Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,098 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:45 AM

Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] - Satellite TV Technology (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (260996 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (175) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by graciousme(f): 6:53pm On Mar 14, 2009
@all

my intelsat 7/10k is not showing,its been like this for a while called an installer,worked all day on it but was able to get through,but i still feel it might go off anytime soon,he said something about the diseqc.i will wait and see what happens.i coudlnt get loveworld and other channels attached to the loveworld frequency.is here anything i have to do?

@baba_egun

the guy tried his best.the fuji lnb we had at hand did not work well(so he said) so we cant dream of show channels,he recommended a 2.4 dish for that.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by sathob(m): 7:23pm On Mar 14, 2009
@Salamander
u 've got to get a new phone a.s.a.p if not how can i get through with those infos anyway, i think that u should add 4660 pvr series to ur budget. u know how i am bent on getting 4620 if u wouldn't mind sell that to me make a top up and get a new one cheesy.

And i don't think 4620 has usb for upgrade so it means we get the rs232 cable and a loader even if it can work with the patch.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 7:50pm On Mar 14, 2009
hey guys, this talk on d latest patch that opens mytv which later fries it. am a little bit confused, i spent about $20 when i repaired my last decoder which i fried somtimes last year. so i cant risk this operation. twinstaiye come to my aid, ola-i jst returnd frm d jungle,do u hav d latest patch on strong? badaru,olofofo-do u too?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 8:03pm On Mar 14, 2009
@ salamander, a dedicated FTA ethusiast doesnt sell his personal decoders no matter how outdated d device may look. it comes handy the least time u ever envisage. 4650 or 52 are d best for tracking nile. an hobbyst must have minimum of two different decoder brands or series and there's no limitation on d maximum. think twice b4 being coerced, cos every fta hobbysts are very trickish, just like d signals being tracked.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by mjay(m): 8:50pm On Mar 14, 2009
cos every fta hobbysts are very trickish, just like d signals being tracked.

Really?? LMAO
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by sathob(m): 9:17pm On Mar 14, 2009
@enitan
I think you don't need to be confussed because the patch is working perfectly well. it's only when salamander wasn't sure whether it is compatible with his 4620 receiver that raised the issue of frying his decoder.

The other issue is that whilst i have 2 signals for mytv all with green but different polarization, the patch opened with the signal with V pol and refused to open that of H pol.

enitan2002:

@ salamander, a dedicated FTA ethusiast doesnt sell his personal decoders no matter how outdated d device may look. it comes handy the least time u ever envisage. 4650 or 52 are d best for tracking nile.
there is no way salamander will give that receiver out. it's not easy to come by one even the faulty one. one installer would release his to me for an exchange with 4663x, later he "swerved" me. smiley
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 9:20pm On Mar 14, 2009
@ enitan- if u ever changed that receiver panel b4 ,abeg my bros 4get about the patch cos all the new panel in market re fake. @ all- abrdcadabra break my heart 2day, imagine going off 10min of heartbroken man united match.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by chuk101(m): 9:24pm On Mar 14, 2009
hi pito,   hi olofofo,    thanks for your assitance , but i think i still need  a lesson on how to download a sotware onto a strong  decoder , honestly i made  a fool of myself today , i managed to get the rs cable   but when i connected it to my pc nothing happend , i guess i am a novice in this aspect, pls i need u r  assistance , however i have returned the cable to the owner , and i am still wondering if there is any other method of downloading onto a re
ceiver
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 11:14pm On Mar 14, 2009
@ chuks - u ll need strong stb loader. Send me ur email for upload.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 11:14pm On Mar 14, 2009
@ chuks - u ll need strong stb loader. Send me ur email for upload.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Ecowas4All(m): 11:59pm On Mar 14, 2009
@Salamander
What would i do in this Accra without you. LMFAO! If your phone is a "Sha Lai Pushuwa" Phone what should i call mine?! My brother on a more serious note i doubt that we can move on meaningfully without the technical support of those guys.

@Sathob forget the receiver, Salamander brought it to my place and trust me we even used it to track birds in an "open heart surgery" situation. It apparently worked better with the lid off. I am not sure you can pay salamander enough for him to release that machine to you.

@Enitan
No shaking the Software is ok.

@Captain
Where you do? Any feedback from CRTV?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Ecowas4All(m): 12:00am On Mar 15, 2009
@Captain
That should have been where u dey on the previous post
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by chuk101(m): 7:41am On Mar 15, 2009
@ pitodenz
Thank you for your response pitodenz, my emails are imatnow@yahoo.com or imatnow@gmail.com
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by toxnaija: 7:54am On Mar 15, 2009
all,
Showtime is off.no premiership for us this weekend?sorry to man u. fans especially olofofo.i hope you wont use this against us ooo.i am waiting for an echolink update.the jsc/mytv patch works perfectly except that it changed the opening screen to that of mytv.at least i am enjoying serie a and la liga in the absence of epl this weekend.

graciousme,
i am still waiting for ur text on dstv.i hope you werent referring to TCM.i am waiting for u in Lag anytime before July.

