Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,354 members, 7,957,946 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 05:06 AM

Panic In APC Over Benue Governorship Seat - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Panic In APC Over Benue Governorship Seat (29849 Views)

Ondo Governorship Election: Another Crisis Looms In APC Over Deputy Gov. Slot / Tension In Ondo APC Over Alleged Plan To Tamper With Primaries Result / Jibrin Apologises To APC Over Role In Dogara’s Emergence As Speaker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Panic In APC Over Benue Governorship Seat by Rexology: 12:24am On Jun 29, 2015
NewsHub:

It is still a pre-election and intra-party matter. You should also know that the party's constitution allows for waiver and consensus candidature. Like i said earlier the only way the PDP has a case is if the APC legal team fails to argue their case well.
My dear Section 87 (1)2 (3)(4)b of electoral act is clear on how a candidate can emerge.
A similar judgement has been delivered in Edo State, in favor of PDP.
APC aggrieved governorship candidates had, before the general elecion (ie 2014), gone to Abuja high court (not Tribunal) to challenge the emergence of Samuel Ortom as the flag bearer (the case is still pending in court). Whereas PDP approached the election partition Tribunal, praying the court to declare their candidate the winner of the election, arguing that APC NEVER fielded a candidate as at the time of the Election, having failed to conduct primary election as enshrined in section 87 (1)(2)(3)(4)b of the electoral act.
The case which is a pre-election matter is the case filed by the APC aggrieved governorship candidates at the Abuja high court,and not the PDP's case.
Re: Panic In APC Over Benue Governorship Seat by Rexology: 12:38am On Jun 29, 2015
BEASTER:
Mr Samuel Ortom is the sole candidature of Benue Apc, the party did her primaries by nominating him unopposed just the way PDP did for their Presidential candidate and no amount of court case will unseat Mr Ortom because he is the sole candidate of Benue people.
Read section 87 (1)(2)(3)(4)b of the electoral act, you would understand the position of the law in this case. You would also understand the position of the law concerning a 'concensus' or a 'sole' candidate of any political party.
There is no sentiment in law.
Re: Panic In APC Over Benue Governorship Seat by free13: 10:18am On Jun 29, 2015
Hmm.....
Re: Panic In APC Over Benue Governorship Seat by NewsHub: 1:28pm On Jun 29, 2015
Rexology:

My dear Section 87 (1)2 (3)(4)b of electoral act is clear on how a candidate can emerge.
A similar judgement has been delivered in Edo State, in favor of PDP.
APC aggrieved governorship candidates had, before the general elecion (ie 2014), gone to Abuja high court (not Tribunal) to challenge the emergence of Samuel Ortom as the flag bearer (the case is still pending in court). Whereas PDP approached the election partition Tribunal, praying the court to declare their candidate the winner of the election, arguing that APC NEVER fielded a candidate as at the time of the Election, having failed to conduct primary election as enshrined in section 87 (1)(2)(3)(4)b of the electoral act.
The case which is a pre-election matter is the case filed by the APC aggrieved governorship candidates at the Abuja high court,and not the PDP's case.
We are still saying the same thing: I'm aware that aggrieved members of the APC went to court to challenge the emergence of Ortom as the party's candidate. Jime is heading that and he has a case. But PDP has no case because what happened was a case of substitution of candidate. PDP can't claim APC had no candidate in an election that had a candidate sponsored by the party. It still remains a pre-election matter. That was why Jime went to court even before the elections. PDP would have gone to court before the elections and not tribunal. Just follow the case and see how it goes. I still insist PDP has no case. I just talked about a previous case in 2011 in one of my comments on this thread. Jime has a good case if he has a good legal team. The governorship will still remain with APC.
Re: Panic In APC Over Benue Governorship Seat by Rexology: 2:23pm On Jun 29, 2015
NewsHub:

We are still saying the same thing: I'm aware that aggrieved members of the APC went to court to challenge the emergence of Ortom as the party's candidate. Jime is heading that and he has a case. But PDP has no case because what happened was a case of substitution of candidate. PDP can't claim APC had no candidate in an election that had a candidate sponsored by the party. It still remains a pre-election matter. That was why Jime went to court even before the elections. PDP would have gone to court before the elections and not tribunal. Just follow the case and see how it goes. I still insist PDP has no case. I just talked about a previous case in 2011 in one of my comments on this thread. Jime has a good case if he has a good legal team. The governorship will still remain with APC.
NO! That's where you got it wrong.The case is not a case of SUBTITUTION of candidate by APC, its a case of non compliance of the provision of the electoral act by APC, having failed to conduct PRIMARY election before the election, thereby disqualifying them (APC) not their candidate from participating in the election.In the eyes of the law, APC as a political party did not participate in that election.
A political party must have to win election before talking about which candidate was duely elected in their primary,but in this case, APC as a political party has no winning to share amongst their candidates. They were NEVER qualified in the first place to participate in the election. Please we are never saying the same thing.
The only way APC can come out of this,is to plead with those aggrieved candidates to withdraw their case and regularize the candidature of either Ortom or Jime(that's if its not too late already, because so many documents have been tendered in both courts)

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Boko Haram's Video On Abduction Of Policewomen Released By Its Leader / Kabiru Gaya: 'South-South, South-East Are Not Politically Relevant' / PDP Elects Kingsley Chinda As Reps Minority Leader

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.