Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,882 members, 7,824,692 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:21 PM

Edo State NLC Threatens Gov. Adam Oshiomole Over Unpaid Salaries - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo State NLC Threatens Gov. Adam Oshiomole Over Unpaid Salaries (1088 Views)

PDP Takes Campaign To Adam Oshiomole Senatorial District (pics) / FUEL SCARCITY: NLC Threatens To Order Workers To Down Tools If… / Usa Write’s Oshiomole Over $6b Stolen Fund’s Comment — Spy Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo State NLC Threatens Gov. Adam Oshiomole Over Unpaid Salaries by darmys(f): 4:28pm On Jul 01, 2015
The Nigerian Labour congress in Edo state have threatened to go on strike, if the State government refuse to pay their salaries.The state NLC gave the ultimatum when thousands of aggrieved local government employees marched to the union’s state secretariat along James Watts Street, off Mission Road in the Benin City, the state capital.

The aggrieved employees have been on a month-long protest over the non-payment of their salaries by 14 out of the 18 councils in the state.

The union had in several protests lamented that many of the workers were owned between one to eight months.

It is interesting to note that Governor Adams Oshiomole became a household name in Nigeria while he was the NLC chairman. He used to fight for them. Now he is owing them!

Source http://daminaija..com/2015/07/edo-state-nlc-threatens-gov-adam.html

Re: Edo State NLC Threatens Gov. Adam Oshiomole Over Unpaid Salaries by ifeanyija(m): 4:29pm On Jul 01, 2015
Apc, is this the change?
Re: Edo State NLC Threatens Gov. Adam Oshiomole Over Unpaid Salaries by asumo12: 4:30pm On Jul 01, 2015
Re: Edo State NLC Threatens Gov. Adam Oshiomole Over Unpaid Salaries by mistabiola: 4:30pm On Jul 01, 2015
cheesy
Re: Edo State NLC Threatens Gov. Adam Oshiomole Over Unpaid Salaries by darmys(f): 4:32pm On Jul 01, 2015
asumo12:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
this made me laugh really loud
Re: Edo State NLC Threatens Gov. Adam Oshiomole Over Unpaid Salaries by oyindare(m): 4:33pm On Jul 01, 2015
Just in case
Re: Edo State NLC Threatens Gov. Adam Oshiomole Over Unpaid Salaries by temitemi1(m): 4:33pm On Jul 01, 2015
All these Onigbese reffering to themselves as 'progressives' grin grin grin
Re: Edo State NLC Threatens Gov. Adam Oshiomole Over Unpaid Salaries by dotwyz: 4:39pm On Jul 01, 2015
But this NLC got me laugh.... sha. Even the workers are slam for their own salaries. Let alone NLC. They better cooling down for their turn.
Re: Edo State NLC Threatens Gov. Adam Oshiomole Over Unpaid Salaries by merry02(m): 5:00pm On Jul 01, 2015
This man need to be tested...he owns salary nd still rant on media?can Aregbesola rant on media now?
Re: Edo State NLC Threatens Gov. Adam Oshiomole Over Unpaid Salaries by richidinho(m): 5:02pm On Jul 01, 2015
He is owing salaries sef...Edo people shld kidnapp dat woman, their money will come out
Re: Edo State NLC Threatens Gov. Adam Oshiomole Over Unpaid Salaries by Ephemmm: 5:25pm On Jul 01, 2015
Although not vindicating Aregbesola, it is amazing how PDP apologist, especially our brother from East forget to remove the filth in their own eyes, while concentrating on Osun, despite the fact that Osun was not the only states owing salaries up to six months. I can hardly count how many threads that have been opened against Aregberascal tongue tongue tongue in spite of the fact that he is not the only governor in this shoe.

