Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,022 members, 7,818,025 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:07 AM

Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] - Satellite TV Technology (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] (260985 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (175) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by toxnaija: 6:00pm On Mar 10, 2009
all,
it is nice to join the season 3 after so many days of hibernations.Happy birthday to Enigma and Enitan and other March people.I miss everybody especially onye-ngbu.when should i come to Awka?
My Tv3 Ghana is now back.
thanks to badaru for helping to fix my ART on Echolink.I was with him last wednesday.He was such a good host.I am still finding it hard to open Orbit package on Eurobird2.what do I do?

Olofofo,
thanks for the jsc and echolink files.they made my weekend.pls tell anybody posting any link to fileson the google group to endeavour to also post unzipped files.It makes things really easy.how far with the 4m fibre dish at Ogba?

Vickoy,
thanks for helping with my lappy.how far with the digital cable experiment?Can Lagosians also enjoy the cable freebies Butoneday informed the house about?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by twinstaiye(m): 6:05pm On Mar 10, 2009
@xwallace
You will need rs 232 cable for you to be able to upgrade your srt 4650 receiver. If you check around page 60 - 70 of the last season, this was discussed. or better still, check the FAQ on FTA where i reproduced the post.
On how to get the cable, it depend on where you reside, if you are in abuja as I am, then I can be of great help. But as soon as you get the rs232 cable, i am sure any member of the forum will be too willing to tell you how to go about it.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by alcovex1(m): 6:42pm On Mar 10, 2009
@ all, jujukemist.
any member(s) of this forum around kaduna, katsina, and sokoto, pls mail me your tel. No to alcoveprojectsltd@yahoo.com. i would be on my way to these locations starting tommorrow.

@ olofofo,
hope the above email add is okay for d group. Dont have a gmail one. Thanks.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by xwallace(m): 7:47pm On Mar 10, 2009
@twinstaiye,i live at enugu and also have rs 232 cable.someone in the house pls tell me how will i go about upgrading srt 4650.ur help will ease my mind.Givers never lack.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Ecowas4All(m): 9:35pm On Mar 10, 2009
@George_D.
Yes before your previous post it would have been difficult to determin which LNB was 'Top' or 'bottom'. However a close look would indicate that the blue cap is the strong LNB while the white cap is the supermax. You see, the direction of the cables going down also confirms that your dish as it is now is currently pointing west.

Thanks for the pic.

I have a comment for your combination though, i have noticed that the LNB come in a straight line. However in my experience you may have to curve the 3 LNB locations so that they form a wide C shape, kind of mimicking Clarke's belt. You see if the holder is straight some of the signals would not be detected.
Maybe you could try it and confirm or disprove my curvature theory. I should find time and post my own straight holder.

Regards
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 11:25pm On Mar 10, 2009
@ capitainus - that was my only way of telling him that i ve been in this type of mess so many times b4 i got a solution, plz dont get me wrong. About the flat bar extender, i only use it when i want to move the dish downward like 55 degrees west but it should be vertical not horizontal, like in George case. @ badaru/adewest - am having problems with art and showsport signal during the dark hrs. Around 6.30pm the signal ll start dropping and went off completely b4 8pm. But today i went back and re-adjuct the settings and lnb and as of 9pm showsport is still up with signal strength of 40% in old strong with a little breaking though with good visibility but art is 38% and breaks more than showsprt. The lnb is fuji. Moreover, metrodigital cable station also experience picture breaking though very mild and almost un-noticeable with their 6m dish. I want to know if theres a way out of this problem.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 11:48pm On Mar 10, 2009
@ jossybless
check satmac now , ur question on bug free has been answered.
@ all
jsc sports bug free out in satmac, download,load and confirm for us. U guys are doing a great job there. ( some bugs fixed)
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by olofofo(m): 11:51pm On Mar 10, 2009
twinstaiye:

@xwallace
You will need rs 232 cable for you to be able to upgrade your srt 4650 receiver.  If you check around page 60 - 70 of the last season, this was discussed. or better still, check the FAQ on FTA where i reproduced the post.
On how to get the cable, it depend on where you reside, if you are in abuja as I am, then I can be of great help.  But as soon as you get the rs232 cable, i am sure any member of the forum will be too willing to tell you how to go about it.

yes but you will not be able to check the file section of the group, you will only be able to receive updates in your mail. let me know if i should activate this email or whether you want to open a gmail account.
@tox

sorry ojare. did you get my text?

