Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,487 members, 7,954,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:28 AM

Before And After Pictures Of Majek Fashek - Celebrities (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Before And After Pictures Of Majek Fashek (65959 Views)

Linda Ikeji And Majek Fashek Strike A Pose / Photos Of Majek Fashek Looking Fresh / Linda Ikeji Shares Before And After Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Before And After Pictures Of Majek Fashek by no2fuks(m): 8:58pm On Jun 29, 2015
u guys are hypocrites trying to speak down on Indian hemp smokers abi you won say jesus said I shouldnt smoke my marijuana
Re: Before And After Pictures Of Majek Fashek by ledaman: 9:02pm On Jun 29, 2015
consequences of ajegunle weed!
Re: Before And After Pictures Of Majek Fashek by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jun 29, 2015
tucky200:
thats not true,he stays in my hood
really ? is he stable financially?
Re: Before And After Pictures Of Majek Fashek by tucky200(m): 9:06pm On Jun 29, 2015
D
vickerz:

really ? is he stable financially?
Nah
Re: Before And After Pictures Of Majek Fashek by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jun 29, 2015
tsdarkside:

woww....baby,you are very hotttttttt!!!!!!!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked
. Guy, so you saw what I saw. The babe bam no be small
Re: Before And After Pictures Of Majek Fashek by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jun 29, 2015
sarmiie:

It is not a matter of weed "alone". It is a matter of weed "at all". It's like saying someone who eats eggs + cookies + fanta everyday that it is not eggs "alone" that'll make him fat. A crude analogy, but u get my point (I hope)......

Your analogy is faulty
Re: Before And After Pictures Of Majek Fashek by sarmiie(m): 10:05pm On Jun 29, 2015
neoapocalypse:

Your analogy is faulty
It is crude but not faulty.
Re: Before And After Pictures Of Majek Fashek by mkoabiola: 10:07pm On Jun 29, 2015
Ds 1 don pass weed n cocain oooo
Ds 1 na spiritual something ooooo
Re: Before And After Pictures Of Majek Fashek by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 11:11pm On Jun 29, 2015
Osahon7:
So pathetic
I hope the artists we have in nigeria are seeing this and hipefully learn from it?...
Re: Before And After Pictures Of Majek Fashek by Nobody: 11:37pm On Jun 29, 2015
sarmiie:

It is crude but not faulty.
Hmmm
Re: Before And After Pictures Of Majek Fashek by Nobody: 11:37pm On Jun 29, 2015
.. all because he made the wrong choices. Pathetic!
Re: Before And After Pictures Of Majek Fashek by sarmiie(m): 11:42pm On Jun 29, 2015
neoapocalypse:

Hmmm
I hope u got the point I was trying to pass across tho
Re: Before And After Pictures Of Majek Fashek by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jun 29, 2015
sarmiie:

I hope u got the point I was trying to pass across tho

Your point is marijuana doesn't affect one negatively ( at least not mentally ).

Go do more studies on marijuana before you expose your ignorance further.

There's a difference between medical marijuana and the common weed smoked by a lot of guys.

1 Like

Re: Before And After Pictures Of Majek Fashek by sarmiie(m): 12:04am On Jun 30, 2015
neoapocalypse:

Your point is marijuana doesn't affect one negatively ( at least not mentally ).

Go do more studies on marijuana before you expose your ignorance further.

There's a difference between medical marijuana and the common weed smoked by a lot of guys.

Have u heard of confirmation bias? Basically it states that people tend to look for thing that confirm their beliefs. If u are truly being objective, and u have read enough studies, u would know that marijuana in itself is not evil.

And yes, there is a difference indeed.
Re: Before And After Pictures Of Majek Fashek by 812clothings(m): 12:39am On Jun 30, 2015
omaji53jeremiah:
say no to drug addiction because it kills.
and d@ is the real thing. Never get ADDICTED!
Re: Before And After Pictures Of Majek Fashek by 812clothings(m): 12:45am On Jun 30, 2015
Spybradd:
Its either u live to see to the end of the bad habits,or they will see to your end. Run from the deadly pleasures now..

@^^ majek wasnt poor when he started taking da ganjer..
u know hw many pple will take #200 SK and get high?hw much a bottle of star sold?weed doesn't make u Bleep up,its ur inability to control your inner mind. Shoye?
Re: Before And After Pictures Of Majek Fashek by Nobody: 12:50am On Jun 30, 2015
sarmiie:

Have u heard of confirmation bias? Basically it states that people tend to look for thing that confirm their beliefs. If u are truly being objective, and u have read enough studies, u would know that marijuana in itself is not evil.

Are you kidding me ?

Do you know the effect of marijuana/pot/weed on the brain , organs and body ? What are you even trying to prove ?

And yeah the confirmation bias is what you're doing now.

You should know that amongst all the good weed does it still has negative effects on the brain , organs , immune system , skin and mental health.

