Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary (63403 Views)

Statue Of Mary 'begins Weeping Blood' At A Church In Argentina (photo) / How Jesus Christ Changed The World / MC Abbey's Act At The Experience Lagos 2016 (That Pastor Bamiloye Reacted To) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by italo: 8:23am On Jul 04, 2015
Syncan:

Lol, now let's watch the drama unfold.

Yes o...with pop corn, coke and a big sense of humour.
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Syncan(m): 9:13am On Jul 04, 2015
italo:

Abeg make your zing prepare food for Johnw47 too o.

You know say hunger sef dey make person confuse.

Yes o, abeg rich4god prepare for Johnw74 too o, so he wouldn't accuse us of discriminating against him, abeg o, I have not recovered from the last one.
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by johnw74: 12:58pm On Jul 04, 2015
Syncan:

Hahahaha, now he asks how saying Our father is the right way to pray. Did Jesus tell you how many times you should say it? Just take a look at the bold, do you know you just said that Jesus did not pray well in the garden of Gethsemane? lets see what happened there Matt. 26:44 "And he left them, and went away again, and prayed the third time, saying the same words". Did you see that Jesus spent his time in the Garden saying same thing? Yet you have the audacity to tell Jesus that "Prayer isn't reciting same thing over and over again". Ok, make I just dey observe you.

Thank you for agreeing that the Psalmist told the angels and the hosts to praise the Lord. At least it means you agree that angels and hosts can pray, for praise just like supplication are forms of prayers. If any one can Pray, such a one can praise, such a one can Petition, such a one can supplicate for another. The Psalmist asked them to praise the Lord, why? for he the psalmist feels the goodness and greatness of God, so he is simply telling them to Praise God for him, just same way some people (not you) asks their brethren to praise God for them. What is wrong with that, it is scriptural not so? Was the psalmist praying in that passage or not.

Twisting what I said may make you feel good but it doesn't help you at all.
Jesus gave an example of how to pray, that is what He was asked,

Our Father who art in Heaven....We pray to the Father
Hallowed be thy name.... we acknowledge His Holyness
Thy Kingdom come....we show we long for his kingdom
Thy will de done on earth as it is in heaven...we acknowledge He is in charge
Give us this day our daily bread....we ask Him for our needs
forgive us our trespasses as we forgive our debtors...we ask for forgiveness of sins, we don't ask man.
lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil....ask his protection
etc.

I say again the psalmist asked the angels and other Heavenly beings to praise God,
he didn't ask them to praise God for Him, the psalmist is very capable of doing that himself.

2 Likes

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by johnw74: 1:13pm On Jul 04, 2015
Syncan:

Hahahaha, now he asks how saying Our father is the right way to pray. Did Jesus tell you how many times you should say it? Just take a look at the bold, do you know you just said that Jesus did not pray well in the garden of Gethsemane? lets see what happened there Matt. 26:44 "And he left them, and went away again, and prayed the third time, saying the same words". Did you see that Jesus spent his time in the Garden saying same thing? Yet you have the audacity to tell Jesus that "Prayer isn't reciting same thing over and over again". Ok, make I just dey observe you.

Mat 26:42 He went away again the second time, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if this cup may not pass away from me, except I drink it, thy will be done.

Jesus understandably asked the Father that request three times that night, and not all at the same time, and you say blasphemously that He was praying repetitiously, when Jesus Himself said that type of prayer was of the heathen.

Mat_6:7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.

4 Likes

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by johnw74: 1:26pm On Jul 04, 2015
italo:

Ha! Syncan! It seems that we Catholics (Jesus, the four living creatures and us) don't know how to pray.

What are we going to do? See below.

Matt26:44 So he left them and went away once more and prayed the third time, saying the same thing.

Rev4:8 Each of the four living creatures had six wings and was covered with eyes all around, even under its wings. Day and night they never stop saying:

“‘Holy, holy, holy

is the Lord God Almighty,’[b]

who was, and is, and is to come.”

