Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,673 members, 7,820,362 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:39 PM

Why Do People Take Oaths In Relationships? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do People Take Oaths In Relationships? (7847 Views)

Reasons Why Ladies Like Sex But Pretend They Hate It In Relationships / Reasons Why Many Guys Insist On Getting Into Ladies' Pants In Relationships / Oaths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do People Take Oaths In Relationships? by ammamat(f): 9:50am On Mar 02, 2009
Why do people take oaths in relationships?
Re: Why Do People Take Oaths In Relationships? by Nobody: 10:05am On Mar 02, 2009
^^^ Is this a generic opinion?

Because, I've never taken an oath, and never will.
Re: Why Do People Take Oaths In Relationships? by ammamat(f): 10:18am On Mar 02, 2009
yes u might not take, but others did, My question is why are they doing that? for what reason? I want to know, coz some ask me to, and i don't know he said i should do that.
Re: Why Do People Take Oaths In Relationships? by lancevader(m): 10:24am On Mar 02, 2009
hmmmmmmmm
Re: Why Do People Take Oaths In Relationships? by temi4rea(f): 1:37pm On Mar 02, 2009
to be secure in the relationship.
Re: Why Do People Take Oaths In Relationships? by Tonyet1(m): 1:45pm On Mar 02, 2009
@ ammamat

babe must u always ask nonsense questions here simply because seun allows free topic posting angry

if for say na pay as you post, people like you for don run tete grin

sometimes its better contributing than creating nonsense topics here , or better still search out the topic, because it must have been discussed here before ok! wink
Re: Why Do People Take Oaths In Relationships? by daduke2k(m): 1:53pm On Mar 02, 2009
tonye-t:

@ ammamat

babe must u always ask nonsense questions here simply because seun allows free topic posting angry

if for say na pay as you post, people like you for don run tete grin

sometimes its better contributing than creating nonsense topics here , or better still search out the topic, because it must have been discussed here before ok! wink

i dont see y u choose to be a bully,some one asked a straight question and needs a straight ans ,just ignor eit if u deem it unresonable. @ammamat i wouldnt take an oath if i were you
Re: Why Do People Take Oaths In Relationships? by daduke2k(m): 1:56pm On Mar 02, 2009
but girl is that your pic cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Do People Take Oaths In Relationships? by oluwafemi113(m): 3:16pm On Mar 02, 2009
ammamat:

Why do people take oath in relationship?
because they want to die young
Re: Why Do People Take Oaths In Relationships? by yme1(f): 3:20pm On Mar 02, 2009
I do not think it is adviceable honey!
Re: Why Do People Take Oaths In Relationships? by segzicres(m): 3:28pm On Mar 02, 2009
peoplw who take oats are usually young and foolish. our poster shouldn't you be reading for your exams, instead you're posting jack and ass on nairaland.
Re: Why Do People Take Oaths In Relationships? by ammamat(f): 4:01pm On Mar 02, 2009
@ Tonye-t i don't think is necessary for u talk or responds to some thread specially those that are not meant for people like you.
I will rather advice you to always stay out of people's problem okay, if this thread is already here , why can't you say it in a polite way, Is it wrong for one to ask a question over what he/she dosn't know

What is your dam business over my post? you better carry ur leg now waker go report yourself oh to Oga before i go fall on you,
Re: Why Do People Take Oaths In Relationships? by Hollysmile: 4:04pm On Mar 02, 2009
@Poster, pple who take oath take it cos they are FOOLS!
By the way, Is dat ur pic?
C'mon, Take dat 'witch-like' photo off ur profile. I take God beg u!
Re: Why Do People Take Oaths In Relationships? by ammamat(f): 4:10pm On Mar 02, 2009
@Hollysmile, not my pic, really like and love indian, thier movies, songs, dance i mean every thing about them, my room full of thier pics.
Not what u think plz,
cool
Re: Why Do People Take Oaths In Relationships? by Tonyet1(m): 4:23pm On Mar 02, 2009
@ammamat

grin grin

advise no be curse oh
Re: Why Do People Take Oaths In Relationships? by amaikama(m): 4:27pm On Mar 02, 2009
@ammamat!!! cause they dont want people like you to chop and clean mouth. grin
Re: Why Do People Take Oaths In Relationships? by temi4rea(f): 4:32pm On Mar 02, 2009
Hey guys she is not talking abt taking an oath,

Shes just asking why ppl do so generally,

ok wink
Re: Why Do People Take Oaths In Relationships? by Nobody: 4:49pm On Mar 02, 2009
because dem bE JJC! grin
Re: Why Do People Take Oaths In Relationships? by Nobody: 5:44pm On Mar 02, 2009
Because of:

1. Love or infatuation/lust (whats the difference anyway): People actually take oath because of the strong feeling they have for each other.

2. Jealousy: People can hardly bear the thought of another man/woman taking a bit of the flava from their spouse. tongue

3. Selfishness: Humans want the whole package for themselves.

4. Wickedness: In a case where a partner suspects that his beautiful/handsome/rich spouse may abscond from the relationship.

5. African culture: Some cultures in africa actually encourage this act directly or indirectly.

6. Promiscuity/infidelity: Some men/women cant seem to get enough of their spouses no matter how their spouses present their "jeruselem" or Big will.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Take Oaths In Relationships? by yme1(f): 5:59pm On Mar 02, 2009
nuzo,that was so fascinating i mean i am cool with your explanation. kudos bro.
Re: Why Do People Take Oaths In Relationships? by Czarskit(m): 6:27pm On Mar 02, 2009
1. Fear of losing their partners.
2. Insecurity.
3. Stupidity.
4. Dem think say na child's play.

