Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:52 AM

Anyone Studying In Belgium? - Travel (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Anyone Studying In Belgium? (239354 Views)

Unruly Behavior: 43 Nigerians Deported From Germany, Belgium And Italy / 28 Nigerians Deported From Italy,belgium / Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (77) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jul 15, 2016
where does your sponsor live?
Diente:

Did your sponsor appear physically at the embassy?

Thanks for your response
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Diente: 5:26pm On Jul 15, 2016
My sponsor lives in Lagos but they are currently in the us on holiday
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by fikki1: 5:37pm On Jul 15, 2016
Diente:
Thank you guys so much for the prompt response.

My Programme starts on 20th September so I have only a few weeks to sort everything out.

Can I go to any ministry of education or all must be done in Abuja?

What do I need to take to the moe and mfa? Is it just the certificates? How long does it take in the ministry?

I want to consolidate all my plans and see if I can submit next week.

My sponsor is very busy and want to delegate his pa with the documents. Do you think with a power of attorney they would be allowed?

Thanks again

Diente

Your sponsor must be present, as there are questions he/she needs to answer and above all he/she need to sign as the signature needs to be legalised...

All document you need to submit must be legalised before embassy will accept it, I.e. All official documents...

Within 2days or 3 u should be done with MOE and MOFA... Den embassy, which can only be done on Tuesdays or Thursdays btw 9-10 am on d specified days

All documents must be done at the ministries in Abuja.....

Note: Express at Moe is around 1k per page, mofa 1500 per page or less depending on your agent, embassy 6200 per legalised document/page....

U can talk or ask Bayo.. He did it himself 300 per page from both ministries...

Your sponsor should be able to proof a monthly income of about 1617 minimum if he/she has no dependant, but incase of dependant multiply 150 euros by number of dependant e.g 150*3(2children n wife) and add it to 1617 euros, dat will make up for the required money(monthly earning) before he/she can act as a sponsor

Personal advise...look for foreign sponsor...
best of luck ...enjoy

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Diente: 5:54pm On Jul 15, 2016
Thank you so much!

Fikki,

If I got a foreign sponsor would the process be less tedious?

Can you give me a hint as to why a foreign sponsor is preferable? Would the foreign sponsor be asked to go through all this stress? I have an uncle who is an American citizen who also works with the American government who can help. He is however very busy. I'll ask him . Thanks for you help. You guys are making me think there just may be hope
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by fikki1: 6:11pm On Jul 15, 2016
Diente:
Thank you so much!

Fikki,

If I got a foreign sponsor would the process be less tedious?

Can you give me a hint as to why a foreign sponsor is preferable? Would the foreign sponsor be asked to go through all this stress? I have an uncle who is an American citizen who also works with the American government who can help. He is however very busy. I'll ask him . Thanks for you help. You guys are making me think there just may be hope

Let me say... Foreign sponsor easily gets their signature n docs recognised and certified, I.e sufficient solvency is easy to attain ... But nigeria sponsor is difficult, in Nigeria, the embassy will want to see an income of 640,000 naira monthly(with 2 dependants) dats about 2000 euros or more depending on number of dependants.. Except the person works in a high n good firm, getting dat amount is tough. But a foreign sponsor can earn dat amount legitimately, if you understand wat I mean..take for instance someone in UK can earn 1800pounds n the person is good to sponsor.. Dats my take.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Diente: 6:23pm On Jul 15, 2016
I understand why you mean.....

I am going to work on it all weekend and be in Abuja next week hopefully to sort things out. I called one hospital in Lagos and the medical school is 20k there so I'll do that before leaving.

Thank you so much.

Last question, I don't have any agent because I did all the applications myself and up until this point I have just been going with what I read on the websites. The visa process just seemed so hard until I read up on this thread on nairaland and found others on a similar path.

Are you using an agent or did you also go through the process yourself?
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by fikki1: 6:39pm On Jul 15, 2016
Diente:
I understand why you mean.....

I am going to work on it all weekend and be in Abuja next week hopefully to sort things out. I called one hospital in Lagos and the medical school is 20k there so I'll do that before leaving.

Thank you so much.

Last question, I don't have any agent because I did all the applications myself and up until this point I have just been going with what I read on the websites. The visa process just seemed so hard until I read up on this thread on nairaland and found others on a similar path.

