Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,548 members, 7,823,401 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:46 AM

Why Do Nigerians Rate Marriage So Highly? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Nigerians Rate Marriage So Highly? (3645 Views)

Your Advices Are Highly Valued / Little Help...But Highly Appreciated / Why Do Nigerians Hate Cats? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerians Rate Marriage So Highly? by pickabeau1: 8:39am On Jun 30, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
lilmax:
smh,so these are more fulfilling? Ascending mount everest cheesy
Re: Why Do Nigerians Rate Marriage So Highly? by Nobody: 9:12am On Jun 30, 2015
mutter:
Fat women console themselves with - i feel comfortable in my body.
Why insult fat women to drive home your point?
As in, "consoling?"

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Rate Marriage So Highly? by dinachi(m): 9:47am On Jun 30, 2015
FrancisTony:
I love marriage as ordained by God devoid of adulterous husband or wife - any other trash/form, is BULLSH1T and not marriage to me. cool
Last time I checked you were one of the most vocal supporters of homosexual marriage. I suppose that is also marriage ordained by God? Quit clowning!

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Rate Marriage So Highly? by Nobody: 9:54am On Jun 30, 2015
dinachi:

Last time I checked you were one of the most vocal supporters of homosexual marriage. I suppose that is also marriage ordained by God? Quit clowning!

grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Rate Marriage So Highly? by Nobody: 10:18am On Jun 30, 2015
dinachi:

Homosexual Marriage?
Dig out my post where I supported it.
Thanks
I believe in live and let live and it doesn't equate marriage.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Rate Marriage So Highly? by MrPresident1: 10:40am On Jun 30, 2015
mutter:
Unmarried women with- marriage is not the ultimate.

Marriage is the ultimate achievement in life.
God made woman for man and said we should go into the world and procreate.

God did not say - go in the world and get a degree.

All the degrees you have and all the jobs are merely - toiling with hands to eat.
Yet even the bird's and the bees do not toil and they eat.

cry cry cry
Truer words never spoken.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Rate Marriage So Highly? by mutter(f): 10:53am On Jun 30, 2015
FrancisTony:

Why insult fat women to drive home your point?
As in, "consoling?"
Was not meant as an insult. Most women including myself have issues with weight especially after childbearing. It is normal and we should accept it as an issue we have to deal with or live with.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Rate Marriage So Highly? by dinachi(m): 10:54am On Jun 30, 2015
FrancisTony:

Homosexual Marriage?
Dig out my post where I supported it.
Thanks
I believe in live and let live and it doesn't equate marriage.
If you believe in live and let live for homosexual marriage how is that different from what I just said.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Rate Marriage So Highly? by Nobody: 11:03am On Jun 30, 2015
dinachi:

If you believe in live and let live for homosexual marriage how is that different from what I just said.
Same way I believe live and let live for adulterous couples and it doesn't mean I support them and acknowledge their union.

Get the logic!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Rate Marriage So Highly? by lilmax(m): 11:27am On Jun 30, 2015
dinachi:

cheesygrincheesygrin

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Rate Marriage So Highly? by hijodedios: 12:18pm On Jun 30, 2015
Antoinne:

Other more fulfilling things like taking a trip to the Himalayas, ascending mount Everest; studying in a discipline so well to know every single bit about it; becoming a professional in something; inventing a product; breaking barriers in one's field. Why don't Nigerians place more emphasis on this? Why is it so usual to see a woman whose only fulfillment is getting married?

Even after meeting all these goals and you are yet to get married,be you male or female,there is still this vacuum of fulfilment left in you,you can pretend that its not so,you can deny it from here till the next generation,thats just the fact,at least we are talking about the nigerian perspective.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Rate Marriage So Highly? by hijodedios: 12:24pm On Jun 30, 2015
Diddyydiva:
So we are created to marry alone?

Marriage is the only fulfilment in ones life?

pls ....... undecided
Are you married? if yes,why did you get married,if no,are you fulfilled?
please state what else makes you fulfilled.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Rate Marriage So Highly? by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jun 30, 2015
mutter:

All the degrees you have and all the jobs are merely - toiling with hands to eat.
Typical nigerian mindset. Am a guy and if I ever get married am gonna drop dead.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Rate Marriage So Highly? by Teespice(f): 5:03pm On Jun 30, 2015
because to them, marriage is the ultimate. more like reaching the pinnacle of success.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Rate Marriage So Highly? by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jun 30, 2015
hijodedios:

Are you married? if yes,why did you get married,if no,are you fulfilled?
please state what else makes you fulfilled.
what makes me fulfilled is being loved cherished and looked up to.

To snap my finger at anything and its mine

To bring the world down or up at a command

To see people smile

To be heard of all over the world.

That's what makes me fulfilled
Re: Why Do Nigerians Rate Marriage So Highly? by 5minsmadness: 6:34pm On Jun 30, 2015
UyiIredia:

There's nothing wrong with it. The human race survives through marriage, procreation and upbringing so it's vital.
Longest time bros.
Where have you been?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Rate Marriage So Highly? by ireneidiva(f): 6:39pm On Jun 30, 2015
mutter:

Marriage is a wonderful thing. But please marriage is not the ultimate achievement in life. What did you think God meant when he said be fruitful? You think he meant you should go and have 16 children? Pls that's where the degree part comes in. And sit in your house like the birds and bees and wait for food. A marriage where you and your husband are almost killing each other is an achievement right? I give up. Anybody can get married but not anybody can get a degree so this degree you are looking down on is even more of an achievement.