The Angels never stop praising God, saying day and night "Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty"

good on them.

To God it is praise,
to you it is repetitous praying.

also see this: https://www.nairaland.com/2411104/how-jesus-reacted-worship-mary/2#35474607
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by italo: 1:49pm On Jul 04, 2015
johnw74:

forgive us our trespasses as we forgive our debtors...we ask for forgiveness of sins, we don't ask man.
etc.

Jesus also told you that we should not say any other prayer...or that we must never repeat the Our Father abi?
johnw74:

I say again the psalmist asked the angels and other Heavenly beings to praise God,
he didn't ask them to praise God for Him, the psalmist is very capable of doing that himself.

Oh! So the Psalmist doesn't need the Angels to praise God for him, he was only telling them to Praise God. But the Angels need the psalmist to tell them when to praise God abi...l

Very importantly, you dodged the question, as expected.

Was the psalmist praying or not? grin

6 Likes

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by johnw74: 1:51pm On Jul 04, 2015
italo:

[/b]
In the anti-Catholic mind: if I say the Psalmist was not praying, I will sound silly. If I say the Psalmist was praying, it would mean the Catholics are right to ask for intercession. I will rather beat around the bush or change the topic.

Psa 148:1 Praise ye the LORD. Praise ye the LORD from the heavens: praise him in the heights.
Psa 148:2 Praise ye him, all his angels: praise ye him, all his hosts.

I suppose you think the psalmist was praying to the sun and moon too.

Psa 148:3 Praise ye him, sun and moon: praise him, all ye stars of light.

The psalmist was writing his thoughts, on this ocassion about the LORD deserving the praise of all of his creation.

Psa 148:5 Let them praise the name of the LORD: for he commanded, and they were created.

Read the whole psalm and who knows, you might understand?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by italo: 1:53pm On Jul 04, 2015
johnw74:

Mat 26:42 He went away again the second time, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if this cup may not pass away from me, except I drink it, thy will be done.

Jesus understandably asked the Father that request three times that night, and not all at the same time, and you say blasphemously that He was praying repetitiously, when Jesus Himself said that type of prayer was of the heathen.

Mat_6:7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.

So Jesus did not repeat the same prayer 3 times?

grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Syncan(m): 1:56pm On Jul 04, 2015
johnw74:

etc.

Since Jesus did not pray "Our Father" in the garden, so he didn't pray abi? SMH. We that say "our father" nko? You start to count how many we say in order to decide if the number was ok...or we have to add more.

Aha, at bold, No he didn't, he was teaching them in Sunday school or Catechism class to Praise God. Lol. Or reminding them maybe....lest they forget.

Yeah, and was he praying?

7 Likes

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by italo: 1:56pm On Jul 04, 2015
johnw74:

The Angels never stop praising God, saying day and night "Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty"

good on them.

To God it is praise,
to you it is repetitous praying.

also see this: https://www.nairaland.com/2411104/how-jesus-reacted-worship-mary/2#35474607

And praise is not prayer?

Who is your "pastor" or G.O?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Syncan(m): 1:57pm On Jul 04, 2015
italo:

His name is daddy.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by italo: 2:00pm On Jul 04, 2015
johnw74:

Psa 148:1 Praise ye the LORD. Praise ye the LORD from the heavens: praise him in the heights.
Psa 148:2 Praise ye him, all his angels: praise ye him, all his hosts.

I suppose you think the psalmist was praying to the sun and moon too.

Psa 148:3 Praise ye him, sun and moon: praise him, all ye stars of light.

The psalmist was writing his thoughts, on this ocassion about the LORD deserving the praise of all of his creation.

Psa 148:5 Let them praise the name of the LORD: for he commanded, and they were created.

Read the whole psalm and who knows, you might understand?

Was the psalmist praying?

Simple qweshion! grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by johnw74: 2:03pm On Jul 04, 2015
italo:

Jesus also told you that we should not say any other prayer...or that we must never repeat the Our Father abi?

