jun 27, 2015
Some Nigerian women abroad are practical disgrace to our country and to motherhood. I was in a mall few hours ago watching a very shameful display of public disgrace by a Nigerian woman (in her late 30s or so) arguing with her husband right in the line at the register..screaming and calling him unprintable degrading names. The woman obviously looks like she is the bread-winner (but I don't know) I wished I didn't greet them earlier so people wouldn't know we came from the same county. I must say the man is a cultured gentleman who stopped talking once his wife's voice went up. He even left the line and walked back and the lady kept screaming and calling her husband names, narrating to thin air things people don't need to know... and at some point screamed "..you will force me to divorce your azzzz..." wo! wo!! wo!! embarassed The most appalling is that their little kids are their watching. Can't this type of argument wait till you get home? I walked away in shame.

Please my sistas we are not the only ones that came to America and met 'Freedom' and 'rights' but the way some of us misuse it is shocking. Indians, and Chinese saw the same freedom too but use it to build 'empires'. Let's start showing some family values. You men, please be careful the type of women you marry and bring abroad. All this una one month Facebook friendship and arrangee hookup without proper dating and courtship is your undoing. Look beyond physical looks and appearances.

Hi-Fives tor all those naija sistas out there doing us proud, and representing good family values we are known for. God bless ya sistas!!!

33 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Sistas, Why Are Some Of Us Too Angry Even In The Public? by edwife(f): 6:18pm On Jun 27, 2015
What can I say....

It is called modernisation... grin
Re: Sistas, Why Are Some Of Us Too Angry Even In The Public? by Woged2005(f): 6:23pm On Jun 27, 2015
edwife:
What can I say....

Chei, sista mi...I taya. I think the man was objecting to something she wanted to buy and told the cashier not to ring it up, and all hell let loose and all demons left the gates of hell and raced down into the woman grin grin grin grin grin What can cause this type of uncontrollable Anger? She's my fellow Igbo sister ooooo known for our high education. She didn't show it at all.

2 Likes

Re: Sistas, Why Are Some Of Us Too Angry Even In The Public? by taryour(f): 6:26pm On Jun 27, 2015
Woged2005:
Some Nigerian women abroad are practical disgrace to our country and to motherhood. I was in a mall few hours ago watching a very shameful display of public disgrace by a Nigerian woman (in her late 30s or so) arguing with her husband right in the line at the register..screaming and calling him unprintable degrading names. The woman obviously looks like she is the bread-winner (but I don't know) I wished I didn't greet them earlier so people wouldn't know we came from the same county. I must say the man is a cultured gentleman who stopped talking once his wife's voice went up. He even left the line and walked back and the lady kept screaming and calling her husband names, narrating to thin air things people don't need to know... and at some point screamed "..you will force me to divorce your azzzz..." wo! wo!! wo!! embarassed The most appalling is that their little kids are their watching. Can't this type of argument wait till you get home? I walked away in shame.

Please my sistas we are not the only ones that came to America and met 'Freedom' and 'rights' but the way some of us misuse it is shocking. Indians, and Chinese saw the same freedom too but use it to build 'empires'. Let's start showing some family values. You men, please be careful the type of women you marry and bring abroad. All this una one month Facebook friendship and arrangee hookup without proper dating and courtship is your undoing. Look beyond physical looks and appearances.

Hi-Fives tor all those naija sistas out there doing us proud, and representing good family values we are known for. God bless ya sistas!!!

it Is well. Good luck to her. She has only ended up adding more award to her shameless attitude. no wahala she will pass It on to her kids.
Re: Sistas, Why Are Some Of Us Too Angry Even In The Public? by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jun 27, 2015
everyone argues. You don't know their story, you don't know why she was angry. Besides, she is alone is not all the Nigerian women abroad. just because you saw one woman doing it doesn't mean they all do it. unless you have seen like 100 different cases since you arrived

17 Likes

Re: Sistas, Why Are Some Of Us Too Angry Even In The Public? by thorpido(m): 6:31pm On Jun 27, 2015
Men should avoid marrying omo alatas.
I guess the people who might experience this the most are those who come home to pick wives.She should have at least shown some decorum being in public and having the children there.
Re: Sistas, Why Are Some Of Us Too Angry Even In The Public? by Woged2005(f): 6:32pm On Jun 27, 2015
feran14:
everyone argues. You don't know their story, you don't know why she was angry. Besides, she is alone is not all the Nigerian women abroad. just because you saw one woman doing it doesn't mean they all do it. unless you have seen like 100 different cases since you arrived

Hmmmm! I didn't say all. I said 'Some' even on the heading. Hope you read it before comment.

12 Likes

Re: Sistas, Why Are Some Of Us Too Angry Even In The Public? by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jun 27, 2015
Woged2005:

Hmmmm! I didn't say all. I said 'Some' even on the heading. Hope you read it before comment.

Neh... not ur topic.. and ur a woman... shouldn't u be in the best position to answer ?

2 Likes

Re: Sistas, Why Are Some Of Us Too Angry Even In The Public? by Ewuro4: 6:35pm On Jun 27, 2015
edwife:
What can I say....

