Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,034 members, 7,838,584 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:44 AM

Rivers Assembly Approves Another 20billion Naira Loan For Wike - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers Assembly Approves Another 20billion Naira Loan For Wike (23465 Views)

Amaechi Knelt To Beg For Wike - Uchendu / National Assembly Set To Take Over Rivers Assembly / Amaechi Left Over N7billion For Wike's Government - Aide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers Assembly Approves Another 20billion Naira Loan For Wike by otokx(m): 9:30pm On Jun 30, 2015
staymore:
Rivers state has being very unfortunate with their Governors since 1999
From Peter Odili to Amaechi, and now Wike.

Compared to Delta State, Rivers is blessed o.
Re: Rivers Assembly Approves Another 20billion Naira Loan For Wike by Joevics(m): 9:33pm On Jun 30, 2015
At least i can attest to the fact that he is using the money for wat was proposed. Work has commenced at Rsust law faculty, the rsust azikiwe rd is been worked on, and these where among the project proposed for the first 10b.
Re: Rivers Assembly Approves Another 20billion Naira Loan For Wike by Axis313(m): 9:33pm On Jun 30, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

Anyway, I don't expect anything less in a State where you have a Thug as the Governor and Militants as House Of Assembly Members...

But wetin concern me sef?
undecided[quote author=NgeneUkwenu post=35331154]That Is 30Billion Naira In 30 Days...

Rivers People Don Enter Am angry

Anyway, I don't expect anything less in a State where you have a Thug as the Governor and Militants as House Of Assembly Members....
What a combination!Thug and militants as governor and legislooters,i pity rivers people.
Re: Rivers Assembly Approves Another 20billion Naira Loan For Wike by sunsewa: 9:47pm On Jun 30, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
That Is 30Billion Naira In 30 Days...

Rivers People Don Enter Am angry

Anyway, I don't expect anything less in a State where you have a Thug as the Governor and Militants as House Of Assembly Members...

But wetin concern me sef?

he needs money to execute numerous abandoned road in Rivers state,and zero pot hole in port Harcourt roads which he commenced on may29, roads abandoned with total collapse by Amaechi,some have been repaired,while some are been rehabilitated right now,e.g Rumokwuta girls rd,Azikiwe rd in mile 3,rumola etc so many I can't mentioned.
Re: Rivers Assembly Approves Another 20billion Naira Loan For Wike by philips70(m): 9:51pm On Jun 30, 2015
barcanista:
Philips70 ooooo

I know you are just looking at Wike with squinted eyes for now. That man must surely fall una hand. 30b in one month and after 4 years Uduaghan's record will be beaten. And this also means Amaechi did not leave much borrowed debt for him unlike Uduaghan that left whopping N636b!
Re: Rivers Assembly Approves Another 20billion Naira Loan For Wike by sunsewa: 9:54pm On Jun 30, 2015
he started well than baba one chance, that is still taking pictures,and don't even know where to start, only to send boko boys to ekwulobia to disrupt the peace in Anambra.
Re: Rivers Assembly Approves Another 20billion Naira Loan For Wike by Okijajuju1(m): 10:18pm On Jun 30, 2015
bosunjohns:
How does he intend to payback? These guys keep piling up debts.

When he stood by and watched Rivers wells ceded to Akwa Ibom, Imo and Bayelsa thereby cutting Rivers allocation from 30 billion plus to 13 billion in exchange for his ambition he didn't know that when he became governor he would need that money..

Rivers State don price bad market and them must buy am..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Assembly Approves Another 20billion Naira Loan For Wike by BaddieKay(f): 10:25pm On Jun 30, 2015
Adesiji77:

cheesy grin

Cc: Baddiekay

Lols...You guys should leave wike oh
Re: Rivers Assembly Approves Another 20billion Naira Loan For Wike by iyobosadavid: 11:11pm On Jun 30, 2015
Bright2:

Where were you when Amaechi was emptying the treasury? Did you not heard him mentioned it? So we should just remain by the corner the way you & Amaechi planed.

If you mention me again thunder will visit you bloody civilian.

I support Wike.
fool you will remain forever seems you refuse to see the light and choose darkness just like your useless wike
Re: Rivers Assembly Approves Another 20billion Naira Loan For Wike by oseo1(m): 1:24am On Jul 01, 2015
philips70:

Amaechi was never a bad governor. Rivers people know that before he started his support for Buhari. There's no way Wike will surpass what Amaechi did in Rivers. Not with a house filled with hungry ex militants coupled with godfathers and godmothers everywhere.