Are you using an agent or did you also go through the process yourself?

am doing it all maself, but the legalisation I gave it to an agent due to the fact dat I stay in lag, I cant keep going n coming, so I delegate it to her to make my legalisation less tedious on my path... But above that.. I did all myself, don't forget police report, u can do dat in lag before going too...you can do dat in alagbon
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Diente: 7:02pm On Jul 15, 2016
Thank you so much you have been just to helpful!!!

Last question please is it allowed on this forum for you to please share your agents details with me?

I'll appreciate it please.

Otherwise my email is dientebiene@gmail.com

I feel relieved right now!
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by fikki1: 7:40pm On Jul 15, 2016
Diente:
Thank you so much you have been just to helpful!!!

Last question please is it allowed on this forum for you to please share your agents details with me?

I'll appreciate it please.

Otherwise my email is dientebiene@gmail.com

I feel relieved right now!

Ok sir, will do...
Thank u too sir

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Nobody: 8:23am On Jul 19, 2016
Fikki how are you my Oga at the top. Greetings to Tunde and Bayo. Any updates guys
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Franmeme: 9:30am On Jul 20, 2016
Hello Belgium prospective students, just to let you know that legalization at the Royal Embassy of Belgium, Usuma Street, Abuja is now 6,200 naira per document and also application fee at VFS located at Lobito Crescent, Abuja is now 65,500 naira you also need to pay the additional visa fee to the home office in euro (215euro). My wife just submitted and waiting for her interview. I may answer questions too because i had lived in Belgium where i studied in 2012 but came back to Naija because of some personal stuffs although i got admitted this year to a popular university there too this year and another in Czech republic, i've started processing that of Czech already. Advice, try to hold tight to what you have and do not let it go.. Good luck. Belgium is a nice place, friendly people and lovely sights and cities. Brother you can have job while schooling too. Just to mention but few. Good luck to y'all.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Nobody: 10:50am On Jul 20, 2016
Thank you. But the additional fee is 160 Euro not 215 as you pointed out.

Thank you once more

Franmeme:
Hello Belgium prospective students, just to let you know that legalization at the Royal Embassy of Belgium, Usuma Street, Abuja is now 6,200 naira per document and also application fee at VFS located at Lobito Crescent, Abuja is now 65,500 naira you also need to pay the additional visa fee to the home office in euro (215euro). My wife just submitted and waiting for her interview. I may answer questions too because i had lived in Belgium where i studied in 2012 but came back to Naija because of some personal stuffs although i got admitted this year to a popular university there too this year and another in Czech republic, i've started processing that of Czech already. Advice, try to hold tight to what you have and do not let it go.. Good luck. Belgium is a nice place, friendly people and lovely sights and cities. Brother you can have job while schooling too. Just to mention but few. Good luck to y'all.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by fikki1: 12:41pm On Jul 20, 2016
Franmeme:

Yeah, thanks bro, but the additional fee is 160 as indicated by name or is your wife going to study in a private institution..anyway.. Do you have idea about the visa interview? Though it been long i assume but can you give us insight please. Waiting to submit my application by September... General but necessary info pls..thanks

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jul 20, 2016
Fikki 1 we have said here times without number that there is no visa interview at the embassy. Only a questionnaire that you will be required to fill.

Thanks once more

fikki1:

Yeah, thanks bro, but the additional fee is 160 as indicated by name or is your wife going to study in a private institution..anyway.. Do you have idea about the visa interview? Though it been long i assume but can you give us insight please. Waiting to submit my application by September... General but necessary info pls..thanks
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Franmeme: 5:09pm On Jul 20, 2016
fikki1:

A friend of mine who is currently studying in Belgium paid 160euro last year but VFS asked him to make the balance of 215euros. At VFS office, they will ask you the amount you pay but trust me you will make the balance of 215euros before they will collect your application. My wife is going for studies at Ghent. Anyway, i believe the 160euros is probably for people less than 26years but not lesser than 18 because laws in Belgium gives them right to certain benefits including reduction in amount of certain fee they are to pay. Please check my upload about this. Belgium visa is one of the easiest to get i must confess. make sure your guarantor or sponsor receives nothing less than 500-600K because of exchange rate. The interview is usually written but you may be asked to bring some supporting documents like your NYSC which was my case in 2012. Please take note of the following:
Why the course
What impact it will have
You need to know the name and full address of the school
Then the contact person in the school, maybe the person in charge of the international students
The person name and address
They also asked about your sponsor
Where he or she works and the no. of children
Also about your plans after studying
Also, there was a question that says will you stay back after your studies?
Also they asked what will you do if you fail in the first year
why Belgium?
To mention but few. It's for an hour of more but the rushing "nor be yeh oh"
Good luck

