Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,176 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

Panic In APC Over Benue Governorship Seat - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Panic In APC Over Benue Governorship Seat (29688 Views)

Ondo Governorship Election: Another Crisis Looms In APC Over Deputy Gov. Slot / Tension In Ondo APC Over Alleged Plan To Tamper With Primaries Result / Jibrin Apologises To APC Over Role In Dogara’s Emergence As Speaker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Panic In APC Over Benue Governorship Seat by kokoA(m): 2:41pm On Jun 28, 2015
Rexology:

If PDP do not have a good case at the tribunal, there would not have been any need for the letter.
In this case, PDP argued that APC did not conduct Primary election, as required by the Electoral act. The report has it that PDP relied on the documents produced by APC aggrieved governorship aspirants who are also in court to challenge the emergence of Samuel Ortom as the APC governorship flag bearer,to proof their case.
In the case of Amaechi V Omehia, Amaechi stood for the primary, but was latter subtituted with Omehia by PDP.Therefore, the FACT of the case you cited is not the same with this case.
It was also stated in the judgement of Ameachi vs Omehia that election victory is for the political party and not the individual, that's why Ameachi became governor without contesting the governorship election. The victory belonged to the PDP and not Omehia then. In this case to, it will amount to injustice to take an APC victory and hand it over to the PDP who contested and lost... Whoever wins the court case between Jime and Ortom will become governor. PDP has no case here.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Panic In APC Over Benue Governorship Seat by omenka(m): 2:49pm On Jun 28, 2015
Caseless:

Wahala dey for us be that? What more can we do? Just praying for that grace of God to come down.
Baba the tin bad gan make I no lie.

It's even better Gime dropped his case otherwise there was no way Ortom could have survived Gime's case. And at the same time it would have been better had Gime emerged because he's been in the party for so long right from the days of ACN. His name was substituted with Ortom's who decamped to APC just a couple of days after he contested and lost primary under PDP!!! What manner of injustice is that?? angry angry

Should Tarzor succeed, Benue is done for and the crook Suswam would be in an even bigger trouble (only good aspect of it).

Make dem do pay their workers jor. This 5 months and counting. angry
Re: Panic In APC Over Benue Governorship Seat by gajike: 3:01pm On Jun 28, 2015
And d gov is presently giving thankgiving at royal assembly church abuja. I pray his victory remain permanent in Jesus name
Re: Panic In APC Over Benue Governorship Seat by 4lashyme: 3:08pm On Jun 28, 2015
kokoA:
It was also stated in the judgement of Ameachi vs Omehia that election victory is for the political party and not the individual, that's why Ameachi became governor without contesting the governorship election. The victory belonged to the PDP and not Omehia then. In this case to, it will amount to injustice to take an APC victory and hand it over to the PDP who contested and lost... Whoever wins the court case between Jime and Ortom will become governor. PDP has no case here.

It's the same thing. they are disqualifying APC [the party. not the candidate.] for not following the electoral Law. It should have been an APC victory if APC had done the subtituting in a clean primaries. But in this case APC did a FAKE primaries. Consequently, both the winners and losers of the primaries are void! because the APC primary process for that "position" was "null & void".

I hope this helps.
Re: Panic In APC Over Benue Governorship Seat by NewsHub: 3:10pm On Jun 28, 2015
torkaka:
. . . . . . . .APC in Benue goofed big time on this one. . . . . . . . .with the Edo judgement, i think it's safe to say Benue will eventually go to the TANOID DULLARDS. . . . . . . . . .karma is playing a fast one on Akume angry. . . . . . . . . . .sad
What Karms are you talking about?
PDP has no case; the only way they have a case is if the APC legal team fails to do their job. And that is unlikely.
Re: Panic In APC Over Benue Governorship Seat by awa(m): 3:18pm On Jun 28, 2015
Gejpresident:
babe I love u, pls let me love and die for u

Ihatebuhari is married ohhhh....
Are you not seeing the ring
Please the best you can do is to be her gate man.
Re: Panic In APC Over Benue Governorship Seat by baralatie(m): 3:28pm On Jun 28, 2015
kokoA:
that case amaechi vs omehia is centered on replaced identity.this case is about a party not having a legible representation at the polls meaning they never appeared at the election with a legible candidate at the polls.it literarirly leaves only the PDP candidate as the contestant at the polls.