Adewest/badaru1,
what can i do about my Orbit that refused to open.i hope a new update will address it.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olofofo(m): 9:33am On Mar 15, 2009
@toxnaija

the update you see is not for showtime.:
NEWS

Digi TV ok

TV Vlaanderen ok

RAI Hotbird seca2 ok

TV FOX srbija ok

ORF ok

TV Globo ok

dont panic ok

SSS ok

liverpool yeye us no be small, but life goes on. we are still on course for the title.
There has not been any update for orbit in a very long time,over a month now, so you are not doing anything wrong.
we should expect update before the end of today.

@all

does anybody notice how natgeo sticks arround when every other showtime channel is down

features of the new echolink 3030 IR USB

.PVR
.records in .mpg format, no need to convert to anything else.
.PIP ( picture in picture) watch 2 diiferent channel on one decoder
.upload updates via USB, no more need for rs232 cable.
.better signal detection
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by salamander(m): 11:04am On Mar 15, 2009
I had a good laugh when I read the thread this morning. So this is what I think I will do:

Sathob, I've one 4620 II that has a problem with the power. If you can work on it, then we are in business.

As enitan put it, no dedicated sat hobbyist gives out his box even if old. I still have some analogue boxes around and have not decided what to do with it, hoping that one day it may become useful.

I agree with Ecowas4all about the China products. It has helped us, but some of them are too artificial. Even the guys in Ijebu do better than the Chinese on some of the product. I can stand, Chinese gadgets, but their pharmaceuticals products, I doubt that.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 11:35am On Mar 15, 2009
@ graciousme,
the dog that goes into the lion's den doesnt come out alive.

@ chuk101,
just a piece of advice for you, just get a phone call to anyone here whenever you're ready to do the upload. its somehow getting ****** in here, with the same problem for over 2 weeks, it's giving us a bad name here that we dont wanna helpa member in need.

@ olofofo,
scummies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@ pitodenz,
every damn decoder out there are all fake.
The first one i bought was fake, i think i should enlighten members here the type of frying we have

My first experience goes thus:
There's a patch that you need to upload to your decoder before entering the keys to open nilesat stations, that was sometimes last year, it was posted by toxnaija, and i've just gotten the rs-232 cable, so i thought i should give it a trial.
But before i did that, i noticed that my 4653X has USB support, so i tried the uploading through the USb, but the decoder couldnt read it.
So, I resorted to using the cable, imeediately i finished with the uploading of the flash, my decoder just went dead. So i plugged it on back, i noticed that there's a flash at the display screen and later goes dead back again. And i already have a reset patch for the model at hand, so i plugged in back my decoder back, so at the instant of the flashing LED light, my PC detected that the decoder was on, so i was able to upload the reset file patch, and i was lucky to wake it up back. Even though, the deocder was a fake one. As if i was under a spell, i proceeded uploading the reset patch again using USB, and luckily the USB was activated, i was succesfull at that also. So, I thought maybe because i used a cable to upload tox's patch that was why it went dead, so i thought of using the USB port, and for the first time it bacame active and i saw the process percentage thus: 1%,2%,3%, 99%. i was so happy, it never occured to me thats a countdown to me becoming doomed, and at exactly 100%, my decoder went dead again.
I was very happy at this outcome, thinking that i'll be able to revive it just like what i did earlier on, but what i noticed was that whenever i plugged in the decoder back into power supply, it didnt flash again like before. So when i put my cable to my PC, it counldnt detect the decoder as being on, i guess thats where the problem now comes in. If the Pc cant detect the decoder to be on, putiing a reset patch will be a problem.

So, whenever anyone is saying his decoder got fried, try and be specific, there're 2 grades: flashing and goes dead or not flashing at all.
If its the first case, reseting will surely works, but the latter, abeg na change of panel go solve am oooooo.

Am ready to give the latest patch a trial very soon. And to He that says it opens some of mytv channels with V polarity, i will also check into that.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olofofo(m): 12:04pm On Mar 15, 2009
@enitan

say it to my face, one on one under EKO Bridge. PAMF!!!!!!
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Gangsta101(m): 12:50pm On Mar 15, 2009
Pito,

I am absolutely convinced those showtime guys timed that thing to perfection, they waited for us to settle in front of our tv screens and then "BANG" No more showtime. Actually, mine didn't happen like that, i was when the players were filing onto the pitch, the signal started scratching, i changed the channels but it was happening to all the showtime packages, so i went outside to check if maybe a spider or something was covering the lnb and i mistakenly bent one of the supporting rods holding the lnb, so i had to take my TV and decoder out to reset the signal (all this took about 10 mins) and when i got back and settled down to enjoy a nice meal with the game, well, there was no more showtime. really really heart breaking. that might evern explain why Man Utd were thrashed.

Chuks

i don't know if u are familiar with the protocol for software transfer from PC to STB but it goes something like this

1. Connect your PC and STB via a crossed (rs232c) serial cable. Pleas note the no. of the serial port you are using, if you are using a USB to serial cable, the go to start menu, right click on My Computer there and click on "Manage". this should bring up the computer management screen. Click on Device Manager on the left hand column on the screen and then on the right hand side, click on the (+) sign next to the Ports (COM & LPT), and you will see all the available serial ports, note the com port assigned to your USB to SERIAL cable.

