Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,130 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:54 PM

Anyone Studying In Belgium? - Travel (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Anyone Studying In Belgium? (239341 Views)

Unruly Behavior: 43 Nigerians Deported From Germany, Belgium And Italy / 28 Nigerians Deported From Italy,belgium / Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (77) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Banta: 5:58am On Aug 01, 2016
generalbush:

Then do well and head to Singapore...

Thank me later

@generalbush,
I have a friend who got a full scholarship for doctoral studies at National University of Singapore, but was not granted visa.
Pls bear this in mind while thinking of Singapore, though it is a great Nation.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by oluwamitomisin: 6:09am On Aug 01, 2016
dbay01:
Hello bosses!

Your questions regarding the above are welcome...
Cc them bosses @fikki1 @namebdis @tunde @ccsurplus

I have some questions :

Do you mean one has to do legalisation at Belgium embassy only and visa application is strictly through vfs? I see you were at the embassy before going to vfs, but no visa application was done other that to legalise docs.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Nobody: 6:20am On Aug 01, 2016
1. For educational documents you most get then certified at the MOE first followed by certification at the MOFA. Then you proceed to the embassy for legalisation. Note without the stamps of the 2 ministries the embassy will not accept your documents for legalization.

2. For other documents such as the criminal record, go straight to the MOFA for certification and then the embassy for legalisation.. Here you will be legalising the original document itself and not the photocopies as with educational documents.

3. For the prise en charge your sponsor can come from anywhere, but note that he must show enough income per month of about 2000Euros. We here also advice to seek for a sponsor who lives abroad since it is not easy to fine a sponsor in Nigeria earning that amount on a monthly bases. Note we know business men do have that amount per month but the embassy will not consider them since they can't actually proof what they earn per month..( Pay slip). In this case the embassy prefers employee or people who get salary per month. Again it is not the amount of money that a sponsor have in his account that qualifies him to sign the prise en charge but how much the person earns per month.

3. You can deal with the embassy directly for legalization of documents. For visa guys here use either of them. They will also throw more light on what I have said here as well. We are a family here working together. See you in Belgium. God is great.

oluwamitomisin:
Thanks for these detailed tips. I reason that the Enchargement De Prise en charge will be the easier for me and tying some money into a foreign account is on the expensive side. While sorting that out, I will get started on other requirements and keep all updated.
Some questions:

1. Is it compulsory to do the legalisation of my documents in Abuja? I have done legalisation several times at an high court outside of Abuja. Does that of MOE and MOFA supercede the high court's?

2. Does my sponsor/guarantor need to be domiciled in Nigeria? I read somewhere that the guarantor can get me the Enchargement De Prise en charge at a Belgian embassy of his residence. Please help verify.

3. Can I deal with Belgian embassy in Abuja directly or I have to do that through vfs?

5 Likes

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by dbay01(m): 8:13am On Aug 01, 2016
oluwamitomisin:

I have some questions :

Do you mean one has to do legalisation at Belgium embassy only and visa application is strictly through vfs? I see you were at the embassy before going to vfs, but no visa application was done other that to legalise docs.

Legalization can only be done at the Belgian embassy. Most people apply for visa through vfs and that's the norm. However, it is possible to request for an appointment through a mail to the embassy in which they will send you a day convenient for them or simply tell you to submit through vfs.

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by dbay01(m): 8:18am On Aug 01, 2016
Goede morgen bosses! Sorry it's been a while I dropped by... This is to thank y'all for your guidance and support. Got my visa last Friday. I can only but count down days to the 'movement'. By God's grace, we'll get more good news on here within the coming weeks. Can't wait to see y'all in Belgium!

5 Likes

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by generalbush(m): 8:42am On Aug 01, 2016
Banta:

@generalbush,
I have a friend who got a full scholarship for doctoral studies at National University of Singapore, but was not granted visa.
Pls bear this in mind while thinking of Singapore, though it is a great Nation.

They don't grant Visa .. Your Offer of acceptance is your visa. and that is what you table at the point of entry...

My sister is there, earning super dollars. Even though the unemployment rate is high now, but better than most European country..

