Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,542 members, 7,823,379 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:19 AM

On The Saraki-Tinubu Comparison; An Addendum And A Response To Barcanista - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / On The Saraki-Tinubu Comparison; An Addendum And A Response To Barcanista (8084 Views)

Saraki, Tinubu’s Wife In Plenary Drama,scene 3 / Why Saraki, Tinubu, Atiku Met In Aso Rock Without Buhari / See How Nigerians Are Reacting To The Saraki Debacle On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: On The Saraki-Tinubu Comparison; An Addendum And A Response To Barcanista by Whynotthetruth(m): 3:57pm On Jun 28, 2015
iPopAlomo:

Hanhan... did they not send PM to each other nii...?! how's that a dirty thought...

If nobody finds you worthy of accepting your PM, why jealous and insult others?...Get a life... good pm

1 Like

Re: On The Saraki-Tinubu Comparison; An Addendum And A Response To Barcanista by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jun 28, 2015
MizMyColi:

Now, you should understand why I took the initiative.
Now I understand. Wheeeew
Re: On The Saraki-Tinubu Comparison; An Addendum And A Response To Barcanista by MizMyColi(f): 3:59pm On Jun 28, 2015
DropShot:

Your opinion of his "prowess" is perhaps because you're politically naive. What happened with Saraki could have happened with anyone not annointed by APC given the fact that PDP had vowed to do a "Tambuwal" to APC as they did to them. And PDP getting the DSP was just as a result of APC senators not present on the day of inauguration. Though they could also have gotten it based on an alleged pact Saraki but would surely have been tougher had apc senators been around.

My Political Naivety or Not does not exclude the fact that prior to that thread being created, and Saraki's ultimate emergence, most PDP supporters felt a sense of all round loss in the grand scheme of things.

Also, who could have thought at the time, that Saraki could/would beat Tinubu at his game?
I didn't.
No APC supporter saw it coming nor even gave it a second thought.
It was either Tinubu's way or the highway.

That should suffice for something for Barca.
He led the thought process on Saraki's possible emergence.
It paid off, big timegrin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: On The Saraki-Tinubu Comparison; An Addendum And A Response To Barcanista by DropShot: 3:59pm On Jun 28, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

I am not defending anybody but simply wanna let you know that there isn't anything like consistency with issues...

You base your judgement on data available to you at each point in time and as a rational being MUST shift ground when superior information is made available to you...

It is only fanatics, cultists, and deranged persons who won't change their opinion based on superior information countering their original belief...

And finally, it takes a courageous man and principled man to say; I am sorry; my initial stance is flawed...This is where I am now...
I can't fault your submission on general principle. However, on the subject matter, the guy's inconsistencies cannot be excused with that argument.

I mean, what additional info can make one who clearly provided facts and figures (of public knowledge) to prove that GEJ was corrupt, to later canverse for same man to be retained? And he did that without any evidence to say the man was no longer corrupt; only saying that "we can change within PDP".

11 Likes

Re: On The Saraki-Tinubu Comparison; An Addendum And A Response To Barcanista by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jun 28, 2015
MabraO:

At them embolded
U ve said that times without number
U know a liar has no memory hence the reason y u forgot
You mistake "GEJ is a democratic hero" for "GEJ is not corrupt"
Re: On The Saraki-Tinubu Comparison; An Addendum And A Response To Barcanista by iPopAlomo(m): 4:00pm On Jun 28, 2015
MizMyColi:

You needn't tow such line of thought Bro. It's unnecessary and false.
Good Afternoon and Happy Sunday/Ramadan Kareem.

I don't remember accusing you... but yansh in street terms means women...
Re: On The Saraki-Tinubu Comparison; An Addendum And A Response To Barcanista by DropShot: 4:04pm On Jun 28, 2015
MizMyColi:

My Political Naivety or Not does not exclude the fact that prior to that thread being created, and Saraki's ultimate emergence, most PDP supporters felt a sense of all round loss in the grand scheme of things.

Also, who could have thought at the time, that Saraki could/would beat Tinubu at his game?
I didn't.

You're free to hold on to your opinion but there are enough examples to prove that many APC guys feared that what happened could actually happen and one person that consistently voiced it out was Kwankwaso. How many times did he warn APC about it? More than four occasions he did. Same with some of us on this forum. Only if I can search for my posts on it.

