Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,903 members, 7,821,143 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:54 AM

The Bible Is The Most Contradicting And Confusing Book Ever. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Bible Is The Most Contradicting And Confusing Book Ever. (3903 Views)

According To The Bible Is There Any Difference Between Divorce And Separation? / King James Version Of The Bible Is For Homosexuals And Rastafarians–ghanaian Rev / Top 7 Most Contradicting Verses In The Bible. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Bible Is The Most Contradicting And Confusing Book Ever. by malvisguy212: 4:16pm On Jun 28, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Mtshew. keep fighting it, sho gbo?

[b] What would you have said if not your ignorant conclusion up here? Well, that's the definition of stiffnecked gainsayer that you are. I won't bother myself by engaging with you, because I know its a futile mission.

Bon voyage.
to your door step:

Surah 5:Verse 116, And behold!
Allah will say: O Jesus the son of Mary!
Didst thou say unto men, "WORSHIP ME
AND MY MOTHER as gods in derogation
of Allah?" He (Jesus) will say, [ a ]"Glory
to thee! Never could I say what I had
no right (to say)... [ b ] (Jesus speaks)
Thou knowest what is in my heart
though I know not what is in thine..."
Verse 118, (Regarding how God should
deal with Christians, Jesus is supposed to
have said) [ c ] "If thou dost punish
them, they are thy servants: If thou
dost forgive them, thou art the exalted
in power and wise."
Jesus NEVER FOR ONCE told anyone to
worship Mary, nor did the early church
do so. Not even peter when Jesus say on
the cross "behold thy mother" make
reference to Mary in his epistle in
regards to worshiping Mary infacte, Paul,
James ,Timothy, and the rest apostles do
not even made mention of Mary in there
epistles, where do muhammed get the
idea that christians worship Mary ?
And in surah 5:118. It says:
"If thou dost punish them, they are thy
servants: If thou dost forgive them, thou
art the exalted in power and wise."
Jesus would not teach that God could
forgive those who add to, or take away
from, his Word, when we read that God
had already condemned them in
Revelation 22. Muhammed has Jesus
saying, in Al Koran, Sura 5:118 "If thou
dost forgive them, thou art the exalted
in power and wise." God will not forgive
those who add to, or take away from, his
Word. Muhammed then must have
added verse 118 out of his fertile
imagination, or perhaps he was trying to
cover for himself in the future judgment.
Re: The Bible Is The Most Contradicting And Confusing Book Ever. by Rilwayne001: 4:24pm On Jun 28, 2015
[s]
malvisguy212:
to your door step:
Surah 5:Verse 116, And behold! Allah will say: O Jesus the son of Mary! Didst thou say unto men, "WORSHIP ME AND MY MOTHER as gods in derogation of Allah?" He (Jesus) will say, [ a ]"Glory to thee! Never could I say what I had no right (to say)... [ b ] (Jesus speaks) Thou knowest what is in my heart though I know not what is in thine..." Verse 118, (Regarding how God should deal with Christians, Jesus is supposed to have said) [ c ] "If thou dost punish them, they are thy servants: If thou dost forgive them, thou art the exalted in power and wise." Jesus NEVER FOR ONCE told anyone to worship Mary, nor did the early church do so. Not even peter when Jesus say on the cross "behold thy mother" make reference to Mary in his epistle in regards to worshiping Mary infacte, Paul, James ,Timothy, and the rest apostles do not even made mention of Mary in there epistles, where do muhammed get the idea that christians worship Mary ? And in surah 5:118. It says: "If thou dost punish them, they are thy servants: If thou dost forgive them, thou art the exalted in power and wise." Jesus would not teach that God could forgive those who add to, or take away from, his Word, when we read that God had already condemned them in Revelation 22. Muhammed has Jesus saying, in Al Koran, Sura 5:118 "If thou dost forgive them, thou art the exalted in power and wise." God will not forgive those who add to, or take away from, his Word. Muhammed then must have added verse 118 out of his fertile imagination, or perhaps he was trying to cover for himself in the future judgment.
[/s]
Re: The Bible Is The Most Contradicting And Confusing Book Ever. by Medicis(m): 5:10pm On Jun 28, 2015
kinggenesis:
How many children did Michal, the daughter of Saul, have?