@@xwallace

apart from the cable, you will need the stb loader since it does not have USB, once you once the software that you want to use, just lunch the loader and chazam you are there.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 1:03am On Mar 11, 2009
@ chief olofofo,
well done for all your efforts in taking this thread to a greater heights and also kudos to other frequent and seasoned members, keep up the good work.

for those clamoring to join the google group, its only time that will tell and judge your membership but nevertheless you guys are still not left out from any information.
I can name some few guys that have been here before but later disappeared (they might be reading and not posting), so it is how stable and contributive you are that will earn you a spot in the google group.
I eat,drink and sleep FTA, since the very first moment i installed my first ever dish which was a 90cm size and facing NSS7 ku @ 22W, i've become addcited to the FTA and this thread in particular. And the fellas i also met here are not really helping matters for me to severe my love from FTA cos they are really worse mentally in terms of FTA compare to me. Imagine someone on his birthday, installing nile for a fellow member, or is the person who looks up at every dish he come across on his way either while walking or driving?
We fellas in here have really gone GAGA.

FTA has come to stay and nothing PAYTV operators can do about it.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Ecowas4All(m): 7:51am On Mar 11, 2009
I tend to agree with the length of the jack theory.
However Salamander you should explain to me how you managed to go beyond 22 Deg West with a 24 '' Jack.?
I think there a few things to consider rather than rush to buy a new jack:
1- Choose the direction on which to install the jack. i.e. the side east or west with the lowest satellite on the horizon comparatively. For example if 68 E is the lowest satellite on the horizon (sine often people do not get further than 50 westwards the jack should be installed with the shaft facing eastward.
2- There are 2 holes on the vertical panel used to measure inclination. Choosing the first or the second hold to mount the jack would influence the extent of projection say by about 3 inches, this means your 24 '' jack could become 21 or 27'' depending on where you mount it.
3- The additional flat bar which is in contention between pito and captain should be installed horizontally but eastward as this is likely to support a further 6 inches of jutting out for the shaft.

In Conclusion 9 inches or less can be added with the current tools of the 24'' i.e. 33''.

Innovative guys shouldn't buy any new jack. Busy and wealthy people can try replacing their jacks.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 9:43am On Mar 11, 2009
@pitodenz, ecowas4all, salamander, captainus, jossybless, et al,
Thanks for all your suggestions. It's great to see knowledgeable guys
rallying to help a member in need.
Now for some clarifications:

Yes, the jack is a regular one (superjack 24 inch) and the dish is a COMSTAR 2.5m.
The jack is installed facing eastward as the start point.

Those are the basics. This is the problem: The dish falls to the west side (under it's
own weight) when I try extending it beyond 22w (CNN position). It fails to retract untill
somebody climbs up to manually push up the lip to a point and I reset the positioner before it
begins retracting again.

I tried doing away with the flat bar as suggested by pito and clamping the jack directly to the
dish but that created another problem. When I do that, I notice I can't track below Intelsat 7/10 KU
although it gives me more room on the west side. I'd love to track between these two positions: Thaicom 2,5 (78.5E) and Intelsat 707 (53.0W). That is why I'm looking for a solution that is best suitable in the circumstance. Buying a 36 inch jack as someone suggested should only come in after I have explored all other options to no avail.

So, this evening I'm going to swing into action once again. I'll try adjusting the limit switch and installing the flat bar vertical instead of horizontal (like pito suggested) and see how it goes.

Thanks once again. You guys are great!
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 10:10am On Mar 11, 2009
Ecowas4All:

@George_D.

I have a comment for your combination though, i have noticed that the LNB come in a straight line. However in my experience you may have to curve the 3 LNB locations so that they form a wide C shape, kind of mimicking Clarke's belt. You see if the holder is straight some of the signals would not be detected.
Maybe you could try it and confirm or disprove my curvature theory. I should find time and post my own straight holder.

