Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,801 members, 7,820,805 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:07 PM

Anyone Studying In Belgium? - Travel (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Anyone Studying In Belgium? (239137 Views)

Unruly Behavior: 43 Nigerians Deported From Germany, Belgium And Italy / 28 Nigerians Deported From Italy,belgium / Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (77) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Banta: 10:31pm On Jul 21, 2016
fikki1:

You na boss na...abeg did u pay the administrative fee? or u didn't ...if u did, how much? Its urgent ooo

Administrative fee is 160 euros for a public university and 215 euros for a private university. U can transfer the fund using a domiciliary account
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Banta: 10:36pm On Jul 21, 2016
@fikki,

Administrative fee is 160 euros for a public university and 215 euros for a private university. U can transfer the fund using a domiciliary account

I will study in KU LEUVEN and I paid 160 euros.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Nobody: 1:37am On Jul 22, 2016
Thanks for the information. Have you drop your visa application at the embassy already?

Banta:
@fikki,

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by fikki1: 12:21pm On Jul 23, 2016
Banta:
@fikki,

Thanks bro...God will turn it all to joy...

Happy weekend pals...

Enjoy the dag

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Banta: 11:06am On Jul 26, 2016
namebdis4:
Thanks for the information. Have you drop your visa application at the embassy already?

Yes, I have submitted my application
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jul 26, 2016
What application are you talking about please. Is it application for admission or visa application. Please make it clear thanks
Banta:

Yes, I have submitted my application
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Banta: 9:09pm On Jul 26, 2016
namebdis4:
What application are you talking about please. Is it application for admission or visa application. Please make it clear thanks

Lol.
From, your question and my previous comment, it is clear that I am referring to visa application

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by BiafraBushBoy(m): 7:19pm On Jul 27, 2016
dbay01:
Hello bosses! Sorry it's been a while I came on here... Been very occupied as a result of my trip to Abuja for processing! To narrate my experience;
Firstly the whole processing thingy is easy. One will definitely start with academic documents authentication at the ministry of education followed by that of the ministry of foreign affairs. It's something everyone can do by him/herself but if you don't have the time, there are agents that can get the job done in little or no time (could be worth it most times). Good thing is that both ministries are close to each other in the central area.

At the ministry of education:
Go to the ministry early with your original academic documents and 3 photocopies each and a waec scratch card and a big brown envelope (they can be purchased there too anyway). You will be given a form to fill at a token of around #150. You then proceed to a cyber cafe to generate a remita payment invoice. Take this to any bank n pay. Change the deposit slip and bank print-out to receipt at the revenue office and proceed for the submission of the form. You will be told wen to come for your documents. (same day when I did mine)

At the ministry of foreign affairs:
This is relatively easier. Generate a remita payment invoice and make payments to any bank (300 multiplied by the number of your documents). Take the bank print-out and deposit slip along with your documents (academic documents must be authenticated first by ministry of education) for submission before 12noon. The documents must be submitted with one photocopy each. (The documents must be submitted in a clear folder else you will have to walk all the way down to get one). You will be told to come back by 2/3pm for collection.

Legalization at the Belgium embassy (9, Usuma Street, Maitama)
Someone has explained this above. Submitting time is strictly between 9-10am and collection anytime from 3pm. Legalization is #6200 per document. Legalization forms can be printed from the vfs website.

Submission at vfs (Lobito Cresent, Wuse 2)
Make 2 photocopies each of your legalized documents (front n back cos legalization is done at the back) and 4 coloured photocopies of the data page and used pages of your international passport. White background 45X35 sized passport photograph (pls try n confirm the size). Can't give the details of the fees but I know the handling fee is #9300, sms service is #400 and FedEx courier service (to return your documents) varies depending on the location with #4500 being the highest amount. There was no interview whatsoever at the vfs centre. You should receive a mail the same day notifying you that your application has been sent to the Belgium Embassy.

Your questions regarding the above are welcome...
Cc them bosses @fikki1 @namebdis @tunde @ccsurplus

Please bro, I gat few questions for you. Can I send you a pm?

Please reply Asap smiley
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Nobody: 12:13am On Jul 28, 2016
Ask the question here please

BiafraBushBoy:

Please bro, I gat few questions for you. Can I send you a pm?

Please reply Asap smiley
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by BiafraBushBoy(m): 12:18am On Jul 28, 2016
namebdis4:
Ask the question here please

Someone has explained this above. Submitting time is strictly between 9-10am and collection anytime from 3pm. Legalization is #6200 per document. Legalization forms can be printed from the vfs website.