Oh! So the Psalmist doesn't need the Angels to praise God for him, he was only telling them to Praise God. But the Angels need the psalmist to tell them when to praise God abi...l

Very importantly, you dodged the question, as expected.

Was the psalmist praying or not? grin

What you said here is just confused garbage.

as far as dodging your question on the last page, I answered it before reading this post,
"as expected"....who would dodge you?
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Syncan(m): 2:07pm On Jul 04, 2015
italo:

grin

grin grin grin grin Naaah, He "understandably asked the Father that request three times that night, and not all at the same time". Do you even understand this guy?

4 Likes

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by johnw74: 2:08pm On Jul 04, 2015
italo:

grin

You blasphemously say Jesus prayed repetitiously while Jesus Himself said that kind of prayer is of the heathen.

2 Likes

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by johnw74: 2:11pm On Jul 04, 2015
Syncan:

Since Jesus did not pray "Our Father" in the garden, so he didn't pray abi? SMH. We that say "our father" nko? You start to count how many we say in order to decide if the number was ok...or we have to add more.

Aha, at bold, No he didn't, he was teaching them in Sunday school or Catechism class to Praise God. Lol. Or reminding them maybe....lest they forget.

Yeah, and was he praying?

Just more confused rubbish.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Syncan(m): 2:12pm On Jul 04, 2015
johnw74:

Just more confused rubbish.

Was the Psalmist Praying?

2 Likes

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by johnw74: 2:15pm On Jul 04, 2015
italo:

You blasphemously say Jesus prayed repetitiously and now you are dodging it.
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by johnw74: 2:17pm On Jul 04, 2015
Syncan:

His name is daddy.

Mocking the LORD.

1 Like

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by johnw74: 2:21pm On Jul 04, 2015
italo:
Was the psalmist praying?

Simple qweshion! grin

simple question which i answered you at length, and showed what a dil you are, look for it.
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by johnw74: 2:24pm On Jul 04, 2015
Syncan:

grin grin grin grin Naaah, He "understandably asked the Father that request three times that night, and not all at the same time". Do you even understand this guy?

You blasphemously say Jesus prayed repetitiously when Jesus himself said that type of praying is off the heathen.

1 Like

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by johnw74: 2:34pm On Jul 04, 2015
Syncan:

Was the Psalmist Praying?

I answered italo's post look for it, I'm sure you only see what you want to see.

2 Likes

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by johnw74: 2:44pm On Jul 04, 2015
The mocking rc's:

italo:

Abeg make your zing prepare food for Johnw47 too o.

You know say hunger sef dey make person confuse.

Syncan:

Yes o, abeg rich4god prepare for Johnw74 too o, so he wouldn't accuse us of discriminating against him, abeg o, I have not recovered from the last one.

Mocking God:
Syncan:

His name is daddy.

In these verses God is talking specifically about rc's

1Ti 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
1Ti 4:2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;
1Ti 4:3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.

the rcc forbids priests and nuns to marry
the rcc commands abstaining form meats on fridays.

3 Likes

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Syncan(m): 2:49pm On Jul 04, 2015
johnw74:

Mocking the LORD.

So your pastor or G.O is now your LORD, ok.

johnw74:

You blasphemously say Jesus prayed repetitiously when Jesus himself said that type of praying is off the heathen.

SMH

johnw74:

I answered italo's post look for it, I'm sure you only see what you want to see.

I asked the question first, it is not hard to say yes or no is it? Was the psalmist praying?

johnw74:
The mocking rc's:
Mocking God:
In these verses God is talking specifically about rc's
1Ti 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
1Ti 4:2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;
1Ti 4:3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.
the rcc forbids priests and nuns to marry
the rcc commands abstaining form meats on fridays.

Why are you so filled with bitterness, now you're deviating from the issue on ground, just like Italo said you would. Chai

5 Likes

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by johnw74: 3:32pm On Jul 04, 2015
Syncan:

So your pastor or G.O is now your LORD, ok.

