Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,707 members, 7,809,688 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:11 PM

Dogara's Faction Bycotts Meeting With Buhari As Meeting Ends In Stalemate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dogara's Faction Bycotts Meeting With Buhari As Meeting Ends In Stalemate (28276 Views)

Jonathan’s PDP Peace Meeting Ends In Disarray / Gambia Stalemate: Reps To Debate Asylum For Jammeh In Nigeria / OPEC Meeting Concludes In Stalemate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dogara's Faction Bycotts Meeting With Buhari As Meeting Ends In Stalemate by ochejoseph(m): 1:48am On Jul 02, 2015
In a bid to resolve the crisis that has ravaged the ruling All Progressive congress APC, General Mohammadu Buhari late on Wednesday night met with the warring factions in the House of Representatives at the presidential Villa Abuja.
Although Majority of the Lawmakers loyal to the Speaker Rt Hon Dogara boycotted the meeting the Gbajabiamilla faction were seen in their numbers at the venue of the meeting.

A lawmaker who spoke to TMS on condition of anonymity due to the sensitivity of the issue said the lawmakers could not reach an agreement despite the intervention of General Buhari and Professor Osinbajo due to the insistence of the Gbajabiamilla Faction on producing the House leader, as such the meeting ended on a stalemate.

It will be recalled that the crisis in the party escalated on Tuesday with the press release by the former national chairman of the party Chief Bisi Akande and the reply by the former Chairman of the nPDP Alhaji Kawu Baraje.

SOURCE: http://tsuntsumediaservices..com/2015/07/dogara-faction-bycotts-meeting-with.html

2 Shares

Re: Dogara's Faction Bycotts Meeting With Buhari As Meeting Ends In Stalemate by talktrue1(m): 2:01am On Jul 02, 2015
Buhari supports any body. He should distant himself from this undemocratic drama
I wonder if the members of the NASS are not part of the APC party for APC to say that the party have decided to choose Femi.
I hope they will not also appoint members of different Committees in NASS

It seems I've hit the jackpot, FTC

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dogara's Faction Bycotts Meeting With Buhari As Meeting Ends In Stalemate by Moloso(m): 2:03am On Jul 02, 2015
he do not want to exchange blow with Gbaja

1 Like

Re: Dogara's Faction Bycotts Meeting With Buhari As Meeting Ends In Stalemate by lordTK(m): 2:05am On Jul 02, 2015
Ha! APC is a mistake Nigeria will endure for 4years unless God directly intervenes. #onechance.

87 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Dogara's Faction Bycotts Meeting With Buhari As Meeting Ends In Stalemate by AnyibestDede(m): 2:22am On Jul 02, 2015
I tought pmb said he wont intervene? Jungle don mature, lets wait and see how he ll carry all these shameless people along

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dogara's Faction Bycotts Meeting With Buhari As Meeting Ends In Stalemate by Nobody: 2:46am On Jul 02, 2015
I pledge to Nigeria my country was only a nursery rhyme nothing more.

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dogara's Faction Bycotts Meeting With Buhari As Meeting Ends In Stalemate by cy4cent(f): 2:50am On Jul 02, 2015
I love this news , despite being a Buhari fan !!!

If as the head of the house you allow people insult n beat your wife cos she did something wrong, n you turned a blind eye n deaf ear , it will only be a matter of time before same treatment is melted to you.

Is it now he wants to reconcile them , he wanted them to rubbish Tinubu, now they can even boycott a meeting with him, more will follow , let's wait for season 2 of the movie titled : I belong to nobody , n I belong to everybody ,staring Saraki, Dogora, Buhari, etc.

Moral of the story never expose members of your house to public ridicule .

79 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dogara's Faction Bycotts Meeting With Buhari As Meeting Ends In Stalemate by Polithiefcian(m): 2:53am On Jul 02, 2015
W
Re: Dogara's Faction Bycotts Meeting With Buhari As Meeting Ends In Stalemate by Wildrage: 3:09am On Jul 02, 2015
The man must feel some nostalgia about his days as a maximum ruler, a quickly manufactured decree would have reset the medullas of these bloody civilians who have become inconvenient irritants lol. Seems the esteem and moral authority he commanded before his ascension is quickly ebbing due to his lack of focus and direction. He was promoted as a decisive leader but all We've seen in the last one month is a man incapable of making the simplest decision.

