Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,851 members, 7,810,279 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:37 AM

How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary (63278 Views)

Statue Of Mary 'begins Weeping Blood' At A Church In Argentina (photo) / How Jesus Christ Changed The World / MC Abbey's Act At The Experience Lagos 2016 (That Pastor Bamiloye Reacted To) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by misreal(m): 6:50am On Jul 05, 2015
Syncan:

Yeah, and God came to report to you.
your problem tho..if you don't heed advice now that you are on earth,you will be shocked to see yaself in hell after you die..your Mary is in heaven because she honoured and worshiped only Jesus.but you worship her in disguise...please I am not condemning Catholics, I just want them to see the truth and repent..

1 Like

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Syncan(m): 7:37am On Jul 05, 2015
misreal:
your problem tho..if you don't heed advice now that you are on earth,you will be shocked to see yaself in hell after you die..your Mary is in heaven because she honoured and worshiped only Jesus.but you worship her in disguise ...please I am not condemning Catholics, I just want them to see the truth and repent..

Thank you. Though the bible says the Church is the "pillar and foundation of truth" 1Tim 3:15, you have now made yourself that instead. Can you hear yourself...I "worship her in disguise". Accuser of the brethren. How you even knew Mary is in heaven baffles me. I have a list of people for you to check where they are too. These are the people who said the books you have as bible now are inspired, and canonized it, while removing the ones they don't agree on. Below their names are quotes from them in their teachings, so tell me, are they condemned to hell too or are they in heaven?

Clement of Alexandria, He died in 215AD

"In this way is he [the true Christian] always pure for prayer. He also prays in the society of angels, as being already of angelic rank, and he is never out of their holy keeping; and though he pray alone, he has the choir of the saints standing with him [in prayer]" [A.D. 208]).

Origen....Died in 232AD

"But not the high priest [Christ] alone prays for those who pray sincerely, but also the angels . . . as also the souls of the saints who have already fallen asleep" (Prayer 11 [A.D. 233]).

Cyril of Jerusalem...Bishop of Jerusalem. Died in 386AD

"Then [during the Eucharistic prayer] we make mention also of those who have already fallen asleep: first, the patriarchs, prophets, apostles, and martyrs, that through their prayers and supplications God would receive our petition . . . " (Catechetical Lectures 23:9 [A.D. 350]).

Augustine....Bishop of Hippo. Died in 430.

"A Christian people celebrates together in religious solemnity the memorials of the martyrs, both to encourage their being imitated and so that it can share in their merits and be aided by their prayers" (Against Faustus the Manichean [A.D. 400]).

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by jonadaft: 8:29am On Jul 05, 2015
Tallesty1:
This short prayer says otherwise.

We fly to thy patronage, O holy Mother of God;
despise not our petitions in our necessities,
but deliver us always from all dangers,
O glorious and blessed Virgin.
Amen.

I wonder who gave her such power.
SO GOD HAD SEX WITH A VIRGIN GIRL AND LATER GAVE BIRTH TO HIMSELF
SMH
HOW SENSELESS ARE THIS PEOPLE
Crazy silly people

ONLY ONE CONDOM COULD HAVE SAVED THE WHOLE WORLD... sad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by loomer: 8:31am On Jul 05, 2015
Nobody holy pass o

1 Like

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by valandy99(m): 8:32am On Jul 05, 2015
honourhim:
Luke 11:27 And it came to pass, as he spake these things, a certain woman of the company lifted up her voice, and said unto him, Blessed is the womb that bare thee, and the paps which thou hast sucked. 28 [b][/b]But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it.

We can see in the scripture above that Christ didnt give support to the slightest worship of his mother yet people wont hear.

Catholics re only honouring mary and never worshipping yet u can't hear, or are u that d**p?
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by holyeye1989(m): 8:32am On Jul 05, 2015
ALL OF YOU WEY DEY ASK WHO GAVE VIRGIN MARIA POWER....UNA GO UNDERSTAND IF UNA NO DO UNA BVN BEFORE DEADLINE..

1 Like

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by obayaya(m): 8:33am On Jul 05, 2015
Tallesty1:

Amen.

And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and hers; he will crush your head, and you will strike his heel." - Genesis 3:15

The woman - The blessed Virgin is a standard bearer in the fight against Satan. Cos through her, the savior was born.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by neocortex: 8:33am On Jul 05, 2015
An2elect2:
Catholics worship a certain Mary not the Mary of the bible of course because if she were here she will rebuke them totally.