3 Likes

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jul 20, 2016
Thanks for your input. Pls many of us have paid the additional fee. It is 160euros unless u enrol in a private uni. Your friend may have been filled by vfs. To add Belgian embassy does not conduct any interview. What they do usually is to ask you to fill a questionnaire simply.
Once more thanks for your contribution

Franmeme:

A friend of mine who is currently studying in Belgium paid 160euro last year but VFS asked him to make the balance of 215euros. At VFS office, they will ask you the amount you pay but trust me you will make the balance of 215euros before they will collect your application. My wife is going for studies at Ghent. Anyway, i believe the 160euros is probably for people less than 26years but not lesser than 18 because laws in Belgium gives them right to certain benefits including reduction in amount of certain fee they are to pay. Please check my upload about this. Belgium visa is one of the easiest to get i must confess. make sure your guarantor or sponsor receives nothing less than 500-600K because of exchange rate. The interview is usually written but you may be asked to bring some supporting documents like your NYSC which was my case in 2012. Please take note of the following:
Why the course
What impact it will have
Then the contact person in the school, maybe the person in charge of the international students
why Belgium?
Good luck
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jul 20, 2016
Thanks for your input. Pls many of us have paid the additional fee and it was accepted. It is 160euros unless u enrol in a private uni. 215euro is for family reunion. Check the pdf file you have posted here. Your friend may have been filled by vfs. To add Belgian embassy does not conduct any interview. What they do usually is to ask you to fill a questionnaire simply.

Franmeme:

Why the course
What impact it will have
why Belgium?
Good luck
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by fikki1: 5:46pm On Jul 20, 2016
Franmeme:

Why the course
What impact it will have
why Belgium?
Good luck
Thanks bro, dats really helpful and lifting, guess most of us re using foreign sponsor.. Will make research on d additional fee, cos we saw it on article 58 if u understand..thanks bro
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Franmeme: 7:35pm On Jul 20, 2016
namebdis4:
Thanks for your input. Pls many of us have paid the additional fee. It is 160euros unless u enrol in a private uni. Your friend may have been filled by vfs. To add Belgian embassy does not conduct any interview. What they do usually is to ask you to fill a questionnaire simply.

No problem my pal, but has the person that paid 160euros submitted his or her application and it was accepted already? If yes, ask for his or her age then know whether it is less than 26years but if no, you can mail VFS to find out. Like i said before, it's written interview however, the embassy staff may ask you some addition questions. It is clearly stated in their web site that there will be interview. See, they will ask yo to write an essay on your intended course. Anyway, like i said, Belgian study visa is one of the easiest to get. Have a nice time
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Franmeme: 7:38pm On Jul 20, 2016
fikki1:

Thanks bro, dats really helpful and lifting, guess most of us re using foreign sponsor.. Will make research on d additional fee, cos we saw it on article 58 if u understand..thanks bro
You can get more information from VFS to clarify but two friends of mine paid 215euros last year and my wife making it the third person, paid same 215euros this year. I just verified now, you are to pay 215euros if you are above 21years. Please find an extract i got from the checklist for those applying for Belgian study visa . I tried uploading but the files are too large
Attention: the visa application must contain the legalized sponsorship form. If the sponsorship form in the visa file is not legalized by the Embassy prior to submission of the file, the sponsor will not be contacted and the visa will most probably be refused.
for the academic year 2015-2016 the sponsor needs to prove a regular income of at least 1617€ monthly. (617€ for the student + 1000€ for the sponsor himself + if applicable 150€ for every person already dependent on the sponsor).
If you are over 21 (article 58) or over 18 (article 9), a certificate attesting the lack of any convictions for crimes or offences under common law issued not more than six months prior to the date of application (police character certificate). This document has to be legalized.
 A medical certificate issued by a Belgian Embassy approved medical doctor issued not more than six months prior to the date of application. Please check the list of approved medical practitioners.If you are over 21 (article 58) or over 18 (article 9). Please refer to page three (3) and check the "b" part.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by dbay01(m): 8:57pm On Jul 20, 2016
Hello bosses! Sorry it's been a while I came on here... Been very occupied as a result of my trip to Abuja for processing! To narrate my experience;
Firstly the whole processing thingy is easy. One will definitely start with academic documents authentication at the ministry of education followed by that of the ministry of foreign affairs. It's something everyone can do by him/herself but if you don't have the time, there are agents that can get the job done in little or no time (could be worth it most times). Good thing is that both ministries are close to each other in the central area.