47 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Dogara's Faction Bycotts Meeting With Buhari As Meeting Ends In Stalemate by mistabiola: 3:17am On Jul 02, 2015
Hmmmm oniro oshi #WailingWalers cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Dogara's Faction Bycotts Meeting With Buhari As Meeting Ends In Stalemate by OYAY(m): 3:47am On Jul 02, 2015
We wait and see where this drama will lead to soonest!
Re: Dogara's Faction Bycotts Meeting With Buhari As Meeting Ends In Stalemate by babyhrt(m): 3:49am On Jul 02, 2015
cy4cent:
I love this news , despite being a Buhari fan !!!

If as the head of the house you allow people insult n beat your wife cos she did something wrong, n you turned a blind eye n deaf ear , it will only be a matter of time before same treatment is melted to you.

Is it now he wants to reconcile them , he wanted them to rubbish Tinubu, now they can even boycott a meeting with him, more will follow , let's wait for season 2 of the movie titled : I belong to nobody , n I belong to everybody ,staring Saraki, Dogora, Buhari, etc.

Moral of the story never expose members of your house to public ridicule .
I beg to differ...Tinubu is the one who is rubbishing himself...one man cannot singlehandedly decide who is who for an entire nation.Haba...Oyegun,Ambode and the speaker of the lagos house of assembly,Vice president Osibanjo,den go ahead and decide senate president and speaker of the house of reps....
Tinubu's Overbearing influence dat Tom ikimi spoke abt a year ago is what has finally com to play now.

70 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Dogara's Faction Bycotts Meeting With Buhari As Meeting Ends In Stalemate by cy4cent(f): 4:04am On Jul 02, 2015
babyhrt:

I beg to differ...Tinubu is the one who is rubbishing himself...one man cannot singlehandedly decide who is who for an entire nation.Haba...Oyegun,Ambode and the speaker of the lagos house of assembly,Vice president Osibanjo,den go ahead and decide senate president and speaker of the house of reps....
Tinubu's Overbearing influence dat Tom ikimi spoke abt a year ago is what has finally com to play now.

All men with their opinions, you can differ it's allowed.
Are you comfortable with Saraki in that position now? we talking about anti - corruption , does Saraki n those at the helm of affairs in NASS now represent agents of anti corruption?

Let's not be blinded with sentiments cos we want to be vindictive of a single man.

There is an adage that says if you go blind cos you don't want to see your enemies, then you won't even have eyes to see your friends !!!

41 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Dogara's Faction Bycotts Meeting With Buhari As Meeting Ends In Stalemate by babyhrt(m): 4:18am On Jul 02, 2015
cy4cent:

Are you comfortable with Saraki in that position now? we talking about anti - corruption , does Saraki n those at the helm of affairs in NASS now represent agents of anti corruption?

Let's not be blinded with sentiments cos we want to be vindictive of a single man.

There is an adage that says if you go blind cos you don't want to see your enemies, then you won't even have eyes to see your friends !!!
Thank u very much madam.am nt comfortable with Saraki Being senate president at all bt as u said mayb I hav been blinded by sentiment and if ur assumption is tru, den I must hav taken a clue from u.....why??
There is a saying....that wht is good for the goose is equally perfect for the ganders...now my question is dat.....IF u are comfortable with a LEGENDARY thief like Tinubu being the national leader of APC and the sole determinant of who gets wht in the party. ..why shud I now b bordered abt Saraki antecedence.

109 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Dogara's Faction Bycotts Meeting With Buhari As Meeting Ends In Stalemate by chesterlee(m): 4:28am On Jul 02, 2015
In this new month of July, may your enemies be confused like APC, slow like
Buhari and rejected like Tinubu/Amechi.
While your enemies are gathering against you like Ahmed Lawan & Co...may
God enthrone you like Saraki, decorate you like Dogara and single you out like
Ekweremadu.
Happy New Month.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dogara's Faction Bycotts Meeting With Buhari As Meeting Ends In Stalemate by bababuff(m): 4:29am On Jul 02, 2015
Watching since 1759

1 Like

Re: Dogara's Faction Bycotts Meeting With Buhari As Meeting Ends In Stalemate by cy4cent(f): 4:57am On Jul 02, 2015
babyhrt:
Thank u very much madam.am nt comfortable with Saraki Being senate president at all bt as u said mayb I hav been blinded by sentiment and if ur assumption is tru, den I must hav taken a clue from u.....why??
There is a saying....that wht is good for the goose is equally perfect for the ganders...now my question is dat.....IF u are comfortable with a known thief like Tinubu being the national leader of APC and the sole determinant of who gets wht in the party. ..why shud I now b bordered abt Saraki antecedence.