When i was a catholic, a priest tried explaining that passage to mean some kind of special blessing accrued to Mary. And He said something like "blessed are those who hear the word and keep it LIKE MARY"
I almost believed Him but i knew something was wrong with his interpretation. Jesus didn't say LIKE MARY. Where did he get that from? i thought! And how Jesus swiftly responded to the woman's words, bothered me,but all these things did not deter me from continuing with catholicism until God opened my eyes and pulled me out...I prolly would have still been a catholic.

Be wary of using "logic" it has turned many christians into atheist grin

5 Likes

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by per1: 8:34am On Jul 05, 2015
khachee:

There is a difference between reading and studying, go back and study that passage. Jesus didnt rebuke the woman.

And by the way honour is different from worship, catholics honour her

#my 2 cent
where is it writing that Mary shd pray for us, it is only Christ who seat at the rigth hand of God interceding for us, Mary did not die for us.

1 Like

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by justkaycee1(m): 8:35am On Jul 05, 2015
Acekidc4:

Why will they still be Using the Word Virgin to Describe Her??

She is No Virgin!! Catholics should get that into their Skulls!!
what's ur definition of Virgin?
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by jonadaft: 8:39am On Jul 05, 2015
[s]
jnrbayano:

Take for instance,

If I have the fore-knowledge of a plot to assassinate someone on Monday en route to work (I eavesdropped on the plotters) and advised that target should either stay put at home or take another route, if he heed and thus remain alive:

I delivered him from that danger. No?
[/s]
Rubbish!
Stop being silly
Open your head and think..

2 Likes

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Sogachuks(m): 8:40am On Jul 05, 2015
khachee:

There is a difference between reading and studying, go back and study that passage. Jesus didnt rebuke the woman.

#my 2 cent

People with light brain read only to pass exams while does that choose to know read to know. Christianity is a choice thing,doctrine is believing (faith) the bible is the best Doctrine any 1 can follow. Study the bible with spiritual guidance to understand every words it's says.

1 Like

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by obayaya(m): 8:40am On Jul 05, 2015
Tallesty1:
Biblical proof that she has fore-knowledge of our problems or that she hears our prayers bro.

You are alive, you can hear and see but Mary is dead. That's the difference.

Then Simeon blessed them and said to Mary, his mother: “This child is destined to cause the falling and rising of many in Israel, and to be a sign that will be spoken against, so that the thoughts of many hearts will be revealed. And a sword will pierce your own soul too.”- luke 2:34 - 35

7 Likes

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Pavore9: 8:40am On Jul 05, 2015
Tallesty1:

Amen.

The truth is Catholics will continue to say this prayer while Protestants will continue to protest against it till the second coming of Christ! As long as the Catholic Faith does not pose a security risk to non-Catholics just as Boko Haram ISIS, Al-Shaabab are, everyone should keep their peace and mind their paths and leave deciding who is truly serving God to God ALONE!

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Mariojane(f): 8:40am On Jul 05, 2015
honourhim:
Luke 11:27 And it came to pass, as he spake these things, a certain woman of the company lifted up her voice, and said unto him, Blessed is the womb that bare thee, and the paps which thou hast sucked. 28 [b][/b]But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it.

We can see in the scripture above that Christ didnt give support to the slightest worship of his mother yet people wont hear.
is it not the same bible that tells us a story about wedding in Cana when the wine was finishing and Mary came to beg Jesus and he said 'mother you know my time has not come but because you are my mother I will do it. What will you say about that? Cos the only thing you people do these days is to condemn churches and abandon your faith. Why don't you let all of us meet on the judgement day and leave judgment for God

9 Likes

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by orlard3(m): 8:41am On Jul 05, 2015
[quote author=LadyBoss1 post=35239337]
Yes cause its a sin to worship anyone or thing except God

Think catholic are guilty of this... Even in the one i attend they kneel down n do the sign of the cross in front of mary n joeseph

if so.....dat means u worship ur parent wen u kneel down to greet them.

3 Likes

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by LydayBobo(m): 8:41am On Jul 05, 2015
honourhim:

Na so una dey start wahala. Please did they said you should not do your own religion? Please anyone or rather anybody can worship anything as long as he does not stop me from worshipping God. You can't fight God's battle Bro so don't start what your generation cannot finish. If you like quote me out of context... we know people like you

1 Like

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Nobody: 8:41am On Jul 05, 2015
Tallesty1:
We won't achieve anything from this discussion if answer questions with questions.