Make 2 photocopies each of your legalized documents (front n back cos legalization is done at the back) and 4 coloured photocopies of the data page and used pages of your international passport. White background 45X35 sized passport photograph (pls try n confirm the size). Can't give the details of the fees but I know the handling fee is #9300, sms service is #400 and FedEx courier service (to return your documents) varies depending on the location with #4500 being the highest amount. There was no interview whatsoever at the vfs centre. You should receive a mail the same day notifying you that your application has been sent to the Belgium Embassy.

At the bolded, what does it mean?

Because I am just strating my own process... because I don't want to lose track. Thanks for your speedy reply smiley

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by dbay01(m): 4:50am On Jul 28, 2016
BiafraBushBoy:

At the bolded, what does it mean?

Because I am just strating my own process... because I don't want to lose track. Thanks for your speedy reply smiley
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by dbay01(m): 4:54am On Jul 28, 2016
Vfs is the visa application Centre. They are a 3rd party Centre that represents the embassy. Their website is http://www.vfsglobal.com/Belgium/Nigeria/ you can get more info from there.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by oluwamitomisin: 8:37pm On Jul 30, 2016
Thanks to all contributors on this thread. I happened to be compelled to read from page 1 to 18 in 2 straight days. And I must say I was enlightened. I got an offer (predoctoral} to ku leuven. I had earlier studied in Malaysia and visa there was pretty easy. But at the look of things here, Belgium visa processing looks like a daunting task. I need hyping my morals. Yet to figure out where to start the process.

Banta, how did you come across the starting date? My offer letter didn't state any start date.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by generalbush(m): 9:07pm On Jul 30, 2016
Belgium doesn't offer a chance to stay back in the country after graduation. So please choose wisely..

Thanks smiley
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by generalbush(m): 9:10pm On Jul 30, 2016
oluwamitomisin:
Thanks to all contributors on this thread. I happened to be compelled to read from page 1 to 18 in 2 straight days. And I must say I was enlightened. I got an offer (predoctoral} to ku leuven. I had earlier studied in Malaysia and visa there was pretty easy. But at the look of things here, Belgium visa processing looks like a daunting task. I need hyping my morals. Yet to figure out where to start the process.

Banta, how did you come across the starting date? My offer letter didn't state any start date.

Why didn't you stay back and work in Malaysia??

It is better than Belgium
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Banta: 1:02am On Jul 31, 2016
oluwamitomisin:

It is stated on the second page of the admission letter.
I presume urs was not stated since you are a predocoral student and there is no strict resumption date for doctoral programs.
You need to contact ur proposed supervisor
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Nobody: 4:43am On Jul 31, 2016
Who told you that Malaysia is better then Belgium. please do your research well

Thanks

generalbush:

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by oluwamitomisin: 5:00am On Jul 31, 2016
generalbush:

Have you been to both countries before? Please tell me more about both. I have an offer (with fully funded scholarship) from Malaysia. But then with what I know and I've seen I doubt if Malaysia could beat any European country. My opinion is malleable though.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by oluwamitomisin: 5:02am On Jul 31, 2016
Banta:

It is stated on the second page of the admission letter.
I presume urs was not stated since you are a predocoral student and there is no strict resumption date for doctoral programs.
You need to contact ur proposed supervisor

Mine wasn't stated. I'll be in touch with my supervisor over there. Have you started visa application? What stage are you? I need a guide.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by generalbush(m): 8:32am On Jul 31, 2016
oluwamitomisin:

Have you been to both countries before? Please tell me more about both. I have an offer (with fully funded scholarship) from Malaysia. But then with what I know and I've seen I doubt if Malaysia could beat any European country. My opinion is malleable though.

I am even thinking of going to Singapore to study...

In Belgium, the job market is down. They don't offer visa extension after study if you don't get a Job euthin your visa stay..

So you will just go and dash them your hard earned money only to come back after studies.

But in most Asain countries, that give you up to 6 months upwards...

How did you get your scholarship... you can help me.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by generalbush(m): 8:34am On Jul 31, 2016
namebdis4:
Who told you that Malaysia is better then Belgium. please do your research well

Thanks

Belgium is better in terms of what??

Tell me!!

Because it is Europe?? and they use Euros??

Will they let you stay back and get a Job??..

Tell me...
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Nobody: 9:08am On Jul 31, 2016
Hahahaha, have you been to any Asian country before. I am in Thailand and I am talking because I know how Asian countries are and I have been to Malaysia couple of times for extension of my Thai. There are no jobs there for foreigner either. Go and do more research and again and ask well and you will be told.

generalbush:

Belgium is better in terms of what??

Tell me!!

Because it is Europe?? and they use Euros??