Regards

I noticed the straghtness of the lnbs too and I intend correcting them after I might have found a
solution to the dish flopping to the west side. It could be the reason I'm not getting TBN and SMILE
on Intelsat 906 even though I seem to be able to recieve eatv 5 and ITV in the same position.
Thanks for the observation.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by GeorgeD1(m): 10:12am On Mar 11, 2009
@pito,
How far about that stuff we discussed yesterday? Any info from the guy?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 10:22am On Mar 11, 2009
@ George D - the only reason why ur dish falls is because of the way u arranged those lnb. For instance, i use to get 22'w when my dish is facing 18'w in the other way round i can also get 22'w when my dish is facing 27.5'w. As u can see the arrangement of ur lnb effects ur elevations when u re using multiple lnb's. As for the flat bar been vertical,thats the only way u can gain elevation down to 78'E but the jack clamp has to it hold at the extreme. U can call me for assistance, or i might post an examplary pic. Good luck.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by sathob(m): 10:30am On Mar 11, 2009
Hi!
great works and exhibition of FTA knowledge. It appears I have been in hibernation by posting here in the thread. I have to welcome myself to season 3. the level is getting higher (i.e if u ain't do anything 1.8m motorised installation and above, one's experience and contributions r limited).

@all newbies
there are 2 kinds of husbands in FTA, those who want to satisfy their cravings (just looking for codes to open scrambled channels, not wanting to work towards the success of the marriage, etc) and the true husbands married to FTA with their hearts, doing everything possible to make the relationship work; sacrficing their all to keep this thread alive.

Just prove urself and don't attack anyone or get flared up b'cos of google group.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by mjay(m): 10:38am On Mar 11, 2009
@enitan
I can name some few guys that have been here before but later disappeared (they might be reading and not posting), so it is how stable and contributive you are that will earn you a spot in the google group.

What if i tell you that there has been no day i logg on to the net and do not read the latest in FTA, ive evn called some guys in the forum to asist in installation, please note that not all of us are cut for the same thing, i might be a fan of FTA, but i may really not be contributing for the sake of contribution. I think contribution is when i have a discovery or when i have a need that i cant handle. Good though that you guys have turned it into a second joint, where personal stuffs are discussed, honestly that is not bad, only that it takes up space and sometimes one has to read to the end to find out if there is a meaningful contribution in relation to FTA. Different strokes for different folks i guess. Enjoy.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by sambass(m): 10:49am On Mar 11, 2009
@pitodenz I do not have any problem wit u just dat wat u said dat annoyed me but all the same no probs.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by badaru1(m): 11:13am On Mar 11, 2009
@All thank God that we are back to season 3

I ve been very busy for some time now that why the forum did not hear from me.
@Pito: Try to adjust your setting in the evening or the time you experience drop in the signal. It happen some time,normally the worst period for nilesat is betwenn noon and 5pm.

For jack movement- the normal range in my most installations is between 70 degree east to 45 degree west for 1.8m dish while 2.4m dish is between 70 degree east to 35 degree west. That is if the dish is moving from east to west. Reverse is the case if you move from west to east. It is better you move from east to west. All these depend on the neck construction.

@All

Becarefull If you are buying fuji Lnb. The different between the original and the fake one is the small not that bind the two side of the lnb together. The orinal one or the best one is the one that the not cant be unscrewed that is soldared together. The fake one can be unscrewed.

For those who will not be able to afford echolink,there is a card in the market that can open art,showtime and jsc sport and even orbit at reasonable price and can work with strong. Also another card is on it way to African market that can open all nile ,hortbird,Dstv pass 7/10,hispasat,etc. I will keep you posted on any development concerning all these.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by twinstaiye(m): 11:46am On Mar 11, 2009
mjay:

@enitan
What if i tell you that there has been no day i logg on to the net and do not read the latest in FTA, ive evn called some guys in the forum to asist in installation, please note that not all of us are cut for the same thing, i might be a fan of FTA, but i may really not be contributing for the sake of contribution. I think contribution is when i have a discovery or when i have a need that i cant handle. Good though that you guys have turned it into a second joint, where personal stuffs are discussed, honestly that is not bad, only that it takes up space and sometimes one has to read to the end to find out if there is a meaningful contribution in relation to FTA. Different strokes for different folks i guess. Enjoy.

