Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,036 members, 7,810,842 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:46 PM

Apc Crisis: Oyegun Gets 14 Days Ultimatum - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Apc Crisis: Oyegun Gets 14 Days Ultimatum (25771 Views)

APC CRISIS: Tinubu Gains Upper Hand, NWC to be Dissolved Next Week / APC Crisis : Oyegun Reaches Out To Party Members / FG Gets 14-day Ultimatum To Lift Ban On Rice Importation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apc Crisis: Oyegun Gets 14 Days Ultimatum by Ekakamba: 11:17pm On Oct 01, 2016
The brewing crisis in the ranks of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) appears to be escalating as the Deputy National Publicity Secretary of the party, Comrade Timi Frank has issued a 14-day ultimatum to the National Chairman, Chief John Odigie-Oyegun to resolve the crisis or face a revolt.

Frank, who asked to be addressed as the acting national publicity Secretary of the party said in an interview with Sunday Tribune that he, as a member of the National Working Committee (NWC) of the APC was issuing the ultimatum on behalf of the “silent majority” of NWC members.

He also called on President Muhammadu Buhari to break his silence and intervene in the brewing crisis.

According to Frank, Oyegun must come out within 14 days to address the allegations made against him by the former Governor of Lagos state, Bola Ahmed Tinubu and also ensure the issues delaying the inauguration of the Board of Trustees are resolved.

“I challenge Chief Oyegun to come forward and respond to the allegations made against him by Tinubu. He should not waste time. I know what Oyegun is looking for is protection from Mr. President which is not necessary. These are personal accusations.

“I give him 14 days ultimatum to respond to Tinubu. Failure to do that, I will mobilise party members to demand answers to the questions. Again if he doesn’t call NEC meeting in 14 days, I will mobilise members of the party to hold one. I know that what is needed is only two thirds of members and we will get that, ” Frank said.

According to him, the last time the party held a NEC meeting was six months ago, adding that the constitution provides that the NEC meet at least quarterly.

He said further: “Oyegun should call an emergency meeting of the National Executive Committee now. The last time we held a meeting was six months ago. We should be holding meetings quarterly but we should not even wait for stipulated time.

“The chairman is also responsible for the non inauguration of BoT. Why has he not called a meeting to resolve the issue of BoT. But he wants to be there and run the affairs solely. The BoT is an important organ of the party. Call it whatever name you want, we must inaugurate it because if the organ is operating I would have taken my case there.”

He also questioned the decision of the party under Oyegun to deny those holding deputy positions the chance of acting when the person holding the substantive position is not available.

The National Chairman, Chief John Oyegun, however, refused to join issues with Frank, declaring that he would not join issues with a member of his party.

However, in an interview with Sunday Tribune, a chieftain of the Pan-Yoruba socio-political organisation, Afenifere, Chief Ayo Adebanjo, decried the crisis in the APC and insisted that the crisis erupted as part of a ploy to reduce Tinubu’s influence and rubbish the Yoruba.

Chief Adebanjo, who spoke to Sunday Tribune, said that the APC may not survive the crisis as a united entity.

“On the issue of APC, what Buhari and co have done to Tinubu… it is not Tinubu they are fighting.

I want you to understand that I don’t support that.

“It is the Yoruba they are fighting and we warned Tinubu and he can now see.”

According to him, the plan is to reduce Tinubu’s influence in Yoruba land and also relegate the Yoruba nation.

“Listen, they want to decimate his power in Yoruba land. ecause he is the one people are now saying he is leading the Yoruba, by the time they subjugate him, we are the only region the North has not been able to penetrate, Then they would be able to control the country. We can see it and we warned Tinubu…

“We should be on our guard, all I am saying is that the Yoruba should be united. We are not going to leave Tinubu to be disgraced, I can tell Buhari that.

“It is not Tinubu that he his fighting, it is the Yoruba. I am not one of those who take solace in the way he is being disgraced, he might deserve it but I am on my guard. The Yoruba must be on guard. It is policy of divide rule that Buhari is adopting.”

http://tribuneonlineng.com/apc-crisis-oyegun-gets-14-days-ultimatum/

7 Likes

Re: Apc Crisis: Oyegun Gets 14 Days Ultimatum by ificatchmodeh: 11:21pm On Oct 01, 2016
Okay
Re: Apc Crisis: Oyegun Gets 14 Days Ultimatum by Tolexander: 11:49pm On Oct 01, 2016
Lol!
Party with no structure but only objective was to highjack power!

