Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,679 members, 7,809,574 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:28 AM

What's On Your Mind? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What's On Your Mind? (2466 Views)

14 Interesting Facts About Sperm That Will Blow Up Your Mind / The Shape Of These Ancient Trees Will Blow Your Mind - Photo / How Dirty Is Your Mind?[■■■PHOTO■■■] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's On Your Mind? by Jetjacky(m): 12:55am On Jun 28, 2015
Its weary mate. Like I say we leave to die, one might say, why? Why all this? Why continue this aimless circle for a peace that is not attainable. Yet I believe one can decide the way he wish to die. Point being, yes man is a being that is restless, with an aim to obtain peace and supremacy, but can't peace be gained without an edge of a sword, can't supremacy be gained through mental skill and not the fist. Man can go against its nature and in so doing find peace in things he once neglected
Freemanan:

Come out of that Utopia Mate...
Society is bound to evolve no matter what and in that process there must be clashes for survival, hence war and chaos.... State of nature becomes evident and the real nature of man comes out.
Peace is gotten through war and war Only ends when another war begins....

You see the circle Mate? It is aimless and void at last.
Re: What's On Your Mind? by Nobody: 12:56am On Jun 28, 2015
NoMoreTrolling:

True words, religion has passed through a lot of interpretations. It's just like passing a message to a friend via a whisper and that friend passes on the message to the next person and the next person to the next person and so on. By the time that message(e.g "who am I"wink gets to the 1,000,000 person via the same means of a whisper, it may have changed to "who are we". So one must test the message for meaning and discard it, if it has truly become meaningless and completely inapplicable.

So also with religion, one must "examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good."

Dude, truth is, you can define meaning to life in secular terms, like goals for 10 years, 20 years... but at some point, I bet that in itself, would become meaningless to you as mans appetite is insatiable.

I have experienced God first hand, that's why you may perceive my writing as didactic.

I can only hope you find a deeper meaning to life as well, cause if not, all we are left with is chasing shadows. Goodluck!

Chasing shadows really Mate...
I guess We will improvise... Life will go on
Re: What's On Your Mind? by joshuamoses101(m): 12:56am On Jun 28, 2015
sinaj:

i hope u not stalking me coz u might get hurt sad
Re: What's On Your Mind? by Nobody: 12:59am On Jun 28, 2015
Jetjacky:
Its weary mate. Like I say we leave to die, one might say, why? Why all this? Why continue this aimless circle for a peace that is not attainable. Yet I believe one can decide the way he wish to die. Point being, yes man is a being that is restless, with an aim to obtain peace and supremacy, but can't peace be gained without an edge of a sword, can't supremacy be gained through mental skill and not the fist. Man can go against its nature and in so doing find peace in things he once neglected
The universe is not as gentle as you perceive it Mate...
Supremacy and Peace cannot come without ruffling feathers.... It's you against other elements...
Re: What's On Your Mind? by NoMoreTrolling: 1:00am On Jun 28, 2015
Jetjacky:
This is true. Sometimes I look to the sky with a question on my lips, is this all there is to life? No fun without heart ache, to live to die, to strife to be something, which is eventually nothing at the end. Noffing is everlasting and tangible in ones heart. Even the lust come and go, friendship, love, praises, archievements. Nothing last forever. Even the joy we so dearly yearned for is a little taste at the end of the day. Nothingness like freeman has said is all we have. I call mine solitude, the moment when I'm in the mix of all but in the mix of non. Is like one who has everything and yet nothing. All alone with nothing to hold unto.

Just like you I have to admit that back then when the Bible were my friend I hardly fall into this starless night, where all I have to keep me company is my thoughts and lonliness

The transient nature of life is really scary if based on shaky foundation.

I still remember my favourite lyrics from Casting Crowns:

"I am a flower quickly fading,

Here today and gone tomorrow,

A wave tossed in the ocean,

A vapor in the wind"

I feel you on the bible talk though, but you and I know how hard it is men, what with girls everywhere, lol. Still, it's sober reflections such as these that make us remember what the ultimate goal should be and hopefully dust off those bibles, hehe grin

1 Like

Re: What's On Your Mind? by Jetjacky(m): 1:07am On Jun 28, 2015
You stand on a right footing mate. But when ones essence to happiness is involved, can't a feather be ruffled without lifting a finger? Cant a tree be hewn down without you being a hand to the axe? Yet while on that, Can't peace be derived from things of no matter along the way? Just to make life meaningful to leave again.
Freemanan:

The universe is not as gentle as you perceive it Mate...
Supremacy and Peace cannot come without ruffling feathers.... It's you against other elements...
Re: What's On Your Mind? by Nobody: 1:10am On Jun 28, 2015
Jetjacky:
You stand on a right footing mate. But when ones essence to happiness is involved, can't a feather be ruffled without lifting a finger? Cant a tree be hewn down without you being a hand to the axe? Yet while on that, Can't peace be derived from things of no matter along the way? Just to make life meaningful to leave again.
We may decide not to look at the dirtiness of existence but it is there....
Your signature gives me the shivers, in other news.
Re: What's On Your Mind? by Nobody: 1:13am On Jun 28, 2015
sandrannna:
Here is the thread to pour out what is on your mind.

What's on my mind? M thinking about it while I'm thinking about mine, drop yours.
your pix actually
Re: What's On Your Mind? by Jetjacky(m): 1:17am On Jun 28, 2015
I truelly understand you mate, this same issue has cost myself a derail in the things of the scripture: the piece missing in the life of man that makes it all complete.

The mistake most people make when they engage in the matters of the spiritual when looking from the angle of the bible is looking with the physical eye. They're not ready to accept the concept of the spiritual, they're accustomed to holding on right, too tight to let go. And by so doing they forget that in the matters of the spiritual, when it comes to the thinhs of the Lord, letting yourself go and delve further into it is the only way to find that peace we all soley seek.

The women folds are a disease that devours the heart, one that can't be entirely cured. It is left for man to choose how to leave his life. Though they're a necessity, is it worthy to let them rule your life, so much so that you lose sight of the true happiness that comes from the abolition of oneself to be approved to pertake in the peace and wholeness from the spiritual
NoMoreTrolling:

The transient nature of life is really scary if based on shaky foundation.

I still remember my favourite lyrics from Casting Crowns:

"I am a flower quickly fading,

Here today and gone tomorrow,

A wave tossed in the ocean,

A vapor in the wind"

I feel you on the bible talk though, but you and I know how hard it is men, what with girls everywhere, lol. Still, it's sober reflections such as these that make us remember what the ultimate goal should be and hopefully dust off those bibles, hehe grin

1 Like

Re: What's On Your Mind? by Jetjacky(m): 1:32am On Jun 28, 2015
But if we decide, do we get that peace? Even if its for a brie moment before our feathers are ruffled? If we do, is it not worth it? Is it not the hope to find peace the reason man pick up a sword?

I strongly believe peace can be gained in everything and every time, its all in the way man chose to see his reality, its all in the way man choose to face it. You can fall many times with a smile and still get up, or you can fall with a frown and think its not worth getting up

How does it make you shiver? Though funny, you're the first to comment on it. I'm curious, enlighten me.
Freemanan:

We may decide not to look at the dirtiness of existence but it is there....
Your signature gives me the shivers, in other news.
Re: What's On Your Mind? by NoMoreTrolling: 1:53am On Jun 28, 2015
Jetjacky:
I truelly understand you mate, this same issue has cost myself a derail in the things of the scripture: the piece missing in the life of man that makes it all complete.

The mistake most people make when they engage in the matters of the spiritual when looking from the angle of the bible is looking with the physical eye. They're not ready to accept the concept of the spiritual, they're accustomed to holding on right, too tight to let go. And by so doing they forget that in the matters of the spiritual, when it comes to the thinhs of the Lord, letting yourself go and delve further into it is the only way to find that peace we all soley seek.

The women folds are a disease that devours the heart, one that can't be entirely cured. It is left for man to choose how to leave his life. Though they're a necessity, is it worthy to let them rule your life, so much so that you lose sight of the true happiness that comes from the abolition of oneself to be approved to pertake in the peace and wholeness from the spiritual

Men, I am so soaking up all this advice.

Obviously, we should enjoy our lives and leave our marks, but as you said, we should be able to let go so we can partake in peace that comes from the spiritual. Letting go of addictions is soo hard though, but with it comes peace, like choosing to study instead of procrastinating and later experiencing the joy that comes from acing your test.

Thanks to all you guys for contributions on this thread. It's always nice to be steered straight after one has completely veered off track.

