Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:51 AM

Deplorable State Of Okota Road (PHOTOS) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Deplorable State Of Okota Road (PHOTOS) (26963 Views)

Deplorable State Of Enugu-onitsha Federal Road (pics, Video) / Photos: Reconstruction Of Okota Road, Isolo Lagos In Progress / Daura Motel: The Only Hotel In Buhari’s Town In Deplorable State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deplorable State Of Okota Road (PHOTOS) by seunfape(m): 8:38pm On Jun 28, 2015
it means Fashola did not finish his work.
Re: Deplorable State Of Okota Road (PHOTOS) by tpiander: 8:40pm On Jun 28, 2015
Re: Deplorable State Of Okota Road (PHOTOS) by PunterTim(m): 8:42pm On Jun 28, 2015
I grew up here(Okota)
Re: Deplorable State Of Okota Road (PHOTOS) by tpiander: 8:43pm On Jun 28, 2015
I think its the visitors who are always complaining.
Re: Deplorable State Of Okota Road (PHOTOS) by calculusx(m): 9:30pm On Jun 28, 2015
Minet16:

From Apple junction to Last bus stop to Ago palace. The road is nothing to write home about. Reasons being the fact that not just okota alone but Amuwo Odofin LGA as a whole, belongs to PDP. It isn't a good phenomenom that the state government carries out projects in areas where their party is recognised. I believe Ambode this time won't be sentimental. Major roads should be done despite the party dominant in the area. Ambode don't let them down, Lagos is counting on you

#@MINET16

I disagree with you. Did you know why the road wasn't completed by Fashola's Administration?
I will dig up a thread where this particular road was discussed last year while some residents lamented lack of co-operation and landlord's litigation against LASG stopped the completion of the road from Apple Junction to last bus-stop.
Re: Deplorable State Of Okota Road (PHOTOS) by ethicalUser(m): 9:41pm On Jun 28, 2015
MarvellousGod:
They're working on that road now.. I hope they finish soon.. The road has taken hundreds of cars to mechanic...

Op, That's the road leading to Cele abi?
No it leads to apple Junction at amuwo odifun end and Ago palace round about at the other end
Re: Deplorable State Of Okota Road (PHOTOS) by opey112(m): 9:44pm On Jun 28, 2015
This road is better,come and see from ijesha inward alakoso drive to apple junction.u go fear bad road.
Re: Deplorable State Of Okota Road (PHOTOS) by Swiftboy(m): 10:06pm On Jun 28, 2015
Minet16:

From Apple junction to Last bus stop to Ago palace. The road is nothing to write home about. Reasons being the fact that not just okota alone but Amuwo Odofin LGA as a whole, belongs to PDP. It isn't a good phenomenom that the state government carries out projects in areas where their party is recognised. I believe Ambode this time won't be sentimental. Major roads should be done despite the party dominant in the area. Ambode don't let them down, Lagos is counting on you

#@MINET16
am typing this from my Okota home...my area is neglected real bad. The picture seen above is for the main roads...you need to check out the streets. The Ago palace way project is still going on even tho its awarded 10 years ago. Its a shame on Lagos state government. Businesses are booming and there are industries,the only thing LASG do is collect tax and neglect us here.

1 Like

Re: Deplorable State Of Okota Road (PHOTOS) by Swiftboy(m): 10:09pm On Jun 28, 2015
dedons:
It took Fashola donkey years to fix the Ago palace road which he didn't even complete...

I wonder if the state government will even see this...

Apc has something against oshodi-isolo local government area...

Cos that road has been lyk that for sometime now without the government looking into it...

We only see them during election campaigns...
na so we see am for Okota way we dey.lol
Re: Deplorable State Of Okota Road (PHOTOS) by Swiftboy(m): 10:17pm On Jun 28, 2015
darelar:
The road is under construction and I believe that's why is not listed on. The state of the road is far better compare to how it's before. What dey did is to work on one side of the road, from roundabout left side to century and work is going on then. The most worst area there is last bus stop, amonota, ap and to join where it stop around cele before going to apple junction. (That guy on last pics putting on blue dashiky is a guy working with my little brother)
The construction is damn too slow. Main road these bad means streets are terrible. Most street here means ratholes.smh
Re: Deplorable State Of Okota Road (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jun 28, 2015
Lol... dem no plant flower for ds road ni.....
Re: Deplorable State Of Okota Road (PHOTOS) by Templa(m): 10:55pm On Jun 28, 2015
Haha I just passed there now. And I tell you the rains today made it worse.. It's not funny buh there is hope..i heard they are working on it from both ends
Re: Deplorable State Of Okota Road (PHOTOS) by charlesucheh(m): 11:15pm On Jun 28, 2015
busayochic:
These pictures were taken today 28th of June 2015 at 7am.