SMH

I asked the question first, it is not hard to say yes or no is it? Was the psalmist praying?

Why are you so filled with bitterness,

You have it wrong, Im saying it as it is. It could be bitter to you.

now you're deviating from the issue on ground, just like Italo said you would. Chai

Why do you lie, I told you I answered, again I say look for it.

1 Like

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by italo: 5:05pm On Jul 04, 2015
Syncan:

It's a pity that someone can reason this way.

Isn't repetitive prayer meant to be at different times? One after the other?

Can someone make repetitive prayers at the same time?

Can I say 10 hail marys at the same time?

It's honestly a pity.

2 Likes

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jul 04, 2015
I am surprised no one even looked to analyze what happened in luke 9:29-31. Anyway I must say I did learn a lot on this thread. Kudos to everyone smiley

4 Likes

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Ochek: 7:51pm On Jul 04, 2015
jnrbayano:

Answer my question first bro so that I can answer yours.

Here is it again,

"I delivered him (that target in my example) from that danger. No?"

Yes you did buh the stance here makes your example of no effect as we ain't told in the bible she is seated with God at the moment.

She was born mortal and remained mortal as such she shears same fate as all mortal men until the return of our Lord Jesus Christ .

Of course Jesus did listen to her plea in the bible buh remember, that was as she was living (in flesh and blood) and as such could even be an example to man kind (children obey ur parents).

It's written, it's appointed unto man (Mary inclusive) to die (natural death), and after death, judgment.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by misreal(m): 8:52pm On Jul 04, 2015
Tallesty1:
This short prayer says otherwise.

We fly to thy patronage, O holy Mother of God;
despise not our petitions in our necessities,
but deliver us always from all dangers,
O glorious and blessed Virgin.
Amen.

I wonder who gave her such power.
catholics claim not to worship Mary,but honour her.the problem is,they don't know that extreme honour to a man steers up jealousy in the heart of God.they simply give Mary too much honour, which makes them worship her indirectly.you don't need to call a thing your God before you can be worshiping it,you worship it when you value it more than God...simply put,catholics honour Mary more than they honour Jesus...

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by jnrbayano(m): 9:31pm On Jul 04, 2015
Ochek:

Yes you did buh the stance here makes your example of no effect as we ain't told in the bible she is seated with God at the moment.

She was born mortal and remained mortal as such she shears same fate as all mortal men until the return of our Lord Jesus Christ .

Of course Jesus did listen to her plea in the bible buh remember, that was as she was living (in flesh and blood) and as such could even be an example to man kind (children obey ur parents).

It's written, it's appointed unto man (Mary inclusive) to die (natural death), and after death, judgment.

Glad you answered.

Now what point do you wanna make again about that prayer?
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Elevation(m): 10:02pm On Jul 04, 2015
Mary believed in Jesus, without that she wouldnt be saved, we need to know some key things.THERE IS NO OTHER MEDIATOR OR INTERCESSOR JESUS IS OUR HIGH PRIEST ANYONE THAT EXHALTS A CREATURE ABOVE THE CREATOR CANNOT ENTER HEAVEN. Exodus 20:4 and Leviticus 26:1 Dont bow or worship any image of anything or any person known or unknown it is IDOLATRY and no Idolater can enter Heaven.

1 Like

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Syncan(m): 6:44am On Jul 05, 2015
misreal:
catholics claim not to worship Mary,but honour her.the problem is,they don't know that extreme honour to a man steers up jealousy in the heart of God.they simply give Mary too much honour, which makes them worship her indirectly.you don't need to call a thing your God before you can be worshiping it,you worship it when you value it more than God...simply put,catholics honour Mary more than they honour Jesus...

Yeah, and God came to report to you.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply)

Prophet Jeremiah Fufeyin Gives Back Tithes, Offering To Nigerians, Donates N300M / Kairo’s Embassy Church, Uyo Pastor's Wife Lied To Him (Photos) / Christians Sold American Church To Muslims, Rejected Club Owners' Offer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.