Hmmmm, I hate to agree with you, but truth is, in a forum like this, you cant spare such a trivial things. My comfort however lies with the fact that, you do read those trivial andthe fact that you are patience enough to differentiate the FTA stuff from the real FTA matters pointed to the fact that you are indeed an FTA enthusiast. One advice though is that try to acknowledge what you gained, that go a long way to know this forum is really worth it to those of us that devote lots of time on it. I hasten to add however that, I for one dont always post regularly,but read nearly everything, but, unlike you, I most of the times help answer some questions, pay tribute to good post and of course help some new members on certain ocassions, both onthe forum and off forum
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by satcoper(m): 12:24pm On Mar 11, 2009
Quote from jujukemist (m)

Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3]
« #122 on: March 07, 2009, 06:28 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The brother from Mali,it is how long you stay after your registration that matters, you hear Abi you be Igbo man

@ jujukemist
I was just trying to understand how to post my profile details, how main e-mails are hidden, how to follow the rules before posting. Regards.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by mide2008(m): 12:28pm On Mar 11, 2009
@twinstaye can you please confirm if d patch you posted in the group still works for mytv cause when i loaded it into the machine it only opens aljazeera sport
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by twinstaiye(m): 12:38pm On Mar 11, 2009
mide2008:

@twinstaye can you please confirm if d patch you posted in the group still works for mytv cause when i loaded it into the machine it only opens aljazeera sport
If it is for 4653x, at least i still watch mytv africa yesterday on the receiver, which means it still works. However, dont think it opens all the mytv channels, it is only the mytv africa channel, and that i guess was because it was encrypted with niagravision3
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 1:10pm On Mar 11, 2009
@ sambass - i hail u oh brother. How is my sweet capital city? I ll come home this easter season. Hope to see you guys biggjoe,onye-ngbu and u. Dont worry about the group,the key ll be handed over to u as soon as u prove its wort. Onweghi ife na eme! @ badaru - i got a call from kaduna about the same card that works in strong and that is 6 month guarantee before update. But the price of the card is the same as echolink + jujucard. Jujukemist plz update the house about the card since u ve tested it.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by pitodenz(m): 1:11pm On Mar 11, 2009
@ sambass - i hail u oh brother. How is my sweet capital city? I ll come home this easter season. Hope to see you guys biggjoe,onye-ngbu and u. Dont worry about the group,the key ll be handed over to u as soon as u prove its wort. Onweghi ife na eme! @ badaru - i got a call from kaduna about the same card that works in strong and that is 6 month guarantee before update. But the price of the card is the same as echolink + jujucard. Jujukemist plz update the house about the card since u ve tested it.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 1:16pm On Mar 11, 2009
@ badaru,
i trust you, i know that your comeback will also be packaged with goodies for we on the forum too, the card you are talking of that opens PAS 7/10, is it the c or ku band it opens? and also for the card that opens nilesat and work with strong decoders, will there also be periodical updates like that of echolink? reply ASAP

@ mjay,
comments reserved, dont really have the strength giving you your worthy reply. just keep off from my post, ok?
may your days on this forum be long
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by fopros: 1:20pm On Mar 11, 2009
Just want to say hello from Lome  for all you have been doing for a real FTA sattelite TV for Africans. Congratulation. I love reading your post and i am so proud of you. I would like Olofofo, Enitan, Twinstay and other gurus to call a meeting for all members at least those who are in Nigeria, Benin, TOGO and Ghana to  know each other and have fun times.  God bless u all.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 1:25pm On Mar 11, 2009
@ pit,
if the price of that card is equivalent to echo+juju, then i prefer to stay with the latter ooooooo, cos i dont think there'll be support for that card compared to echolink decoders, what do you think?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by NashFTA(m): 1:29pm On Mar 11, 2009
Visit the following website _h**p://www.dvbfiles.info_ for files pertaining to Starsat, Strong, Echolink, jsc sports, ART, Showtime, "jujucard", etc.  
Note: This is for educational purposes only.  lipsrsealed Try it at home if you like experiments and outcome of experiments  grin
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 1:32pm On Mar 11, 2009
@ fopros,
BIENVENUE, its really nice to see that our cherished thread has really gone a long way helping our fellow african brothers. I say welcome again.
It's not all about reading the posts here, but no matter how little it is, put all you've learnt in praticals, by then you will know the worth of information you have at hand.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by badaru1(m): 1:36pm On Mar 11, 2009
@ All

Concerning the card,I have gone through a lot of forums to get more info on it,it is only very few forums that talk about the card,most of the file are as old as 2007. The only advice I can give is: If you have not bought echolink or you dont have enough money to buy echo then you can settle for the card.
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by Nobody: 1:46pm On Mar 11, 2009
@ badaru1,
how much exactly does the card cost?
Re: Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] by jossybless(m): 1:58pm On Mar 11, 2009
@ Badaru1
Thanks for the info on the card how much does it cost and how can i get one pls I am interested pls

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (175)

Strong Receivers Thread / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Free to Air codes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.