Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,379 members, 7,846,610 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 07:15 PM

JUST IN: Benue Govt Begins Payment Of Salary Arrears - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / JUST IN: Benue Govt Begins Payment Of Salary Arrears (1103 Views)

Threat To Release Snakes To Bite Construction Workers Pauses Work - Benue Govt. / Ekiti Govt Begins Work At Airport Site / Aregbesola Begins Payment Of Osun Workers’ Salaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

JUST IN: Benue Govt Begins Payment Of Salary Arrears by starboi63(m): 3:44pm On Jul 02, 2015
There was jubilation in all nooks and crannies of Benue State yesterday as the state government commenced payment of salary arrears of civil servants.

The former Governor Gabriel Suswam administration had owed salaries of workers for several months. The former administration said it lacked adequate finances to offset the backlog of salaries due to the dwindling federal allocation.

However, Governor Samuel Ortom had on assumption of office about a month ago, told the state workers that his administration would ensure that the salary arrears were cleared. He also sought a loan of N10billion in that regard.

Following the commencement of payment, the state workers had started receiving alerts from various banks, for their monthly salary payment since Tuesday and the exercise continued till yesterday.

Yesterday, the civil servants thronged to various markets in Makurdi and other major towns to purchase some items, just as many went to mechanic sites to repair their vehicles while others converged at varied unwinding spots discussing the development.

It was further learnt that some tertiary institutions in the state that were shut down including the Benue State University Makurdi are warming up to reopen. The striking lecturers have also received the alerts for payment of the owed salaries.

A civil servant who simply gave his name as Gwar, said, “because of the payment of the owed salary, I came with my wife and children to purchase items that we can use at home and they will also take to school.”

SOURCE: http://www.apexnewsblog.com/2015/07/just-in-benue-govt-begins-payment-of.html
Re: JUST IN: Benue Govt Begins Payment Of Salary Arrears by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jul 02, 2015
An apc governor wif d hart of PDP, wike(and d rest pdp governors) has set d pace, apc governors re following.

Dedicating dis space to ma princess SarahBabyxx

1 Like 1 Share

Re: JUST IN: Benue Govt Begins Payment Of Salary Arrears by dunkem21(m): 3:46pm On Jul 02, 2015
It is only in Nigeria that payment of salaries are celebrated ..Imagine, people went to market to buy food stuffs, some to mechanic workshop and some wey alcohol don dry finish for their body, hit the bar grin

The day wey Osun workers go collect salary, na CNN go carry the news grin

1 Like

Re: JUST IN: Benue Govt Begins Payment Of Salary Arrears by agarawu23(m): 3:47pm On Jul 02, 2015
thank God!!! smiley
Re: JUST IN: Benue Govt Begins Payment Of Salary Arrears by Buchi11(f): 3:47pm On Jul 02, 2015
Good Job!
Re: JUST IN: Benue Govt Begins Payment Of Salary Arrears by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jul 02, 2015
dunkem21:
grin
U sure say na from ya mind u open dis ya teeth?
Re: JUST IN: Benue Govt Begins Payment Of Salary Arrears by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jul 02, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
An apc governor wif d hart of PDP, wike(and d rest pdp governors) has set d pace, apc governors re following.

Dedicating dis space to ma princess SarahBabyxx

Chai oga mii.....no bust my brain na grin
Re: JUST IN: Benue Govt Begins Payment Of Salary Arrears by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:57pm On Jul 02, 2015
God bless the Governor.
Re: JUST IN: Benue Govt Begins Payment Of Salary Arrears by dunkem21(m): 3:59pm On Jul 02, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
U sure say na from ya mind u open dis ya teeth?

No allow me bite you for collecting that spot ..
I dey vex, walahi. angry
Re: JUST IN: Benue Govt Begins Payment Of Salary Arrears by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 3:59pm On Jul 02, 2015
Thank God.

That criminal call Suswan, need to be send to Kirikiri maximum prison.
Couldn't imagine the suffering of civil servants especially teachers who are owned almost a year salary.
And the poor students, most of whom are from poor family.
Re: JUST IN: Benue Govt Begins Payment Of Salary Arrears by trailblaiza(m): 3:59pm On Jul 02, 2015
grin
Re: JUST IN: Benue Govt Begins Payment Of Salary Arrears by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jul 02, 2015
SarahBabyxx:

Chai oga mii.....no bust my brain na grin
If I don't burst ur brain, who will? Or u waiting for Buhari to burst it wif his fake "change", Never!

1 Like

Re: JUST IN: Benue Govt Begins Payment Of Salary Arrears by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jul 02, 2015
dunkem21:

No allow me bite you for collecting that spot ..
I dey vex, walahi. angry
Sorry
Re: JUST IN: Benue Govt Begins Payment Of Salary Arrears by Beremx(f): 4:02pm On Jul 02, 2015
Nice one from Ortom.

All other governors who are owing should pay up immediately. Every worker deserves his wage.

(1) (Reply)

Chad Intercepts Nigeria-bound Boko Haram Weapons / Beautiful Photos Of The Sallah Durbar That Held In Bauchi Yesterday / God Is Behind The Emergence Of Buhari As President Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.