1 Like

Re: What's On Your Mind? by Jetjacky(m): 2:03am On Jun 28, 2015
Its a pleasure mate, I must say I also have found these thread a stroke of luck. Its great to have great minds like yours and Freeman's, who can think abstract from the way man is used to thinking, who can see the spot in the white.

It's been long I met philosophers, or people that thinks in the same similitude
NoMoreTrolling:

Men, I am so soaking up all this advice.

Obviously, we should enjoy our lives and leave our marks, but as you said, we should be able to let go so we can partake in peace that comes from the spiritual. Letting go of addictions is soo hard though, but with it comes peace, like choosing to study instead of procrastinating and later experiencing the joy that comes from acing your test.

Thanks to all you guys for contributions on this thread. It's always nice to be steered straight after one has completely veered off track.

1 Like

Re: What's On Your Mind? by Nobody: 2:06am On Jun 28, 2015
Jetjacky:
Its a pleasure mate, I must say I also have found these thread a stroke of luck. Its great to have great minds like yours and Freeman's, who can think abstract from the way man is used to thinking, who can see the spot in the white.

It's been long I met philosophers, or people that thinks in the same similitude
Honored....

1 Like

Re: What's On Your Mind? by Nobody: 2:08am On Jun 28, 2015
Jetjacky:
But if we decide, do we get that peace? Even if its for a brie moment before our feathers are ruffled? If we do, is it not worth it? Is it not the hope to find peace the reason man pick up a sword?

I strongly believe peace can be gained in everything and every time, its all in the way man chose to see his reality, its all in the way man choose to face it. You can fall many times with a smile and still get up, or you can fall with a frown and think its not worth getting up

How does it make you shiver? Though funny, you're the first to comment on it. I'm curious, enlighten me.
I mean the part of your signature that makes me wanna follow you ASAP lest I become separate entities with my head. grin

1 Like

Re: What's On Your Mind? by Jetjacky(m): 5:35am On Jun 28, 2015
Lol Na so Na lol. Follow or suffer heart attack lol grin cheesy
Freemanan:

I mean the part of your signature that makes me wanna follow you ASAP lest I become separate entities with my head. grin
Re: What's On Your Mind? by Nobody: 8:22am On Jun 28, 2015
Jetjacky:
Lol Na so Na lol. Follow or suffer heart attack lol grin cheesy
Followed sir...

1 Like

Re: What's On Your Mind? by Jetjacky(m): 8:26am On Jun 28, 2015
Lol. Confirm cool
Freemanan:

Followed sir...
thanks though, you've been a great friend in a short while
Re: What's On Your Mind? by Nobody: 8:33am On Jun 28, 2015
Jetjacky:
Lol. Confirm cool thanks though, you've been a great friend in a short while
It takes two to tangle Mate....
Happy Sunday

1 Like

Re: What's On Your Mind? by Jetjacky(m): 11:04am On Jun 28, 2015
Same oh, i hope you go church? I hear say patheis believe in G O D. So....?
Freemanan:

It takes two to tangle Mate....
Happy Sunday
Re: What's On Your Mind? by starlingbawa(m): 11:08am On Jun 28, 2015
Been angry and upset for a couple of days now. I'm angry still!

1 Like

Re: What's On Your Mind? by Nobody: 11:52am On Jun 28, 2015
Jetjacky:
Same oh, i hope you go church? I hear say patheis believe in G O D. So....?
Didn't... my church is far away and it's raining in Yenagoa like mad...

1 Like

Re: What's On Your Mind? by Nobody: 11:53am On Jun 28, 2015
starlingbawa:
Been angry and upset for a couple of days now. I'm angry still!
Giving you chance...
Re: What's On Your Mind? by Jetjacky(m): 12:10pm On Jun 28, 2015
Lol, it rained here too, but peeps still go undecided
Freemanan:

Didn't... my church is far away and it's raining in Yenagoa like mad...
Re: What's On Your Mind? by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jun 28, 2015
Jetjacky:
Lol, it rained here too, but peeps still go undecided
You know someone like me only goto church when it is convenient nau... grin
Re: What's On Your Mind? by Jetjacky(m): 12:17pm On Jun 28, 2015
grin grin but baba at the top is watching lol
Freemanan:

You know someone like me only goto church when it is convenient nau... grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Too Much Sex.. / Snapshot-when You Can't See Where The Relationship Is Going... / #throwbaq: "Ladies: Would You Marry A Younger Man?" By Seun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.