Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,973 members, 7,952,907 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:13 AM

What Tribe Will You Consider Most Liberal And Detribalized? Give Your Reasons - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Tribe Will You Consider Most Liberal And Detribalized? Give Your Reasons (4698 Views)

My President Is Been Humble And Liberal, A Rare And True Leaders Last Advise / It Is Better To Support A Liberal Man Thsn Buhari / Yabatech's School Of Liberal Studies Is On Fire (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Tribe Will You Consider Most Liberal And Detribalized? Give Your Reasons by bawomolo(m): 9:59pm On Mar 04, 2009
Re: What Tribe Will You Consider Most Liberal And Detribalized? Give Your Reasons by NINETOFIVE(m): 10:26pm On Mar 04, 2009
Education with exposure has a lot to do with it.
If you don't lose tribalistic tendencies after years of being taught by the educational system's side-curriculum to be liberal, that shows how ethoncentric you are.

Bout the white pple, you have to agree with me that at least in the UK and the US, Racism is not as cool as it used to be before.
Blatant sexism and racism are considered signs of ignorance.
That's why the Prince is receiving so much stick for using the p-word

How can you say Igbo people are not ethoncentric?
I've met so many educated Igbo people that still have beliefs as stupid as 'Hausas stink'

when you don't know and you assume that you know, it becomes a problem, I don't have a reputation of getting into threads like this cause is a complete waist of time, but one thing I detest is standing around and watch people spew drivel as fact and feel good about it. it would only take few statements to enervate what you would have thought to be a well thought out statement, shows some one is not thing thinking. The average tomato seller in Russia is an engineer, but Russia is the most xenophobic, ethnocentric nation on earth. May I also re freshen your memory here, pray tell, is Watson not a racist? You would for ever wallow in delusion if you continue on the  path of believing that knowing that 2+2 is 4 would make you less racist. What that discourage people from racist act in the UK and the US is fear of the consequence, so please smarten up.

1 Like

Re: What Tribe Will You Consider Most Liberal And Detribalized? Give Your Reasons by tpia: 1:43am On Mar 05, 2009
geez- Nigerians and nonsense.

See the likes of Afam4ever and bawomolo wanting someone to say they're detribalized.

Wetin i no go hear for this nairaland. angry angry
Re: What Tribe Will You Consider Most Liberal And Detribalized? Give Your Reasons by Pataki: 2:56am On Mar 05, 2009
tpia:

geez- Nigerians and nonsense.

See the likes of Afam4ever and bawomolo wanting someone to say they're detribalized.

Wetin i no go hear for this nairaland. angry angry
tpia take it easy oh. cheesy

I like your nairaland hoyden character. Just exercise some more patience shogbo? grin

At least I am liberal and detribalized shay? grin
Re: What Tribe Will You Consider Most Liberal And Detribalized? Give Your Reasons by grafikdon: 3:02am On Mar 05, 2009
bawomolo:

This thread is like arguing whether having a stroke is better than having cancer.

ROTFLOL!!! Best line . . . . grin grin

I wonder why we think an entire ethnic group can be "detribalized" but cannot possibly be "Armedrobberized", "Racistized", "Almajirirized", "Ritualkillerrized" and "Fakedrugrized". . . lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: What Tribe Will You Consider Most Liberal And Detribalized? Give Your Reasons by tpia: 3:02am On Mar 05, 2009
Pataki:

tpia take it easy oh. cheesy

I like your nairaland hoyden character. Just exercise some more patience shogbo? grin

At least I am liberal and detribalized shay? grin

abegi oh!

Deepzone is now St Funmi- no miss road come my side!!

I no be husband snatcher, thank you!!!
Re: What Tribe Will You Consider Most Liberal And Detribalized? Give Your Reasons by tpia: 3:04am On Mar 05, 2009
grafikdon:

ROTFLOL!!! Best line . . . . grin grin

I wonder why we think an entire ethnic group can be "detribalized" but cannot possibly be "Armedrobberized", "Racistized", "Almajirirized", "Ritualkillerrized" and "Fakedrugrized". . . lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

the thread is for people's PERSONAL OPINION, which, last time I checked, werent enshrined in any constitution anywhere.