2 SA 6:23 Therefore Michal the daughter of Saul had no child unto the day of her death.

2SA 21:8 But the king took the two sons of Rizpah the daughter of Aiah, whom she bare unto Saul, Armoni and Mephibosheth; and the five sons of Michal the daughter of Saul, whom she brought up for Adriel the son of Barzillai the Meholathite.

Is this not a contradiction?
2Sa 6:23 Therefore Michal the daughter of Saul had no child unto the day of her death. 

2Sa 21:8 But the king took the two sons of Rizpah the daughter of Aiah, whom she bare unto Saul, Armoni and Mephibosheth; and the five sons of Michal the daughter of Saul, whom she brought up for Adriel the son of Barzillai the Meholathite.
As is pointed out below ""Had no child unto the day of her death" may mean simply "had no child henceforward." Here is the sequence of events:

1Sa 25:44 But Saul had given Michal his daughter, David's wife, to Phalti the son of Laish, which was of Gallim.
This is 1 Samuel, which ends with the death of King Saul after giving David's wife, Michal, to another man.

Several years later, in 2 Samuel, we are told David demanded his wife back, but this was after running from Saul for several years and then finally being established as the king.

2Sa 3:12 And Abner [King Saul's captain of the host] sent messengers to David on his behalf, saying, Whose is the land? saying also, Make thy league with me, and, behold, my hand shall be with thee, to bring about all Israel unto thee.
2Sa 3:13 And he said, Well; I will make a league with thee: but one thing I require of thee, that is, Thou shalt not see my face, except thou first bring Michal Saul's daughter, when thou comest to see my face.
2Sa 3:14 And David sent messengers to Ishbosheth Saul's son, saying, Deliver me my wife Michal, which I espoused to me for an hundred foreskins of the Philistines.
2Sa 3:15 And Ishbosheth sent, and took her from her husband, even from Phaltiel the son of Laish.
After being established as the king of all of Israel, David sends to Shiloh, and after making some very serious mistakes in the handling of the ark of God, He finally brings the ark into Jerusalem. It is at this joyous time that King David dances before the ark, and Michal despises her husband and accuses him of exposing himself to the women of Jerusalem. It is at this point that we read:

2Sa 6:14 And David danced before the LORD with all his might; and David was girded with a linen ephod.
2Sa 6:15 So David and all the house of Israel brought up the ark of the LORD with shouting, and with the sound of the trumpet.
2Sa 6:16 And as the ark of the LORD came into the city of David, Michal Saul's daughter looked through a window, and saw king David leaping and dancing before the LORD; and she despised him in her heart.
2Sa 6:17 And they brought in the ark of the LORD, and set it in his place, in the midst of the tabernacle that David had pitched for it: and David offered burnt offerings and peace offerings before the LORD.
2Sa 6:18 And as soon as David had made an end of offering burnt offerings and peace offerings, he blessed the people in the name of the LORD of hosts.
2Sa 6:19 And he dealt among all the people, even among the whole multitude of Israel, as well to the women as men, to every one a cake of bread, and a good piece of flesh, and a flagon of wine. So all the people departed every one to his house.
2Sa 6:20 Then David returned to bless his household. And Michal the daughter of Saul came out to meet David, and said, How glorious was the king of Israel to day, who uncovered himself to day in the eyes of the handmaids of his servants, as one of the vain fellows shamelessly uncovereth himself!
2Sa 6:21 And David said unto Michal, It was before the LORD, which chose me before thy father, and before all his house, to appoint me ruler over the people of the LORD, over Israel: therefore will I play before the LORD.
2Sa 6:22 And I will yet be more vile than thus, and will be base in mine own sight: and of the maidservants which thou hast spoken of, of them shall I be had in honour.
2Sa 6:23 Therefore Michal the daughter of Saul had no child unto the day of her death.
It is much later that we encounter this story where Michal is said to have "brought up five sons" of her older sister Merab. It is these five sons of Merab, who Michal had "brought up", who are delivered to the Gibeonites to be hanged. It is obvious that "Adriel, the son of Barzillai" had five sons by Merab, who had apparently died before King David demanded to have Michal back. These were not Michal's sons at all but were the sons of her sister who she "had brought up for Adreil the son of Barzallai the Meholathite [Michal's brother in law].

