Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,840 members, 7,817,482 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:59 PM

Deplorable State Of Okota Road (PHOTOS) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Deplorable State Of Okota Road (PHOTOS) (26981 Views)

Deplorable State Of Enugu-onitsha Federal Road (pics, Video) / Photos: Reconstruction Of Okota Road, Isolo Lagos In Progress / Daura Motel: The Only Hotel In Buhari’s Town In Deplorable State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Deplorable State Of Okota Road (PHOTOS) by busayochic: 4:11pm On Jun 28, 2015
These pictures were taken today 28th of June 2015 at 7am.

These pictures depict the deplorable state of Okota road. What is even most disturbing is the fact that this road is not listed as part of the roads earmarked to be fixed by the LASG.

http://insidemainland.com/checkout-the-roads-lagos-state-have-scheduled-for-repairs-in-your-area/

3 Likes

Re: Deplorable State Of Okota Road (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jun 28, 2015
Chisos...
Jehovah,thank you,i hav hit FTC first day of the week,its a blessd week for
I dedicate my victory to all Edos on NL,and my baby mama Eno.

(singing "Bring it On")

6 Likes

Re: Deplorable State Of Okota Road (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jun 28, 2015
Kai...
No need to panick Mate...
It will be fixed...

1 Like

Re: Deplorable State Of Okota Road (PHOTOS) by busayochic: 4:15pm On Jun 28, 2015
More

Re: Deplorable State Of Okota Road (PHOTOS) by chinchum(m): 4:18pm On Jun 28, 2015
Have u sent a petition to the address on the list of roads to be fixed thread, or you are simply playing to the gallery?

5 Likes

Re: Deplorable State Of Okota Road (PHOTOS) by adconline(m): 4:20pm On Jun 28, 2015
One of the worst roads in Lagos!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Deplorable State Of Okota Road (PHOTOS) by Barselonia(m): 4:21pm On Jun 28, 2015
Baddd But not as bad as rukpowku, obio /akpor international market road,along SARS in portharcourt ..... that 1 bad to the extend that u would b picking bumper and rim cover from the water .....
Anyways, I still Rep portharcourt... Yoruba boy claiming portharcourt grin

10 Likes

Re: Deplorable State Of Okota Road (PHOTOS) by busayochic: 4:21pm On Jun 28, 2015
More
busayochic:
More

Re: Deplorable State Of Okota Road (PHOTOS) by publicenemy(m): 4:21pm On Jun 28, 2015
There is no much work for the newly elected Lagos state Governor to do... He should not just be thinking about fixing these few roads that are bad, he should be thinking about alternatives to the heavy usage of these roads, by building railways to work withing lagos as well as expanding the roads or even subway stations...

Lagos has gotten to that level.

3 Likes

Re: Deplorable State Of Okota Road (PHOTOS) by sukkot: 4:22pm On Jun 28, 2015
still looks better than the one posted a day ago about abakaliki roads. in this one you can see tar, albeit potted here and there. in the aba one it is pure red mud

having said all that, i think this is a job opportunity waited to be exploited. someone should open up companies for tarring road and then hustle for govt contracts. a bunch of you niggas need to get together. put your money together and form a conglomerate. but noooooo you niggas are looking for work.

9 Likes

Re: Deplorable State Of Okota Road (PHOTOS) by Minet16(m): 4:22pm On Jun 28, 2015
From Apple junction to Last bus stop to Ago palace. The road is nothing to write home about. Reasons being the fact that not just okota alone but Amuwo Odofin LGA as a whole, belongs to PDP. It isn't a good phenomenom that the state government carries out projects in areas where their party is recognised. I believe Ambode this time won't be sentimental. Major roads should be done despite the party dominant in the area. Ambode don't let them down, Lagos is counting on you

#@MINET16

19 Likes

Re: Deplorable State Of Okota Road (PHOTOS) by Ucheosefoh(m): 4:23pm On Jun 28, 2015
Eko oni baje

1 Like

Re: Deplorable State Of Okota Road (PHOTOS) by Welrez(m): 4:24pm On Jun 28, 2015
Fashola has performed well, indeed. It is GEJ fault! Smh

9 Likes

Re: Deplorable State Of Okota Road (PHOTOS) by global07(m): 4:25pm On Jun 28, 2015
This road still good small na. Come and check NNPC to ikotun road you will weep for the cars that pass the road most especially when it rains.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deplorable State Of Okota Road (PHOTOS) by InvertedHammer: 4:25pm On Jun 28, 2015
/
Deplorable?