1 Like

Re: On The Saraki-Tinubu Comparison; An Addendum And A Response To Barcanista by iPopAlomo(m): 4:05pm On Jun 28, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

If nobody finds you worthy of accepting your PM, why jealous and insult others?...Get a life... good pm

I still don't remember insulting anyone for sending PMs... it's still midday... why are you attacking like a rabid dog...

*that's a question*

8 Likes

Re: On The Saraki-Tinubu Comparison; An Addendum And A Response To Barcanista by NgeneUkwenu(f): 4:06pm On Jun 28, 2015
You whip him into line.... cheesy!

Anyway, this sounds more like a lamentation thread to me... But wetin concern me sef?

lalasticlala, Ishilove, abeg take this thread to Romance Section. Thank You angry

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: On The Saraki-Tinubu Comparison; An Addendum And A Response To Barcanista by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jun 28, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

I already did bro...Anytime such threads that pander to APC by way of advising them on how to put their house in order etc are opened by you; my gift will be a resounding silence to the thread because I am in opposition... Unless APC falters, I cannot gain...so why help them not to falter...this is politics not religion bro
Well, maybe my own brand of politics is different or maybe I'm not the typical naija kind of politician (lol).
Re: On The Saraki-Tinubu Comparison; An Addendum And A Response To Barcanista by MizMyColi(f): 4:07pm On Jun 28, 2015
DropShot:

You're free to hold on to your opinion but there are enough examples to prove that many APC guys feared that what happened could actually happen and one person that consistently voiced it out was Kwankwaso. How many times did he warn APC about it? More than four occasions he did. Same with some of us on this forum. Only if I can search for my posts on it.

Many?
Really?

Well, if you say so.
smiley
Re: On The Saraki-Tinubu Comparison; An Addendum And A Response To Barcanista by MizMyColi(f): 4:09pm On Jun 28, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
You whip him into line.... cheesy!

Anyway, this sounds more like a lamentation thread to me... But wetin concern me sef?

lalasticlala, Ishilove, abeg take this thread to Romance Section. Thank You angry
gringrin

2 Likes

Re: On The Saraki-Tinubu Comparison; An Addendum And A Response To Barcanista by kinglekan: 4:10pm On Jun 28, 2015
Interesting stuff
Re: On The Saraki-Tinubu Comparison; An Addendum And A Response To Barcanista by Whynotthetruth(m): 4:10pm On Jun 28, 2015
DropShot:

Your opinion of his "prowess" is perhaps because you're politically naive. What happened with Saraki could have happened with anyone not annointed by APC given the fact that PDP had vowed to do a "Tambuwal" to APC as they did to them. And PDP getting the DSP was just as a result of APC senators not present on the day of inauguration. Though they could also have gotten it based on an alleged pact Saraki but would surely have been tougher had apc senators been around.

@bolded...I challenge you this day to do your own analysis which would sound coherent, logical and realistic...I need to confirm your ingenuity, smartness, prowess and sagacity in political analysis... otherwise you will be termed as a sadist and myopic bingo who's jealous of another's superior gift and prowess...because I am intimidated by barcanista apt analysis of political issues and events as much as Mizmycoli is...

Remember to copy us or me in your threads plzzzz...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: On The Saraki-Tinubu Comparison; An Addendum And A Response To Barcanista by DropShot: 4:11pm On Jun 28, 2015
MizMyColi:

Many?
Really?

Well, if you say so.
smiley
At least you cannot deny that of Kwamkwaso. I may have forgotten a few others who voiced their fear but I am sure it was not only Kwankwaso.
Only that I am using phone now, I could have easily searched for some posts of APC's supporters here who equally voiced the same sentiments.
Re: On The Saraki-Tinubu Comparison; An Addendum And A Response To Barcanista by DropShot: 4:12pm On Jun 28, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

@bolded...I challenge you this day to do your own analysis which would sound coherent, logical and realistic...I need to confirm your ingenuity, smartness, prowess and sagacity in political analysis... otherwise you will be termed as a sadist and myopic bingo who's jealous of another's superior gift and prowess...because I am intimidated by barcanista apt analysis of political issues and events as much as Mizmycoli is...

Remember to copy us or me in your threads plzzzz...
Has it come to name calling already?

Done with the thread.