These children were all born while David was hiding from King Saul.

"...and the five sons of Michal the daughter of Saul, whom she brought up for Adriel the son of Barzillai the Meholathite:"

We know this to be the case because of these verses which tell us of how popular David was with all Israel after he killed Goliath. But they also tell us that King Saul's daughter Merab, was promised to David, before she was given to Adriel, by whom the five sons in question were born.

1Sa 18:16 But all Israel and Judah loved David, because he went out and came in before them.
1Sa 18:17 And Saul said to David, Behold my elder daughter Merab, her will I give thee to wife: only be thou valiant for me, and fight the LORD'S battles. For Saul said, Let not mine hand be upon him, but let the hand of the Philistines be upon him.
1Sa 18:18 And David said unto Saul, Who am I? and what is my life, or my father's family in Israel, that I should be son in law to the king?
1Sa 18:19 But it came to pass at the time when Merab Saul's daughter should have been given to David, that she was given unto Adriel the Meholathite to wife.
1Sa 18:20 And Michal Saul's daughter loved David: and they told Saul, and the thing pleased him.
1Sa 18:21 And Saul said, I will give him her, that she may be a snare to him, and that the hand of the Philistines may be against him. Wherefore Saul said to David, Thou shalt this day be my son in law in the one of the twain.
So the statement that "Michal had no children" is obviously to be understood as being children of her own, not the children of her sister and brother in law who we are told Michal had "brought up for Adriel the son of Barzillai the Meholathite:" her brother in law, whose wife, Michal's sister, Merab, had apparently died.

There are several scriptures just like this one which are always resolved when it is realized that there are many facts surrounding the alleged discrepancy, which must be made known in order to see what is the Truth. But there are time when the Hebrew letters involved are so similar that a sleight scribal error can completely change the name or object under consideration.

Here is what 'Alleged Discrepancies of The Bible' has to say about these two verses:

Psa 119:160 The sum of thy word is truth; And every one of thy righteous ordinances endureth for ever.
I hope this helps you to see that Michal had been taken by her father, King Saul, and given to another man and that the children mentioned had been born to Merab and Adriel, Michal's sister and brother in law, and were called Michal's children only because she had "brought them up for Adriel" her brother in law.

Above all, I pray this all serves to demonstrate that the Word of God is always, in its sum, to be our rock, and all men are to be considered liars when they dare to, in any way, belittle or contradict the sum of God's Word.
Re: The Bible Is The Most Contradicting And Confusing Book Ever. by Medicis(m): 5:24pm On Jun 28, 2015
@Malvisguy212 I urge to simply ignore this guy. One cannot comment on their thread if one is not a muslim but they come here to cause trouble. This clearly shows that they are scared.
Re: The Bible Is The Most Contradicting And Confusing Book Ever. by malvisguy212: 6:14pm On Jun 28, 2015
Medicis:
@Malvisguy212 I urge to simply ignore this guy. One cannot comment on their thread if one is not a muslim but they come here to cause trouble. This clearly shows that they are scared.
bro, honestly, I am enjoying myself. Thank you for your comment also, they are excellent. God bless you friend.
Re: The Bible Is The Most Contradicting And Confusing Book Ever. by Medicis(m): 9:11pm On Jun 28, 2015
kinggenesis:
What was the color of the robe placed on Jesus during his trial?