Hehe grin grin

What my eyes have seen in this obodo oyinbo land my mouth/hand no fit talk/type am.

2 Likes

Re: Sistas, Why Are Some Of Us Too Angry Even In The Public? by edwife(f): 6:38pm On Jun 27, 2015
Ewuro4:

Hehe grin grin

What my eyes have seen in this obodo oyinbo land my mouth/hand no fit talk/type am.

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

It is well.
Re: Sistas, Why Are Some Of Us Too Angry Even In The Public? by dinachi(m): 6:40pm On Jun 27, 2015
Woged2005:

The man should do the needful and offload the beast immediately! That is why I think the anti-men laws in those countries need to be reviewed. If the tide was turned and it was the man shouting on her you will see all manners of reactions pouring in. All manner of fat squaty ugly women will enter the fracas to explain to the man that he is not a real man for shouting on a woman!
That man is living on a suspended divorce sentence. He should act fast and divorce that trash before his life gets messed up.
Men are indeed suffering. Evil women everywhere.

13 Likes

Re: Sistas, Why Are Some Of Us Too Angry Even In The Public? by coogaluta(f): 6:40pm On Jun 27, 2015
Ewuro4:

Hehe grin grin

biko, gist us small na cheesy
Re: Sistas, Why Are Some Of Us Too Angry Even In The Public? by edwife(f): 6:45pm On Jun 27, 2015
dinachi:

The man should do the needful and offload the beast immediately! That is why I think the anti-men laws in those countries need to be reviewed. If the tide was turned and it was the man shouting on her you will see all manners of reactions pouring in. All manner of fat squaty ugly women will enter the fracas to explain to the man that he is not a real man for shouting on a woman!
That man is living on a suspended divorce sentence. He should act fast and divorce that trash before his life gets messed up.

7 Likes

Re: Sistas, Why Are Some Of Us Too Angry Even In The Public? by Ewuro4: 6:45pm On Jun 27, 2015
@OP in as much as I dont champion that wife's behaviour, you still don't know their story.

That said, Sometimes I blame these men , yes men and mostly see it as karma. After jumping from Titi to Marcy pants wasting these ladies precious times. they then fly home and marry one opeke stranger they know little about to flaunt here. The moment those start to show them real pepper, we start to pity them.

He laid his bed, he should get a cozy comforter and sleep on it.

7 Likes

Re: Sistas, Why Are Some Of Us Too Angry Even In The Public? by Ewuro4: 6:52pm On Jun 27, 2015
coogaluta:

biko, gist us small na cheesy

Too many my dear, as I'm now deemed a member of community elders association during family fracas resolution grin

where do I start?
Re: Sistas, Why Are Some Of Us Too Angry Even In The Public? by Ewuro4: 6:53pm On Jun 27, 2015
edwife:

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

It is well.

Amen cheesy
Re: Sistas, Why Are Some Of Us Too Angry Even In The Public? by dinachi(m): 6:54pm On Jun 27, 2015
Ewuro4:
mostly see it as karma. After jumping from Titi to Marcy pants wasting these ladies precious times.

This is where you lost me! If Karma is really working all these girls of nowadays who sleep with married men how their family go be now?
So all these women who jump from Okon to Idongesit to olusola boxers go don kpeme eh kwa?
What of women who waste men's precious time and eventually dump them?

Why can't you for once in your life condemn evil when you see it!

15 Likes

Re: Sistas, Why Are Some Of Us Too Angry Even In The Public? by Yustash001(m): 6:58pm On Jun 27, 2015
The woman has turned her husband to what we call ''Gbewudani''...
Re: Sistas, Why Are Some Of Us Too Angry Even In The Public? by Ewuro4: 7:00pm On Jun 27, 2015
dinachi:

This is where you lost me! If Karma is really working all these girls of nowadays who sleep with married men how their family go be now?
So all these women who jump from Okon to Idongesit to olusola boxers go don kpeme eh kwa?
What of women who waste men's precious time and eventually dump them?

Why can't you for once in your life condemn evil when you see it!

Dinachi , Let's stick to the context which is OP's story: 'Woman publicly disgraced her husband in grocery store'

and least not forget that was my opinion which doesn't necessary have to fly with others here.

4 Likes

Re: Sistas, Why Are Some Of Us Too Angry Even In The Public? by babygirlfl: 7:03pm On Jun 27, 2015
Woged2005:

I understand exactly what you are saying as I have witnessed a few of this scenario. It's always shameful.

This behaviour is also very common in Nigeria (maybe even more common there) so I do not think it has anything to do with rights and freedom. This is just a case of few people carrying their behaviour from Nigeria to whatever country they live in abroad. The Indians and Chinese are generally not like that in their country too so it is only expected that they will not exhibit such behaviour abroad.

10 Likes

Re: Sistas, Why Are Some Of Us Too Angry Even In The Public? by coogaluta(f): 7:09pm On Jun 27, 2015
babygirlfl:

I understand exactly what you are saying as I have witnessed a few of this scenario. It's always shameful.