1 Like

Re: Panic In APC Over Benue Governorship Seat by baralatie(m): 3:30pm On Jun 28, 2015
NewsHub:

What Karms are you talking about?
PDP has no case; the only way they have a case is if the APC legal team fails to do their job. And that is unlikely.
the APC legal team has a biiiig mountain unless the PDP does possess credible evidence.
Re: Panic In APC Over Benue Governorship Seat by kokoA(m): 3:30pm On Jun 28, 2015
4lashyme:

It's the same thing. they are disqualifying APC [the party. not the candidate.] for not following the electoral Law. It should have been an APC victory if APC had done the subtituting in a clean primaries. But in this case APC did a FAKE primaries. Consequently, both the winners and losers of the primaries are void! because the APC primary process for that "position" was "null & void".

I hope this helps.
I'd like to know if it is the duty of the court or INEC to determine if a party has a valid candidate or not From my understanding, I may be wrong though, provided INEC has accepted a particular candidate from a party, I think by law that party has the right to stand for that election.. It means the party has a valid candidate according to the law of the land, though in this case we don't know if that valid candidate was Ortom or Jime..
Re: Panic In APC Over Benue Governorship Seat by NewsHub: 3:37pm On Jun 28, 2015
Funny!!! PDP/Tarzor has no case. The only way they can have a case is if the APC legal team fails to do their job, and that is unlikely.

Lets understand somethings:

For those citing the case of Amaechi and Omehia in Rivers state, remember the final judgement. The court ruled that victory in a general election belongs to a political party and not the candidate.

This case is similar to a case i was very involved in after the 2011 elections. The case was between Comrade Dan Onjeh of the then ACN and Hassan Saleh of the PDP. Dan Onjeh took Hassan Saleh and the PDP to court challenging the victory of Saleh who replaced the actual winner of the PDP primaries, Chris Abah popularly known as Mad lion in Benue.

Dan Onjeh told the court that since Hassan Saleh was not the candidate that emerged as winner of
the PDP primaries, he (Saleh) should be disqualified and Dan Onjeh having come second be declared winner of the house of Reps election.

Both parties presented their arguments and counter arguments with the legal team of the PDP hammering on two points:
1. The matter is an intra-party affair that does not concern Dan Onjeh and the ACN, only a member of the PDP has the right to challenge its primaries.
2. The matter is a pre-election matter hence the Tribunal lacks the jurisdiction to hear the case. The Tribunal is to handle post election matters.

At the end of the day Dan Onjeh and the ACN lost the case with Hon. Hassan Saleh maintaining his position as member representing Okpokwu/Ogbadigbo federal constituency of Benue state.

Terhemen Tarzor and the PDP in Benue should go and sleep. They have no case! After the mess the former governor, Suswam put the state in, it's funny and annoying that PDP thought they could win Benue.

Fact: Samuel Ortom or any APC candidate will remain the Governor of Benue state.

1 Like

Re: Panic In APC Over Benue Governorship Seat by Saidu22(m): 3:40pm On Jun 28, 2015
Yes Hon. Jime Emmanuel, is d consensus candidate 4 APC, whn Ortom lost d PDP ticket, @Akume n co manipulated n gv @Ortom, d ticket. APC will lose Benue state evn care is nt taking.
Re: Panic In APC Over Benue Governorship Seat by nigerianvenom(m): 3:47pm On Jun 28, 2015
mrvitalis:
PDP never stop being foolish there case is as good as dead on arrival
APC won the election and who ever can prove he is the real candidate will be sworn into office just like what happened in Ameachi case in 2007
Please PDP should just go and sleep

