Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,072 members, 7,818,201 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

Save Kano Nine Trending On Twitter - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Save Kano Nine Trending On Twitter (22536 Views)

#PMBShowUsUrCertificate Now Trending On Twitter / I Hope The Kano Nine Are Not Ibos/christians- / Why Has Buhari Kept Silent On The Kano Nine? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Save Kano Nine Trending On Twitter by generaliy07(m): 11:25am On Jul 01, 2015
On Thursday, 26th June 2015, a sharia court in Kano sentenced certain Abdul-Inyas and Hajiya Mairo, with seven others to death, over a case of Blasphemy.

It was reported that this barbaric judgement created wild jubilation in certain quarters in Kano, this was further worsened by the Kano Government's credence given to the judgement. A press release by the government stated that this judgement will serve as a deterrent to others.

While i do not in any way support open criticism or mockery of Islam as a religion, we should remember that Nigeria is a secular state, with a constitution which supersedes every other, the implication of this is that neither Christian Association of Nigeria or any of the Islamic bodies in Nigeria has the right to carry out any judgment that is against the Nigerian constitution.

It is on this note that i started a Hash tag on twitter, with my handle @generaliy07, #SaveKanoNine towards creating awareness on the impending plight of this people, it is presently trending.

I implore everyone reading this who has a considerable access to the government of Kano or Nigeria to please speak on behalf of these nine, towards not just saving their lives but also ensuring their safety thereafter, as we all are aware of how far fanatics can go.

Thanks

Source:
https://samueliyanu./2015/07/01/save-kano-nine/

cc: lalasticlala ishilove

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Save Kano Nine Trending On Twitter by axiliborha(f): 11:26am On Jul 01, 2015
Four times in a roll.......mehn what's happening am scared...grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Save Kano Nine Trending On Twitter by seedgreen(m): 11:26am On Jul 01, 2015
Following

1 Like

Re: Save Kano Nine Trending On Twitter by Feranmicharles(m): 11:27am On Jul 01, 2015
Where there's law there's sinsad

Buh why would they sentence them to death Isn't that suppose to be God's own,why helping Him

End is here true true,buh why is it this generation

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Save Kano Nine Trending On Twitter by MSItachi: 11:27am On Jul 01, 2015
Let us see if they can also Be merciful.
Re: Save Kano Nine Trending On Twitter by tayebest(m): 11:27am On Jul 01, 2015
Somewhere in the Bible...

Leviticus 24:16
Anyone who blasphemes the name of the LORD is to be put to death. The entire assembly must stone them. Whether foreigner or native-born, when they blaspheme the Name they are to be put to death.

Only God can save!!

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Save Kano Nine Trending On Twitter by mistabiola: 11:27am On Jul 01, 2015
generaliy07 ; Iyanuoluwa Samuel ; How are you doing aburo? cheesy cheesy

sad
Re: Save Kano Nine Trending On Twitter by Bonapart(m): 11:27am On Jul 01, 2015
If i say both boko haram, Northern government, northern elders are all one and working together, you people will say it's a lie....
These people are all blood sucking humans
Thank God am a Christian forever
Let them sentence the remaining one wey boko haram kill remain.
"My Kingdom is not in this earth. if my Kingdom was on this earth then will i allow you to fight for me" that's the words of JESUS CHRIST

Why are these people killing for a prophet

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Save Kano Nine Trending On Twitter by Gelengelen: 11:27am On Jul 01, 2015
[size=30pt] what fccking sharia?

i thought nigerian is a secular country. why the sharia?

where is our civil law?

[/size]

35 Likes

Re: Save Kano Nine Trending On Twitter by alphaStoner(m): 11:27am On Jul 01, 2015
[size=50pt] maltina cares [/size]
Re: Save Kano Nine Trending On Twitter by Burger01(m): 11:28am On Jul 01, 2015
sad
Re: Save Kano Nine Trending On Twitter by Emekamex(m): 11:28am On Jul 01, 2015
But they agitated for sharia. I can't see how I can be of help since they were tried in a sharia court.