IMO
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Nobody: 9:17am On Aug 01, 2016
Congrats broeder

dbay01:
Goede morgen bosses! Sorry it's been a while I dropped by... This is to thank y'all for your guidance and support. Got my visa last Friday. I can only but count down days to the 'movement'. By God's grace, we'll get more good news on here within the coming weeks. Can't wait to see y'all in Belgium!
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by fikki1: 10:49am On Aug 01, 2016
oluwamitomisin:

I have some questions :

You re right... VFS is responsible for collect/accepting visa applications on behalf of the embassy(agent). Before that, you have to legalise all the official document at the embassy.(all documents u legalised at MOE n MOFA). Legalization at embassy cost 6200 if the exchange rate is maintained ( more or Less exchange rate determines). Meanwhile, it is very important to get your annexe 32 certified n legalised(sufficient Solvency must be written on it)..
According to Gurus dat has gone through this before, its easy to get the visa if all docs re correct n complete...

All fingers are crossed though.. I bet all of us will meet in Belgium...

Cheers...
@dbayo come and share your success story ooo and how long your visa took before granted.. Go to Belgium and Flourish...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by fikki1: 11:01am On Aug 01, 2016
dbay01:

You na boss ... How far na... I still dey wait for my champagne oo... No show your power ooo

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by dbay01(m): 11:07am On Aug 01, 2016
namebdis4:
Congrats broeder
Bedankt
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by michaelbelgium(m): 10:50am On Aug 02, 2016
dbay...pls which university did you apply to?....and how long did it take for you to be given visa here in nigeria...thanks
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by oluwamitomisin: 11:15am On Aug 02, 2016
Congratulations.

Did you use Enchargement De Prise en charge? Please send me a link where I can download the form. I can find it on VFS site nor on Belgian embassy site.

dbay01:
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Nobody: 11:41am On Aug 02, 2016
Below you have the forms. The bilingual is to help you fill the French version which will be legalized.

oluwamitomisin:
Congratulations.

Did you use Enchargement De Prise en charge? Please send me a link where I can download the form. I can find it on VFS site nor on Belgian embassy site.

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by oluwamitomisin: 11:49am On Aug 02, 2016
You rock bruh!!!

Do you mean the filled French version will be presented to the embassy where my guarantor resides?

namebdis4:
Below you have the forms. The bilingual is to help you fill the French version which will be legalized.

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by dbay01(m): 11:52am On Aug 02, 2016
oluwamitomisin:
Congratulations.

Thanks bro! I didnt use that. Mine was a scholarship so I used the scholarship certificate instead. @fikki1 @namedis4 et al can help with that.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by oluwamitomisin: 11:57am On Aug 02, 2016
Thanks. namebdis4 just provided me the forms. Can you give me some information about the scholarship? My supervisor is still hopeful she'll get funding. But I don't want to wait till then before I start visa application- I am prayerful she get.

dbay01:

Thanks bro! I didnt use that. Mine was a scholarship so I used the scholarship certificate instead. @fikki1 @namedis4 et al can help with that.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Nobody: 12:23pm On Aug 02, 2016
Yes. Only the Dutch or French version of the form will be accepted at the embassy for legalization of the signature of your sponsor. I hope the sponsor resides abroad.

fijne dag

oluwamitomisin:
You rock bruh!!!

Do you mean the filled French version will be presented to the embassy where my guarantor resides?

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by oluwamitomisin: 12:42pm On Aug 02, 2016
Yes sponsor resides abroad.

One question bro.....Do you think I can do this legalization of documents outside of Abuja? Like at the Federal Secretariats of Ministries of Education and Foreign affairs in my state of residence? Or in their liason offices in Lagos? I found that VFS has an office in Lagos, which is closerby. Please advise.

namebdis4:
Yes. Only the Dutch or French version of the form will be accepted at the embassy for legalization of the signature of your sponsor. I hope the sponsor resides abroad.

fijne dag

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Nobody: 12:46pm On Aug 02, 2016
Please direct this question to fikki1 ET al
oluwamitomisin:

One question bro.....Do you think I can do this legalization of documents outside of Abuja? Like at the Federal Secretariats of Ministries of Education and Foreign affairs in my state of residence? Or in their liason offices in Lagos? I found that VFS has an office in Lagos, which is closerby. Please advise.

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by dbay01(m): 4:22pm On Aug 02, 2016
oluwamitomisin:

To the best of my knowledge, anything legalization and authentication must be done at Abuja. Authentication at both the ministry of education and ministry of foreign affairs and legalization at the embassy.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by dbay01(m): 4:25pm On Aug 02, 2016
oluwamitomisin:
Thanks. namebdis4 just provided me the forms. Can you give me some information about the scholarship? My supervisor is still hopeful she'll get funding. But I don't want to wait till then before I start visa application- I am prayerful she get.