At the ministry of education:
Go to the ministry early with your original academic documents and 3 photocopies each and a waec scratch card and a big brown envelope (they can be purchased there too anyway). You will be given a form to fill at a token of around #150. You then proceed to a cyber cafe to generate a remita payment invoice. Take this to any bank n pay. Change the deposit slip and bank print-out to receipt at the revenue office and proceed for the submission of the form. You will be told wen to come for your documents. (same day when I did mine)

At the ministry of foreign affairs:
This is relatively easier. Generate a remita payment invoice and make payments to any bank (300 multiplied by the number of your documents). Take the bank print-out and deposit slip along with your documents (academic documents must be authenticated first by ministry of education) for submission before 12noon. The documents must be submitted with one photocopy each. (The documents must be submitted in a clear folder else you will have to walk all the way down to get one). You will be told to come back by 2/3pm for collection.

Legalization at the Belgium embassy (9, Usuma Street, Maitama)
Someone has explained this above. Submitting time is strictly between 9-10am and collection anytime from 3pm. Legalization is #6200 per document. Legalization forms can be printed from the vfs website.

Submission at vfs (Lobito Cresent, Wuse 2)
Make 2 photocopies each of your legalized documents (front n back cos legalization is done at the back) and 4 coloured photocopies of the data page and used pages of your international passport. White background 45X35 sized passport photograph (pls try n confirm the size). Can't give the details of the fees but I know the handling fee is #9300, sms service is #400 and FedEx courier service (to return your documents) varies depending on the location with #4500 being the highest amount. There was no interview whatsoever at the vfs centre. You should receive a mail the same day notifying you that your application has been sent to the Belgium Embassy.

Your questions regarding the above are welcome...
Cc them bosses @fikki1 @namebdis @tunde @ccsurplus

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by fikki1: 9:02pm On Jul 20, 2016
Franmeme:

You can get more information from VFS to clarify but two friends of mine paid 215euros last year and my wife making it the third person, paid same 215euros this year. I just verified now, you are to pay 215euros if you are above 21years. Please find an extract i got from the checklist for those applying for Belgian study visa . I tried uploading but the files are too large
Attention: the visa application must contain the legalized sponsorship form. If the sponsorship form in the visa file is not legalized by the Embassy prior to submission of the file, the sponsor will not be contacted and the visa will most probably be refused.
for the academic year 2015-2016 the sponsor needs to prove a regular income of at least 1617€ monthly. (617€ for the student + 1000€ for the sponsor himself + if applicable 150€ for every person already dependent on the sponsor).
If you are over 21 (article 58) or over 18 (article 9), a certificate attesting the lack of any convictions for crimes or offences under common law issued not more than six months prior to the date of application (police character certificate). This document has to be legalized.
 A medical certificate issued by a Belgian Embassy approved medical doctor issued not more than six months prior to the date of application. Please check the list of approved medical practitioners.If you are over 21 (article 58) or over 18 (article 9). Please refer to page three (3) and check the "b" part.

Incase bro, how do we balance the payment, since the article numbers ate different, moreover have paid the 160 so how do I pay the balance, is there a document/ form for it or how did u go about your then... Thanks for your chance insight...
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by fikki1: 9:05pm On Jul 20, 2016
dbay01:
Hello bosses! Sorry it's been a while I came on here... Been very occupied as a result of my trip to Abuja for processing! To narrate my experience;
Firstly the whole processing thingy is easy. One will definitely start with academic documents authentication at the ministry of education followed by that of the ministry of foreign affairs. It's something everyone can do by him/herself but if you don't have the time, there are agents that can get the job done in little or no time (could be worth it most times). Good thing is that both ministries are close to each other in the central area.

