Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:02 AM

Buhari- Continue To Use Eagle One Jet Or Build Helipad And Use Helicopter - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari- Continue To Use Eagle One Jet Or Build Helipad And Use Helicopter (1086 Views)

2019 Elections; Nigeria Will Collapse If North/buhari Continue Ruling - ACF / PHOTO: Former Senate President David Mark's HELIPAD In Benue / Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari- Continue To Use Eagle One Jet Or Build Helipad And Use Helicopter by izzieman: 2:53pm On Jun 28, 2015
After reading a headline here about a Helipad being built in Daura, the President's home town to enable him travel to his country home by Helicopter instead of the current practice of flying in a jet to Katsina Airport and then travelling by road to Daura Airport, my first emotion was anger at the new government.

Instead of getting eaten up by the title of the post, I decided to do a comparative analysis of both options and came up with the following.

Option 1 - ABUJA-KATSINA AIRPORT BY JET, KATSINA-DAURA BY ROAD-KATSINA AIRPORT-ABUJA AIRPORT
Hourly operating cost of Boeing 737-700 = $6,864= N1,372,800 per hour
1½ hours per trip - N2,059,200
Driving Presidential Ground transportation to Katsina Airport and then to Daura and back to Katsina Airport and Abuja
N100,000.
Cost per trip – N2,159,200
6 trips in one year = N12,955,200

Helipad Option
Max cost of building Helipad – N2,000,000
Hourly operating cost of Augusta/Westland 139 helicopter = $2,136 = N427,200
2 hours per trip - N854,400
6 Trips per year - N5,126,400
Helicopter cost plus Helipad – N7,126,400

In the end I believe cutting down on the use of the Boeing 737 Presidential jet will save Nigeria a lot of money. I think the fact that the President is even contemplating cost saving measures should be commended. This is definitely in contrast to a function in Uganda in the recent past where we had three of our Presidential jets in Kampala such that Ugandan Comedians were making fun of us.

Apart from the financial cost to the public purse, we also have to take into consideration the logistical inconvenience to the public in Abuja (Aso Rock to Airport to Aso Rock) and (Katsina Airport to Daura to Katsina Airport).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari- Continue To Use Eagle One Jet Or Build Helipad And Use Helicopter by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jun 28, 2015
Cool
Re: Buhari- Continue To Use Eagle One Jet Or Build Helipad And Use Helicopter by 234GT(m): 3:01pm On Jun 28, 2015
Keep shielding Buhari. You guys have not thought of how his official cars will get to Daura. Or will he be using private cars there? Or he will buy a new set of official cars and station them permanently in Daura to save the cost of fuelling the existing ones from Abuja to Daura lol! Confusion everywhere!

@Op, how did you come about all those figures? Do you think you are addressing SS1 students? You just cooked up some imaginary figures up there and you want us to work with those figures?

Buhari should sit his lean ass at Aso Rock and tackle Nigeria's problems.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari- Continue To Use Eagle One Jet Or Build Helipad And Use Helicopter by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jun 28, 2015
It changeth ntin.
Re: Buhari- Continue To Use Eagle One Jet Or Build Helipad And Use Helicopter by LordMecuzy(m): 3:20pm On Jun 28, 2015
It's cheaper using a Puma Helicopter.. But I don't think it's wise and safe for a Nigerian President to constantly use it.

Tho I want government to cut down and reduce all financial leakages, But not on this issue plsssss..
Re: Buhari- Continue To Use Eagle One Jet Or Build Helipad And Use Helicopter by Unblockable: 3:55pm On Jun 28, 2015
[s]
234GT:
Keep shielding Buhari. You guys have not thought of how his official cars will get to Daura. Or will he be using private cars there? Or he will buy a new set of official cars and station them permanently in Daura to save the cost of fuelling the existing ones from Abuja to Daura lol! Confusion everywhere!

@Op, how did you come about all those figures? Do you think you are addressing SS1 students? You just cooked up some imaginary figures up there and you want us to work with those figures?

[/s]

Shut up! You have nothing meaningful to contribute to this topic. Keep you fingers crossed and watch what the intellectuals have to say!
Re: Buhari- Continue To Use Eagle One Jet Or Build Helipad And Use Helicopter by baralatie(m): 4:05pm On Jun 28, 2015
hahahahahahahahahahahHaha! I am here to read. ........,.....

you all know naaa!
Re: Buhari- Continue To Use Eagle One Jet Or Build Helipad And Use Helicopter by chrisblack: 4:24pm On Jun 28, 2015
Unblockable:
[s][/s]

Shut up! You have nothing meaningful to contribute to this topic. Keep you fingers crossed and watch what the intellectuals have to say!
i concur.some treads are meant for only the intellectuals.some people without well developed cognitive and reasoning abilty,just jump on topics without properly reading it to understand the subject matter
Re: Buhari- Continue To Use Eagle One Jet Or Build Helipad And Use Helicopter by izzieman: 5:45pm On Jun 29, 2015
234GT:

I have absolutely no need or desire to shield Buhari. The figures I gave are based on the Operating costs that the manufacturers of those planes and the aviation industry use.

(1) (Reply)

Edo State NLC Threatens Gov. Adam Oshiomole Over Unpaid Salaries / How Was Time Ascertained Before The Clock Invention? / Katsina State Lg Councils Dissolution And The Law Behind The Verdict -

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.