Will they let you stay back and get a Job??..

Tell me...
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by generalbush(m): 9:53am On Jul 31, 2016
namebdis4:
Hahahaha, have you been to any Asian country before. I am in Thailand and I am talking because I know how Asian countries are and I have been to Malaysia couple of times for extension of my Thai. There are no jobs there for foreigner either. Go and do more research and again and ask well and you will be told.

Then do well and head to Singapore...

Thank me later
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Nobody: 10:28am On Jul 31, 2016
Lol
generalbush:

Then do well and head to Singapore...

Thank me later
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by generalbush(m): 12:35pm On Jul 31, 2016
namebdis4:
Lol

But on a more serious note folks....

European countries are not the best shot for people who want to settle down in a country after graduation.

Ask me why...

We will share ideas... smiley
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by fikki1: 2:47pm On Jul 31, 2016
generalbush:

I am even thinking of going to Singapore to study...

In Belgium, the job market is down. They don't offer visa extension after study if you don't get a Job euthin your visa stay..

So you will just go and dash them your hard earned money only to come back after studies.

But in most Asain countries, that give you up to 6 months upwards...

How did you get your scholarship... you can help me.

Thanks a lot General you did well... I dont mean to be rude.. But if you check the Topic well it indicated Belgium n not Malaysia or Singapore.. Anyone applying knows the economic in which he or she wishes to apply, so to say..are you saying because UK doesn't give student extension, its not ok to study, and what gives you the impression that he intends to 'park the bus' in the country he wishes to learn.. Please, do not confuse. He that sat and chose a country has a reason for choosing such, this is a Belgium thread..please we will appreciate any information regarding that and not comparison on why one shouldn't study in Belgium.
Have you been to Belgium and have you been to Malaysia.. I have not.. So please dont tell me my decision is wrong.

Everyone has a reason... But don't spew such to break the spirit of one who has gone through stages of processing.

Belgium and Singapore re in two different continents.. You can create a thread for the comparison if you love it..

Thanks bro.

5 Likes

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by generalbush(m): 3:28pm On Jul 31, 2016
fikki1:

Thanks a lot General you did well... I dont mean to be rude.. But if you check the Topic well it indicated Belgium n not Malaysia or Singapore.. Anyone applying knows the economic in which he or she wishes to apply, so to say..are you saying because UK doesn't give student extension, its not ok to study, and what gives you the impression that he intends to 'park the bus' in the country he wishes to learn.. Please, do not confuse. He that sat and chose a country has a reason for choosing such, this is a Belgium thread..please we will appreciate any information regarding that and not comparison on why one shouldn't study in Belgium.
Have you been to Belgium and have you been to Malaysia.. I have not.. So please dont tell me my decision is wrong.

Everyone has a reason... But don't spew such to break the spirit of one who has gone through stages of processing.

Belgium and Singapore re in two different continents.. You can create a thread for the comparison if you love it..

Thanks bro.

Thanks Bro I get... Just That some people might have that notion. So I wanted to clear it. cool
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by oluwamitomisin: 5:49pm On Jul 31, 2016
generalbush:

Thanks Bro I get... Just That some people might have that notion. So I wanted to clear it. cool

Please don't derail this thread Bro. I didn't bring Malaysia up in my previous post to try make a comparison between the two. But please do some findings about South East Asia and Europe very well before making a decision or advising people. Here are some of my views:

1. Malaysia visa is so cheap but they don't offer a stay after your study. In fact you can't work while studying.
2. A Malaysian lecturer of mine who studied in Belgium advised me to consider Belgium for me next move provided I have the means. He knows what he's saying.
3. Think of quantity versus quality.

For scholarship in Malaysia, be on the lookout for Malaysia international scholarship, it opens between January and March. You'll need have an offer by then, and they require ielts or toefl. Scholarship is only for students in public universities.

Singapore is far more expensive than Malaysia. Studying there is like studying in Australia or UK in terms of cost, and most Malaysians will agree that the quality is better off. You may check A*STAR scholarship for Singapore.

For now, I'm heading to Belgium. I wanna see the world over there too.

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by fikki1: 6:06pm On Jul 31, 2016
oluwamitomisin:

Please don't derail this thread Bro. I didn't bring Malaysia up in my previous post to try make a comparison between the two. But please do some findings about South East Asia and Europe very well before making a decision or advising people. Here are some of my views:

1. Malaysia visa is so cheap but they don't offer a stay after your study. In fact you can't work while studying.
2. A Malaysian lecturer of mine who studied in Belgium advised me to consider Belgium for me next move provided I have the means. He knows what he's saying.
3. Think of quantity versus quality.

