Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:03 AM

Anyone Studying In Belgium? - Travel (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Anyone Studying In Belgium? (238043 Views)

Unruly Behavior: 43 Nigerians Deported From Germany, Belgium And Italy / 28 Nigerians Deported From Italy,belgium / Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (77) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by yomyjoe(m): 8:26pm On Nov 13, 2016
Good day sir, I got ur details from nairaland.

Pls can you tell me how you showed proof of financial means from your sponsor and yourself during your own application. Did you present your own account and the account of your sponsor. OR did you use an account in Belgium? how did you go about it. Pls advice me sir. I want to apply soon.

Thank you sir

namebdis4:
As soon as you have submitted the online application form
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by yomyjoe(m): 8:33pm On Nov 13, 2016

Pls can you tell me how you showed proof of financial means from your sponsor and yourself during your own application. Did you present your own account and the account of your sponsor. OR did you use an account in Belgium? how did you go about it. Pls advice me sir. I want to apply soon.

Thank you sir. @oluwamitomisin @namebdis4 @fikki1 @wingeddove
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by vansledge(m): 9:35am On Nov 14, 2016
oluwamitomisin:
Please see the application instructions here. http://www.kuleuven.be/english/application/

pls can u guide me on the mins of payment, will i pay tru atm card or?
thanks
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Nobody: 10:05am On Nov 14, 2016
Belgium does not use bank account statement as means to show proof of financial solvability. They use what is call prise en charge or annex 32. U can also transfer money to the University and they will block it and issue u a letter of solvency which u can use as proof of finance.

yomyjoe:

Thank you sir. @oluwamitomisin @namebdis4 @fikki1 @wingeddove

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by yomyjoe(m): 10:23am On Nov 14, 2016
Thank for your reply. I really appreciate it but I want to ask what prise en charge or annex 32 is and how to go about it and if someone wants to transfer money to the university to block it. How much does someone transfer.

Thank you @namebdis4

namebdis4:
Belgium does not use bank account statement as means to show proof of financial solvability. They use what is call prise en charge or annex 32. U can also transfer money to the University and they will block it and issue u a letter of solvency which u can use as proof of finance.

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Raemond(m): 9:27pm On Nov 14, 2016
Hello i started an application to KUleuven yesterday for masters in chemistry, i graduated with a 2.2 what are my chances.
What other schools can i apply to with a 2.2? and I havent taken any language test. Do i really stand a chance
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by vansledge(m): 10:54am On Nov 15, 2016
Raemond:
Hello i started an application to KUleuven yesterday for masters in chemistry, i graduated with a 2.2 what are my chances.
What other schools can i apply to with a 2.2? and I havent taken any language test. Do i really stand a chance
i just started mine yesterday too, so i will send u a PM so we can teamup together...
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by yomyjoe(m): 11:36am On Nov 15, 2016
how do you guys wanna show proof of financial means from your sponsor and yourself during your visa application. Do you wanna present your own account and the account of your sponsor. OR do you wanna use an account in Belgium like the prise en charge or annex 32 OR do do you wanna transfer money to the university to block it for you?

how do you wanna go about it pls.

@vansledge @Raemond

vansledge:

i just started mine yesterday too, so i will send u a PM so we can teamup together...
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by yomyjoe(m): 11:47am On Nov 15, 2016
Hello guys, pls I have been asking this question. pls advise me on how to go about how to show proof of financial means from myself and my sponsor during the visa application. People talk about how they did their legalisation, authentication, police report, medical but nobody is saying anything about how the showed proof of financial means for the visa application.
So if anyone is reading this, pls jus advise us how you did yours OR if you have plans to apply to, how do you wanna do it.

how do you guys wanna show proof of financial means from your sponsor and yourself during your visa application. Do you wanna present your own account and the account of your sponsor. OR do you wanna use an account in Belgium like the prise en charge or annex 32 OR do do you wanna transfer money to the university to block it for you?

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Raemond(m): 12:08pm On Nov 15, 2016
yomyjoe:

@vansledge @Raemond

Well am not at that stage of application yet, but i think paying a sum to a block account should be easier. Betterstill those with better knowledge should provide help
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Nobody: 4:42pm On Nov 15, 2016
Like I earlier said, there is nothing to do with your account or sponsors account for visa application. So forget about your bank account and that of your sponsor. No matter how bulky they are. Belgium only make use of what is call annex 32 or prise en charge as a means to show financial proof. In this case your sponsor needs to fill the form or affidavit (annex 32) and take it to the Belgian embassy where he resides for legalization. He should be an employee with a good monthly salary about 2300euros up. Not a business man. Also u can make use of the block account system which schools here offers. It reduces the stress of annex 32 and visa is at least 80% sure, the remaining 20% is ur motivation. Hope this helps

Take care

Raemond:

Well am not at that stage of application yet, but i think paying a sum to a block account should be easier. Betterstill those with better knowledge should provide help

3 Likes

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Raemond(m): 5:05pm On Nov 15, 2016
generalbush:

But on a more serious note folks....