Up till now, about five to six states are in the same level of indebtedness with Osun state, yet 'saboteurs' like to keep this under the carpet. Osun is trailing behind Abia and Enugu in terms of indebtedness to workers, there is no doubt about that. This link or any further study can be an eye-opener - http://lindaikeji..com/2015/05/18-states-owe-civil-servants-salary-in.html

This is an indication that it is time for diversification of economy instead of monoculture economy: God bless Nigeria.
Re: Edo State NLC Threatens Gov. Adam Oshiomole Over Unpaid Salaries by Princess042(f): 5:34pm On Jul 01, 2015
So the former NLC chairman is also owing....
Re: Edo State NLC Threatens Gov. Adam Oshiomole Over Unpaid Salaries by sosanova: 5:47pm On Jul 01, 2015
[size=13pt]Oshiomole will still blame Okonjo Iweala for his inability to pay Edo State workers yet he can pay millions for Bride price for his Foreign wife Lara.
yet some Indomie brain people will come on Nairaland n Twitter to abuse Okonjo Iweala over propagandish statements made by Oshiomole n his fellow useless governors against Okonjo Iweala just to cover up their abysmal laundering of their various state treasuries
[/size]
Re: Edo State NLC Threatens Gov. Adam Oshiomole Over Unpaid Salaries by lunaticfringe: 5:57pm On Jul 01, 2015
Oshomouth you are a disgrace to NLC. You who fought for the the rights of workers whilst you were a captain now mete out same maltreatment on them having attained the status of a colonel. If I call you wicked, then I would be a kind soul..
Re: Edo State NLC Threatens Gov. Adam Oshiomole Over Unpaid Salaries by OKKO(m): 6:09pm On Jul 01, 2015
@Ephemm:
Big lie!!!! I don't know about Abia but in Enugu, state employed civil servants gets their pay on 25th dot, since 3 years now, last month has since been paid. Pensioners are been owed for last month currently.
There is also serious infrastructural development going on in Enugu State. Go to Enugu thread on NL and see for yourself.
If U drive streets of Enugu at night walahi U will think Ur in London.
Sometimes I think were the Gov. got the money for all that...
Re: Edo State NLC Threatens Gov. Adam Oshiomole Over Unpaid Salaries by Tecnonews24: 6:22pm On Jul 01, 2015
This man only know how to run his mouth but lacks the capacity to govern a state. hypocrite.
Re: Edo State NLC Threatens Gov. Adam Oshiomole Over Unpaid Salaries by darmys(f): 6:29pm On Jul 01, 2015
the irony of this for me is that he used to be on the other side of the fence
Re: Edo State NLC Threatens Gov. Adam Oshiomole Over Unpaid Salaries by ephemm(m): 11:01am On Jul 02, 2015
OKKO:
@Ephemm:
Big lie!!!! I don't know about Abia but in Enugu, state employed civil servants gets their pay on 25th dot, since 3 years now, last month has since been paid. Pensioners are been owed for last month currently.
There is also serious infrastructural development going on in Enugu State. Go to Enugu thread on NL and see for yourself.
If U drive streets of Enugu at night walahi U will think Ur in London.
Sometimes I think were the Gov. got the money for all that...

This quote is meant for @Ephemmm not @Ephemm
Re: Edo State NLC Threatens Gov. Adam Oshiomole Over Unpaid Salaries by ephemm(m): 11:06am On Jul 02, 2015
darmys:
The Nigerian Labour congress in Edo state have threatened to go on strike, if the State government refuse to pay their salaries.The state NLC gave the ultimatum when thousands of aggrieved local government employees marched to the union’s state secretariat along James Watts Street, off Mission Road in the Benin City, the state capital.

The aggrieved employees have been on a month-long protest over the non-payment of their salaries by 14 out of the 18 councils in the state.

The union had in several protests lamented that many of the workers were owned between one to eight months.

It is interesting to note that Governor Adams Oshiomole became a household name in Nigeria while he was the NLC chairman. He used to fight for them. Now he is owing them!

Source http://daminaija..com/2015/07/edo-state-nlc-threatens-gov-adam.html

Should FG be held responsible for the salaries being owed by State government?

If some LG in Edo state have paid their workers salary, why are others owing?

I don't think Lara's husband should be held responsible by these councils workers.
Re: Edo State NLC Threatens Gov. Adam Oshiomole Over Unpaid Salaries by darmys(f): 11:18am On Jul 02, 2015
ephemm:

Should FG be held responsible for the salaries being owed by State government?

If some LG in Edo state have paid their workers salary, why are others owing?

I don't think Lara's husband should be held responsible by these councils workers.

they have to hold him responsible.
he is the governor.
he can now look into why they have not been paid.
if he has released the money to the relevant authorities.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Backtracks, Appoints New SSS Chief “acting” DG / PHOTOS: South African Police Raid Parkland: Area With Dense Nigerian Polpulation / DSS Withdraws From Dasuki’s House… South Africa Returns Seized Cash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.