You need to go back and read on the negative effects of weed on the body , you'll find tons of articles on that. Would love to help you with that but I guess Google works on your own side too
Re: Before And After Pictures Of Majek Fashek by Nobody: 1:01am On Jun 30, 2015
sarmiie:

Not to seem biased , Google "effects of marijuana on the body" leaving out "negative" and come back to share your findings on this thread.
Re: Before And After Pictures Of Majek Fashek by sarmiie(m): 1:29am On Jun 30, 2015
neoapocalypse:

Not to seem biased , Google "effects of marijuana on the body" leaving out "negative" and come back to share your findings on this thread.

You know, I did as u asked, and checked every website on the first page. And yes, I saw the negative effects. But u know what they all had in common? There's always one condition attached to it.

If u have a lung disease, smoking marijuana (or other stuff) might give u lung cancer.
If u have ulcer, then weed would give u stomach issues.
If u have anxiety issues, weed makes u more prone to depression.
If you smoke it heavily (and really, doesn't that go for anything known to mankind), u'l be affected.

You see the trend? There's always a pre existing medical condition, powerful enough on its own, that affects the "effects" of weed taking.

But let's not digress too much. I'm not gonna make u suddenly sing the praises of weed. You'r nt gonna make me think of it as the devil spawn.

The question was if weed taking alone can make that man be like that, and the answer, from yours truly, is NO.
Re: Before And After Pictures Of Majek Fashek by kayalla(f): 1:35am On Jun 30, 2015
when money dey friends go dey when money no dey friends go go
Re: Before And After Pictures Of Majek Fashek by Seventeen(f): 3:57am On Jun 30, 2015
IdisuleOurOwn:
So pathetic indeed.
I heard he is suffering from mental and spiritual problem and also alcoholism.

There is one of his back - up singer who is rising fund for him through social media.

The rain maker himself.

#SaveMajek

Is the fund for more ganja or will they forcefully fly him to an American rehab center. hnmmm, BACK-UP singer, I hope this ur social media fund raising, is not a BACK-UP money making plan
Re: Before And After Pictures Of Majek Fashek by rukkyland(m): 6:31am On Jun 30, 2015
life can be very funny..From Hero to Zero...just look at what DRUGS took from him. #LIFE..LESSON
Re: Before And After Pictures Of Majek Fashek by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 6:33am On Jun 30, 2015
Seventeen:
Is the fund for more ganja or will they forcefully fly him to an American rehab center. hnmmm, BACK-UP singer, I hope this ur social media fund raising, is not a BACK-UP money making plan
Its for rehabilitation and not back up nor for more ganja as the case may be.
Re: Before And After Pictures Of Majek Fashek by Spybradd: 7:22am On Jun 30, 2015
812clothings:
u know hw many pple will take #200 SK and get high?hw much a bottle of star sold?weed doesn't make u Bleep up,its ur inability to control your inner mind. Shoye?

guy,that is (was) what most peeps say (said) when they started..whats da essence of spending huge sums on addiction just 'cos u got control of ur inner mind? Theres no control over habits addiction,the only control is pulling out b4 its late..
Re: Before And After Pictures Of Majek Fashek by dboss444: 8:50am On Jun 30, 2015
Majek was doing very well before he left 9ja to us for greener pastures(somtin most artist of his time did) cos the music industry in 9ja was on a serious decline. Majek case was peculiar because he sang a song attacking the white race nd abt slavery. Majek introduction to hard drugs was a delibrate attempt by some people to ruin his carrer cos they saw where he was heading to and if sang abt som stuff, he would reawaken issues the world is trying to sweep under the carpet. Weed is bad but weed can never and cause severe damage. Majek took hard drugs while he was abroad. I wonder what concern God in all of this.
Re: Before And After Pictures Of Majek Fashek by Seventeen(f): 9:06am On Jun 30, 2015
IdisuleOurOwn:

Its for rehabilitation and not back up nor for more ganja as the case may be.
okkk no more jokes. Rehabilitation? .... Ok oooo... Lets see hw dat goes... because considering how deep in this mess Majek already is... Its hard to say he will pull through, but hey.. Never say never right? I wish him well. He was a great musician.
Re: Before And After Pictures Of Majek Fashek by successinlife: 9:08am On Jun 30, 2015
dboss444:
Majek was doing very well before he left 9ja to us for greener pastures(somtin most artist of his time did) cos the music industry in 9ja was on a serious decline. Majek case was peculiar because he sang a song attacking the white race nd abt slavery. Majek introduction to hard drugs was a delibrate attempt by some people to ruin his carrer cos they saw where he was heading to and if sang abt som stuff, he would reawaken issues the world is trying to sweep under the carpet. Weed is bad but weed can never and cause severe damage. Majek took hard drugs while he was abroad. I wonder what concern God in all of this.

