Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,330 members, 7,850,180 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 03:51 PM

Military Checkpoints Return In Abia - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Military Checkpoints Return In Abia (14851 Views)

Dasuki: Buhari Never Ordered Dismantling Of Military Checkpoints / Buhari Didn’t Order Dismantling Of Military Checkpoints –NSA / Lalong Calls For Return Of Checkpoints In Plateau State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Military Checkpoints Return In Abia by remmyjunior: 11:14pm On Jul 02, 2015
Re: Military Checkpoints Return In Abia by carnegiefan: 11:14pm On Jul 02, 2015
But how do they pick these governors sef?
Are there no kidnappers in other parts of Nigeria: why are their governors not asking for army checkpoints?
In pursuit of a few kidnappers that a simply reformed police can easily stop, this governor is opening his state for a danger that can affect millions of lives.
Nna ike gwuru ndi igbo o.
Tufiakwa.
Re: Military Checkpoints Return In Abia by asha80(m): 12:04am On Jul 03, 2015
carnegiefan:

Look, the way I look at it is this: The governor should ALWAYS remember that Abia state (Aba in particular) just had a crowd of about 1-3 million marching in its streets, asking for Biafra. His decisions should always be guided by such real fact-of-life information.
It is a form of criminal negligence for him to simply invite the army to the streets of Abia.

Here's what you (and people who support this in SE) should think about: Why did Buhari (a life time soldier) suddenly withdraw army checkpoints in Nigeria? My sincere guess is that he was pressured by some of the civilized countries that supported his election. He did it RELUCTANTLY. Other parts of Nigeria are happy for that action, and NONE is asking that he returns the army checkpoints in their states.
My guess is also that Buhari asked Okezie Ikpeazu to acquiesce or support this action, and Okezie fearing his mandate as governor decided to be selfish and mortgage the lives of Abians to a future shoot at sight. It is not new. It has happened before in Anambra state.
Thank God that some of us are not sleeping.
I seriously doubt you are a frequent user of Enugu ph expressway especially btw aba to ph..your guess is over the bar on this issue..i dont care what is happening in other places but if do not know what was happening in aba and environs before army came in then I suggest you do a thorough finding...and no I think ikpeazu was the one that made the request and not your postulations..
Re: Military Checkpoints Return In Abia by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 12:05am On Jul 03, 2015
sotall:
Haba...

but the president of west Germany a.k.a Mr dullapo has ordered that all check point be removed....

Pls don't let him send his foot soldiers aka boko haram to Abia oooo

Abia state gave you the first Military head of state in Nigeria, we are not Borno state. We are too arrogant for Boko boys.
Re: Military Checkpoints Return In Abia by Nobody: 2:20am On Jul 03, 2015
sparkleRed:

Lol u dey read back of d fone ni lol
LOL... Wink* U are beautiful. wink
Re: Military Checkpoints Return In Abia by sparkleRed(f): 6:52am On Jul 03, 2015
sameer1212:
LOL... Wink* U are beautiful. wink

Lol thanks
Re: Military Checkpoints Return In Abia by PrinceVictorE(m): 7:36am On Jul 03, 2015
Good move
Re: Military Checkpoints Return In Abia by 400billionman: 8:16am On Jul 03, 2015
free2ryhme:

It is supprising that people are praising the governor. What is the work of police? GEJ just introduced the military check points to cover up his security lapses. How many criminals have the military arrested at their check points ? They were just there to aid hawkers, extort, inconvinence and endanger peoples lives as we saw in their Karu, Abuja check point . Unknown to them operating check points that always result in chaotic hold up of cars and all manners of trucks can be utilized by evil people to cause mayhem . God forbid. Whose life are they then protecting? Their coduct depicts how not to keep security .

If you are a frequent road user/driver, you will prefer crossing 5 army checkpoints to 2 police checkpoints.

In a police check point, you are not sure of crossing safely with your life intact. I don't blame you guys when you display your lack of experience.
Re: Military Checkpoints Return In Abia by 400billionman: 8:19am On Jul 03, 2015
HRich:
The President remove the checkpoints in orther to share boko haram boys to easterners.

Lmao..
Re: Military Checkpoints Return In Abia by 400billionman: 8:29am On Jul 03, 2015
carnegiefan:
Okezie, Okezie, Okezie! How many times did I call you
Be careful of what you wish for.

Checkpoints should be police duty: Police should do their work. The military belongs in the barracks.
You will be held accountable for innocent lives that will be lost to drunken soldiers.
Some of these so called governors in SE needs to be flogged every morning.

I am yet to meet the military who drink and mount roadblocks, but I have met not less than 5 drunk policemen and I almost lost my life to drunk policemen on three occasions.

When you guys talk, state your experiences.

Not all matters should be politicized. Police cannot provide total security everywhere, especially villages. There are some lonely village roads you will drive in Abia state and for 20 minutes, its bush on your right and left and you won't meet policemen, even when you do, they will capitalize on the fact that the road is not busy and extort all the money in your pocket before you are asked to go.

Guy, if I can ban Nigerian police totally, it will be better. The professional ones are just 1 out of 1000. While the army will just check ur vehicle for anything incriminating and ask you to go. If they seek gratification, it comes with greeting and Abeg. Which you do willingly not forcefully.

Police will ask you to clear from the road, divert into an abandoned filling station or bush corner and fleece you of every kobo. God will punish all the criminals in police.
Re: Military Checkpoints Return In Abia by davidspace(m): 1:09pm On Jul 03, 2015
[b][/b]buhari is not educated so nigeria will face what the have done crybuhari is not educated so nigeria will face what the have done

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari, Michelle Obama To Receive Awards At Miss Inspire Beauty Pagent / CBN Disburses N30 Billion To Oil Palm Producers / How Politics Trumped Policy In Buhari’s Ministerial Selection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.