MAT 27:28 scarlet

JOH 19:2 purple

Reason deep before answering.
To Tunde this is scarlet, and to Wale oh.. this is definitely purple. What do you think?? With time, a faded scarlet begins to look like purple and. I'm very sure the robe is not a New one. Matthew saw scarlet and John saw purple and they recorded it the way they saw it. And lastly you forgot to mention Mark 15:17, he also saw it as purple.

Re: The Bible Is The Most Contradicting And Confusing Book Ever. by Scholar8200(m): 8:37am On Jun 29, 2015
1KI 4:26 And Solomon had forty thousand stalls OF horses for
his chariots, and twelve thousand horsemen.

2CH 9:25 And Solomon had four thousand stalls FOR horses
and chariots, and twelve thousand horsemen; whom he
bestowed in the chariot cities, and with the king at Jerusalem.

The first means forty thousand horses while the second means four thousand stalls, Inference? There were 10 horses per stall.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Bible Is The Most Contradicting And Confusing Book Ever. by Anas09: 10:29am On Jul 04, 2015
When you were searching for these contradictions, did you by any chance come across these Prophecies that are being fulfilled right before your eyes? The Prophecies of Daniel, Ezekiel, Isaiah and Apostle Paul, Peter and John?
Very soon the world will become a cashless society. Knowledge shall increase therefore men will follow knowledge and fall away from the true God. False Prophets shall arise to decieve many. Jesus prophesied that Christians shall be persecuted and killed simply because they believe in his name. And when they kill christians, they will think they are doing it for GOD.
Earthquakes, famines, plagues, epidemics(pestilence). The Greatest False prophet Jesus prophesied is False Prophet Mohammed of Arabia. See his antecidents. Just imagine u.
All of these things are happening before us, but u choose to talk about contradictions. Wait. Pray you die before the anti-christ's riegn begins, or manybe u r his recruit already.
I believe in a God who says and what he says comes to pass. What did allah ever said that we ve seen fulfilled? I don't mean killing christians and Jews. I mean real facts.
Re: The Bible Is The Most Contradicting And Confusing Book Ever. by kinggenesis(m): 11:32am On Jul 29, 2015
Was it lawful for the Jews to put Christ to death?

"The Jews answered him, we have a law, and by our law he
ought to die." John 19:7

"The Jews therefore said unto him, It is not lawful for us to put any man to death."John 18:31
Re: The Bible Is The Most Contradicting And Confusing Book Ever. by oluwalfa: 11:35am On Jul 29, 2015
sexynabila:
my bothet i tire too...d one dat got me confused d most, was d one jesus said dt , he has not come to abolished the law of d prophet but to fulfill it...wat abt dt particular law of d prophet dat says "an eye for an eye"....but jesus instructed us dt if are been slapped we shuld turn d other side to be slapped....so dnt understnd how dis two laws fulfill each other...

Ask Satan for wisdom and like Eve in the Garden, your eyes will open.
Re: The Bible Is The Most Contradicting And Confusing Book Ever. by oluwalfa: 11:36am On Jul 29, 2015
Medicis:
To Tunde this is scarlet, and to Wale oh.. this is definitely purple. What do you think?? With time, a faded scarlet begins to look like purple and. I'm very sure the robe is not a New one. Matthew saw scarlet and John saw purple and they recorded it the way they saw it. And lastly you forgot to mention Mark 15:17, he also saw it as purple.

I see burgundy.
Re: The Bible Is The Most Contradicting And Confusing Book Ever. by mmsen: 11:38am On Jul 29, 2015
kinggenesis:
When I read the Bible, its as if Christians don't read it. Yet these christians who don't read their bibles tell me I need the Holy Spirit to understand it.

I wonder which spirit enables me see what others don't in the
Bible.

When they say 'holy spirit' I think they mean gin, or some other alcoholic beverage.

That is the only way any adult would ever believe that such garbage was inspired by an infallible, unproven being.
Re: The Bible Is The Most Contradicting And Confusing Book Ever. by kinggenesis(m): 11:42am On Jul 29, 2015
Is scripture inspired by God?