Looks like they are questioning questions with questions bro. Lolz!
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by kingsley3218(m): 8:42am On Jul 05, 2015
witnezHD:
Catholics worship that ho.....
Your such an id*** 4 an expression like that,how would u feel if they call ur mother a ho...... Activate ur 6th sense 4 once.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Nobody: 8:42am On Jul 05, 2015
khachee:

#my 2 cent
God bless you my brother. It's only a fool that won't respect her mother.

1 Like

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Ayietim(m): 8:44am On Jul 05, 2015
Disappointment is not the end, it's just pleasure delayed, to be enjoyed for a long while at the right time.
http://ayietim.
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Nobody: 8:44am On Jul 05, 2015
An2elect2:
Catholics worship a certain Mary not the Mary of the bible of course because if she were here she will rebuke them totally.

When i was a catholic, a priest tried explaining that passage to mean some kind of special blessing accrued to Mary. And He said something like "blessed are those who hear the word and keep it LIKE MARY"
I almost believed Him but i knew something was wrong with his interpretation. Jesus didn't say LIKE MARY. Where did he get that from? i thought! And how Jesus swiftly responded to the woman's words, bothered me,but all these things did not deter me from continuing with catholicism until God opened my eyes and pulled me out...I prolly would have still been a catholic.
. Which church did God opened your eyes to see and start attending their services

3 Likes

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by steviron(m): 8:45am On Jul 05, 2015
SSPX:
Stop wondering you heretic dullard, Mary is the MOTHER OF Jesuse Daughter of God the Father and Spoues of Holy spirit so she divinely connected and all grace we receive from God pass through her hand that is why she is full of Grace.
. Bros Na U even dull pass for this platform.. Just look @ what U posted, nobody replied U cuz it doesn't make ny sense..See what U typed ( all grace we receive from God pass through her hand that is why she is full of Grace) Na Ur own Grace pass through her hand not mine.

2 Likes

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by jonadaft: 8:45am On Jul 05, 2015
SSPX:
Stop wondering you heretic dullard, Mary is the MOTHER OF Jesuse Daughter of God the Father and Spoues of Holy spirit so she divinely connected and all grace we receive from God pass through her hand that is why she is full of Grace.
shocked
*falls from mango tree *
Epic fail cheesy

2 Likes

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Nobody: 8:46am On Jul 05, 2015
SSPX:
. Correct you are on point
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Nobody: 8:47am On Jul 05, 2015
Fvccck off !!
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by honourhim: 8:47am On Jul 05, 2015
misreal:
catholics claim not to worship Mary,but honour her.the problem is,they don't know that extreme honour to a man steers up jealousy in the heart of God.they simply give Mary too much honour, which makes them worship her indirectly.you don't need to call a thing your God before you can be worshiping it,you worship it when you value it more than God...simply put,catholics honour Mary more than they honour Jesus...

They are worshipping idol not Mary the mother of Jesus pls.

2 Likes

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by nyabinghi(m): 8:47am On Jul 05, 2015
Syncan:

So you doubt Jesus?

Jesus said: "Everyone who lives in me and believes in me will never ever die" Jn 11:26. He even used Abraham, Isaac and Jacob as examples thus: "I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living" Matt. 22:32. Please try to believe Jesus, Mary is living just as these Patriarchs.

so they killed God on the cross, jesus is a god but there is only one God Allah(SWT) tekbir

1 Like

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by damiloladuke: 8:48am On Jul 05, 2015
why would you worship Mary in THR first place

CHECK MY SIGNATURE TO READ ABOUT MY FUNNY PERSONAL DIARY

1 Like

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Nobody: 8:48am On Jul 05, 2015
Kalatium:
This has always been the case.This was one of the reason Protestant broke out from Catholics. Mary should not even be honoured because Jesus never gave that authority.
and why did pentecostals break up to form another pentecostal

6 Likes

Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Maxcollins042(m): 8:49am On Jul 05, 2015
honourhim:

Op pulease, are you so dumb to differentiate between worship and honour?
Re: How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary by Nobody: 8:49am On Jul 05, 2015
honourhim:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply)

RCCG Bans Long Beard At Weddings (Beard Gang Grooms And Groomsmen) / Man Whose Sister Was Murdered Denounces Jesus (Photo) / Video Of Collapsed Reigners Bible Church Building In Uyo (Graphic Content)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.