Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,328 members, 7,954,326 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:45 PM

Analysing Govt. Ugwuanyi: One Month After - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Analysing Govt. Ugwuanyi: One Month After (617 Views)

Arthur Eze In Casual Outfit As He Visits Governor Ugwuanyi In Enugu. Photos / Governor Ugwuanyi Gives Money To Woman Who Hawks Pure Water As She Cries (Pics) / Analysing Dasuki's Statements On Weapons Scam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Analysing Govt. Ugwuanyi: One Month After by teepsee(f): 6:18pm On Jun 30, 2015
IT is about one month ago that the new governor of Enugu State, Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi took over the reins of power from the immediate past governor Sullivan Chime at Lion Building.Although one month is certainly not enough to assess his performance but it is clear that he is in the right track as expressed by the residents about his developmental strides within the short time he came into the saddle, describing him as a visionary leader with the interest of the people at heart.And the verdict was near unanimous by a a cross-section of residents in Enugu interviewed who noted with satisfaction the actions taken so far in administering the ‘Coal City State, saying that he has proved that he is poised to deliver on his campaign promises, in a bid to move the State to the next level.

Re: Analysing Govt. Ugwuanyi: One Month After by Goldmaxx(f): 6:19pm On Jun 30, 2015
k
Re: Analysing Govt. Ugwuanyi: One Month After by teepsee(f): 6:21pm On Jun 30, 2015
teepsee:
IT is about one month ago that the new governor of Enugu State, Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi took over the reins of power from the immediate past governor Sullivan Chime at Lion Building.Although one month is certainly not enough to assess his performance but it is clear that he is in the right track as expressed by the residents about his developmental strides within the short time he came into the saddle, describing him as a visionary leader with the interest of the people at heart.And the verdict was near unanimous by a a cross-section of residents in Enugu interviewed who noted with satisfaction the actions taken so far in administering the ‘Coal City State, saying that he has proved that he is poised to deliver on his campaign promises, in a bid to move the State to the next level.

•Road inspection: L-R: Gov. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu State addressing the Site Engineer of the Greylines company, Engr.George skayrak and residents of Emene, as his Deputy, Hon. Mrs. Cecilia Ezeilo looks on, when he inspected the oldEmene road..yesterday

A trader, Mr. Oguejifor Udeh based at Ogbete main market particularly praised the governor for ensuring the completion of the mind-boggling Ogbete main market entrance road within one month of his administration.According to him, the progress made on the popular market road was due to the personal intervention of the governor on the very first day he officially resumed office.“When he visited the site that very day he prevailed on the contractor handling the project to complete the work within one month time.“To me the importance and the urgency is a cleardisplay of leadership by the governor that should be applauded and emulated.“As you can see, I am happy that our governor has made us proud today. My goods can now enter from Onitsha, Aba or Lagos direct to the door-step of my shop, because this road has been completed. He was here on his first day in office and told us that the contractor has assuredhim that this then dilapidated road under reconstruction will be completed within one month”.Continuing, he said “our able governor has achieved this for us and my customers can now drive to and inside this market with ease to patronize me. What else do I want from him otherthan this selfless service? Governor Ugwuanyi has shown that he is a true leader who has the interest of the masses at heart.“This one month experience of his government is a pleasant one and I pray that God will continue to guide and protect him for us, because he will do more to develop this State”, he added.On his part, another Enugu resident, who resides in Emene, Mr. Okey Nzeobi said “surprisingly, our governor visited us here in Emene, the other day, to inspect our roads. He told us that he wants action here, that he was in a hurry to deliver and that he came with the contactor that will do our roads. As you can see, the contractor has mobilized his men and equipment to the site and construction work has started here immediately.“He also told us to stop dumping refuse on the road side and gutter; he said that what concerns Emene was bordering his administration. So I don’t know what you want me to say again about his new administration.“I heard he also went to Nsukka, 9th Mile Corner, Abakpa-Nike, and other places to identify areas he will commence work immediately. All I know isthat our governor has started well and we only pray that our economy gets better so that he will fully actualize his vision for.”A cross section of other residents told our reporter that the governor’s positive intervention during his unscheduled inspection visits to schools, markets, hospitals, satellite towns etc immediately he assumed office yielded the needed results.“The impromptu visits to those areas”, according to them, “was actually aimed at identifying areas that require urgent attention and ensuring that allon-going projects in the State which were completed within a space of time, have started yielding positive results in the state and should be highly commended”.Another remarkable feature during the first one month in office is his spirit of love not matter the political divide or disagreements.Speaking at a media parley on the second week after resumptionUgwuanyi said he was not prepared to embark onany witch-hunting expedition but to settle down to business of governing the state by not engaging in unnecessary fight against his predecessors in office.His words, “I am sure you listened to my inaugural address, all former governors were recognized. We are getting in touch with all of them to formally talk to each and every member of the council of elders we are reconstituting. We cannot in a State like this ignore the experience of these former leaders. Everybody is our friend. The era of politics is over. The peace we enjoy here (Enugu) we have to maintain that peace . Is peace enmeshed in agape love, covered by the Holy Spirit. We have fully taken over, we are in charge.“The tradition I don’t know the tradition but in the past you find a situation where once there is change of baton the new guy will start fighting the old guy.The experience of Boko Haram and experiences in the States where there is no peace is enough to teach us some lessons. Is not worth it instead we will move from strength to strength”, he added.
Re: Analysing Govt. Ugwuanyi: One Month After by Macelliot(m): 6:22pm On Jun 30, 2015
Waiting Anxiously...

1 Like

Re: Analysing Govt. Ugwuanyi: One Month After by natas22: 6:22pm On Jun 30, 2015
Re: Analysing Govt. Ugwuanyi: One Month After by ajutant(m): 6:47pm On Jun 30, 2015
Hopefully he will deliver....

(1) (Reply)

The Difference Between Governor Ayade, Godswill Akpabio And His Stooge / This Guy Says This Is The Reason Behind Boko Haram... / We Will Chase PDP Out Of Ekiti In 2018, APC Boasts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.