These pictures depict the deplorable state of Okota road. What is even most disturbing is the fact that this road is not listed as part of the roads earmarked to be fixed by the LASG.

http://insidemainland.com/checkout-the-roads-lagos-state-have-scheduled-for-repairs-in-your-area/
5 bottles of ORIGIN for you my blooda!!!!. Come to think of the fact that i stay right in the barracks and have been yarning for the development of that road for ages. The one leading to AGO palace way was just partially done with Inter-locks. Saw a post on roads to be rehabilitated yesterday by the lagos state govt, but didn't see that of OKOTA, so i thought they had included it with IKOTUN.
We feel thesame pain on the delapitated state of the road. More grease to your elbow for this post once more!!!

1 Like

Re: Deplorable State Of Okota Road (PHOTOS) by zudozz: 2:55am On Jun 29, 2015
u go snap d side wey still good. This na Okota Isolo rd, Okota Ago Palace n jungle.

1 Like

Re: Deplorable State Of Okota Road (PHOTOS) by Bifwoli: 3:49am On Jun 29, 2015
Lol, the roads in Igboland are much,much better than this thanks to Igbo work ethic,good governance and their integrity.

Lol,South West indeed.

1 Like

Re: Deplorable State Of Okota Road (PHOTOS) by uyomi: 5:15am On Jun 29, 2015
The notion is that if it is not Lekki, Ikeja or Ikoyi, then the road is not important. This road demand urgent attention due to its importance.
Re: Deplorable State Of Okota Road (PHOTOS) by rudebouy: 5:24am On Jun 29, 2015
speak2emmalex:
Nigeria is a Zoo that will never progress except disintegration

Yes! And if Nigeria is a zoo, live in Nigeria, eat Nigerian food, and bear a Nigerian name, then what are you? cheesy
Re: Deplorable State Of Okota Road (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 5:43am On Jun 29, 2015
rudebouy:

Yes! And if Nigeria is a zoo, live in Nigeria, eat Nigerian food, and bear a Nigerian name, then what are you? cheesy

Who says I live in Nigeria? I eat Biafran Food and my name is not Nigerian so get that into your zoo brain
Re: Deplorable State Of Okota Road (PHOTOS) by rudebouy: 5:48am On Jun 29, 2015
speak2emmalex:

Who says I live in Nigeria? I eat Biafran Food and my name is not Nigerian so get that into your zoo brain

Yeah! I forgot. Ur papa na Nigerian but you live in France, oh sorry Luxembourgcheesy. U eat biafran food in France? cheesy

Anuofia! Typical biafran foolishness!
Re: Deplorable State Of Okota Road (PHOTOS) by TonySpike: 5:57am On Jun 29, 2015
Bifwoli:
Lol, the roads in Igboland are much,much better than this thanks to Igbo work ethic,good governance and their integrity.

Lol,South West indeed.
Another chest beater, if all the roads in Igboland are so good, why are Igbos accounting for over 40% of residents in this Ago Okota area? A beg carry your tribalism elsewhere!
Re: Deplorable State Of Okota Road (PHOTOS) by Ishilove: 6:06am On Jun 29, 2015
global07:
This road still good small na. Come and check NNPC to ikotun road you will weep for the cars that pass the road most especially when it rains.
You have spoken well. Iyana-ejigbo road has been a hot mess for the past 6years and nothing has been done about it. I can't remember the decade last I passed thaat road. Awful!!!
Re: Deplorable State Of Okota Road (PHOTOS) by Ishilove: 6:11am On Jun 29, 2015
lukaino:
This is officially the worst road in Lagos at the moment.
I saw hell when i made the mistake of using it to link Festac yesterday(saturday).

