Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,257 members, 7,822,316 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:56 AM

Should I Change The Engine Or Do A Rework On It? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Should I Change The Engine Or Do A Rework On It? (760 Views)

Doubling The Engine Gasket, What's Your Take? / K-tag Original 100% Rework Solution / Does Constant Use Of AC Have Any Effect On The Engine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Change The Engine Or Do A Rework On It? by shadowripper(f): 9:53am On Jun 29, 2015
Hi All,

I have a honda city vtec 2005 and the problem is that after running it for like an hour or over 30 mins, it gets so hot and if it should stop while maneuvering cos it is manual, it wont start till after like 30 mins of cooling. The kick starter has been changed and the mechanic said I have to change the whole engine that it also leaks oil.

I saw another mechanic and he said I dont need to change the whole engine that all we need to do is for him to work on the engine and then see how it goes... that we will need to wash the radiator too, which seems never washed when we went wash it.. we had to remove it to wash tho using steam.

What do you think?
Re: Should I Change The Engine Or Do A Rework On It? by mayor2013: 10:06am On Jun 29, 2015
Does it get so hot to the point of over heating?. Now if you having over heating issues let them do a collant pressure test and as for the hard starting. You need to run a diagnosis on your car. This woukd tell you what actually is going on. Your mechanics are only talking blindly. If you are in lagos call 08165520837. Am running a free scan
Re: Should I Change The Engine Or Do A Rework On It? by shadowripper(f): 5:04pm On Jun 29, 2015
mayor2013:
Does it get so hot to the point of over heating?. Now if you having over heating issues let them do a collant pressure test and as for the hard starting. You need to run a diagnosis on your car. This woukd tell you what actually is going on. Your mechanics are only talking blindly. If you are in lagos call 08165520837. Am running a free scan

Where is your office located and how many mins or hours will the scan lapse?

Do I need to bring in any registration fee or what?
Re: Should I Change The Engine Or Do A Rework On It? by mayor2013: 4:01am On Jun 30, 2015
shadowripper:

Where is your office located and how many mins or hours will the scan lapse?

Do I need to bring in any registration fee or what?
You do not need any registration fee.reach me via my number and I would give you a better description of the place

(1) (Reply)

. / 2013 Toyota Corolla Versus 2007 Rx350 / Update Of Fuel Stations Selling Fuel And Price...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.