Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:30 AM

Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] - Satellite TV Technology (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (260999 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (175) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 2:22pm On Mar 11, 2009
@ badaru we need more info about this card. From what i gathered from jujukemist the card stays on without update for a period of 6 months. @ enitan if this card can last for six months without before upgrade, then it means that juju card still has a long way to go, so i think i still prefer the juju card + echo or star.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by microgiant: 4:28pm On Mar 11, 2009
@Badaru

Hope this card is not the type the require a programmer, with the Juju card it's the decoder that is actually updated not the card, the card only enables the updated emulation programme in the decoder to open encrypted channels.

But there are some cards that you program with copies of providers files so they actually work like original subscriber cards, with autoroll features - e.g. changing keys whenever the provider changes keys. but if the compromised card is known then the provider blocks the card or discovers a hole in the pirate card which they can also use to block it, then it becomes what Enigma called an ice scrapper.

apart from that most of these cards require programmers, current working programs, etc because if it doesn't autoroll anymore new files comes out and you then require to reprogramme the card once more.

they work on any receiver with a card reader with the right cas interface, e.g irdeto, nagra, cryptoworks, seca

some can only be programmed with a single cas while some have multi-cas capability e.g. irdeto & conax on same card
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by chuk101(m): 6:54pm On Mar 11, 2009
hi guys , its been a while now,
i am happy to join the season three of fta, thanks moderator for this wonderful forum, i also do pay visits to other related sat forums on nairaland, news, Ait and mbc 3 mauritius have acquired the free to air right of the uefa champions league from next season , the right was previously held by osmi but i guess the price is becoming too much for them, also the price of aits hd decoder is now 18 k , the must have realised that nobody would be willing to subscribe to daar sat, tv malagasy shows champions league matches on tuesdays and wednesdays, but the bad news is that the do not have a programme schedule therefore one cant tell which match the would be televising.
olofofo pito oga badaru enitan and every one i salute una oooo

@ olofofo good day to you and how is life. i sent a g group request but yet to have a reply my gmail is
imatnow@gmail.com i hope to hear from you
thank you
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by sambass(m): 7:27pm On Mar 11, 2009
Still on the card dat work on strong
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by sambass(m): 7:29pm On Mar 11, 2009
Nwannem pito kedu nke neme
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 8:48am On Mar 12, 2009
For jack movement- the normal range in my most installations is between 70 degree east to 45 degree west for 1.8m dish while 2.4m dish is between 70 degree east to 35 degree west. That is if the dish is moving from east to west. Reverse is the case if you move from west to east. It is better you move from east to west. All these depend on the neck construction.

@badaru1,
I hear you. Thanks for the info. will definitely put it into use as i adjust my jack limits
later today or tomorrow.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 9:40am On Mar 12, 2009
@pito, salamander, captainus, ecowas4all, et al,
I couldn't put those suggestions into use yesterday. Reason is that I just got a
3m fibre (more like 3.2m actually) so i've been running around preparing things
for the installation. I intend to motorise it too so a lot of work is involved here.
As you can see I probably got my hands more than full - running between fibre and mesh smiley
This FTA na wao grin grin grin
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 9:43am On Mar 12, 2009
@olofofo,
I was expecting that transponder list yesternight but it never came. I guess
you probably got carried away with the euphoria of victory (up man U grin )
So, anyway, can you still send it? Still waiting.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by xwallace(m): 10:02am On Mar 12, 2009
@Olofofo,twinstaiye,enitan,pitodenz and other gurus in house.how does STB LOADER looks like (i.e. well definition on that pls) and also how much does it cost,if u never mind. @olofofo,twinstaiye i'm very grateful to u so far for help,thanks.Givers never lack.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 10:25am On Mar 12, 2009
pls tell anybody posting any link to fileson the google group to endeavour to also post unzipped files.It makes things really easy
@toxnaija,
It is always faster and easier to post compressed files online-that is why most people use winzip
and other compression tools like winrar. I have just uploaded the lastest winzip pro version 12.0
to the g-group file section. It is a fully licensed software. Just download, install and follow the
directions for registration. Use it to unzip all the STB patch files. Enjoy!

I will also upload winrar v3.8 fully licensed version too if you need it.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 10:27am On Mar 12, 2009
@ xwallace,
i just hope my asserions are not wrong, battling with update for more than 3 weeks now i guess.
Just tell us your location, a member close to you will be ready to help you.