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Rate Marriage So Highly? by UyiIredia(m): 6:39pm On Jun 30, 2015
5minsmadness:
Longest time bros. Where have you been?
Around. Mostly being a silent observer.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Rate Marriage So Highly? by 5minsmadness: 6:44pm On Jun 30, 2015
tensazangetsu:
Typical nigerian mindset. Am a guy and if I ever get married am gonna drop dead.
Should we say AMEN?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Rate Marriage So Highly? by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jun 30, 2015
5minsmadness:

Should we say AMEN?
amen times 1 billion times if tensazangetsu ever gets married he's gonna die on the spot.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Rate Marriage So Highly? by hijodedios: 8:27pm On Jun 30, 2015
Diddyydiva:
what makes me fulfilled is being loved cherished and looked up to.

To snap my finger at anything and its mine

To bring the world down or up at a command

To see people smile

To be heard of all over the world.

That's what makes me fulfilled

And what about my first question? i think thats the crux of this matter.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Rate Marriage So Highly? by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jun 30, 2015
hijodedios:

And what about my first question? i think thats the crux of this matter.
Am not married and am not fulfilled yet because I haven't achieved those things I mentioned
Re: Why Do Nigerians Rate Marriage So Highly? by hijodedios: 8:52pm On Jun 30, 2015
Diddyydiva:
Am not married and am not fulfilled yet because I haven't gotten married grin grin grin(achieved those things I mentioned)

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Rate Marriage So Highly? by mutter(f): 9:21pm On Jun 30, 2015
ireneidiva:

Marriage is a wonderful thing. But please marriage is not the ultimate achievement in life. What did you think God meant when he said be fruitful? You think he meant you should go and have 16 children? Pls that's where the degree part comes in. And sit in your house like the birds and bees and wait for food. A marriage where you and your husband are almost killing each other is an achievement right? I give up. Anybody can get married but not anybody can get a degree so this degree you are looking down on is even more of an achievement.

Well I worked allot harder at my degree than at having a baby but the joy I had with the birth of my child can never be compared with a degree grin

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Rate Marriage So Highly? by Antoinne: 9:36pm On Jun 30, 2015
mutter:

Is that not a sign of cluelessness comparing fat with unmarried?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Rate Marriage So Highly? by Antoinne: 9:40pm On Jun 30, 2015
hijodedios:

Even after meeting all these goals and you are yet to get married,be you male or female,there is still this vacuum of fulfilment left in you,you can pretend that its not so,you can deny it from here till the next generation,thats just the fact,at least we are talking about the nigerian perspective.
I'm actually trying to find this vacuum, but can't find it. Is that just the Nigerian pressure determining your thoughts?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Rate Marriage So Highly? by NifemiOlu(m): 5:58am On Jul 01, 2015
It's funny when people say marriage is not highly rated in Europe or America. Keep deceiving yourselves. You're getting the wrong impression from the media. What goes on the ground in those countries are never portrayed in the media. Up until now, except for a few people, many people didn't know America has a chronic race issue.
As per marriage, it's highly rated everywhere. In the case of Nigeria, those things people do to get married is the extreme aspect of it and what goes on during the marriage. Many people are not happy yet they can't break off. That's why we feel marriage is overrated in Nigeria. In Nigeria, many people die in silence but in Europe, they have freedom and will to quit any unfortunate or unfavourable marriage. Also people rush. George Clooney isn't married yet but he said he will eventually marry...at when he feels right but the main point is, he's going to get married. So, it all comes down to being married at some point in life even if it may not last.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Rate Marriage So Highly? by mutter(f): 11:33am On Jul 01, 2015
Antoinne:

Is that not a sign of cluelessness comparing fat with unmarried?

Don`t you think you are being rude angry

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Rate Marriage So Highly? by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jul 01, 2015
[quote author=hijodedios post=35337792][/quote] keep decieving yaself
Re: Why Do Nigerians Rate Marriage So Highly? by pickabeau1: 4:35pm On Jul 01, 2015
NifemiOlu:
It's funny when people say marriage is not highly rated in Europe or America. Keep deceiving yourselves. You're getting the wrong impression from the media. What goes on the ground in those countries are never portrayed in the media. Up until now, except for a few people, many people didn't know America has a chronic race issue.
As per marriage, it's highly rated everywhere. In the case of Nigeria, those things people do to get married is the extreme aspect of it and what goes on during the marriage. Many people are not happy yet they can't break off. That's why we feel marriage is overrated in Nigeria. In Nigeria, many people die in silence but in Europe, they have freedom and will to quit any unfortunate or unfavourable marriage. Also people rush. George Clooney isn't married yet but he said he will eventually marry...at when he feels right but the main point is, he's going to get married. So, it all comes down to being married at some point in life even if it may not last.

He is married now

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Rate Marriage So Highly? by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jul 01, 2015
Antoinne:

Other more fulfilling things like taking a trip to the Himalayas, ascending mount Everest; studying in a discipline so well to know every single bit about it; becoming a professional in something; inventing a product; breaking barriers in one's field. Why don't Nigerians place more emphasis on this? Why is it so usual to see a woman whose only fulfillment is getting married?

You're very right. We've set the bar waaaayy too low for ourselves, it really is pathetic angry

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Rate Marriage So Highly? by Nobody: 6:22am On Jul 02, 2015
Antoinne:

The ignorant can lay claim to this at this moment. So I'll grant you Antoinne wouldn't have existed. Then again, it wouldn't have stopped another sane, rational person born of a woman from asking this question.

In later ages we should expect science to be able to create humans from mere cells, and not from heterosexual reproduction.
U seriously think dats comparable 2 a child u carry in ur womb 4 9mnths?i dnt think u mean ivf...@topic,life's a sphere wt social,intellectual,spiritual,physical aspects,no 1part is more/less important than d other.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How do I solve this problem? / See Hilarious Comments On Social Media As Price Noodles Drops From 18500 To14k / Who Do You Obey? (for The Girls)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.