"all scripture is given by inspiration of God." 2 Timothy 3:16

"But I speak this by permission and not by commandment." 1
Corinthians 7:6"

But to the rest speak I, NOT the Lord." 1 Corinthians 7:12

"That which I speak, I speak it NOT after the Lord" 2 Corinthians.
Re: The Bible Is The Most Contradicting And Confusing Book Ever. by kinggenesis(m): 11:47am On Jul 29, 2015
Can all sins be forgiven?

(Acts 13:39) ALL sins can be forgiven.

Great, I’m happy to know God is so merciful, but wait ooo...

(Mark 3:29) Cursing or blaspheming the Holy Spirit is
unforgivable.
Re: The Bible Is The Most Contradicting And Confusing Book Ever. by kinggenesis(m): 11:51am On Jul 29, 2015
Where did Christ ascend from?

From Mount Olivet. Acts 1:9-12

From Bethany. Luke 24:50-51
Re: The Bible Is The Most Contradicting And Confusing Book Ever. by kinggenesis(m): 11:59am On Jul 29, 2015
Who did Jesus tell the Lord’s Prayer to?

(Matthew 5:1, 6:9-13 & 7:28) Jesus delivered the Lord’s Prayer
during the Sermon on the Mount before the multitudes.

(Luke 11:1-4) He delivered it before the disciples alone, and not as part of the Sermon on the Mount.
Re: The Bible Is The Most Contradicting And Confusing Book Ever. by Scholar8200(m): 5:54pm On Jul 29, 2015
kinggenesis:
Was it lawful for the Jews to put Christ to death?

"The Jews answered him, we have a law, and by our law he
ought to die." John 19:7

"The Jews therefore said unto him, It is not lawful for us to put any man to death."John 18:31
The Jews (who you just quoted) openly contradicted themselves and their law just because they wanted Jesus out of the way; this happened just as prophesied:

Isaiah 53:8 (NET)
He was led away after an unjust trial
but who even cared?
Indeed, he was cut off from the land of the living;
because of the rebellion of his own people he was wounded.

Endeavour to research thoroughly who said what before making claims.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Bible Is The Most Contradicting And Confusing Book Ever. by Scholar8200(m): 6:01pm On Jul 29, 2015
kinggenesis:
Is scripture inspired by God?

"all scripture is given by inspiration of God." 2 Timothy 3:16

"But I speak this by permission and not by commandment." 1
Corinthians 7:6"

But to the rest speak I, NOT the Lord." 1 Corinthians 7:12

"That which I speak, I speak it NOT after the Lord" 2 Corinthians.

The highlighted is true! Lordship implies command hence Paul was saying that the thigs he was about to write were inspired but not binding obligations.
1 Corinthians 7:40
But in my opinion, she will be happier if she remains as she is—and I think that I too have the Spirit of God!

Meaning he was inspired but what was written were not obligations but guidance which only those gifted can follow.

The ones quoted afterwards simply reiterated what Christ said that it is not a command binding on all His disciples but those who are gifted for such:

Matthew 19:11,12 (NET)
11 He said to them, “Not everyone can accept this statement, except those to whom it has been given.
12 For there are some eunuchs who were that way from birth, and some who were made eunuchs by others, and some who became eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. The one who is able to accept this should accept it.”

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Bible Is The Most Contradicting And Confusing Book Ever. by Scholar8200(m): 6:03pm On Jul 29, 2015
kinggenesis:
Can all sins be forgiven?

(Acts 13:39) ALL sins can be forgiven.

Great, I’m happy to know God is so merciful, but wait ooo...

(Mark 3:29) Cursing or blaspheming the Holy Spirit is
unforgivable.
You ought to have quoted what Acts 13:39 said! Paul plainly said through faith in Christ, they will be justified from all things that the law could not justify them from!. What were those things?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Bible Is The Most Contradicting And Confusing Book Ever. by Scholar8200(m): 6:09pm On Jul 29, 2015
kinggenesis:
Where did Christ ascend from?