Go to the ministry early with your original academic documents and 3 photocopies each and a waec scratch card and a big brown envelope (they can be purchased there too anyway). You will be given a form to fill at a token of around #150. You then proceed to a cyber cafe to generate a remita payment invoice. Take this to any bank n pay. Change the deposit slip and bank print-out to receipt at the revenue office and proceed for the submission of the form. You will be told wen to come for your documents. (same day when I did mine)

This is relatively easier. Generate a remita payment invoice and make payments to any bank (300 multiplied by the number of your documents). Take the bank print-out and deposit slip along with your documents (academic documents must be authenticated first by ministry of education) for submission before 12noon. The documents must be submitted with one photocopy each. (The documents must be submitted in a clear folder else you will have to walk all the way down to get one). You will be told to come back by 2/3pm for collection.

Someone has explained this above. Submitting time is strictly between 9-10am and collection anytime from 3pm. Legalization is #6200 per document. Legalization forms can be printed from the vfs website.

Make 2 photocopies each of your legalized documents (front n back cos legalization is done at the back) and 4 coloured photocopies of the data page and used pages of your international passport. White background 45X35 sized passport photograph (pls try n confirm the size). Can't give the details of the fees but I know the handling fee is #9300, sms service is #400 and FedEx courier service (to return your documents) varies depending on the location with #4500 being the highest amount. There was no interview whatsoever at the vfs centre. You should receive a mail the same day notifying you that your application has been sent to the Belgium Embassy.

You na boss na...abeg did u pay the administrative fee? or u didn't ...if u did, how much? Its urgent ooo

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by dbay01(m): 10:21pm On Jul 20, 2016
fikki1:

You na boss na...abeg did u pay the administrative fee? or u didn't ...if u did, how much? Its urgent ooo
We didn't pay. Vlir advocated for its waiver for us
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Nobody: 12:58am On Jul 21, 2016
Fikki fit state own institution it is 160euro period.
Look the attachment below from Ughent.

Do you think they be fool abi. There is nothing about age as regards to additional fee

I will add more proofs later

fikki1:

Incase bro, how do we balance the payment, since the article numbers ate different, moreover have paid the 160 so how do I pay the balance, is there a document/ form for it or how did u go about your then... Thanks for your chance insight...

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Franmeme: 7:01am On Jul 21, 2016
fikki1:

Hello fikki1, i would first advice you send VFS Global an email to know your stand about the issue, but my friend not me, had to pay through a friend schooling in Belgium the balance. One thing i'm sure of is that i'm conversant with Belgian laws and lots more. There is no short-route to getting it over there. I decided to chip-in this issue because i felt time has gone and in order for you to avoid further delay. Try to hear from the "horses mouth" (VFS). Although today is Belgian National Day. Good luck
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Franmeme: 7:27am On Jul 21, 2016
namebdis4:
Fikki fit state own institution it is 160euro period.
Look the attachment below from Ughent.

Do you think they be fool abi. There is nothing about age as regards to additional fee

I will add more proofs later

The University gives a general checklist because they have students coming from all over the world including America and you don't even have same visa requirement with a guy from the USA but your specific checklist is given by the embassy in your country. My brother for us to be sure just send a mail to VFS and take whatever they tell you. Good luck
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jul 21, 2016
I am telling you what right and which I know
Franmeme:

The University gives a general checklist because they have students coming from all over the world including America and you don't even have same visa requirement with a guy from the USA but your specific checklist is given by the embassy in your country. My brother for us to be sure just send a mail to VFS and take whatever they tell you. Good luck
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by fikki1: 1:19pm On Jul 21, 2016
Franmeme:

Hello fikki1, i would first advice you send VFS Global an email to know your stand about the issue, but my friend not me, had to pay through a friend schooling in Belgium the balance. One thing i'm sure of is that i'm conversant with Belgian laws and lots more. There is no short-route to getting it over there. I decided to chip-in this issue because i felt time has gone and in order for you to avoid further delay. Try to hear from the "horses mouth" (VFS). Although today is Belgian National Day. Good luck

Thanks bro... Wil reach the embassy tomorrow..already called vfs was asked to reach embassy..all well and good, thanks a lot for the eye opening... I sent u pm though...
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Kbright39: 5:10pm On Jul 21, 2016
Hello bosses in the house, I will be studying in Brussel by September and I need help to RENT HOUSE, I can stay with guys or stay alone.

Thanks bosses.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jul 21, 2016
This is a nice one Bayo. Keep up the good work bro.

dbay01:

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by dbay01(m): 7:47pm On Jul 21, 2016
[quote author=namebdis4 post=47760047]This is a nice one Bayo. Keep up the good work bro.

Thanks boss. We're here for one another.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (77) (Reply)

Turkey Visa Application Delay / The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.