Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,198 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:34 AM

Kano Court Sentence 9 To Death For Insulting Prophet Mohammed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kano Court Sentence 9 To Death For Insulting Prophet Mohammed (887 Views)

Man Jailed For Insulting Governor Aminu Masari On Social Media / Kano Court Sentences Man To Death For Blasphemy / Fani-Kayode Warns Lai Mohammed: 'Stop Insulting PDP Or I Will Spank You' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kano Court Sentence 9 To Death For Insulting Prophet Mohammed by onuleo(m): 8:32am On Jun 28, 2015
An Islamic court has sentenced nine people to death for insulting the Prophet Muhammad in the northern Nigerian city of Kano.
The accused, who were all Muslims, had pleaded guilty, the head of Kano's religious police, Aminu Ibrahim Daurawa, told the BBC.
The trial was speedily done in secret after a section of the court was burnt down by angry protesters last month.
It is not known if they will appeal against the sentence.
The alleged offence was committed last month at a religious gathering in honour of Sheikh Ibrahim Niasse, the Senegalese founder of the Tijaniya sect, which has a large following across West Africa.
The nine, eight man and a woman, were reported to have said that "Niasse was bigger than Prophet Muhammad", triggering unrest.
The venue was burnt to the ground by an angry mob and the nine were arrested,
"There has been consensus among Muslims scholars that insulting the prophet carries a death sentence," Mr Daurawa told the BBC Hausa service.
"We quickly put them on trial to avoid bloodshed because people were very angry and trying to take law into their hands," he added.
Kano has a predominately Muslim population and Islamic courts operate alongside secular courts.
BBC Kano reporter Yusuf Yakasai said people celebrated in some parts of the city when news of the judgement was released

Source : www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-33283261

1 Like

Re: Kano Court Sentence 9 To Death For Insulting Prophet Mohammed by smacher(m): 8:36am On Jun 28, 2015
Re: Kano Court Sentence 9 To Death For Insulting Prophet Mohammed by CharliParker: 8:37am On Jun 28, 2015
Muslims should stop all this their tradition called Religion,allow Mohammed to fight for him self since he is a spirit that answers prayer but we should remember that a dead man is a dead man so let them follow JESUS today the everlasting saviour.

3 Likes

Re: Kano Court Sentence 9 To Death For Insulting Prophet Mohammed by Eshinwaju: 8:37am On Jun 28, 2015
Why is this not front page....
Re: Kano Court Sentence 9 To Death For Insulting Prophet Mohammed by Nobody: 8:40am On Jun 28, 2015
Welcome to Arewastan!

2 Likes

Re: Kano Court Sentence 9 To Death For Insulting Prophet Mohammed by Nobody: 8:42am On Jun 28, 2015
Eshinwaju:
Why is this not front page....

I made a thread on this topic 3 days ago.

I was even surprised it wasn't hidden or deleted by the boko mods here

https://www.nairaland.com/2405690/kano-sharia-court-sentences-8
Re: Kano Court Sentence 9 To Death For Insulting Prophet Mohammed by natas22: 8:43am On Jun 28, 2015
Re: Kano Court Sentence 9 To Death For Insulting Prophet Mohammed by smacher(m): 8:45am On Jun 28, 2015
PvtParts:

na who b dis na...oboi dis is a sundai....bad belle is nt allowed
Re: Kano Court Sentence 9 To Death For Insulting Prophet Mohammed by Eshinwaju: 8:49am On Jun 28, 2015
PvtParts:

Is Nigeria no longer a secular country......this sentence had better be overturned..... angry
Re: Kano Court Sentence 9 To Death For Insulting Prophet Mohammed by nerodenero: 8:54am On Jun 28, 2015
"Niasse was bigger than Prophet Muhammad", triggering unrest.
Why not kill people that uses the religion to kill others than kill people that made mere comments.

2 Likes

Re: Kano Court Sentence 9 To Death For Insulting Prophet Mohammed by smacher(m): 8:58am On Jun 28, 2015
nerodenero:
Why not kill people that uses the religion to kill others than kill people that made mere comments.
I feel yur pulse bro!!

1 Like

Re: Kano Court Sentence 9 To Death For Insulting Prophet Mohammed by Nobody: 9:05am On Jun 28, 2015
Eshinwaju:

Is Nigeria no longer a secular country......this sentence had better be overturned..... angry

Since 1979, with the introduction of Shari law into our constitution, Nigeria has never been a secular state.

With the full introduction of Sharia in 2002 across northern Nigeria , Nigeria is the only Nation to operate to constitutions.

Nigeria is not in any way a secular state.

The north has been pushing this agenda silently but steadfastly.

One day you will wake up to Sharia law across the federation .
Re: Kano Court Sentence 9 To Death For Insulting Prophet Mohammed by Nobody: 9:05am On Jun 28, 2015
smacher:

na who b dis na...oboi dis is a sundai....bad belle is nt allowed

Don't be a fool

1 Like

Re: Kano Court Sentence 9 To Death For Insulting Prophet Mohammed by 7footre(m): 9:28am On Jun 28, 2015
What sort of mushroom court is that? I mean under what authority are they sentencing some people to death?... this people are taking religion to a whole new level

(1) (Reply)

The Northern Agenda - By Echezona Okoye / Pic Of The Day!!!!!! / Buhari-led Govt. Will Marginalize Yorubas Due To Tinubu’s Greed – Bode George

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.