@ Big george,
kindly provide the link to the google group, i've been having problem getting across to that link for the past 72 hrs, pls help
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 10:34am On Mar 12, 2009
@enitan,
Here's the link: http://groups.google.co.in/group/nairaland-fta?hl=en-GB
Click and log in.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 10:37am On Mar 12, 2009
@pito,
No news yet about the starsat stuff? I hope that guy will not keep
me hanging on perpetually grin
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olofofo(m): 11:31am On Mar 12, 2009
@xwallace
the stbloader is a software for loading your strog decoders. it is not for sell ooooooooooooooo. give ya email, i will mail it to you soonest.

@george

did you get my sms?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by fopros: 12:08pm On Mar 12, 2009
I am interested in the card.How much does it cost? and how can i get it here in Lome. I would like to know also about the echolink decoder price. isn't there any juju card for Canalsat, the french package on NSS7?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by twinstaiye(m): 12:30pm On Mar 12, 2009
@ xwallace
I am sorry it took you this long all because of updating your strong receiver. I for one had thought that you had followed my advice. All you need to do is check the phone number of any of the forum number in the FAQon FTA thread, give him a call, and i am sure they will guide you through the process especially now that you said you have a rs232 cable, and assuming that Olofofo had mailed the stb loader to you.
All that it will cost you now is a credit to your phone that will last the process and i insist it is not more than 5 minutes.

For avoidance of doubt, here is the process.

1. Get the patch in a flash drive or in a folder on your desktop
2. Get the loader too in the same place where the patch is stored
3. Put on your receiver
4. Get your rs 232 cable ready, and connect it to both the receiver and your computer
5. when this is done, go to your computer where you store the loader and double click on it
6. A dialogue box will open, click browse and go to where you store the patch (remember you stored it in the same folder as the loader)
7. When you have selected the patch, click start
8. you yourself should know by now that you are updating your decoder assuming your rs 232 cable is okay and you follow the instructions above

If you are still stuck, then get help from anyone by making a phone call.

I hope that helps.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by fopros: 12:54pm On Mar 12, 2009
hi all, where can i get the file to update my strong 4653x and also how the process to enter the keys. I have received an updated list of keys for many packages. but i have no idea on how to use it. if anyone is interested , please send me emails at fopros@yahoo.fr since it is forbiden to post keys here.
thanks for your help
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by xwallace(m): 3:47pm On Mar 12, 2009
@Olofofo,twinstaiye and enitan2002.I will remain ever grateful to u and i don't know how would thank u for your help.@olofofo this my email:xwallace4u@yuurok.com,@enitan i live at Enugu precisely at Nsukka where i school.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 4:17pm On Mar 12, 2009
@ xwallace,
if you earnest have the intention to upgrade your decoder, you would have done that a long time. better still why not try to upgrade to 4653X/4663X, that will be te best option for you right now.

@ big george,
am still having issues receiving packet data from that google group address link, just dont know maybe my connection is the problem, can you kindly forward the patch twins posted some days back that work with mytv africa and jsc+ sports channel to odupitanenitan@gmail.com or enitany20022005@yahoo.com, i will appreciate that.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by graciousme(f): 6:09pm On Mar 12, 2009
@all

hi guys,how can i join the google group plssssssssss,i might not be hunting enough birds but i can learn from you.thanks.

@toxie

how u dey?long time.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by toxnaija: 6:51pm On Mar 12, 2009
Graciousme,
I am ok.when are we seeing you in Lagos?

George,
sorry I couldnt hear you on the phone.check Eurobird1/Astra2a/b/c/d at 28.2 East frequencies-11934 V 27500 Sky Promo,12226 H 27500 Community Channel,12304 H 27500 Sky News.They are all free and receivable between early evening and noon.they break in the afternoon just like Nilesat Showsports.