From Mount Olivet. Acts 1:9-12

From Bethany. Luke 24:50-51
Both! Bethany is located on the Eastern slope of Mount Olivet! Meaning HE must have led them up the Mount by that way!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Bible Is The Most Contradicting And Confusing Book Ever. by Scholar8200(m): 6:13pm On Jul 29, 2015
kinggenesis:
Who did Jesus tell the Lord’s Prayer to?

(Matthew 5:1, 6:9-13 & 7:28) Jesus delivered the Lord’s Prayer
during the Sermon on the Mount before the multitudes.

(Luke 11:1-4) He delivered it before the disciples alone, and not as part of the Sermon on the Mount.
Luke 11:5-13 shows that He repeated the same prayer to the disciples giving them an illustration of what He meant when He said Ask and keep on asking and you will receive:importunity and persistence. That the 10 commandments appear in Exodus and Deuteronomy does not mean there was a contradiction; it only shows a necessary repetition to aid remembrance.

P.S.: I must appreciate how you make it one after the other; keep it up!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Bible Is The Most Contradicting And Confusing Book Ever. by tola9ja: 9:03pm On Jul 29, 2015
Jeffboi:
Carnally. Minded people don't understand the things of the spirit

Simple.

Pray the holy spirit should lead you

Or you remain confused ever.

the holy spirit is currently leading you explain all the contradiction to us

psalm76:64
Re: The Bible Is The Most Contradicting And Confusing Book Ever. by tola9ja: 9:08pm On Jul 29, 2015
[s]
malvisguy212:
God didn't literally talk face to face with Moses, for no man can see God's face and live (Exodus 33:20). This is a figurative expression intended to convey the intimacy of their relationship that is captured in the phrase,"as a man speaketh unto his friend" (verse 11).
Exodus 33:11 intimates not only that God revealed himself to Moses with greater clearness than to any other of the prophets, but also with greater
expressions of particular kindness than to any other. He spake not as a prince to a subject, but as a man to his friend, whom he loves, and with whom he takes sweet counsel. The communications made by God to Moses were not by visions, ecstacies, dreams,
inward inspirations, or the mediation of angels, but with familiarity and confidence with which the Divine Being treated his servant.
[/s]

to be sincere you have a cerebral disorder

2 Likes

Re: The Bible Is The Most Contradicting And Confusing Book Ever. by tola9ja: 9:12pm On Jul 29, 2015
malvisguy212:
NO, if you cannot convinced me, you can convinced other muslims who are reading.

If the holy spirit convict the catholic, he is a sinner and needed the mercy of God, but the catholic refused to heed to the warning, do you think the spirit will imposed His will on him (the catholic)?

catholic, man OREMUSSANCTUS this guy said you are going to hell

1 Like

Re: The Bible Is The Most Contradicting And Confusing Book Ever. by horlarwhalhe: 9:51pm On Jul 29, 2015
Please can some one explain these, the bible said God not angel am confuse more light,
Exodus 24.9 Then went up Moses, and Aaron, Nadab, and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel.
10 And they saw the God of Israel: and there was under his feet as it were a paved work of a sapphire stone, and as it were the body of heaven in his clearness.
11 And upon the nobles of the children of Israel he laid not his hand: also they saw God, and did eat and drink.
It angel God? Or God is angel
John 1.18 No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.
John 5.37 And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.
Re: The Bible Is The Most Contradicting And Confusing Book Ever. by horlarwhalhe: 12:02am On Jul 30, 2015
Am confuse about these his angel a God or God is angel?
Exodus 24.9 Then went up Moses, and Aaron, Nadab, and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel:
10 And they saw the God of Israel: and there was under his feet as it were a paved work of a sapphire stone, and as it were the body of heaven in his clearness.
11 And upon the nobles of the children of Israel he laid not his hand: also they saw God, and did eat and drink.
John 5.37 And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.
1.18 No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.
Re: The Bible Is The Most Contradicting And Confusing Book Ever. by Scholar8200(m): 9:03am On Jul 30, 2015
horlarwhalhe:
Am confuse about these his angel a God or God is angel?
Exodus 24.9 Then went up Moses, and Aaron, Nadab, and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel:
1.18[b] No man hath seen God at any time,[/b] the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

As per the highlighted, God said same thing to Moses:

Exodus 34:11, 17,18,20
11 The Lord would speak to Moses face to face, the way a person speaks to a friend. Then Moses would return to the camp, but his servant, Joshua son of Nun, a young man, did not leave the tent.