European countries are not the best shot for people who want to settle down in a country after graduation.

Ask me why...

We will share ideas... smiley
If that is so, what countries are the best shot? am interested.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by yomyjoe(m): 11:26pm On Nov 15, 2016
Thank you very much @namebdis4 for making me understand the issue concerning proof of financial solvency. You opened my mind with your explanation. Thank you sir for being here for us, so we can learn.
Pls one more thing oh abeg, don't angry for me sir.

If I want to send money to the school to block it for me, how much will I send. What's the amount I will send. I am asking so I can get an estimated figure in mind so I can plan ahead. How does the blocking of account work.

Pls no vex for me, I be JJC. Thanks

namebdis4:
Like I earlier said, there is nothing to do with your account or sponsors account for visa application. So forget about your bank account and that of your sponsor. No matter how bulky they are. Belgium only make use of what is call annex 32 or prise en charge as a means to show financial proof. In this case your sponsor needs to fill the form or affidavit (annex 32) and take it to the Belgian embassy where he resides for legalization. He should be an employee with a good monthly salary about 2300euros up. Not a business man. Also u can make use of the block account system which schools here offers. It reduces the stress of annex 32 and visa is at least 80% sure, the remaining 20% is ur motivation. Hope this helps

Take care

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Nobody: 4:20pm On Nov 16, 2016
You need to block the money for an academic year. That is 12 months, the minimum of living expenses per month currently is 631 euro. This year this sum may be increased. So it may be 650 euro. So the amount you will need to transfer is 12 x 650 euros.

The school has made a system for block account. So contact them and they wll tell u the procedure.

yomyjoe:
Thank you very much @namebdis4 for making me understand the issue concerning proof of financial solvency. You opened my mind with your explanation. Thank you sir for being here for us, so we can learn.
Pls one more thing oh abeg, don't angry for me sir.

If I want to send money to the school to block it for me, how much will I send. What's the amount I will send. I am asking so I can get an estimated figure in mind so I can plan ahead. How does the blocking of account work.

Pls no vex for me, I be JJC. Thanks

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by vansledge(m): 4:54pm On Nov 16, 2016
namebdis4:
You need to block the money for an academic year. That is 12 months, the minimum of living expenses per month currently is 631 euro. This year this sum may be increased. So it may be 650 euro. So the amount you will need to transfer is 12 x 650 euros.

The school has made a system for block account. So contact them and they wll tell u the procedure.

pls dis "the minimum of living expenses per month currently is 631 euro" is your rent included?
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Nobody: 5:19pm On Nov 16, 2016
Yup
vansledge:

pls dis "the minimum of living expenses per month currently is 631 euro" is your rent included?
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by generalbush(m): 6:51pm On Nov 16, 2016
Raemond:
If that is so, what countries are the best shot? am interested.
Lol... you wana study abroad??
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by yomyjoe(m): 9:56pm On Nov 16, 2016
Thank you very much sir... I appreciate your explanation. Now I understand. Blessings @namebdis4

namebdis4:

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Raemond(m): 12:29am On Nov 17, 2016
generalbush:

Lol... you wana study abroad??

If you mean that as a question, the answer is yes.... so which countries should we be looking out for?
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by generalbush(m): 1:40am On Nov 17, 2016
Raemond:

If you mean that as a question, the answer is yes.... so which countries should we be looking out for?

There are several countries that offers you a high possibility of post-Study visa... that is if you have the cash. I won't explain much here in details.. maybe you could ask questions and help yourself with research too..

1) South Korea

2) Australia

3) New Zealand

4) Canada (Not getting nice of recent)

5) Germany ( Best in Europe)

There we go...!!!
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Raemond(m): 9:12am On Nov 18, 2016
generalbush:

There are several countries that offers you a high possibility of post-Study visa... that is if you have the cash. I won't explain much here in details.. maybe you could ask questions and help yourself with research too..

1) South Korea

2) Australia

3) New Zealand

4) Canada (Not getting nice of recent)

5) Germany ( Best in Europe)

There we go...!!!