Title says " WHICH TRIBE WILL YOU CONSIDER"
Re: What Tribe Will You Consider Most Liberal And Detribalized? Give Your Reasons by smurf1(f): 3:05am On Mar 05, 2009
Yet another tribalistic thread! undecided lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: What Tribe Will You Consider Most Liberal And Detribalized? Give Your Reasons by bawomolo(m): 3:06am On Mar 05, 2009
~smurf:

Yet another tribalistic thread! undecided lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

It seems to have turned that way. It was fun while it lasted though. anyway whatup smurf.
Re: What Tribe Will You Consider Most Liberal And Detribalized? Give Your Reasons by Pataki: 3:08am On Mar 05, 2009
tpia:

abegi oh!

Deepzone is now St Funmi- no miss road come my side!!

I no be husband snatcher, thank you!!!
Pataki is married oh. grin Shit Funmi does not even come anywhere close sef. cheesy tongue

So don't get it twisted oh! Anyways, was just making a shout out. I hope you are still not entrenched in our previous altercations in times past.

Thank you!!
Re: What Tribe Will You Consider Most Liberal And Detribalized? Give Your Reasons by tpia: 3:11am On Mar 05, 2009
Pataki:

Pataki is married oh. grin Shit Funmi does not even come anywhere close sef. cheesy tongue

So don't get it twisted oh! Anyways, was just making a shout out. I hope you are still not entrenched in our previous altercations in times past.

Thank you!!

no problem oh!!!

I just dont want to be involved in any love altercations!!! I no want someone to come after my behind like an avenging nairalander descending on Ini Edo!!!

Broken heart na dangerous thing!!!
Re: What Tribe Will You Consider Most Liberal And Detribalized? Give Your Reasons by Pataki: 3:17am On Mar 05, 2009
tpia:

no problem oh!!!

I just dont want to be involved in any love altercations!!! I no want someone to come after my behind like an avenging nairalander descending on Ini Edo!!!

Broken heart na dangerous thing!!!
You got your behind covered no worries. Avenging nairalander on Ini Edo? Seen that thread. Some Nigerians and their bad mouth.

Anyways, goodnight.
Re: What Tribe Will You Consider Most Liberal And Detribalized? Give Your Reasons by okunoba(m): 6:19am On Mar 05, 2009
Lagos is a good example of acceptance and tolerance. Many ethnic groups living together in peace and Harmony, that is the joy of Lagos. A living prove to the ways and thinking of the Yoruba`s. The king of the Yoruba race, oba Sijuwade the Ooni of Ife`s first son is married to a non Yoruba Nigerian. It`s not what u say but what u do. An Ibo man by the name of Nmadi Azikwe won an election in the old western region. Obasanjo a Yoruba president, never accepted by his people and constantly criticized by a Yoruba dominated press. Action speaks louder than words.
Re: What Tribe Will You Consider Most Liberal And Detribalized? Give Your Reasons by jamace(m): 7:24am On Mar 05, 2009
I will look at a detribalized tribe from the point of view of a tribe that most accomodates other tribes , defends the oneness of Nigeria most and nationalistic in the performance of personal or official assignments. Here, I will give it to the MIDDLE BELT STATES like Benue, Plateau, Kaduna (Southern part), Kogi, Nassarawa, Taraba and Adamawa and Kwara, with particular reference to tribes like the Idomas, Igalas, Tiv, Katafs, Langtangs, Beroms, Angas, jukuns e.t.c. We can also add some minority tribes in states like Cross River, Akwa Ibom, Edo, Rivers and Delta.

The 3 major tribes in Nigeria are highly politicised and tribalised because of their quest to dominate other major tribes. The Hausa/Fulani have religious intolerance towards non-muslims which make them the worst tribe in Nigeria. sad

The middlle belt states are like our clothing belt that hold our trousers to the waist firmly. Without the middle belt, Nigeria will have since become balkanised. Thanks to the middle belt states for the corporate existence of Nigeria. cool
Re: What Tribe Will You Consider Most Liberal And Detribalized? Give Your Reasons by Afam4eva(m): 9:20am On Mar 05, 2009
jamace:

I will look at a detribalized tribe from the point of view of a tribe that  most accomodates other tribes , defends the oneness of Nigeria most and nationalistic  in the performance of personal or official assignments. Here, I will give it to the MIDDLE BELT STATES  like Benue, Plateau, Kaduna (Southern part), Kogi, Nassarawa, Taraba and Adamawa and Kwara,  with particular reference to tribes like the Idomas, Igalas, Tiv, Katafs, Langtangs, Beroms, Angas, jukuns e.t.c. We can also add some minority tribes  in states like Cross River, Akwa Ibom, Edo, Rivers and Delta.