For scholarship in Malaysia, be on the lookout for Malaysia international scholarship, it opens between January and March. You'll need have an offer by then, and they require ielts or toefl. Scholarship is only for students in public universities.

Singapore is far more expensive than Malaysia. Studying there is like studying in Australia or UK in terms of cost, and most Malaysians will agree that the quality is better off. You may check A*STAR scholarship for Singapore.

For now, I'm heading to Belgium. I wanna see the world over there too.
I guess you have gotten admission already.. And what do you intend to do next so we can all help you out..

Got a few friends from the thread they have gotten their 6months visa.. Though they are all on scholarship.. Some have applied and waiting decision..
At the end all of us will smile...

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by oluwamitomisin: 6:29pm On Jul 31, 2016
fikki1:

I guess you have gotten admission already.. And what do you intend to do next so we can all help you out..

Thanks for the volunteer to help fikki1. Sincerely yours I don't know where to start as I found that Belgium visa is more tedious and expect to get. But then I wanna do this. In fact I need to. I am yet to get a scholarship and that have been a big concern, though my supervisor hopes to get some funding which may help me for a year and this I'm looking towards earnestly because I understand the aspect of getting a guarantor. I am yet to find one.

Please tell me about legalisation of documents. Was that necessary at the application stage or at this stage of visa application. KU didn't ask me for legalised copies of my credentials while applying and they didn't send me a hard copy of my letter also. They sent an email attachment and ask me to provide them with the address of the Belgium embassy I will be processing visa. They prefer to contact the embassy themselves. What does this mean for me?
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Nobody: 2:29am On Aug 01, 2016
While if KU Leuven decides to contact the school on as regards your admission it is a good one. Also KU Leuven does not ask for legalised documents during application for admission. However you will need the legalized documents during enrolment at KU Leuven in Belgium.

To start the visa application the post important aspect is to look for a sponsor who can sign the sponsorship letter called in French "Enchargement De Prise en charge" meaning An Engagement that charge will be taken, which is also called Annex 32, this is the 1st method you can use to show solvency that you have finance for your studies. 2nd method is block funds whereby you will transfer the sum of 7500 Euro (631 Euro x 12months) into KU Leuven's account on your name and KU Leuven will issue you a letter of solvency stating that you have enough money for your studies in Belgium and you will use this letter for you visa application.
Now you need the following documents so try to start to gather them
1. Medical certificate which can be done in Malaysia... Note embassy has recognised hospitals for the medicals, so look for them at the embassy website
2. Police Clearance or Criminal Record. You will need a police character report from Nigeria and Malaysia. Once you have these documents try and legalized them. For Nigeria docs do well to legalize them in Nigeria and for Malaysia docs legalized them in Malaysia.
3. Legalized copy of your bachelor and Master degree diplomas
4. Pay the additional fee of 160euro for introduction of a long stay student visa.
5. The other requirements photo, two app form, etc can be seen at the embassy website.

If you need more clarification do well to ask here and we will happily assist you.

Good luck

oluwamitomisin:

Thanks for the volunteer to help fikki1. Sincerely yours I don't know where to start as I found that Belgium visa is more tedious and expect to get. But then I wanna do this. In fact I need to. I am yet to get a scholarship and that have been a big concern, though my supervisor hopes to get some funding which may help me for a year and this I'm looking towards earnestly because I understand the aspect of getting a guarantor. I am yet to find one.

Please tell me about legalisation of documents. Was that necessary at the application stage or at this stage of visa application. KU didn't ask me for legalised copies of my credentials while applying and they didn't send me a hard copy of my letter also. They sent an email attachment and ask me to provide them with the address of the Belgium embassy I will be processing visa. They prefer to contact the embassy themselves. What does this mean for me?

4 Likes

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by oluwamitomisin: 5:56am On Aug 01, 2016
Thanks for these detailed tips. I reason that the Enchargement De Prise en charge will be the easier for me and tying some money into a foreign account is on the expensive side. While sorting that out, I will get started on other requirements and keep all updated.
Some questions:

1. Is it compulsory to do the legalisation of my documents in Abuja? I have done legalisation several times at an high court outside of Abuja. Does that of MOE and MOFA supercede the high court's?

2. Does my sponsor/guarantor need to be domiciled in Nigeria? I read somewhere that the guarantor can get me the Enchargement De Prise en charge at a Belgian embassy of his residence. Please help verify.

3. Can I deal with Belgian embassy in Abuja directly or I have to do that through vfs?

namebdis4:

Good luck

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (77) (Reply)

Turkey Visa Application Delay / The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.