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Apc Crisis: Oyegun Gets 14 Days Ultimatum by id911(m): 11:56pm On Oct 01, 2016
I don't like Tinubu because of the way SW insults and direspects those of us from the Niger Delta and our brothers from the SE but truth be told, those people in APC esp from SW, who can't win their poling unit but planning against the Jagaban are ingrates.

Without Tinubu the serial looser and eternal failure called Buhari would not be in Aso Rock today. Mark my word, if Tinubu still support Buhari and he gets second term, they wld eliminate him and install their stooge to control SW politics. History is there for you...

78 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Apc Crisis: Oyegun Gets 14 Days Ultimatum by DIKEnaWAR: 12:52am On Oct 02, 2016
id911:
I don't like Tinubu because of the way SW insults and direspects those of us from the Niger Delta and our brothers from the SE but truth be told, those people in APC esp from SW, who can't win their poling unit but planning against the Jagaban are ingrates.

Without Tinubu the serial looser and eternal failure called Buhari would not be in Aso Rock today. Mark my word, if Tinubu still support Buhari and he gets second term, they wld eliminate him and install their stooge to control SW politics. History is there for you...

They don't learn from history bro...

Awolowo was used by the north to put down the only people that could challenge the north. Awo thought they would reward him handsomely; they dealt with him.

MKO Abiola was used by the north to deal Awo his last political blow that sent him on his journey to after life. MKO was promised heaven and earth by the north; they stripped him, smelt his rump and killed him.

Tinubu was used by the north to put down an emerging power block that was already changing the political equation that has been in favour of the north. They promised him to be figure heads, while he will be 'National Leader'. They are dealing with him now.

Enter Fashola the new poster boy of the north. They will use him to deal with Tinubu and promise him power and influence. When he begins to grow, they will deal with him too...

Ndi ofe will never learn.

142 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Apc Crisis: Oyegun Gets 14 Days Ultimatum by homosapien(m): 5:58am On Oct 02, 2016
DIKEnaWAR:

Awolowo was used by the north to put down the only people that could challenge the north. Awo thought they would reward him handsomely; they dealt with him.

MKO Abiola was used by the north to deal Awo his last political blow that sent him on his journey to after life. MKO was promised heaven and earth by the north; they stripped him, smelt his rump and killed him.

Tinubu was used by the north to put down an emerging power block that was already changing the political equation that has been in favour of the north. They promised him to be figure heads, while he will be 'National Leader'. They are dealing with him now.

Enter Fashola the new poster boy of the north. They will use him to deal with Tinubu and promise him power and influence. When he begins to grow, they will deal with him too...

Same way your people never learn

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Apc Crisis: Oyegun Gets 14 Days Ultimatum by Smart78(m): 6:16am On Oct 02, 2016
DIKEnaWAR:

true talk,nothing to add.

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Apc Crisis: Oyegun Gets 14 Days Ultimatum by Boleyndynasty2(f): 6:48am On Oct 02, 2016
I'll say it again, I don't like the way these small small guys are treating Tinubu, the one and only Jagaban of our time. For their mind they've all grown wings and can now fly abi? Forgetting that without Tinubu they're nothing.

7 Likes

Re: Apc Crisis: Oyegun Gets 14 Days Ultimatum by malele(m): 6:50am On Oct 02, 2016
I still don't understand how a whole tribe will make one idiot, there leader

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Apc Crisis: Oyegun Gets 14 Days Ultimatum by joeprince23(m): 8:33am On Oct 02, 2016
tinubu should be carefull not to incure the rot of PMB,cause he might end up in jail as a political prisoner

13 Likes

Re: Apc Crisis: Oyegun Gets 14 Days Ultimatum by kurajordan(m): 8:39am On Oct 02, 2016
Yes o
Re: Apc Crisis: Oyegun Gets 14 Days Ultimatum by lielbree: 8:40am On Oct 02, 2016
Timi my man
Re: Apc Crisis: Oyegun Gets 14 Days Ultimatum by lielbree: 8:41am On Oct 02, 2016
joeprince23:
tinubu should be carefull not to incure the rot of PMB,cause he might end up in jail as a political prisoner
That will break up Nigeria. Pmb won't try it

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Apc Crisis: Oyegun Gets 14 Days Ultimatum by jeff1993: 8:41am On Oct 02, 2016
g
Re: Apc Crisis: Oyegun Gets 14 Days Ultimatum by Dukejaja: 8:41am On Oct 02, 2016
Someone should help me define that type of Democracy we are practicing please?