The scholarship is VLIR-UOS scholarship. It is provided by the Flemish government and subsidized by the Belgian govt. You can browse more about it and other scholarship opportunities in Belgium.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by dbay01(m): 4:44pm On Aug 02, 2016
fikki1:

You na boss ... How far na... I still dey wait for my champagne oo... No show your power ooo
See my boss dey call me boss. No dey whine your boy o. We go celebrate am for Ghent. No dull am.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by fikki1: 5:42pm On Aug 02, 2016
dbay01:

See my boss dey call me boss. No dey whine your boy o. We go celebrate am for Ghent. No dull am.

I trust you broeder... I dey cool for you...

Danke
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by fikki1: 5:52pm On Aug 02, 2016
Meanwhile the scholarship is closed now for 2016/2017 jaar.. If am not mistaken.. I may be wrong
dbay01 can confirm...

Dag..
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by dbay01(m): 11:33am On Aug 03, 2016
fikki1:
Meanwhile the scholarship is closed now for 2016/2017 jaar.. If am not mistaken.. I may be wrong
dbay01 can confirm...

Dag..

It should be out again by around October/November

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Nobody: 11:57am On Aug 03, 2016
On point Dbayo

dbay01:

It should be out again by around October/November
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by fikki1: 7:20am On Aug 09, 2016
For those of us yet to be called for interview or yet to apply at vfs....

Below are some of the questions we may be asked...

Why the course What impact it will have on you How will you use d knowledge gotten in Nigeria know the name and full address of the school Then the contact person in the school, maybe the person in charge of the international students The person’s name and address Also about your sponsor, works and the no of children Your plans after studying that’s whether or not you will stay in Belgium or return to Nigeria. Also they asked what will you do if you fail in the first year Why Belgium? Your occupation too They would also list subjects like biology, geography, and other sec school courses to explain how they relate to your intending course of study A brief of your course outline becos the alloted space is like half a page. 3 reasons why it is belgium. How any of the professional experience relate to your intending course of study. Specify which sector you will like to work after your study. And have you researched on these sectors ? State your future plans . Though the questions are much..these are the ones Tunde n Francis could remember...cheers mate

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Nobody: 7:47am On Aug 09, 2016
Good one bro fikki1

fikki1:
For those of us yet to be called for interview or yet to apply at vfs....

Below are some of the questions we may be asked...

Why the course What impact it will have on you How will you use d knowledge gotten in Nigeria know the name and full address of the school Then the contact person in the school, maybe the person in charge of the international students The person’s name and address Also about your sponsor, works and the no of children Your plans after studying that’s whether or not you will stay in Belgium or return to Nigeria. Also they asked what will you do if you fail in the first year Why Belgium? Your occupation too They would also list subjects like biology, geography, and other sec school courses to explain how they relate to your intending course of study A brief of your course outline becos the alloted space is like half a page. 3 reasons why it is belgium. How any of the professional experience relate to your intending course of study. Specify which sector you will like to work after your study. And have you researched on these sectors ? State your future plans . Though the questions are much..these are the ones Tunde n Francis could remember...cheers mate
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Banta: 6:42am On Aug 10, 2016
namebdis4:
Good one bro fikki1

Pls what is the time interval between interview and approval of visa?
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Kbright39: 8:31am On Aug 14, 2016
Hello bosses in the house

I would like to know if I still have to thumbprint when going for Erasmus in Belgium from another EU country.

Thanks.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by fikki1: 8:27pm On Aug 29, 2016
Congrats @ 167 ... Go n make us proud.... @Dbay01 u still dey owe me ooo.. Making two now.. @ name ... How your side... @ Biente ... How is it going... @ Francis.. Thanks for the encouragement....
We shall all succeed 6 more to go...success sha be our...

Good night...n happy new week

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by skinnyy: 6:54am On Sep 01, 2016
Document picked up at vfs..visa approved
180days with multiple entry
Took 24days from interview day and 1month 10days after submission at vfs.
Thanks to everyone here that contributed to this success event..i pray all of us here plus the intending applicants shall have our success stories likewise.
Am sorry this is coming in late as my phone was faulty.
Many thanks @fikki1..@bonga..@dbay..@bioye..@Francis..@biente..et al..God bless you all for me
Cheers

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (77) (Reply)

Turkey Visa Application Delay / The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.