Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,385 members, 7,850,381 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 08:06 PM

Military Checkpoints Return In Abia - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Military Checkpoints Return In Abia (14853 Views)

Dasuki: Buhari Never Ordered Dismantling Of Military Checkpoints / Buhari Didn’t Order Dismantling Of Military Checkpoints –NSA / Lalong Calls For Return Of Checkpoints In Plateau State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Military Checkpoints Return In Abia by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jul 02, 2015
Lasgidy1:
Otondo president. I'm beginning to regret voting Babaonechance after all.
you did not vote for him,stop lying.

You were at home browsing and chatting on Nairaland expecting pdp to rig as usual

1 Like

Re: Military Checkpoints Return In Abia by neocortex: 7:28pm On Jul 02, 2015
It is commendable that Ekpeazu reversed the knee-jerk decision taken by Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Military Checkpoints Return In Abia by HRich(m): 7:31pm On Jul 02, 2015
Yem0350:

www.punchng.com/news/military-checkpoints-return-in-abia/
The President remove the checkpoints in orther to share boko haram boys to easterners.

1 Like

Re: Military Checkpoints Return In Abia by Lasgidy1(m): 7:36pm On Jul 02, 2015
uncle005:
you did not vote for him,stop lying.

You were at home browsing and chatting on Nairaland expecting pdp to rig as usual
I did cast my vote for him. Against the ethics of my workplace, throughout the electioneering stages, I actively and publicly campaigned for him, I also took part in the donation in my little way, needless to say I casted my vote for him but with the way things are going, he might not be the messiah Nigerians had earlier envisaged and yearned for. I'll advise we should start looking for another coz obviously Buhari has no spelt out ambitions and mapped out programme to steer the present leadership for the next four years.

1 Like

Re: Military Checkpoints Return In Abia by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jul 02, 2015
From what I have observed so far I seems buhari is a bit weak.
May be is because of democracy (I don't know).

1 Like

Re: Military Checkpoints Return In Abia by kelvyn7: 7:42pm On Jul 02, 2015
OP I been think say u go put pics of check point wey u snap undecided

Army for take u do frog jump tire grin

dat ur waist for nor be ur own again grin
Re: Military Checkpoints Return In Abia by omoelesa(m): 7:48pm On Jul 02, 2015
South Beastern Need To Be Tame
Re: Military Checkpoints Return In Abia by walozanga(m): 7:51pm On Jul 02, 2015
aguiyi:
so the Daura President didn't deem it necessary to consult the governors of the 36 states in country before making such a pronouncement. he has indirectly been over ruled on this matter from different quarters again and again, proving it that he has dementia

NO MIND AM HE THINKS ALL STATES ARE THE SAME
Re: Military Checkpoints Return In Abia by ipreach: 7:51pm On Jul 02, 2015
ikeazu is working

Aba must be better ,....

1 Like

Re: Military Checkpoints Return In Abia by hamilton62(m): 7:54pm On Jul 02, 2015
Samneer:
Ok o
waoooo i love your signature
Re: Military Checkpoints Return In Abia by godoluwa(m): 7:55pm On Jul 02, 2015
Lasgidy1:
so u sef buy APC propaganda? next time, luk well b4 u `jump'

1 Like

Re: Military Checkpoints Return In Abia by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jul 02, 2015
... noted

Do you live in Akwa Ibom State? Do you relish the desire to own your own business with little start up capital and promising returns in investment? Do you hope to look into the mirror each morning and know you are talking to the boss? Are you enterprising?/Would you love to be? Do you have an aptitude for thinking out of the box? Then call or add me up on whatsapp 08085188110. You will be glad you did
Re: Military Checkpoints Return In Abia by carnegiefan: 7:56pm On Jul 02, 2015
Okezie, Okezie, Okezie! How many times did I call you
Be careful of what you wish for.

Checkpoints should be police duty: Police should do their work. The military belongs in the barracks.
You will be held accountable for innocent lives that will be lost to drunken soldiers.
Some of these so called governors in SE needs to be flogged every morning.
Re: Military Checkpoints Return In Abia by hamilton62(m): 7:56pm On Jul 02, 2015
Samneer:
Ok o
Re: Military Checkpoints Return In Abia by Themandator: 7:58pm On Jul 02, 2015
The decision to remove the military from internal security matters never made sense..... Not with a poorly equipped and trained police designated as replacement.
Re: Military Checkpoints Return In Abia by Samneer: 8:01pm On Jul 02, 2015
hamilton62:

Thanks, for I'm indeed crucified with Him
Re: Military Checkpoints Return In Abia by asha80(m): 8:06pm On Jul 02, 2015
You think the present day police can withstand the daredevil kidnappers that often operate in the east?have you experienced kidnappers live before?who do you think ended the scourge of kidnapping in aba and some parts of umuahia a few yrs ago?police?

carnegiefan:
Checkpoints should be police duty: Police should do their work. The military belongs in the barracks.
You will be held accountable for innocent lives that will be lost to drunken soldiers.
Re: Military Checkpoints Return In Abia by fa4dmike(m): 8:10pm On Jul 02, 2015
okiza u dy try but abeg come pay my 5months salary abi e never do? no b you say na 24th u go pay,,, oga ooo... kilode paa paaa
Re: Military Checkpoints Return In Abia by tsdarkside(m): 8:32pm On Jul 02, 2015
now,,that is good leadership...he calculate the enviroment,sees dangers,and deceided,,,not like jonathan,that clueless one.... angry angry angry
Re: Military Checkpoints Return In Abia by discusant: 8:37pm On Jul 02, 2015
carnegiefan:

Most foolish comment ever on NL.
Re: Military Checkpoints Return In Abia by Walexsammy(m): 8:43pm On Jul 02, 2015
aguiyi:
so the Daura President didn't deem it necessary to consult the governors of the 36 states in country before making such a pronouncement. he has indirectly been over ruled on this matter from different quarters again and again, proving it that he has dementia
must u reallyopen ur mouth wide everytime?
Re: Military Checkpoints Return In Abia by Vicben(m): 8:50pm On Jul 02, 2015
MemphisDepay:
Hit like if you believe its a welcome developement even tho I no read d stuff
I only came to read short comments like this that would make me laugh
Re: Military Checkpoints Return In Abia by Toktee(m): 8:54pm On Jul 02, 2015
aguiyi:
Ape!
Re: Military Checkpoints Return In Abia by Toktee(m): 8:56pm On Jul 02, 2015
wailing wailers,i don't call anybody name o.
Re: Military Checkpoints Return In Abia by folakemi20: 9:00pm On Jul 02, 2015
You are mad!
Lasgidy1:
Re: Military Checkpoints Return In Abia by sparkleRed(f): 9:05pm On Jul 02, 2015
sameer1212:
It seems u lack reading comprehension. Didn't u see where the governor said he consulted the President first Go school u no gree, Now see how u are embarrassing yourself in public?

Lol u dey read back of d fone ni lol
Re: Military Checkpoints Return In Abia by carnegiefan: 9:07pm On Jul 02, 2015
asha80:
You think the present day police can withstand the daredevil kidnappers that often operate in the east?have you experienced kidnappers live before?who do you think ended the scourge of kidnapping in aba and some parts of umuahia a few yrs ago?police?

If police cannot do the job it should be disbanded or at least reformed.
Honestly I can't understand how some of you people reason.
So because the police cannot currently handle kidnappers, you bring in the army in SE
Tomorrow when they start killing you en mass you will start to lament again.
Little wonder why Igbo lives are very cheap in Nigeria.
Why should anybody value your lives when you are openly offering it free of charge.
Ndi ara.
Re: Military Checkpoints Return In Abia by mayorchelsea(m): 9:08pm On Jul 02, 2015
Oh!sorry please, I missed my way.I didn't know I was on an Igbo thread
Re: Military Checkpoints Return In Abia by asha80(m): 9:15pm On Jul 02, 2015
carnegiefan:

If police cannot do the job it should be disbanded or at least reformed.
Honestly I can't understand how some of you people reason.
So because the police cannot currently handle kidnappers, you bring in the army in SE
Tomorrow when they start killing you en mass you will start to lament again.
Little wonder why Igbo lives are very cheap in Nigeria.
Why should anybody value your lives when you are openly offering it free of charge.
Ndi ara.
where you in aba and environs when kidnappers ruled supreme?if you were you will not be typing this way..if you do not know police were actually involved in those kidnappings..enough of the hysteria because without those army guys kidnapping would still have been prevalent there..ok the police is almost incapable of fighting those kidnappers...what should have been done oitside of giving the normal vehicles and equipment to police?..by the way you said disband the police or reform them...do you live in Nigeria?
Re: Military Checkpoints Return In Abia by amaben2020(m): 9:49pm On Jul 02, 2015
Pics or Adonbilivit

Re: Military Checkpoints Return In Abia by dazzysleek(f): 10:08pm On Jul 02, 2015
aguiyi:
don't mind d old man..he is clearing d road 4 his boko brothers bombing and maiming 2 thrive.
Re: Military Checkpoints Return In Abia by carnegiefan: 11:09pm On Jul 02, 2015
asha80:
where you in aba and environs when kidnappers ruled supreme?if you were you will not be typing this way..if you do not know police were actually involved in those kidnappings..enough of the hysteria because without those army guys kidnapping would still have been prevalent there..ok the police is almost incapable of fighting those kidnappers...what should have been done oitside of giving the normal vehicles and equipment to police?..by the way you said disband the police or reform them...do you live in Nigeria?

Look, the way I look at it is this: The governor should ALWAYS remember that Abia state (Aba in particular) just had a crowd of about 1-3 million marching in its streets, asking for Biafra. His decisions should always be guided by such real fact-of-life information.
It is a form of criminal negligence for him to simply invite the army to the streets of Abia.

Here's what you (and people who support this in SE) should think about: Why did Buhari (a life time soldier) suddenly withdraw army checkpoints in Nigeria? My sincere guess is that he was pressured by some of the civilized countries that supported his election. He did it RELUCTANTLY. Other parts of Nigeria are happy for that action, and NONE is asking that he returns the army checkpoints in their states.
My guess is also that Buhari asked Okezie Ikpeazu to acquiesce or support this action, and Okezie fearing his mandate as governor decided to be selfish and mortgage the lives of Abians to a future shoot at sight. It is not new. It has happened before in Anambra state.
Thank God that some of us are not sleeping.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria's Minister Of Environment Amina Mohammed Has No Degree! / Daura People Pray For Buhari's Recovery & Good Health(pics) / 'I Am Not Corrupt' - Atiku Abubakar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.