Maybe you are new in Lagos.

This is one of the best.
\

10 Likes

Re: Deplorable State Of Okota Road (PHOTOS) by ideologies(m): 4:25pm On Jun 28, 2015
I blame GEJ

Hehehe

75% OF roads in Lagos are substandard or in deplorable state. Drainages are built with moulded blocks in place of reinforcements. Potholes everywhere except few area on lekki and ikoyi and fly overs grin

#LagoonEko

8 Likes

Re: Deplorable State Of Okota Road (PHOTOS) by Abugab(m): 4:25pm On Jun 28, 2015
Send an email with the pictures to LSPWC. All roads and areas couldn't have been captured but you guys need to send the pics and also call the number provided to followup.
Re: Deplorable State Of Okota Road (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jun 28, 2015
Tankholes
Re: Deplorable State Of Okota Road (PHOTOS) by borlarge(m): 4:27pm On Jun 28, 2015
Re: Deplorable State Of Okota Road (PHOTOS) by dedons: 4:27pm On Jun 28, 2015
It took Fashola donkey years to fix the Ago palace road which he didn't even complete...

I wonder if the state government will even see this...

Apc has something against oshodi-isolo local government area...

Cos that road has been lyk that for sometime now without the government looking into it...

We only see them during election campaigns...

6 Likes

Re: Deplorable State Of Okota Road (PHOTOS) by manuelpepper: 4:29pm On Jun 28, 2015
they are waiting for federal government to come and fix it for them

7 Likes

Re: Deplorable State Of Okota Road (PHOTOS) by niceguy7(m): 4:30pm On Jun 28, 2015
This road is so bad that even the pedestrians cld get injured sef...chaii.. sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Deplorable State Of Okota Road (PHOTOS) by jnrbayano(m): 4:31pm On Jun 28, 2015
The road is just an apology!

Is this the road I will ply tomorrow?

shocked

1 Like

Re: Deplorable State Of Okota Road (PHOTOS) by Anolue53: 4:31pm On Jun 28, 2015
Flying boat would have been best for this road. Bcs the way it is to repay the no be for here

2 Likes

Re: Deplorable State Of Okota Road (PHOTOS) by busayochic: 4:32pm On Jun 28, 2015
More
busayochic:
More

Re: Deplorable State Of Okota Road (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jun 28, 2015
Minet16:

From Apple junction to Last bus stop to Ago palace. The road is nothing to write home about. Reasons being the fact that not just okota alone but Amuwo Odofin LGA as a whole, belongs to PDP. It isn't a good phenomenom that the state government carries out projects in areas where their party is recognised. I believe Ambode this time won't be sentimental. Major roads should be done despite the party dominant in the area. Ambode don't let them down, Lagos is counting on you
#@MINET16
They're working on that road now.. I hope they finish soon.. The road has taken hundreds of cars to mechanic...

Op, That's the road leading to Cele abi?

3 Likes

Re: Deplorable State Of Okota Road (PHOTOS) by dedons: 4:33pm On Jun 28, 2015
global07:
This road still good small na. Come and check NNPC to ikotun road you will weep for the cars that pass the road most especially when it rains.
that ikotun road is a no go area on a serious day.
Re: Deplorable State Of Okota Road (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jun 28, 2015
But i don't understand why our administrators let roads get this bad before fixing it! Shouldn't they have regular maintenance schedule in place? What is up with the local government leaders who are supposed to ensure these things are brought to the attention of the state government These people are just there to line their pockets with gold!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Deplorable State Of Okota Road (PHOTOS) by exlink10(m): 4:34pm On Jun 28, 2015
nice road

1 Like

Re: Deplorable State Of Okota Road (PHOTOS) by stephenponti(m): 4:37pm On Jun 28, 2015
TERRIBLE ROAD

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Beroro Efekoro Elected As Albany County Legislator In New York / How We Made Anambra Nigeria’s 4th Largest Economy — Gov Obiano / To Those Who Claim That I Have Been Arrested, I Am Back With Fire - Simon Ekpa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.