10 Likes

Re: Save Kano Nine Trending On Twitter by dangotesmummy: 11:29am On Jul 01, 2015
Passing by
Re: Save Kano Nine Trending On Twitter by Nobody: 11:29am On Jul 01, 2015
no comment
Re: Save Kano Nine Trending On Twitter by Gamesound(m): 11:29am On Jul 01, 2015
v
Re: Save Kano Nine Trending On Twitter by TOEZOFFICIAL(m): 11:30am On Jul 01, 2015
Re: Save Kano Nine Trending On Twitter by GoldStandard: 11:30am On Jul 01, 2015
#savekanonine
Nigeria is not Saudi Arabia where people are beheaded for blasphemy against a non-existent prophet. angry

26 Likes

Re: Save Kano Nine Trending On Twitter by Mubbyleey(m): 11:30am On Jul 01, 2015
sad
Re: Save Kano Nine Trending On Twitter by Oildichotomy(m): 11:30am On Jul 01, 2015
The truth is I am less concerned about what happens with the Islamic religion and its binding laws.

They are too extreme to be fair but you are not allowed to say anything cos you can easily be tagged blasphemious and whatever.

If the laws in their Koran stipulates death penalty for blasphemy and they still have adherents who say "Allah akhbar" to it when they know they have freedom of Religion . So be it , they are bound by it.

I can't cry more than the bereaved. BTW, I was expecting a Muslim to cry out not a Christian like the OP.
Leave matter for mohammed to handle abeg

8 Likes

Re: Save Kano Nine Trending On Twitter by Nobody: 11:30am On Jul 01, 2015
Na was o

1 Like

Re: Save Kano Nine Trending On Twitter by ShakurM(m): 11:32am On Jul 01, 2015
Hypocrisy of the so called Sharia undecided, Ex commissioner of Zamfara state Malam Ibrahim Wakkala sex tape was released, No sharia judgement was done 2 him and he was part of the people clamouring 4 Sharia law ...

Nigeria is a country of pluralistic religion and tribes but it's a secular state no matter what!

#NO2SHARIA

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Save Kano Nine Trending On Twitter by gragraboy: 11:32am On Jul 01, 2015
Thank God the accused where not Christians, they would have burnt churches join. I think they should be left with their sharia to sort themselves out.

11 Likes

Re: Save Kano Nine Trending On Twitter by Nobody: 11:32am On Jul 01, 2015
Stupid religion.religion of anger and bitterness

6 Likes

Re: Save Kano Nine Trending On Twitter by sexaddict08(m): 11:33am On Jul 01, 2015
Re: Save Kano Nine Trending On Twitter by lonelydora: 11:33am On Jul 01, 2015
Why take decision for your god? Allow him to fight for himself.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Save Kano Nine Trending On Twitter by yorke1: 11:34am On Jul 01, 2015
#Savekano9

Fvck Islam, fvck Mohammed and Allah!!!

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Save Kano Nine Trending On Twitter by ToyozzieTohBad(f): 11:35am On Jul 01, 2015
Religion Where Their Prophet Defiles A 9 Year Old Girl. And Not Only That. Awon Weyrey.

9 Likes

Re: Save Kano Nine Trending On Twitter by sweatlana: 11:35am On Jul 01, 2015
Nigeria is such a useless country. Especially the north. The criminal procedure code clearly state what is a capital offence. Is blasphemy included?
The sharia court which is equivalent to magistrate court does not even have the jurisdiction to try a capital offence.

3 Likes

Re: Save Kano Nine Trending On Twitter by ice25(f): 11:36am On Jul 01, 2015
sharia is killing, bokoharam is killing. what is the difference? oh! one kills in tens while the other kills in thousands.

like I will always say...

THE NORTH NEEDS A REPUBLIC

13 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Seized Pump Action Rifles: Nigerian Customs Meet With Turkish Ambassador(photos) / David Jang Visits Ragnar, Aiden And Liam Femi Fani-Kayode Triplets / I’ll Assign Portfolio To Ministers At Inauguration – Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.