Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,013 members, 7,838,548 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:53 AM

APC Crisis: Oyegun Wants Aggrieved Parties To Reach Compromise - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Crisis: Oyegun Wants Aggrieved Parties To Reach Compromise (567 Views)

APC Crisis : Oyegun Reaches Out To Party Members / Apc Crisis: Oyegun Gets 14 Days Ultimatum / Senate Crisis: Oyegun's Fate Shaky As APC Caucus Meets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Crisis: Oyegun Wants Aggrieved Parties To Reach Compromise by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jul 02, 2015
The National Chairman of the All Progressives
Congress ( APC ) , Chief John Odigie - Oyegun , has
called on all aggrieved groups in the National
Assembly debacle to embrace compromise .
Odigie -Oyegun spoke to newsmen at the
party’ s National Secretariat in Abuja on
Thursday on efforts made by the party to
reconcile aggrieved parties .
He further urged the parties to sheathe their
swords in the interest of the party in particular
and Nigeria in general .
“For me, I think that there is no other way to
resolve the conflict other than for all of us to
accept compromise .
“It is only when we lose face that we can move
forward , ” he said .
NAN recalls that there had been divisions in
the party as it rejected the leaders chosen by
lawmakers.
The party members , who believed in the
supremacy of APC in the choice of the
leadership of the National Assembly , rejected
the leaders chosen by lawmakers who thought
otherwise.
Therefore , all has not been well in the party
since the swearing-in of Sen . Bukola Saraki and
Rep . Yakubu Dogara, as the Senate President
and Speaker , respectively.
Saraki and Dogara had on June 9, defied APC ’ s
directives by contesting their current positions
as the party favoured Sen . Ahmed Lawan as
Senate President and Rep . Femi Gbajabiamila
as Speaker , respectively.
Also, letters sent to both chambers by the
party as regards its choice for other principal
officers were rebuffed as all the party ’s
candidates were not chosen
Re: APC Crisis: Oyegun Wants Aggrieved Parties To Reach Compromise by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jul 02, 2015
Re: APC Crisis: Oyegun Wants Aggrieved Parties To Reach Compromise by ifeanyija(m): 3:55pm On Jul 02, 2015
I agree with him
Re: APC Crisis: Oyegun Wants Aggrieved Parties To Reach Compromise by trailblaiza(m): 3:56pm On Jul 02, 2015
grin
Re: APC Crisis: Oyegun Wants Aggrieved Parties To Reach Compromise by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jul 02, 2015
Kk
Re: APC Crisis: Oyegun Wants Aggrieved Parties To Reach Compromise by Mogidi: 3:58pm On Jul 02, 2015
Am not surprised they're seeking compromise now, the other option would have been to impeach the Daura President.

1 Like

Re: APC Crisis: Oyegun Wants Aggrieved Parties To Reach Compromise by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jul 02, 2015
I only pity all those nigerians(apc thugs cum change chanters) dat ve bin "fulled" by dis politicians, dey don't care abt "change".
D earlier u realize dat, d better for u.
Re: APC Crisis: Oyegun Wants Aggrieved Parties To Reach Compromise by DuchessLily(f): 4:08pm On Jul 02, 2015
Naija and Greedy, wicked and self centered politicians
Re: APC Crisis: Oyegun Wants Aggrieved Parties To Reach Compromise by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jul 02, 2015
DuchessLily:
Naija and Greedy, wicked and self centered politicians
Baby I feel and I share ur pain
#crying
Re: APC Crisis: Oyegun Wants Aggrieved Parties To Reach Compromise by DuchessLily(f): 4:25pm On Jul 02, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:

Baby I feel and I share ur pain
#crying

Seriously its so annoying and sad

Poor naija , i just hope this CHANGE wont lead her from Frying pan to fire

#crying too. *brings bucket to fetch our tears, make e for no waste*

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Sai Buhari / 100 Beggars, Hawkers Arrested In Kaduna / Our Yobe Peeps ,what's The Status Of Buni Yadi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.