Sorry but what did amaechi do for rivers state?
Re: Rivers Assembly Approves Another 20billion Naira Loan For Wike by perp(f): 3:26am On Jul 01, 2015
oseo1 post= j35344225:

Sorry but what did amaechi do for rivers state?
Google it
Re: Rivers Assembly Approves Another 20billion Naira Loan For Wike by Chubhie: 3:42am On Jul 01, 2015
From 1999 up until now, the primary and secondary duty of government has been to build roads. Is it the case that these roads are mythical or they are deliberately patched with mud?

Why do we keep deceiving ourselves? We all need to reorganise our collective mentality about money.

It is gonna be a very long ride for my Africa to compete with worlds best. I wish to perhaps catch a glimpse of a rising giant Africa in my lifetime.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Assembly Approves Another 20billion Naira Loan For Wike by HopeAtHand: 5:23am On Jul 01, 2015
sunsewa:

he needs money to execute numerous abandoned road in Rivers state,and zero pot hole in port Harcourt roads which he commenced on may29, roads abandoned with total collapse by Amaechi,some have been repaired,while some are been rehabilitated right now,e.g Rumokwuta girls rd,Azikiwe rd in mile 3,rumola etc so many I can't mentioned.

I do not want to believe youre implying that Rumuokwuta girls, Azikiwe in mile3 and Rumuola rd + the 'many others' have gulped N10billion already.

Overtime, the state governors have discovered how to pocket the conscience of their state legislature..The legislature cannot seem to check the excesses of the executive..that is sad for our democracy.

The National Assembly should ratify some of these decisions of State assemblies only when they've confirmed the true intentions of the states executive.
Re: Rivers Assembly Approves Another 20billion Naira Loan For Wike by kalaboyama: 6:52am On Jul 01, 2015
[b]if the money will be used to pay salaries of workers in the state and the funding of on-going projects, then he is right to borrow[/b][color=#990000][/color]
Re: Rivers Assembly Approves Another 20billion Naira Loan For Wike by Demdem(m): 7:44am On Jul 01, 2015
atlwireles:
Some states wish they were Rivers. Wike please carry on. Allow the almajiris do their weeping here

Rumuola thug.................u see the life of ur governor? grin grin grin
Re: Rivers Assembly Approves Another 20billion Naira Loan For Wike by staymore: 7:45am On Jul 01, 2015
otokx:

Compared to Delta State, Rivers is blessed o.

Rivers allocation is by far higher than Delta state, even the IGR is up to 10b monthly. So, much is expected of Rivers state.
Re: Rivers Assembly Approves Another 20billion Naira Loan For Wike by Demdem(m): 7:47am On Jul 01, 2015
To even think that workers are yet to be paid and FG just recently released allocation to the states.
I wonder what that thug Wike has done with the just received allocation?
Re: Rivers Assembly Approves Another 20billion Naira Loan For Wike by Demdem(m): 7:49am On Jul 01, 2015
staymore:

His first tenure was exactly was you are saying, but his second tenure things suddenly turned otherwise to the extend he sold four Rivers gas turbines, owe salaries and pensions, sold Olympia hotel, spent billions on monorail that is not workable. And many others.

even though ur post is laced with enough ignorance, it still doesnt change the fact that Amaechi remains the best Rivers state Governor in recent history and thats a fact.

3 Likes

Re: Rivers Assembly Approves Another 20billion Naira Loan For Wike by Demdem(m): 7:50am On Jul 01, 2015
Okijajuju1:

When he stood by and watched Rivers wells ceded to Akwa Ibom, Imo and Bayelsa thereby cutting Rivers allocation from 30 billion plus to 13 billion in exchange for his ambition he didn't know that when he became governor he would need that money..

Rivers State don price bad market and them must buy am..

Amaechi indeed fought a good fight. He was undermined by fools like Wike.
Re: Rivers Assembly Approves Another 20billion Naira Loan For Wike by staymore: 8:08am On Jul 01, 2015
Demdem:

even though ur post is laced with enough ignorance, it still doesnt change the fact that Amaechi remains the best Rivers state Governor in recent history and thats a fact.

Most of you from outside Rivers state rate Amaechi higher than who he is.

Have you categorically compared his achievements with his counterparts like Fashola, Akpabio? They have higher record of achievement than him, and their inflow of cash is almost on the same scale. Compare their budget from 2007.
Re: Rivers Assembly Approves Another 20billion Naira Loan For Wike by Demdem(m): 8:18am On Jul 01, 2015
staymore:

probably them but not me. I am in Rivers and has been so for close to two decades now so i know what i am talking about.

Have you categorically compared his achievements with his counterparts like Fashola, Akpabio?

Yes we have even here on NL on several occasions. Fashola comes first, next is Amaechi before the fraud Akpabio. see below:

https://www.nairaland.com/1444292/amaechis-hospitals-vs-akpabios-hospitals

https://www.nairaland.com/1442142/amaechis-schools-vs-akpabios-schools

https://www.nairaland.com/2052305/governor-amaechis-achievements-please-add

https://www.nairaland.com/2322688/fashola-vs-akpabio-updated-projects

They have higher record of achievement than him, and their inflow of cash is almost on the same scale. Compare their budget from 2007.