I hope you guys are not talking what you don't know.Majek left Nigeria on a high note,his 1988-1990 songs shot him to the pinnacle of raggae music worldwide.This man did not go to US in search of greener pastures as you are claiming,he signed 20M $ interscope deal in 1990,rare gem,
this icon problem is spiritual attack,weed added to his problem but not the main cause of it.Band & immediate family betrayal with spiritual.
Re: Before And After Pictures Of Majek Fashek by Nobody: 9:33am On Jun 30, 2015
sarmiie:

You know, I did as u asked, and checked every website on the first page. And yes, I saw the negative effects. But u know what they all had in common? There's always one condition attached to it.

If u have a lung disease, smoking marijuana (or other stuff) might give u lung cancer.
If u have ulcer, then weed would give u stomach issues.
If u have anxiety issues, weed makes u more prone to depression.
If you smoke it heavily (and really, doesn't that go for anything known to mankind), u'l be affected.

You see the trend? There's always a pre existing medical condition, powerful enough on its own, that affects the "effects" of weed taking.

But let's not digress too much. I'm not gonna make u suddenly sing the praises of weed. You'r nt gonna make me think of it as the devil spawn.

The question was if weed taking alone can make that man be like that, and the answer, from yours truly, in NO.

You probably didn't read it well or you were selective in the choice of articles to read ( confirmation bias at work again ) but according to various articles weed taking has long term effects on the brain.

An excerpt from an article

[b] Rats exposed to THC
before birth, soon after birth, or during
adolescence show notable problems with specific
learning and memory tasks later in life.
Cognitive impairments in adult rats exposed to
THC during adolescence are associated with
structural and functional changes in the
hippocampus. Studies in rats also show
that adolescent exposure to THC is associated
with an altered reward system, increasing the
likelihood that an animal will self-administer
other drugs (e.g., heroin) when given an
opportunity (see " Is marijuana a gateway drug? "wink.
Imaging studies in human adolescents show that
regular marijuana users display impaired neural
connectivity in specific brain regions involved in
a broad range of executive functions like
memory, learning, and impulse control compared
to non-users.
The latter findings may help explain the results
of a large longitudinal study conducted in New
Zealand, which found that frequent and
persistent marijuana use starting in adolescence
was associated with a loss of an average of 8 IQ
points measured in mid-adulthood.
Significantly, in that study, those who used
marijuana heavily as teenagers and quit using as
adults did not recover the lost IQ points. Users
who only began using marijuana heavily in
adulthood did not lose IQ points. These results
suggest that marijuana has its strongest long-
term impact on young users whose brains are
still busy building new connections and maturing
in other ways. The endocannabinoid system is
known to play an important role in the proper
formation of synapses (the connections between
neurons) during early brain development, and a
similar role has been proposed for the refinement
of neural connections during adolescence. If
confirmed by future research, this may be one
avenue by which marijuana use during
adolescence produces its long-term effects.
The ability to draw definitive conclusions about
marijuana’s long-term impact on the human brain
from past studies is often limited by the fact
that study participants use multiple substances,
and there is often limited data about the
participants’ health or mental functioning prior to
the study. Over the next decade, the National
Institutes of Health is planning to fund a major
longitudinal study that will track a large sample
of young Americans from late childhood (before
first use of drugs) to early adulthood. The study
will use neuroimaging and other advanced tools
to clarify precisely how and to what extent
marijuana and other substances, alone and in
combination, affect adolescent brain
development.
This page was last updated June 2015
19–21 [/b]

Believe whatever you want to believe but facts remain facts

http://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/research-reports/marijuana/how-does-marijuana-use-affect-your-brain-body
Re: Before And After Pictures Of Majek Fashek by dboss444: 10:31am On Jun 30, 2015
http://www.africasounds.com/majek_fashek_2002.htm. I saw this interview with majek fashek. Omo d guy was saying som deep spiritual things oh.
Re: Before And After Pictures Of Majek Fashek by dboss444: 11:17am On Jun 30, 2015
Why don't we design a special website for majek fashek to sell all his albums online and implement payment gateway system where all the money made will be channelled to his account, if all nairalander can 1 album 100# and we have more than 1 million users. We can do somtin for him.

2 Likes

Re: Before And After Pictures Of Majek Fashek by bbeckky: 1:27pm On Jun 30, 2015
he really was a handsome and fresh dude back then even with a promising future...
**i wonder what his then gf would b saying/thinking each time she sees him or his pics now** hmmm.
Re: Before And After Pictures Of Majek Fashek by ikwesunday(m): 4:55pm On Jun 30, 2015
[quote author=angelTI post=35263047]What happened to this once handsome and presentable man?

Weed and drugs does not help![/(1 samuel 2:7) The LORD sends poverty and wealth; he humbles and he exalts.quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Yvonne Nelson And John Dumelo Dressed As The Opposite Sex (picture) / Kaffy Condemns Naira Marley's Soapy Dance As Dog Joins / BBNaija's Cross Posts His Nude Video On Snapchat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.