The 3 major tribes in Nigeria are highly politicised and tribalised because of their quest  to dominate other major tribes. The Hausa/Fulani have religious intolerance towards non-muslims which make them the worst tribe in Nigeria. sad

The middlle belt states are like our clothing belt  that hold our trousers to the waist firmly. Without the middle belt, Nigeria will have since become balkanised. Thanks to the middle belt states for the corporate existence of Nigeria. cool

Your post make a whole lot of sense, u named tribes and stated reasons why you think they are liberal and detribalised. I'll have to agree with you on this one.
Re: What Tribe Will You Consider Most Liberal And Detribalized? Give Your Reasons by Afam4eva(m): 9:22am On Mar 05, 2009
okunoba:

Lagos is a good example of acceptance and tolerance. Many ethnic groups living together in peace and Harmony, that is the joy of Lagos. A living prove to the ways and thinking of the Yoruba`s. The king of the Yoruba race, oba Sijuwade the Ooni of Ife`s first son is married to a non Yoruba Nigerian. It`s not what u say but what u do. An Ibo man by the name of Nmadi Azikwe won an election in the old western region. Obasanjo a Yoruba president, never accepted by his people and constantly criticized by a Yoruba dominated press. Action speaks louder than words.

Jeez, Was Azikiwe ever a premier in the old western region?
Re: What Tribe Will You Consider Most Liberal And Detribalized? Give Your Reasons by deb(m): 12:57pm On Mar 05, 2009
Important Fact:

An Igbo woman call Ohime or so, can't remember her full name, contested for Lagos State Governorship in the last elections.
Though she did win the election but the act of allowing a not full blown Yoruba to contest election in a Yoruba land alone is proof that Westerners are more liberal and detribalized than any other tribe in Nigeria.
I don't know where else this has happened in Nigeria? correct me if I am wrong.
Please state your facts everytime you make a point thats what the thread says
Re: What Tribe Will You Consider Most Liberal And Detribalized? Give Your Reasons by Afam4eva(m): 1:03pm On Mar 05, 2009
deb:

Important Fact:

An Igbo woman call Ohime or so, can't remember her full name, contested for Lagos State Governorship in the last elections.
Though she did win the election but the act of allowing a not full blown Yoruba to contest election in a Yoruba land alone is proof that Westerners are more liberal and detribalized than any other tribe in Nigeria.
I don't know where else this has happened in Nigeria? correct me if I am wrong.
Please state your facts everytime you make a point thats what the thread says

She contested because the constitution allowed it, not because she was allowed by yorubas.

1 Like

Re: What Tribe Will You Consider Most Liberal And Detribalized? Give Your Reasons by deb(m): 2:39pm On Mar 05, 2009
She contested because the constitution allowed it, not because she was allowed by yorubas.

Good!
Where else in Nigeria that the constitution allowed for such has it happened?
You want to consider the environment if its enabling or not before you even attempt to contest.
Re: What Tribe Will You Consider Most Liberal And Detribalized? Give Your Reasons by stoikjoy: 3:03pm On Mar 05, 2009
Honestly, some yorubas-not all oh- are very self centred. they only think of them selves
Re: What Tribe Will You Consider Most Liberal And Detribalized? Give Your Reasons by Afam4eva(m): 3:06pm On Mar 05, 2009
deb:

Good!
Where else in Nigeria that the constitution allowed for such has it happened?
You want to consider the environment if its enabling or not before you even attempt to contest.

A yoruba man was made minister in Enugu.

mind you it's lagos(cosmopolitan)

1 Like

Re: What Tribe Will You Consider Most Liberal And Detribalized? Give Your Reasons by deb(m): 3:17pm On Mar 05, 2009
I should want to agree with you but there are two sides to a coin.
Ministerial appointment is not by election its by selection.