3 Likes

Re: On The Saraki-Tinubu Comparison; An Addendum And A Response To Barcanista by duality(m): 4:13pm On Jun 28, 2015
@op and others, as I stated on that thread, I said it that the thread by barcanista was unnecessary. I understand his position but it was too early and also suspicious for some of us. More importantly was that we needed to see how things play out. I believe barcanista know that APC of today is organically a minority in the national assembly. I don't need to go into details, he should know. He should know,he's smart enough.
Re: On The Saraki-Tinubu Comparison; An Addendum And A Response To Barcanista by MabraO: 4:13pm On Jun 28, 2015
barcanista:

It's a pity that this topic is not well informative enough for d progressives to come nd air their views
Like I said before "A liar has no memory"
Wen I come across ur comment on that I will bring ur attention to it.
I hope u wouldn't go nd change them like u did to all ur thread after u saw ur hero conseded defeat

7 Likes

Re: On The Saraki-Tinubu Comparison; An Addendum And A Response To Barcanista by iPopAlomo(m): 4:14pm On Jun 28, 2015
barcanista:

errrr... observation... you're in the opposition now... You can't categorically call GEJ corrupt... You confuse peeps like whynotthetruth and other thugs... state your case and stand firm... have the ability to see red and maintain it's colour green... problem with you is that... you're trying so hard to be objective when clearly you shouldn't... You should consider joining KOWA... THAT WAY YOU CAN BE AS OBJECTIVE AS YOU WILL...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: On The Saraki-Tinubu Comparison; An Addendum And A Response To Barcanista by patrickmuf(m): 4:14pm On Jun 28, 2015
MizMyColi:

I didn't.

You're being delusional here to say he led the thought process...That's why someone said you're politically naive...Your assertion would have held sway if ordinary Nigerians had any say in the election safe for Senators and other high ranking politicians even then, the population of Nairalanders is negligible to say the least...
It's cool to give kudos for an achievement/feat worthwhile but i'm sorry this one doesn't count...

13 Likes

Re: On The Saraki-Tinubu Comparison; An Addendum And A Response To Barcanista by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jun 28, 2015
DropShot:
And what did his defection achieve for PDP and its sympathizers here? Didn't they lose woefully at the polls?

NL is fun to be indeed!

And what asset is in him that is very inconsistent on issues?.

I am not talking about being consistent about supporting a party when it's silly to do so. I am talking about being consistent with same issues all the time and every time.

What good can come out of someone who says GEJ was epitome of corruption, giving facts and figures today; only to start telling us that the chsnge Nigeria needed can be achieved within the same PDP with GEJ as the president?

The guy is no different from a typical Nigerian politician - anywhere his bread can be buttered is where he pitches his tent.
thankss mizmycoli, I will answer you @ dropshot the Nigerian way.

How come the same Saraki that rebelled with some governors against PDP and join APC which was applauded and called progressives are now called TRAITORS by your lot today because he disregarded APC directive to emerge speaker

2 Likes

Re: On The Saraki-Tinubu Comparison; An Addendum And A Response To Barcanista by DropShot: 4:20pm On Jun 28, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
thankss mizmycoli, I will answer you @ dropshot the Nigerian way.

How come the same Saraki that rebelled with some governors against PDP and join APC which was applauded and called progressives are now called TRAITORS by your lot today because he disregarded APC directive to emerge speaker
A defector is not same as a traitor.

10 Likes

Re: On The Saraki-Tinubu Comparison; An Addendum And A Response To Barcanista by Whynotthetruth(m): 4:21pm On Jun 28, 2015
DropShot:

I can't fault your submission on general principle. However, on the subject matter, the guy's inconsistencies cannot be excused with that argument.

I mean, what additional info can make one who clearly provided facts and figures (of public knowledge) to prove that GEJ was corrupt, to later canverse for same man to be retained? And he did that without any evidence to say the man was no longer corrupt; only saying that "we can change within PDP".

1)Buhari's inconsistencies is enough reason to dump him...

2)I maintain that Jonathan isn't corrupt... that his associates are corrupt to me doesn't make him corrupt... If buhari is said not to be corrupt even when he dines with filth; why crucify Jonathan for same?...Judge all with same yardstick bro...