The people in that area should be protesting at the governor's office everyday!
Come to the ejigbo/ikotun axis and find out the true meaning of "bad roads".
Re: Deplorable State Of Okota Road (PHOTOS) by mkoabiola: 6:15am On Jun 29, 2015
Okota has 1 of d worst road in lagos followed by ejigbo,
Infact d road don tire me ,cos na holdup everyday.
Btw,okota is occupied by d igbos,
Despite d bad road ,houses are xpnsv dere
Re: Deplorable State Of Okota Road (PHOTOS) by Ishilove: 6:16am On Jun 29, 2015
Swiftboy:
The construction is damn too slow. Main road these bad means streets are terrible. Most street here means ratholes.smh
Ratholes are good. The ones in my area are gullies and vehicles cannot ply the roads. Even bikes are having a very hard time navigating these places.
Re: Deplorable State Of Okota Road (PHOTOS) by Swiftboy(m): 6:26am On Jun 29, 2015
Ishilove:

Ratholes are good. The ones in my area are gullies and vehicles cannot ply the roads. Even bikes are having a very hard time navigating these places.
which side is that? Am in Vulcanizer area. Even people wont know where to put legs. cheesy
Re: Deplorable State Of Okota Road (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 6:33am On Jun 29, 2015
rudebouy:

Yeah! I forgot. Ur papa na Nigerian but you live in France, oh sorry Luxembourgcheesy. U eat biafran food in France? cheesy

Anuofia! Typical biafran foolishness!
I don't need to waste my time arguing with a worthless piss of shi* like you who will die of heart attack when Biafra is actualized. So you know what?

[size=15pt]
Go f*ck yourself fagg*t!!! [/size]
Re: Deplorable State Of Okota Road (PHOTOS) by mapet: 8:19am On Jun 29, 2015
Bros,

You will do well to stop reporting falsehood as facts.

1. That fact is that work commenced on that road 3years ago.
2. To make to the planned expansion of the road, properties that did not conform to the natural set-back laws was marked for demolishing.
3. The owners of those residents took the Lagos State government to court and got an injunction stopping it.
4. Fashola put a stop on the project, pending the completion of the court case
5. Some other resident paid Fashola visit to appeal to him to complete the road. He told them he's hands-tied as the injunction must either be lifted or the withdraw the court case and negotiate
6. These Landlords refused, hence the stalemate before elections

Minet16:

#@MINET16

2 Likes

Re: Deplorable State Of Okota Road (PHOTOS) by Paentera(m): 8:56am On Jun 29, 2015
Minet16:

#@MINET16

Government unfortunately does not work that way - those for and against us - when executing projects. Passing out this sort of information is dangerous and does not much good to the general public. I am aware for example, that a few roads which were to be expanded around the Okota axis ran into challenges when property owners and the indigenes in these areas took the LASG to court. Work had to be stopped before proceeding with the project. This particular road is an extension of that project.

Now, I am aware that there was a resolution of the matter and works commenced on the road late 2013 or early 2014, however with the shrink in FAC to states, this will have affected the completion of the project, leading to failed infrastructure as we currently see it. In the case you reside in this area, I advise you do a letter to your State Representative at the LAHA while copying your LGA Chairman and Councillor to take up the matter on your behalf - this is what citizenship is all about as opposed to passing information that isn't factual.
Re: Deplorable State Of Okota Road (PHOTOS) by FBLJ(m): 9:36am On Jun 29, 2015
This one na deplorable? come to Onne road and see real time Deplorable state.
Re: Deplorable State Of Okota Road (PHOTOS) by specco(m): 9:52am On Jun 29, 2015
darelar:
The road is under construction and I believe that's why is not listed on. The state of the road is far better compare to how it's before. What dey did is to work on one side of the road, from roundabout left side to century and work is going on then. The most worst area there is last bus stop, amonota, ap and to join where it stop around cele before going to apple junction. (That guy on last pics putting on blue dashiky is a guy working with my little brother)

Read and comprehend well before rushing to comment. The road in question is OKOTA ROAD and not Ago Palace rd.This hell of a road leads from Cele bus stop to Oke-afa junction. Very bad indeed!

1 Like

Re: Deplorable State Of Okota Road (PHOTOS) by yurmeeh(m): 10:25am On Jun 29, 2015
diamondtutu:
Chisos...
Jehovah,thank you,i hav hit FTC first day of the week,its a blessd week for
I dedicate my victory to all Edos on NL,and my baby mama Eno.

(singing "Bring it On"wink
lol
Re: Deplorable State Of Okota Road (PHOTOS) by pasol4real(m): 11:34am On Jun 29, 2015
global07:
This road still good small na. Come and check NNPC to ikotun road you will weep for the cars that pass the road most especially when it rains.
Menhhh dat road na d worst road in the world

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nyako And Son In Court For Arraignment By EFCC (photos) / How We Made Anambra Nigeria’s 4th Largest Economy — Gov Obiano / Umar Auwal, Army Cadet Missing After Leaving Nda Kaduna(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.