If I'm governor of Lagos state, I could appoint a credible non yoruba friend as a minister.

Meanwhile, what is the name of that minister I like to know really
Re: What Tribe Will You Consider Most Liberal And Detribalized? Give Your Reasons by Afam4eva(m): 12:06pm On Dec 06, 2011
deb:

I should want to agree with you but there are two sides to a coin.
Ministerial appointment is not by election its by selection.

If Enugu people were not liberal would they have allowed it?
Re: What Tribe Will You Consider Most Liberal And Detribalized? Give Your Reasons by tpia5: 12:17pm On Dec 06, 2011
Yoruba are the most liberal.

As for detribalized- in nigeria, that's a matter of degree since no tribe is completely detribalized per se. So, i'd think yorubas generally have a greater degree of detribalization in their interactions with others.

All this isnt necessarily a good thing because sometimes it means you are considered s.tupid.
Re: What Tribe Will You Consider Most Liberal And Detribalized? Give Your Reasons by Afam4eva(m): 12:19pm On Dec 06, 2011
tpia@:

Yoruba are the most liberal.

I don't want to get into any unnecesary argument but pls in the name of God tell us how Yorubas are more liberal that Igbos for example. Please use the same variables when comparing the two.
Re: What Tribe Will You Consider Most Liberal And Detribalized? Give Your Reasons by tpia5: 10:27pm On Dec 06, 2011
^^like i asked on another thread- show me a website owned by an igbo man or woman, where igbos get bashed regularly, and in very definite terms.

the owner of nl claims he is yoruba. Should i pull up the barrage of anti-yoruba threads here.

etc etc.

let's not even go into the dating stuff.

there is quite literally, nobody who a yoruba man will not date.

check any anti-yoruba women thread: yoruba men will be leading the pack of naysayers.

thirdly- the number of yorubas who fought for biafra nko?

surprised you're asking this type of question.
Re: What Tribe Will You Consider Most Liberal And Detribalized? Give Your Reasons by Afam4eva(m): 10:33pm On Dec 06, 2011
I thought you were smarter than this. See weak and fooolish argument. You can do better than that.
Re: What Tribe Will You Consider Most Liberal And Detribalized? Give Your Reasons by tpia5: 10:36pm On Dec 06, 2011
^^you asked a question and i gave you an answer.

if your intention is to start insulting as is your wont, then keep it moving because unfortunately i will not oblige you today though i will another time.
Re: What Tribe Will You Consider Most Liberal And Detribalized? Give Your Reasons by Nobody: 10:49pm On Dec 06, 2011
tpia@:

^^like i asked on another thread- show me a website owned by an igbo man or woman, where igbos get bashed regularly, and in very definite terms.

the owner of nl claims he is yoruba. Should i pull up the barrage of anti-yoruba threads here.

etc etc.

let's not even go into the dating stuff.

there is quite literally, nobody who a yoruba man will not date.

check any anti-yoruba women thread: yoruba men will be leading the pack of naysayers.

thirdly- the number of yorubas who fought for biafra nko?

surprised you're asking this type of question.

Have you ever handled a business before? You think Seun put up NL to promote Yoruba culture?

He's here to make money out the creating a medium where people enjoy social interactions, in case you didn't realize.
Re: What Tribe Will You Consider Most Liberal And Detribalized? Give Your Reasons by LilTyRoNe: 9:57pm On Mar 29, 2017
deb:
State your reasons and please don't attack anyone.
You are all entitled to your own opinion.

For me, I think Yorubas are more liberal and detribalized because of their sense
of judgement even in time of conflict with somebody who is not of their ethnic group.

And please before you comment make sure you have lived in all the 36 states in the country and keeping a close watch before you say your holier than thou Anthem shiit
I'll give it to the igbo to answer because they travel a lot, an average igbo man can travel and lived in at least 29 states throughout his life and not some fella that have'nt left his/her Region before coming to claim they are the best.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Prof Soludo Sent Thugs To Disrupt My Sister's Burial -dora Akunyili / Beaf: Where The Delta Igbo On Satellite Pictures.or how to collect delta bursary / Big Brother Africa And The Eye Logo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.