This behaviour is also very common in Nigeria (maybe even more common there) so I do not think it has anything to do with rights and freedom. This is just a case of few people carrying their behaviour from Nigeria to whatever country they live in abroad. The Indians and Chinese are generally not like that in their country too so it is only expected that they will not exhibit such behaviour abroad.

You don reash India and China before? undecided

5 Likes

Re: Sistas, Why Are Some Of Us Too Angry Even In The Public? by babygirlfl: 7:12pm On Jun 27, 2015
coogaluta:

You don reash India and China before? undecided

Lol
Re: Sistas, Why Are Some Of Us Too Angry Even In The Public? by Ewuro4: 7:21pm On Jun 27, 2015
dinachi:

Not that easy. Breathe Dinachi don't kill yourself over irredeemable situations , abroad is the most beautiful place anyone can express their freedom without getting shait for it. This place is soo free sometimes I get scared.

In this case, it's clear both party have their perks to gain from this hellhole. Else what's stopping them? undecided

Grocery store is the best place to get away from any hellhole/hostage you're in. Just walk to other shopper to save your life. Those 3 words will trigger an immidiate store lockdown alert grin
Re: Sistas, Why Are Some Of Us Too Angry Even In The Public? by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jun 27, 2015
What's there? Common shouting. Do we know what this man did for his wife to go ballistic on him? Please, let's not judge people unfairly.

2 Likes

Re: Sistas, Why Are Some Of Us Too Angry Even In The Public? by edwife(f): 7:36pm On Jun 27, 2015
Timbuktou:
What's there? Common shouting. Do we know what this man did for his wife to go ballistic on him? Please, let's not judge people unfairly.

Checks his temperature,don't tell me you smoke the SK 5min gave you? shocked shocked

This not about what the man has done or not.Tim there are things that are no no in life,especially between husband and wife.

You can't yell/shout/name calling your spouse in public.Simple notion of etiquette here,no matter the magnitude of the problem,what happened to going home?For pete's sake,kids were around!

***Never wash your dirty linen in public****

5 Likes

Re: Sistas, Why Are Some Of Us Too Angry Even In The Public? by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jun 27, 2015
edwife:

Checks his temperature,don't tell me you smoke the SK 5min gave you? shocked shocked

This not about what the man has done or not.Tim there are things that are no no in life,especially between husband and wife.

You can't yell/shout/name calling your spouse in public.Simple notion of etiquette here,no matter the magnitude of the problem,what happened to going home?For pete's sake,kids were around!

***Never wash your dirty linen in public****

You see yasef? I wrote in italics, signifying sarcasm. I'm sure someone's going to tender that as a valid argument, so why not get it out there and tackle it quick? wink

However, I agree with your opinion, she coulda shown more class. Alas, that's the level of her persona. If she knew better, she'd have done better.
Re: Sistas, Why Are Some Of Us Too Angry Even In The Public? by edwife(f): 8:39pm On Jun 27, 2015
Timbuktou:

You see yasef? I wrote in italics, signifying sarcasm. I'm sure someone's going to tender that as a valid argument, so why not get it out there and tackle it quick? wink

However, I agree with your opinion, she coulda shown more class. Alas, that's the level of her persona. If she knew better, she'd have done better.

Lol,you got me there you naughty Tim.... cheesy
Re: Sistas, Why Are Some Of Us Too Angry Even In The Public? by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jun 27, 2015
edwife:

Lol,you got me there you naughty Tim.... cheesy

You're getting old, Eddy. tongue
Re: Sistas, Why Are Some Of Us Too Angry Even In The Public? by coogar: 9:34pm On Jun 27, 2015
Woged2005:

Hi-Fives for all those naija sistas out there doing us proud, and representing good family values we are known for. God bless ya sistas!!!

unfortunately, the naija sistas doing you proud are in the minority. you only need to read some of the ridiculous things women write on this section to know there are plenty of rabid dogs posing as women both at home & abroad!

6 Likes

Re: Sistas, Why Are Some Of Us Too Angry Even In The Public? by edwife(f): 9:42pm On Jun 27, 2015
Timbuktou:

You're getting old, Eddy. tongue

i don't look old -do i? cheesy

Besides i got good genes,my parents are both super fit. tongue
Re: Sistas, Why Are Some Of Us Too Angry Even In The Public? by dangotesmummy: 9:45pm On Jun 27, 2015
Woged the judge Kontinu judging. Which one consain you with husband and wife matter. If e pepper you for body why you no tell the woman wey dey shout things you're typing here. You sef you get for body. You no go face wetin you wan buy and leave there Mrs gbeborun busy body somebody

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sistas, Why Are Some Of Us Too Angry Even In The Public? by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jun 27, 2015
edwife:

i don't look old -do i? cheesy

Besides i got good genes,my parents are both super fit. tongue

I really don@t know what you look like. But you sound 47ish. tongue

Well, I need to attach myself to those good genes somehow, then. wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Are Introverts Born Or Made? / Woman Gives Birth To Triplets After 17 Years Of Marriage (Photos) / Are You Sending Your Housemaids To School?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.