17 The Lord said to Moses, “I will do this thing also that you have requested, for you have found favor in my sight, and I know you by name.”

18 And Moses said, “Show me your glory.”
” 20 But he added, “You cannot see my face, for no one can see me and live.”

Now verse 20 agrees with John 1:18.

Even the average Israelites knew this: Judges 6:22

The ANSWER is found in Numbers 12:8 (Note that Moses wrote all this meaning he understood all that was happening)
With him I speak mouth to mouth [directly], clearly and not in dark speeches; and[b]he beholds the form of the Lord[/b]. Why then were you not afraid to speak against My servant Moses?

The highlighted is rendered as 'Similitude of the Lord' in the Authorised version.

Similitude:
a : counterpart, double
b : a visible likeness : image
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/similitude.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Bible Is The Most Contradicting And Confusing Book Ever. by mustymatic(m): 6:25pm On Jul 30, 2015
malvisguy212:
your scriptural knowledge is sooo funny, you called this contradiction? Man!!! Go and sleep pleased!!

" Father is greater than me" this verse was talking about there position.

" Jesus is equal to God"
This verse is talking about there nature.

Buhari is greater than me in position,but in spiritual knowledge I may be greater than him or equal.

Therefore, the Father is greater than Jesus, His son, in power, but Jesus is equal to him in spirit and in nature.

I will adress the rest by his grace.
If we look at it that way,
Buhari is a man, you are also a man
Buhari is the president, You are not. that's the point, there can only be one president.
therefore, there's only one God.
To say Jesus has divine nature and humanly nature is wrong, humans have limitations while God doesn't. Jesus is a man and has limits to what God can do
Re: The Bible Is The Most Contradicting And Confusing Book Ever. by Medicis(m): 9:36am On Aug 01, 2015
oluwalfa:

I see burgundy.
ever heard of royal purple
Re: The Bible Is The Most Contradicting And Confusing Book Ever. by Kobojunkie: 3:57pm On Mar 05
kinggenesis:
■ Who are the Editors? If God wrote this book, how can he be
making such enormous errors?I don't find it funny.
War or Peace?
EXODUS 15:3 The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name.
ROM 15:33 Now the God of peace be with you all. Amen.
Who is the father of Joseph?
MAT 1:16 And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of
whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.
LUK 3:23 And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of
age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli.This contradiction has to do only with the father of Joseph, not with the father of Jesus.
The primary reason the book confuses you is this; you refuse to read and digest what is written in it the same way you would every other book written out there by human hands in human language meant to be consumed by human minds. The Book is not magical. It is written with paper and ink, so you need to read and comprehend it same way you would any other book out there.
Re: The Bible Is The Most Contradicting And Confusing Book Ever. by Kobojunkie: 6:35pm On Mar 05
kinggenesis:
Is Jesus equal to or lesser than?
JOH 10:30 I and my Father are one.
JOH 14:28 Ye have heard how I said
unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me,
ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my
Father is greater than I
This here more than shows that Scripture is not the source of your confusion. undecided

Jesus Christ, in His Gospel, made it abundantly clear that not only did He not come to replace the God of Israel meaning He is not Himself the God of Israel, He also had to submit to the Will of the God of Israel even as He sits as Master(God) over those given to Him by the God of Israel. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Atheist John Steinruken - "Why Christianity Is Great" / Excerpts From The 31st Night Service With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome / A Popular Nigerian Pastor Will Lose His Wife- Abuja Prophet, Joshua Iginla Proph

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.