U are wrong, even with internally generated funds, Akpabio got more and with less population and less responsibility he misused most and squandered so much. I stated earlier that Amaechi remains the best Rivers state governor in recent past. its good to know that u ursef cant dispute that fact.

Re: Rivers Assembly Approves Another 20billion Naira Loan For Wike by dekdek: 8:26am On Jul 01, 2015
“At the time Rt. Hon. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi assumed office, of the 350 Megawatts (MW) total capacity generation assets invested by the State, only 70MW (equivalent to about 20 per cent) was available. With enthusiasm, Rt. Hon. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi ramped up the efficiency to 77 per cent availability including injecting another 360MW Green Field Generation Project at Afam, of which 180MW have been commissioned and is in commercial operation.

“To mitigate the swing in efficiency and its debilitating impact on the economy, the State Government sought private sector operators and sold 70 per cent equity stake in the power generating assets’ company to NG Power HPS. For the transaction, the State Government adopted the same model as the Federal Government in the sale Egbin Power Plant. The sale was at a price per MW higher than all the privatization MW rate done by the Federal Government.

“The proceeds from sale of the equity in the power generating assets’ company was captured as income in the 2014 Appropriation Law and deployed into funding capital projects as appropriated.”

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/south-south-regional/185593-how-i-delivered-good-governance-to-rivers-state-amaechi.html
Re: Rivers Assembly Approves Another 20billion Naira Loan For Wike by Adesiji77: 8:26am On Jul 01, 2015
BaddieKay:

Lols...You guys should leave wike oh

Hon. Special Assistant on Social Media, I didn't say anything naw.... embarassed
Re: Rivers Assembly Approves Another 20billion Naira Loan For Wike by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:28am On Jul 01, 2015
staymore:

Have you categorically compared his achievements with his counterparts like Fashola, Akpabio? They have higher record of achievement than him, and their inflow of cash is almost on the same scale. Compare their budget from 2007.
Amaechi remains the best governor of Rivers State.

3 Likes

Re: Rivers Assembly Approves Another 20billion Naira Loan For Wike by Nobody: 8:35am On Jul 01, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Absolutely true. Odili was a massive disaster.

It's my deepest belief that Wike will surpass the little Amaechi has done.
Re: Rivers Assembly Approves Another 20billion Naira Loan For Wike by Alezy(m): 8:45am On Jul 01, 2015
dearpreye:

Amechi did not do little (point of correction) and yes wike might surpass what Amechi did but cant be better than amechi

1 Like

Re: Rivers Assembly Approves Another 20billion Naira Loan For Wike by dekdek: 8:48am On Jul 01, 2015
dearpreye:

Could Amaechi have done more than he did especially during his second tenure? of cos.
However, when compared to all his predecessors combined, what he did was massive.
Re: Rivers Assembly Approves Another 20billion Naira Loan For Wike by Nobody: 8:48am On Jul 01, 2015
Alezy:
Amechi did not do little (point of correction) and yes wike might surpass what Amechi did but cant be better than amechi

Brother, happy new month. How did the match end? You didn't shout GOAL loud enough!

Amaechi did very little when his strides ate compared with the revenue he accrued during his tenures.

Come to Woji and see dilapidated infrastructure!
Re: Rivers Assembly Approves Another 20billion Naira Loan For Wike by staymore: 8:49am On Jul 01, 2015
[quote author=Demdem post=35348786][/quote]

I have carefully gone through the thread on Amaechi's achievements and want to remind you that lot of things are missing from there.
Where is the monorail that almost 50billion has been spent on? Where is the Ewofe road he withdrew over 30billion naira from Rivers reserved fund to complete? Where is Trans-amadi road that he released 47billion for? When was the last time you passed Rumuohuolu road or new Airport road?

If you haven't known I want you to find out who is Diete Spiff, he remains the best Governor Rivers state has ever had.
Re: Rivers Assembly Approves Another 20billion Naira Loan For Wike by staymore: 8:51am On Jul 01, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

And Diete Spiff?

Better than your best.
Re: Rivers Assembly Approves Another 20billion Naira Loan For Wike by Nobody: 8:51am On Jul 01, 2015
dekdek:

Could Amaechi have done more than he did especially during his second tenure, of cos.
However, when compared to all his predecessors combined, what he did was massive.

We're essentially saying the same thing. Amaechi could have done doubly more but he didn't. He did little when we take into account what he received. He's all noise.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Saraki, Tambuwal At A Wedding Ceremony In Sokoto. Pics / Okorocha: God Will Judge Politicians,pastors And Court Judges First / IGP Orders Immediate Removal Of Roadblocks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.