Badaru,
nice to hear from you again especially those card goodies.what can i do about my Orbit that refused to unscramble for some days now?thanks for helping with the ART.it opens with the speed of light now.the thing fear u no be small ooo.how is madam and my friend?

all,
how far with the Globecast project?I have this piece of good news for people who have Hotbird-

New Cyfrowy Polsat transponder on 13E    source: tvpolsat.info
Parameters of a new Cyfrowy Polsat transponder are already known. Polish operator has signed a contract with satellite operator Eutelsat. The cost of a Hot Bird 9 (13E) satellite capacity recently purchased by Cyfrowy Polsat is 124 million PLN. Contract was signed on the 26th of February 2009 and was regarded as significant because its value exceeds 10% of revenues for the last four quarters of turnover.
Technical parameters of Cyfrowy Polsat new transponder (it was used by French platform TPS):
Satellite: Hot Bird 9 (13°E)
Transponder:112
Frequency: 10,758 GHz
Polarization: V
SR: 27500
FEC: 3/4

olofofo,
call her on 080atet1age.regards.

Enitan,
how far with what we discussed.where is my cake.Sade asked after u yesterday.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olofofo(m): 6:54pm On Mar 12, 2009
@tox
thanks

@graciousme

forward yah gmail account to olofofo@gmail.com

@xwallace

the loader should be in your box now.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by salamander(m): 7:08pm On Mar 12, 2009
Now that Gracious me has surfaced, where has Satman gone? Or is it still the issue of establishing Satman's gender? We need the ladies for a change.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by graciousme(f): 7:24pm On Mar 12, 2009
@all

guys pls check out your dstv,i will when i can get my gen to work,someone should pls check and let the house know if their technical hitch (u know wat i mean) is still on,thanks yall!
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by toxnaija: 7:53pm On Mar 12, 2009
graciousme,
pls text me.walahi I never knew the dstv awoof don come back ooo.pls ja mi si oooo.

olofofo,
pls add her in the group.let me know how far with the 4m dish.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Ecowas4All(m): 10:05pm On Mar 12, 2009
@All WHO DO NOT KNOW HOW TO ENTER THE G GROUP
please learn from Tox, do you see the alacrity with which he supported graciousme to olofofo?

@Graciousme
I second your nomination honourable member designate. Your first assignment when you gain access to the group will be to submit complete details of the "technical hitch"! on 53X series to be precise! Do I hear An AMEN?!!!
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Ecowas4All(m): 10:46pm On Mar 12, 2009
@G Group Members
The patches do not work for 53X any clues?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 12:26am On Mar 13, 2009
@ enitan - visit satmac for mytv file. @ ecowas4all - the file should work witth 53x though i ve not tried it.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by sammu(m): 6:12am On Mar 13, 2009
@ecowas4all, though not a g group member, the patch works well on 53X and 51x. I got my file from persiangig. Am watching mytv africa now.
@fopros, i sent you a mail.
@all, globecast is testing about 10 channel slots on their transponder. Lets hope they add good channels soon. Walftv encrypted as at time of posting this
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olofofo(m): 9:07am On Mar 13, 2009
@sammu

Please forward your gmail account to me for group activation.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by chuk101(m): 10:48am On Mar 13, 2009
@ olofofo
thanks man for the g group acceptance i got ur mail however i have a little problem ,each time i try to go to the g group it wouldnt open , i was wondering if the site is down or is it that my internet connection would not allow me to ,

@ pitodenz
hello , i ve got the software ,but the one i was able to download is for 4661x and 4668x, that of 4663x was nowhere to be found, can this be used for 4663x

@everyone , tv malagasy showed the barca lyon match on wednesday live and direct,and direct 8 showed the uefa cup yesterday. it is another alternative for etv but u have to cope without the tv schedule thats the difference. from next year uefa champions league and europa cup(uefa cup) would be available on Ait and Mbc 3 , on free to air basis , i guess it would still be free for nss 7 c band and not strictly for daarsat subscribers,
If you have sabc on ur satelitte cherish it cause dstv acquired the exclusive right for the fifa confederations cup in sub saharran africa excluding SA but from my enquiries it will be free on sabc so lets keep our fingers crossed

If you like movies always take time to check on TIM channel near tv mozambique they always screen new and interesting hollywood movies, at least i have watched , iron man , the new indiana jones and many others i cant remembbber, the audio is usually in english while the subtitle is always in portugues.
Enjoy folks
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olofofo(m): 10:53am On Mar 13, 2009
@chuk101

nice work, to log into the group home page go to http://groups.google.co.in/group/nairaland-fta?hl=en-GB and then use your gmail account and password and chazam you are in.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (175)

Strong Receivers Thread / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Free to Air codes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.