ok thanks for the info lemme check them out
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by generalbush(m): 9:15am On Nov 18, 2016
Raemond:

ok thanks for the info lemme check them out
OK.. #safe
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by wingeddove(m): 1:51pm On Nov 18, 2016
@ yomyjoe, Namebds4 ,have clarified that. Your sponsor can be in Nigeria or outside.But from my experience so far,Sponsors abroad seem to be better.All your sponsor need is to fill a sponsorship form at the Belgium embassy he/she resides.There must be evidence that your sponsor is capable of giving u an average of like 630 euros every month.They will get this from your sponsor's financial document he/she is going to tender.Check through old posts,this have clearly been explained.Otherwise,you can as well use the solvency method whereby you are expected to transfer a certain amount of money to a student blocked account operated by your school.The amount depend on each schools but it can range from 7620 euros to 8000 euros. Consult you school for adequate information on this.Always remember to do this processing much early because student visa processing could take time.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by vansledge(m): 4:37pm On Nov 18, 2016
REGISTRATION STUDENT JOB DATABASE

non-EEA students:
Please send an e-mail:
mention your student number
attach the declaration upon your honour (signed)
AND
a scan of your residence permit (or temporarily a scan of your annex 15)
AND
work permit (if you possess one)

from the above those of us going from nigeria which permit are they giving us? if it's a Student permit can we also work with it (i got the above from Ku Leuven site)
cc: wingeddove; namebdis4; others
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by yomyjoe(m): 5:52am On Nov 19, 2016
Thank you sir for more clarification. I appreciate

wingeddove:
@ yomyjoe, Namebds4 ,have clarified that. Your sponsor can be in Nigeria or outside.But from my experience so far,Sponsors abroad seem to be better.All your sponsor need is to fill a sponsorship form at the Belgium embassy he/she resides.There must be evidence that your sponsor is capable of giving u an average of like 630 euros every month.They will get this from your sponsor's financial document he/she is going to tender.Check through old posts,this have clearly been explained.Otherwise,you can as well use the solvency method whereby you are expected to transfer a certain amount of money to a student blocked account operated by your school.The amount depend on each schools but it can range from 7620 euros to 8000 euros. Consult you school for adequate information on this.Always remember to do this processing much early because student visa processing could take time.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by oluwamitomisin: 11:27am On Nov 19, 2016
Example from KU Leuven here: http://www.kuleuven.be/english/admissions/travelling/blocked-account

yomyjoe:

Thank for your reply. I really appreciate it but I want to ask what prise en charge or annex 32 is and how to go about it and if someone wants to transfer money to the university to block it. How much does someone transfer.

Thank you @namebdis4

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by yomyjoe(m): 4:07pm On Nov 19, 2016
Thank you sir. I really appreciate. More blessings @oluwamitomisin

oluwamitomisin:
Example from KU Leuven here: http://www.kuleuven.be/english/admissions/travelling/blocked-account

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by yomyjoe(m): 6:01pm On Nov 22, 2016
Good evening my people oh.... thanks to everyone one that has been contributing to this topic. God go bless all of us. We are really learning.

I want to ask concerning admission to Ghent University. It concerns legalisation of my documents because they said I should send a hard copy of my documents by post before I can be considered for admission.

So I want to ask if I have to authenticate my documents at the Ministry of Education and Ministry of Foreign Affairs then take it to the Belgian Embassy for Legalisation before sending by courier to the school OR I should only legalise at the Belgian Embassy and send send as courier to the school.

I am asking because the first option of Ministry of Education and Ministry of Foreign Affairs then Belgian Legalisation will be very expensive for me.

Pls guys, I believe in you. Epp me abeg.

Thanks
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by yomyjoe(m): 6:04pm On Nov 22, 2016
Good evening my people oh.... thanks to everyone one that has been contributing to this topic. God go bless all of us. We are really learning.

I want to ask concerning admission to Ghent University. It concerns legalisation of my documents because they said I should send a hard copy of my documents by post before I can be considered for admission.

So I want to ask if I have to authenticate my documents at the Ministry of Education and Ministry of Foreign Affairs then take it to the Belgian Embassy for Legalisation before sending by courier to the school OR I should only legalise at the Belgian Embassy and send send as courier to the school.

I am asking because the first option of Ministry of Education and Ministry of Foreign Affairs then Belgian Legalisation will be very expensive for me.

Thanks

@oluwamitomisin @namebdis4 @generalbush @vansledge

oluwamitomisin:

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by fikki1: 9:19pm On Nov 22, 2016
yomyjoe:

Thanks

Belgian Embassy will only legalise authorised signature..... Which means it must have MOE N MOFA legalisation... MOFA will only legalise ur school certificate if its legalised by MOE.....it means

MOE leads to MOFA which leads to Belgian Embassy....
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by yomyjoe(m): 11:13pm On Nov 22, 2016
thank you @fikki1 for the insight

fikki1:

Belgian Embassy will only legalise authorised signature..... Which means it must have MOE N MOFA legalisation... MOFA will only legalise ur school certificate if its legalised by MOE.....it means

MOE leads to MOFA which leads to Belgian Embassy....
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by generalbush(m): 11:28pm On Nov 22, 2016
yomyjoe:

Thanks

@oluwamitomisin @namebdis4 @generalbush @vansledge

Legalize at ministry of Edu and foreign affairs, before sending to their Belgium embassy...

Before you wire down to their school. cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (77) (Reply)

Turkey Visa Application Delay / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 / The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.