7 Likes

Re: Apc Crisis: Oyegun Gets 14 Days Ultimatum by Temptee101(m): 8:46am On Oct 02, 2016
This is the will of God.
APC is on self destruction

1 Like

Re: Apc Crisis: Oyegun Gets 14 Days Ultimatum by olaskul(m): 8:47am On Oct 02, 2016
Your father...

malele:
I still don't understand how a whole tribe will make one idiot, there leader

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Apc Crisis: Oyegun Gets 14 Days Ultimatum by yekparikpa(m): 8:49am On Oct 02, 2016
Oyegun has got the presidential backing on this one! Let's watch how it unfolds!
Re: Apc Crisis: Oyegun Gets 14 Days Ultimatum by Nobody: 8:50am On Oct 02, 2016
I'm enjoying the show. This could be the last straw that will break the camel's back. Time for retribution; they gang up and plunged us in hardship, time to reminiscent!

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apc Crisis: Oyegun Gets 14 Days Ultimatum by vRendoh(m): 8:51am On Oct 02, 2016
lielbree:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I laf...still lafing

12 Likes

Re: Apc Crisis: Oyegun Gets 14 Days Ultimatum by Omeokachie: 8:51am On Oct 02, 2016
Tinubu should nurse his self-inflicted wound.

Political watchers and observers did warn him but his greed for position at the federal pushed him into commiting this political hara-kiri.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Apc Crisis: Oyegun Gets 14 Days Ultimatum by Nobody: 8:52am On Oct 02, 2016
APC's fvck up would be televised. Just wait for next year, the implosion would be premiered in full HD.
A gang of strange bedfellows can never gel

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apc Crisis: Oyegun Gets 14 Days Ultimatum by Nobody: 8:53am On Oct 02, 2016
I am proud of the man tinubu has become. I am glad APC is having crisis. Lots of dirty truth will be revealed soon, who knows it may mark the end of Nigeria

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apc Crisis: Oyegun Gets 14 Days Ultimatum by Mujaheeeden: 8:53am On Oct 02, 2016
Tinubu and Oyegun should enjoy their change

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apc Crisis: Oyegun Gets 14 Days Ultimatum by Lewandoski20(m): 8:58am On Oct 02, 2016
DIKEnaWAR:

I intend to favorite this thread... It's prophetic!

13 Likes

Re: Apc Crisis: Oyegun Gets 14 Days Ultimatum by Edum13656: 9:02am On Oct 02, 2016
What goes around comes around; APC leaders secrectly set PDP house on fire with firewood now APC house is on fire with brimestones.

14 Likes

Re: Apc Crisis: Oyegun Gets 14 Days Ultimatum by JaypeeAnics(m): 9:02am On Oct 02, 2016
The northerners hv used d afonjas to get wat they wanted....now tinubu and co are useless...jst as dey did to obi ezekwesilly......lol...karma is a Bitch.....northerners ti take over Apc.....

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apc Crisis: Oyegun Gets 14 Days Ultimatum by Nobody: 9:04am On Oct 02, 2016
People should stop crying wolf where there is none. This is politics, we don't expect Tinubu to remain relevant forever; do we? Nobody reign forever in politics. His time is up! He can't fight back. The same people that threw the first blow will throw the last if he dare attempt to fight! The wise thing is to act along_probably a saboteur's role while building a better defense mechanism.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apc Crisis: Oyegun Gets 14 Days Ultimatum by WOCKHARDI(m): 9:05am On Oct 02, 2016
lielbree:

Who will break up Naijeria ? Make I hear word jare.
"The crowded market has not noticed the people standing and you're talking about the people sitting".

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apc Crisis: Oyegun Gets 14 Days Ultimatum by JaypeeAnics(m): 9:05am On Oct 02, 2016
our politicians are all d same.....criminals.....even atiku wants to run for presidency come 2019......dat old fool....he will surely lose.....GEJ is d right man.if not him, den no one else can.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Charms Seen At APC Secretariat In Delta (Photos) / House Of Representatives Orders CBN To Suspend Cashless Policy / Jonathan’s Confab Anti-north, Says ACF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.