Seems u dont know what happened in ameachi's case.
Re: Panic In APC Over Benue Governorship Seat by Saidu22(m): 3:54pm On Jun 28, 2015
Unless, d agrived Apc asprant will go n withdrew der case n ducment summited 2 trinbual, challeging d process on which Governor Ortom emerge as d party candidate, dat is d only way 4 Ortom n APC can b save frm d embarassment.
Re: Panic In APC Over Benue Governorship Seat by Toktee(m): 4:04pm On Jun 28, 2015
barcanista:
Why them no do primary election sef?
extend same qustion to pdp in rivers,benue state,nasarawa state,delta state,even jonathan candidacy was without primaries,so,can you explain why?
Re: Panic In APC Over Benue Governorship Seat by chigoizie7(m): 4:16pm On Jun 28, 2015
Caseless:
Odein ajumogobia and others are challenging the emergence of wike as the candidate of the party in rivers state. So what are u saying?

Noted.

they should do the right thing,that's my own.
Re: Panic In APC Over Benue Governorship Seat by Rexology: 5:21pm On Jun 28, 2015
kokoA:
Law is not what you think, rather is how it is.
You cannot build something out of nothing, do not be sentimental because there is no sentiment with the law.
In the case of Amaechi vs Omehia, Amaechi participated in the primary, and was unjustly subtituted with Omehia by PDP, therefore, PDP was qualified to stood for the election, having conducted the primary as provided in the Electoral act.
In this case, APC did not conduct any PRIMARY as pre-requisite to stand for the election,therefore, in the eyes of the law, as provided in the electoral act, APC was never qualified to stood for the election, having failed to conduct a primary election.
Do you now see the difference? Please don't be emotional about this, am neither an APC nor a PDP supporter. I said things objectively and in consonance with the provisions of the law.Thank you!

1 Like

Re: Panic In APC Over Benue Governorship Seat by Caseless: 5:33pm On Jun 28, 2015
omenka:
Baba the tin bad gan make I no lie.

It's even better Gime dropped his case otherwise there was no way Ortom could have survived Gime's case. And at the same time it would have been better had Gime emerged because he's been in the party for so long right from the days of ACN. His name was substituted with Ortom's who decamped to APC just a couple of days after he contested and lost primary under PDP!!! What manner of injustice is that?? angry angry

Should Tarzor succeed, Benue is done for and the crook Suswam would be in an even bigger trouble (only good aspect of it).

Make dem do pay their workers jor. This 5 months and counting. angry
I don't like the fact that Time was asked to step down for Ortom having lost the primaries from pdp. It shows we don't value our own. Samething happened in the case of Gamade(though he has impressed with his anti-saraki and pdp campaign in the nass despite being a member of pdp in the past).

Akume should allow Orton to make appointments that will accommodate those that sacrificed their ambition for Ortom.

I pray Tarzor don't get through with his case.
Re: Panic In APC Over Benue Governorship Seat by 4lashyme: 5:41pm On Jun 28, 2015
kokoA:
I'd like to know if it is the duty of the court or INEC to determine if a party has a valid candidate or not From my understanding, I may be wrong though, provided INEC has accepted a particular candidate from a party, I think by law that party has the right to stand for that election.. It means the party has a valid candidate according to the law of the land, though in this case we don't know if that valid candidate was Ortom or Jime..

Your line of thought is good. but it does not apply to this case. INEC does not have the power to reject any candidate put forward by a party. It's only the court that can reject a candidate and even a party from an election. that is why the Tribunals and the courts are there. Now the courts look at the election laws to see if the Party and/or the candidate erred in any provisions of the law as bases for judgement. You can have a good candidate, but if by "misjugdement", your party's primaries is not within the provisions of the law, your party will be disqualified - also meaning that u are disqualified. it's painful but true.
Re: Panic In APC Over Benue Governorship Seat by Masculity(m): 5:48pm On Jun 28, 2015
DeHero1:
Where is INTROVERT

she went to eba competition. Lol
Re: Panic In APC Over Benue Governorship Seat by Rexology: 5:51pm On Jun 28, 2015
NewsHub:
Funny!!! PDP/Tarzor has no case. The only way they can have a case is if the APC legal team fails to do their job, and that is unlikely.