M not a fan of god-fatherism , but who brought Yaradua as President? who brought GEJ? was a president as military head of state and a civillian? who was BOT chairman? even played many more roles was it not one man? since you are concerned about Tinubu's influence in the party. I haven't heard of independent candidacy in Nigeria , when we get to that level Tinubu will no longer have such influence.

This is why you should be bothered, Saraki that has had a record of defrauding bank, his state , corrupt, desperate ,self centered amongst others, any law to stem corruption will not see the light of the day, it will be business as usual. let's not always do things with sentiments I insist.

Tinubu is not coming to the senate to hit the gavel, so he is not directly but only indirectly involved. n we have seen cases where people have a mind of their own even when sponsored by someone.

m not Yoruba ,so m not talking cos of sentiments here, m saying PMB exposed his house to public ridicule now they are brandishing their teeth at him too.

Didn't want PMB to select anyone either, but could have cautioned Tinubu and saraki, at the initial stage rather than keep mute n allow it deteriorate to this level before coming in now they have grown wings.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dogara's Faction Bycotts Meeting With Buhari As Meeting Ends In Stalemate by frankyychiji(f): 4:58am On Jul 02, 2015
Good! It will remain that way for a very long time to come. cool
Re: Dogara's Faction Bycotts Meeting With Buhari As Meeting Ends In Stalemate by DONMAYOR19(m): 5:03am On Jul 02, 2015
DISUNITY, CONFUSION AND apc LOOK LIKE 5 AND 6. THEY ARE JUST TOO ALIKE. But I'm not surprise, a party that has only a dullard to present as the most trusted and the most qualify person as presidential candidate is surely a dullard party.

16 Likes

Re: Dogara's Faction Bycotts Meeting With Buhari As Meeting Ends In Stalemate by frankyychiji(f): 5:10am On Jul 02, 2015
cy4cent:

M not a fan of god-fatherism , but who brought Yaradua as President? who brought GEJ? was a president as military head of state and a civillian? who was BOT chairman? even played many more roles was it not one man? since you are concerned about Tinubu's influence in the party. I haven't heard of independent candidacy in Nigeria , when we get to that level Tinubu will no longer have such influence.

This is why you should be bothered, Saraki that has had a record of defrauding bank, his state , corrupt, desperate ,self centered amongst others, any law to stem corruption will not see the light of the day, it will be business as usual. let's not always do things with sentiments I insist.

Tinubu is not coming to the senate to hit the gavel, so he is not directly but only directly involved. n we have seen cases where people have a mind of their own even when sponsored by someone.

m not Yoruba ,so m not talking cos of sentiments here, m saying PMB exposed his house to public ridicule now they are brandishing their teeth at him too.

Didn't want PMB to select anyone either, but could have cautioned Tinubu and saraki, at the initial stage rather than keep mute n allow it deteriorate to this level before coming in now they have grown wings.
Buhari must defer to Tinubu whether he likes it or not. Tinubu is his godfather! Without the well oiled propaganda machine of Tinubu, he wouldn't have smelt aso rock cause the man is brain dead! Tinubu helped him achieve his life long dream and so he must bow to Tinubu whether he likes it or yes!

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dogara's Faction Bycotts Meeting With Buhari As Meeting Ends In Stalemate by cy4cent(f): 5:21am On Jul 02, 2015
frankyychiji:
Buhari must defer to Tinubu whether he likes it or not. Tinubu is his godfather! Without the well oiled propaganda machine of Tinubu, he wouldn't have smelt aso rock cause the man is brain dead! Tinubu helped him achieve his life long dream and so he must bow to Tinubu whether he likes it or yes!

Nobody is disputing the fact that Tinubu is PMB's godfather.

This is not the first godfather Nigeria has had, I wonder why people suddenly realised the word ''godfather'' .

Let's start promoting independent candidacy then we won't have godfathers. I really do support independent candidates.

Team #independent candidates#

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dogara's Faction Bycotts Meeting With Buhari As Meeting Ends In Stalemate by Azedplus(m): 5:32am On Jul 02, 2015
babyhrt:

Am not begging to differ with u ; Tinubu is not the one insisting on the choice of the NASS leadership but the party , The party has excos ( nwc,board of trustee ,etc ) and if all these wings will back him ( Tinubu ) then it means He has a point.This is politics and Tinubu is like a prophet He looks beyond today (like him or not ) and He has antecedents on this e.g
1.Tambuwal speakership in the 7th Assembly ; Didn't He prove his worth a speaker loved by all
2.Fashola as Lagos governor ; Tinubu saw something in him and Fashola become a new model for govs in Nigeria
3.Tinubu himself was a last man standing during the PDP Tsunami in southwest and what is the outcome
The issue goes beyond what the onlookers understand

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dogara's Faction Bycotts Meeting With Buhari As Meeting Ends In Stalemate by Azedplus(m): 5:44am On Jul 02, 2015
DONMAYOR19:
DISUNITY, CONFUSION AND apc LOOK LIKE 5 AND 6. THEY ARE JUST TOO ALIKE. But I'm not surprise, a party that has only a dullard to present as the most trusted and the most qualify person as presidential candidate is surely a dullard party.