4)He screamed that Jonathan's accusations were facts while buhari's accusations were propaganda... and later did vice versa...He emphasized Jonathan's mistakes and hyped buhaei virtues and later did vice versa....So what is there?...What about it?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: On The Saraki-Tinubu Comparison; An Addendum And A Response To Barcanista by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jun 28, 2015
Whynotthetruth:
Truth is that I am yet to confront barca on the said thread...because inasmuch as I feel he should not open such threads which pander him to APC, but still I cannot deny him his inalienable right to self expression and also freedom to voice his opinion as he deems fit...

I decided that anytime such threads are opened by him, I would rather ignore them and move on, than drop even as much as a comma on it...I have done this to his last two threads...I am in opposition and should not be seen advising or helping the ruling party to adjust their ideas and folds...There mistake and failure is my gain...that's politics...politics isn't about morality but constitutionality...

But in all, PDP family is by far more tolerant and brotherly than APC conglomerate of strange fellows...
I remember I had my reservations for that thread but my comment was still an opinion I hold in high esteem which is *The enemy of my enemy is my friend*, I remember seeing a post where barcanista countered it but I kept my cool because Our opinions can't be the same on all matters

2 Likes

Re: On The Saraki-Tinubu Comparison; An Addendum And A Response To Barcanista by kaboninc(m): 4:22pm On Jun 28, 2015
Whynotthetruth:
There mistake and failure is my gain...that's politics...politics isn't about morality but constitutionality...

That's just all!

1 Like

Re: On The Saraki-Tinubu Comparison; An Addendum And A Response To Barcanista by kaboninc(m): 4:27pm On Jun 28, 2015
DropShot:

You talk of traitors...do not absolve Kwankwaso.

1 Like

Re: On The Saraki-Tinubu Comparison; An Addendum And A Response To Barcanista by baralatie(m): 4:28pm On Jun 28, 2015
DropShot:
And what did his defection achieve for PDP and its sympathizers here? Didn't they lose woefully at the polls?

NL is fun to be indeed!

And what asset is in him that is very inconsistent on issues?.

I am not talking about being consistent about supporting a party when it's silly to do so. I am talking about being consistent with same issues all the time and every time.

What good can come out of someone who says GEJ was epitome of corruption, giving facts and figures today; only to start telling us that the chsnge Nigeria needed can be achieved within the same PDP with GEJ as the president?

The guy is no different from a typical Nigerian politician - anywhere his bread can be buttered is where he pitches his tent.
passing shot is this your new handle?
Re: On The Saraki-Tinubu Comparison; An Addendum And A Response To Barcanista by Whynotthetruth(m): 4:29pm On Jun 28, 2015
DropShot:
Has it come to name calling already?
Done with the thread.
Don't pick an excuse to run away...
Nobody called you any name(s) whatsoever...
It is when you don't get right the challenge that the name holds...

1 Like

Re: On The Saraki-Tinubu Comparison; An Addendum And A Response To Barcanista by kaboninc(m): 4:31pm On Jun 28, 2015
barcanista:
Well, maybe my own brand of politics is different or maybe I'm not the typical naija kind of politician (lol).

My brother, you need to re-evaluate your "brand of politics".

There's no such thing as a "reformist" in politics. Either you're putting on a white hat or black hat.

In fact, you "advice" only if you'd benefit in the end.
Re: On The Saraki-Tinubu Comparison; An Addendum And A Response To Barcanista by baralatie(m): 4:32pm On Jun 28, 2015
DropShot:
A defector is not same as a traitor.
now this is a good example of how to tell "a very good lie"

2 Likes

Re: On The Saraki-Tinubu Comparison; An Addendum And A Response To Barcanista by Whynotthetruth(m): 4:32pm On Jun 28, 2015
barcanista:

You're one...kindly read through all the comments here...for more discussion later...
Re: On The Saraki-Tinubu Comparison; An Addendum And A Response To Barcanista by ndcide(m): 4:34pm On Jun 28, 2015
patrickmuf:
You're being delusional here to say he led the thought process...That's why someone said you're politically naive...Your assertion would have held sway if ordinary Nigerians had any say in the election safe for Senators and other high ranking politicians even then, the population of Nairalanders is negligible to say the least...
It's cool to give kudos for an achievement/feat worthwhile but i'm sorry this one doesn't count...

You obviously don't know the people who visit this forum. Maybe not PDP but APC is resident here. Take it to bank.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

We Have No Refugees In Benin Republic – Ogun Govt / Photo: Tomatoes Everywhere But No Buyers / Igbo Designers Launched #dot-in-a-circle T-shirt (onye Dot)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.