Marriage sef na oath, so don't take oaths/marriage 4 granted. . . undecided
Re: Why Do People Take Oaths In Relationships? by NeroPapas(m): 6:48pm On Mar 02, 2009
People Take Oath out of ignorance, they really don't know the implication of the action.
Secondly, It's done out of their stupidity.
Re: Why Do People Take Oaths In Relationships? by Sagamite(m): 6:49pm On Mar 02, 2009
In the UK, so the woman can refer to a broken-promise/agreement so as to milk you dry in court irrespective of her failure in responsibility.
Re: Why Do People Take Oaths In Relationships? by Redman44(m): 6:51pm On Mar 02, 2009
Hey, oath taking is a serious issue. It is not physical and there are severe penalties for breaking oaths.  Don't take oaths, please. Many lives have been ruined due to people taking oaths in Relationships. If the love a man and a woman have for each other is true and strong, they don't need to take oaths. True love stands the test of time and trials cannot overcome genuine love. The problem with relationships today is that love has been watered down due to materialism.

If you truly love a person, you will not put him or her in chains. You will want him or her to be free. If the person leaves you for another man or woman, that person is not meant for you. Let the person go. If you force the person to stay with oaths, you will regret your decision later on. Though we get hurt and jilted in relationships, we always get the person that is meant for us if we learn from our past mistakes. Cheers.
Re: Why Do People Take Oaths In Relationships? by MrCrackles(m): 7:04pm On Mar 02, 2009
Topic

Because love is blind
! grin
Re: Why Do People Take Oaths In Relationships? by eyonigger(m): 7:51pm On Mar 02, 2009
Please I need insight, why would ur girlfriend call u only when she needs something or seeks information, and once she gets it, she does not call u to ask how ur doing or woeva, or even send a txt, shey no be sey man don dey dey fall mugu be that?
Re: Why Do People Take Oaths In Relationships? by nazzyon(m): 8:28pm On Mar 02, 2009
In any relationship where oath asked to be or is taken. Such a relationship is lacking trust.

Read:  "If I ever leave you me, your water should pass Garri"

If a Girl should asked for such from me then I most definitely will leave her because it means that she can never trust me.
Re: Why Do People Take Oaths In Relationships? by PurestBoy(m): 8:42pm On Mar 02, 2009
nazzyon:

In any relationship where oath asked to be or is taken. Such a relationship is lacking trust.

Read: "If I ever leave you me, your water should pass Garri"

If a Girl should asked for such from me then I most definitely will leave her because it means that she can never trust be.

True talk
Re: Why Do People Take Oaths In Relationships? by kokoye(m): 9:48pm On Mar 02, 2009
Pure stupidity, ignorance and selfishness as some people have mentioned.

I know a girl (16 at the time) who had a blood convenant with her boyfriend cos she was moving to the United States from naija - she told me they both sucked each other's blood after piercing their skins. What seemed like innocent fun way back them began to haunt the lady - she was 21 when she started going thru the pains. I dont want to go into details because it'll sound too hard to believe for some on this thread - but I witnessed it with my own eyes.

Anyway, this girl went for deliverance then went to Nigeria to break up with the guy . . but her mama no gree o. The mom said she had to marry the guy since they had a blood convenant (I guess the mom wasnt ready to deal with the loss of her daughter). Thank God these people are happily married now i hope

So please do not do it to make the other person happy. If your love cannot sustain the trust then you got no business being together.
Re: Why Do People Take Oaths In Relationships? by Czarskit(m): 11:06pm On Mar 02, 2009
@ kokoye

The details won't sound too hard 4 me 2 believe, so please can u post 'em?! I'm curious. . . undecided
Re: Why Do People Take Oaths In Relationships? by tope2000(f): 11:40pm On Mar 02, 2009
Oath again shocked shocked
i tire for NL
No normal person shud take an oath embarassed
Re: Why Do People Take Oaths In Relationships? by sleekdoc: 12:16am On Mar 03, 2009
kokoye:

Pure stupidity, ignorance and selfishness as some people have mentioned.

I know a girl (16 at the time) who had a blood convenant with her boyfriend cos she was moving to the United States from naija - she told me they both sucked each other's blood after piercing their skins. What seemed like innocent fun way back them began to haunt the lady - she was 21 when she started going thru the pains. I dont want to go into details because it'll sound too hard to believe for some on this thread - but I witnessed it with my own eyes.

Anyway, this girl went for deliverance then went to Nigeria to break up with the guy . . but her mama no gree o. The mom said she had to marry the guy since they had a blood convenant (I guess the mom wasnt ready to deal with the loss of her daughter). Thank God these people are happily married now i hope

So please do not do it to make the other person happy. If your love cannot sustain the trust then you got no business being together.

I took an oath with my ex- girlfriend a few years back, it was pretty much the same as described above, she was travelling we pierced the fingers, only we didnt suck, we jus rubbed together. At the time i just cldnt stand the thought of her been with another guy, almost drove me mad (was very childish back then ), but hey you guys are really scaring me o, cos i got over her quickly and broke the whole thing off, what can i do about this?
Pls Kokoye tell us what happened to the girl. I know nothing can happen to me anyway cos i prayed about it and i have faith in Jesus.

@ Tonye-t

Pls let people post watever topics they like o, there will always be some people that can identify with it, even if it makes no sense to you!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Evil Temptations: My House Maid Is Tempting Me, What Should I Do? / Can You Trust Your Bf To The Extent Of Playing Like This...????? / Married Woman In Trouble After Guy She Had Sex With Posts Her Nude Online (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.