Oga , Na people like you never believe the dullard will win the election so am not surprise and surely you won't come back here when the party/man would have lay a legacy for the nation inthe next 4 years and hand over to its party to rule again

6 Likes

Re: Dogara's Faction Bycotts Meeting With Buhari As Meeting Ends In Stalemate by DONMAYOR19(m): 5:48am On Jul 02, 2015
Azedplus:

Oga , Na people like you never believe the dullard will win the election so am not surprise and surely you won't come back here when the party/man would have lay a legacy for the nation inthe next 4 years and hand over to its party to rule again
I swear I no get anything from what you type here? YOU DULL O.

11 Likes

Re: Dogara's Faction Bycotts Meeting With Buhari As Meeting Ends In Stalemate by Azedplus(m): 5:57am On Jul 02, 2015
DONMAYOR19:
I swear I no get anything from what you type here? YOU DULL O.
Am sorry .......
I forget say u can't comprehend ...
Am not gonna let u bring me down to ur level ...... so, Am running for my life

6 Likes

Re: Dogara's Faction Bycotts Meeting With Buhari As Meeting Ends In Stalemate by DONMAYOR19(m): 6:02am On Jul 02, 2015
Azedplus:

Am sorry .......
I forget say u can't comprehend ...
Am not gonna let u bring me down to ur level ...... so, Am running for my life
DULLEST.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dogara's Faction Bycotts Meeting With Buhari As Meeting Ends In Stalemate by Nobody: 6:14am On Jul 02, 2015
cy4cent:

Tinubu is not coming to the senate to hit the gavel, so he is not directly but only indirectly involved. n we have seen cases where people have a mind of their own even when sponsored by someone.

Too bad for you Tinubu has been rendered inconsequential!!! Poor you. He will even need to dobale for Saraki if he ever wants to have opportunity of nominating even a common special advisor let alone a minister

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dogara's Faction Bycotts Meeting With Buhari As Meeting Ends In Stalemate by Nobody: 6:18am On Jul 02, 2015
Azedplus:

Am not begging to differ with u ; Tinubu is not the one insisting on the choice of the NASS leadership but the party , The party has excos ( nwc,board of trustee ,etc ) and if all these wings will back him ( Tinubu ) then it means He has a point.This is politics and Tinubu is like a prophet He looks beyond today (like him or not ) and He has antecedents on this e.g
1.Tambuwal speakership in the 7th Assembly ; Didn't He prove his worth a speaker loved by all
2.Fashola as Lagos governor ; Tinubu saw something in him and Fashola become a new model for govs in Nigeria
3.Tinubu himself was a last man standing during the PDP Tsunami in southwest and what is the outcome
The issue goes beyond what the onlookers understand
Since the people of the SW claim to be zombies and are not in a position select good political leaders for themselves, Tinubu can continue doing that for them.However the rest of us are not zombies and can afford to choose our own leaders!!! Tinubu Tanx for your concern but your services are not needed in Abuja

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dogara's Faction Bycotts Meeting With Buhari As Meeting Ends In Stalemate by UncleJudax(m): 6:20am On Jul 02, 2015
cy4cent:

APC fetched ant-infested firewoods, now the lizards are home.

You guys welcomed the good, the bad and the ugly in the bid to wrestle power from the PDP, now you have got to deal with these conflicting personalities.

Mind you, Saraki and Dogara are not alone! They have got backers, right within the APC.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dogara's Faction Bycotts Meeting With Buhari As Meeting Ends In Stalemate by Nobody: 6:20am On Jul 02, 2015
Azedplus:

I hope you read today's news,it is N230 to $1.Only God knows what will happen in the comming months

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PDP's First Executive Committee Meeting After Losing The 2015 Elections (Photos) / Fayose Shares Food Stuff In Okeyinmi, Ado Ekiti Today / Okorocha Wins Senate Tickets As Nwosu Wins Imo APC Governorship Primary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.