For those citing the case of Amaechi and Omehia in Rivers state, remember the final judgement. The court ruled that victory in a general election belongs to a political party and not the candidate.

This case is similar to a case i was very involved in after the 2011 elections. The case was between Comrade Dan Onjeh of the then ACN and Hassan Saleh of the PDP. Dan Onjeh took Hassan Saleh and the PDP to court challenging the victory of Saleh who replaced the actual winner of the PDP primaries, Chris Abah popularly known as Mad lion in Benue.

Dan Onjeh told the court that since Hassan Saleh was not the candidate that emerged as winner of
the PDP primaries, he (Saleh) should be disqualified and Dan Onjeh having come second be declared winner of the house of Reps election.

Both parties presented their arguments and counter arguments with the legal team of the PDP hammering on two points:
1. The matter is an intra-party affair that does not concern Dan Onjeh and the ACN, only a member of the PDP has the right to challenge its primaries.
2. The matter is a pre-election matter hence the Tribunal lacks the jurisdiction to hear the case. The Tribunal is to handle post election matters.

At the end of the day Dan Onjeh and the ACN lost the case with Hon. Hassan Saleh maintaining his position as member representing Okpokwu/Ogbadigbo federal constituency of Benue state.

Terhemen Tarzor and the PDP in Benue should go and sleep. They have no case! After the mess the former governor, Suswam put the state in, it's funny and annoying that PDP thought they could win Benue.

Fact: Samuel Ortom or any APC candidate will remain the Governor of Benue state.
Did APC conduct governorship primary in Benue State?
The Tribunal has the jurisdiction to entertain the case on the arguement that,"APC did not stand for the election and was wrongfully declared the winner"having failed to conduct PRIMARY election as required by the electoral act.
Re: Panic In APC Over Benue Governorship Seat by TheAdvocate(m): 5:51pm On Jun 28, 2015
ZeezaRapture:
For goodness' sake, what concerns PDP with the way APC produced their candidate Did Jonathan pass through primaries election before he emerged the flagbearer of the PDP?? undecided

Group of pained and confused fellows angry

Z.R

The Electoral Act which is the extant law on elections in Nigeria provides that even if a candidate is unopposed, he must be subjected to a primaries for affirmation. If yu will allow ur mind to recall, yu will remember that GEJ went thru that process.
Re: Panic In APC Over Benue Governorship Seat by Caseless: 5:55pm On Jun 28, 2015
chigoizie7:

Noted.

they should do the right thing,that's my own.
ok!
Re: Panic In APC Over Benue Governorship Seat by Rexology: 5:56pm On Jun 28, 2015
Toktee:
extend same qustion to pdp in rivers,benue state,nasarawa state,delta state,even jonathan candidacy was without primaries,so,can you explain why?
But nobody brought any course of action against the candidates from those states you mentioned.
Re: Panic In APC Over Benue Governorship Seat by IbokUtoroh(m): 6:30pm On Jun 28, 2015
Caseless:
Odein ajumogobia and others are challenging the emergence of wike as the candidate of the party in rivers state. So what are u saying?

person from edo state go dey challenge person from rivers, caseless r u okay?
Re: Panic In APC Over Benue Governorship Seat by IbokUtoroh(m): 6:37pm On Jun 28, 2015
omenka:
Frankly Akume overplayed his hand on this one. It would take the grace of God for APC to survive this one. And Ortom has allowed himself as old as he is to be led by the nose by Akume on appointments so far as though he doesn't have a mind of his own.

by ur statement apc played dem ONECHANCE again?
this is serious!
maybe benue is naturally cursed cos no good leader.
tu face comes to mind, very greedy n self centred!
akume wan be like god for benue when baba mark is alive, i can now see y he laughed him off when he publicly begged mark to support his team.
Re: Panic In APC Over Benue Governorship Seat by baralatie(m): 6:44pm On Jun 28, 2015
Rexology:

Law is not what you think, rather is how it is.
You cannot build something out of nothing, do not be sentimental because there is no sentiment with the law.
In the case of Amaechi vs Omehia, Amaechi participated in the primary, and was unjustly subtituted with Omehia by PDP, therefore, PDP was qualified to stood for the election, having conducted the primary as provided in the Electoral act.
In this case, APC did not conduct any PRIMARY as pre-requisite to stand for the election,therefore, in the eyes of the law, as provided in the electoral act, APC was never qualified to stood for the election, having failed to conduct a primary election.
Do you now see the difference? Please don't be emotional about this, am neither an APC nor a PDP supporter. I said things objectively and in consonance with the provisions of the law.Thank you!
I hope a lot of people now understand the issue surrounding this case.
Thank you.you explained it better.
Re: Panic In APC Over Benue Governorship Seat by IbokUtoroh(m): 6:53pm On Jun 28, 2015
NewsHub:

someone that decamped pdp to apc 3days after losing in primaries, ortom is a bonafide pdp man! like it or hate it, e no fit change anythng.
apc just wan dey like cultist, dem fit kill person once they hear apc.
am vry sure u aint from benue but see as u carry person state for head like gala seller.
from inception benue had been bless wif forefront leaders both in pdp n opposition but nothng to show for it in that state.
Re: Panic In APC Over Benue Governorship Seat by Naijapikin1: 8:47pm On Jun 28, 2015
Fire all of them, and let them go to.... Blazes. Someone decamped from PDP few days to election and was accepted by the APC as a gov. Candidate. Where the hell is the ideology. Crap!

Re: Panic In APC Over Benue Governorship Seat by Caseless: 8:59pm On Jun 28, 2015
IbokUtoroh:

person from edo state go dey challenge person from rivers, caseless r u okay?
yeah...I'm a alright. Is rivers state not part of Nigeria and SS anymore?
Re: Panic In APC Over Benue Governorship Seat by NewsHub: 10:51pm On Jun 28, 2015
IbokUtoroh:

someone that decamped pdp to apc 3days after losing in primaries, ortom is a bonafide pdp man! like it or hate it, e no fit change anythng.
apc just wan dey like cultist, dem fit kill person once they hear apc.
am vry sure u aint from benue but see as u carry person state for head like gala seller.
from inception benue had been bless wif forefront leaders both in pdp n opposition but nothng to show for it in that state.
I am not carrying somebody's state on my head...you say i am not from Benue with all certainty. Chairman i am from Benue and i know enough about Benue politics because i have been involved in it. Yes Ortom was in PDP but right now he is in APC just like Senator Akume. The Benue of before, even in the times of Akume as governor is not the Benue of today...Suswam succeded in taking the state 10 years back in his 8 years as governor.
Re: Panic In APC Over Benue Governorship Seat by NewsHub: 11:23pm On Jun 28, 2015
Rexology:

Did APC conduct governorship primary in Benue State?
The Tribunal has the jurisdiction to entertain the case on the arguement that,"APC did not stand for the election and was wrongfully declared the winner"having failed to conduct PRIMARY election as required by the electoral act.
It is still a pre-election and intra-party matter. You should also know that the party's constitution allows for waiver and consensus candidature. Like i said earlier the only way the PDP has a case is if the APC legal team fails to argue their case well.
Re: Panic In APC Over Benue Governorship Seat by BEASTER(m): 12:15am On Jun 29, 2015
Mr Samuel Ortom is the sole candidature of Benue Apc, the party did her primaries by nominating him unopposed just the way PDP did for their Presidential candidate and no amount of court case will unseat Mr Ortom because he is the sole candidate of Benue people.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PDP Elects Kingsley Chinda As Reps Minority Leader / Street Poll: They Don't Know Who Kwankwaso Is In Port Harcourt? (Video) / BREAKING: Boko Haram Captures Another Borno Town

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.