Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,287 members, 7,811,856 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:31 PM

I Gave My Kid A Slap - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Gave My Kid A Slap (2367 Views)

I Gave My Wife Money For Abortion / She Left Me After My Effort With My Kid / Do Wives Deserve A Slap Or Two To Caution Them? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Gave My Kid A Slap by okwanuzo3(f): 7:39pm On Sep 29, 2006
///////
Re: I Gave My Kid A Slap by anabell(f): 2:06am On Apr 24, 2007
my mum use to beat me up when i was very little when i do sometin wrong, but guess what ?am so glad she did, cus it made me very responsible, mamaput, ur child reminds me of myself when i was very young i thank GOD 4 my mum cos i would have turned out to be a big nag and a spoit brat.Sometimes spankin ur kid is good cos it knocks some sense into their head.Iwas a real pain while i was growin up and GOD nos talkin to woulld have not helped me one bit.
Re: I Gave My Kid A Slap by Jaguar1(m): 2:38pm On Apr 24, 2007
@all, I quite can't understand the rambling about slapping one's child. If u were never beaten by ur parents then I would imagine that u are not Nigerian whether here or in diaspora. Even the Bible says that; "foolishiness is bound in the heart of a child but the rod of correction DRIVES it far".
@mamaput, well done for making her see in black and white. What else should you do when ur kid becomes a pain other than to instill sanity anyway you can.
@ seun, I wonder where u are coming from. You are not yet over there, yet your reasoning is very much overboard. I believe when you become a parent you will see better reason to slap, knock, or even spank a child.
I wonder where most of us would be today were it not for those slaps, cane etc.
Mamaput, you are the boss, you donot owe your kid any appology in that regard. Keep being the loving mum that u are.
Re: I Gave My Kid A Slap by Vieira(m): 4:05pm On Apr 27, 2007
Never hit your child out of anger or frustation.

That is the line we must not cross and it is easy to do.

When I am angry with my son I will try and use other punishments.

I only smack him when I am not angry.

A slap is indication that you have lost control.

Take am easy, it is hard to raise a kid but that is why we are adults.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Father Kills 3 Months Old Baby Through MouthAction…gets 2 Life Sentences / Choristers Fighting Over Choirmaster Cut Each Other With Blade (picture) / When Is It Okay To Use 'juju' On Your Hubby/boyfie/?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.