2. Double click on the ALIMUPG55.exe file (wherever you saved it) and you will see see a dialog box asking you to 'connect'. Make sure your STB is off and then click on connect, then switch on your STB immediately afterwards the system should find your STB after a while (about 10 secs). (if you are using USB to serial you may need to click on the connect option a second time) Once it finds your STB, double-click on the space where it says AL!3329c and search for the software you want to load.

from there on, everything is easy. Please make sure you load your software under Generator coverage, cos any power failure can damage your STB.

Hope this is of help to you.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 1:26pm On Mar 15, 2009
chuks check ur yahoo account
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by sathob(m): 6:31pm On Mar 15, 2009
enitan2002:

Am ready to give the latest patch a trial very soon. And to He that says it opens some of mytv channels with V polarity, i will also check into that.
Man don't get me wrong. I am not saying some of mytv channels with V pol. If that's what my post means then let's all get it right for last time. I have Mytv Africa channel with two pols on different frequencies, my tv Africa (H) and my tv Africa (V). the patch only open Mytv Africa (V) and won't open my tv Africa (H).
No other channel is opened, save urself the stress. my name is sathob. smiley
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olofofo(m): 4:46am On Mar 16, 2009
@all

new updates out for SHT. group members check the group. others, check the regular sources.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by NashFTA(m): 7:45am On Mar 16, 2009
@All,
I have come across a dealer who is selling a Strong Decoder, SRT4822XII. It has a CA slot for MyTV card, one Common Interface Slot and PVR via USB. It is retailing for US$124, plus another US$50 for an Irdeto CA Module. Since I have not previously used strong receivers, what should I check to know if its an original Strong Product? Thanks.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olofofo(m): 8:37am On Mar 16, 2009
Nash-FTA:

@All,
I have come across a dealer who is selling a Strong Decoder, SRT4822XII. It has a CA slot for MyTV card, one Common Interface Slot and PVR via USB. It is retailing for US$124, plus another US$50 for an Irdeto CA Module. Since I have not previously used strong receivers, what should I check to know if its an original Strong Product? Thanks.

check that there's a serial no, CE printed and not stickered to the back and then the made in china sticker. they are all located between the AV input and the COM port.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 9:14am On Mar 16, 2009
@ big george,
am still having issues receiving packet data from that google group address link, just dont know maybe my connection is the problem, can you kindly forward the patch twins posted some days back that work with mytv africa and jsc+ sports channel to odupitanenitan@gmail.com or enitany20022005@yahoo.com, i will appreciate that.
@enitan,
Sorry for the late reply but it looks like someone has already sent the files to you. But just in case
you still need them, check your mailbox. I'm sending now.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 9:18am On Mar 16, 2009
@george

did you get my sms?

My man, I didn't get it o! But thanks all the same. Was able to make do with the much
information you gave on the phone. The installation was a success.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 9:24am On Mar 16, 2009
George,
sorry I couldnt hear you on the phone.check Eurobird1/Astra2a/b/c/d at 28.2 East frequencies-11934 V 27500 Sky Promo,12226 H 27500 Community Channel,12304 H 27500 Sky News.They are all free and receivable between early evening and noon.they break in the afternoon just like Nilesat Showsports.
@toxnaija,
Thanks for the frequencies. I had to settle for only nilesat for now because I discovered
that the welder that did the neck of my fibre didn't do a good job. We couldn't get it to
track accurately. Will be posting full details of the nilesat installation in due course.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 9:28am On Mar 16, 2009
@ George
u may link up with olofofo

@Pitodenz,
Even if I decide to get echolink, I will still need the starsat. So, just
tell that your guy to go ahead with the arrangement. As soon as I
am chanced, I will send the money across to you. Thanks.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 12:55pm On Mar 16, 2009
@satcoper,
I have sent you the file you requested. Install and enjoy! grin
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by DatNiggaAk(m): 1:34pm On Mar 16, 2009
olofofo:

@all

new updates out for SHT. group members check the group. others, check the regular sources.

olofofo,
please can you help me out on how to install the update and the sites?  please?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by osef(m): 3:17pm On Mar 16, 2009
i really belive i needed to resign this job that is taking away from network areea i just cant belive that few days away ant we are in the third season, you guys are just great,
let me aprreciate the house as I was able to GATHER courage from lesson from the house to work on my sirus and was able to use a single dish for both sirus and w3, i really appreciate this great house and just for the joy os seeing the red turning green i say thanks alot to you guys.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ENITAN AND ENIGMA MORE FRUITFUL DAYS AHEAD
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Ced8: 4:01pm On Mar 16, 2009
Any1 gettin zee tv networks on pas7/10c ?Dnt knw d position.Its always scrambled,dnt knw if d cards wil open em up.
Im always in awe of dis thread.Kip am up .1 luv

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (175)

Strong Receivers Thread / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Free to Air codes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.