Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

President Buhari's Key Appointments Thus Far Hasn't Been Fair - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari's Key Appointments Thus Far Hasn't Been Fair (761 Views)

Senators Grill Ali Ndume, Ask Him If He Has Been Fair To Dino Melaye & Saraki / Take A Look At Breakdown Of Buhari Key Appointments So Far From 6 Zones / PMB’s Delay In Naming Key Appointments Is Irritating, Frustrating, Unacceptable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Buhari's Key Appointments Thus Far Hasn't Been Fair by Tomjazzy2: 11:42pm On Jul 02, 2015
Obieze Emmanuel Wrote:

"In a multi-ethnic State like Nigeria, a man assumes leadership as the President and the first ten(10) appointments made, nine(9) of them are from a particular section of the country and you don't see anything wrong with it..."

Let me quickly, but clearly point out here that I have always had my reservations when ever issues of ethnicity/regionalism comes up for public discourse, particularly as it concerns key appointments into public offices. These concerns are mainly anchored on our peculiar socio-ethnic make up, and the politicization of same for chauvinistic and personal goals.

However, with recent events in the polity, one can not but begin to view critically, the various appointments made thus far by mr President into some vital positions. For the avoidance of doubts, let me painstakenly highlight some of these appointments:

1. INEC Ag. Chairman- Zakari Amina(North)

2. Head of Department of Petroleum Resources- Mordecai Ladan (North)

3. Accountant General of the Fedration- Ahmed Idris (North)

4. CSO- Abdulrahman Mani (North)

5. State Chief of Protocol- Lawal Kazaure (North)

6. ADC- Lt Col Mohammed Abubakar (North)

7. SSA Media & Publicity- Garba Shehu (North)

8. SA media and Publicity- Femi Adeshina (South)

9. COS- Col Hamid Ali (North)

10. SSS DG- lawal Daura (North)

Obviously, the President has the perogative of power to solely make appointments into the above highlighted positions. But with equal obviousness, the President in considering the peculiarity of the Nation, ought to be guided by wisdom, even as he seeks to appoint the best hands to help make good on his campaign promises to Nigerians.

Let me reiterate here that I am not in any way an ethnic bigot, but I strongly believe that ignoring the afore will amount to me playing the ostrich.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari's Key Appointments Thus Far Hasn't Been Fair by Starships4u(m): 11:48pm On Jul 02, 2015
Why When e'ry vote he got was from them...
Re: President Buhari's Key Appointments Thus Far Hasn't Been Fair by missdebs(f): 11:53pm On Jul 02, 2015
i trust my president's sense of judgement, haters can enta lagoon
Re: President Buhari's Key Appointments Thus Far Hasn't Been Fair by Tomjazzy2: 11:56pm On Jul 02, 2015
missdebs:
i trust my president's sense of judgement, haters can enta lagoon

Hey Miss, I don't look like a card carrying member of any Political party do I undecided

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari's Key Appointments Thus Far Hasn't Been Fair by Jorussia(m): 11:59pm On Jul 02, 2015
.pmb has not appointed cos you guys should stop this nonsense.Op can you show us the list of those Gej appointed to the positions you listed above and the states/region they came from.
Re: President Buhari's Key Appointments Thus Far Hasn't Been Fair by ahaz: 12:04am On Jul 03, 2015
Tomjazzy2:
Obieze Emmanuel Wrote:

"In a multi-ethnic State like Nigeria, a man assumes leadership as the President and the first ten(10) appointments made, nine(9) of them are from a particular section of the country and you don't see anything wrong with it..."

Let me quickly, but clearly point out here that I have always had my reservations when ever issues of ethnicity/regionalism comes up for public discourse, particularly as it concerns key appointments into public offices. These concerns are mainly anchored on our peculiar socio-ethnic make up, and the politicization of same for chauvinistic and personal goals.

However, with recent events in the polity, one can not but begin to view critically, the various appointments made thus far by mr President into some vital positions. For the avoidance of doubts, let me painstakenly highlight some of these appointments:

1. INEC Ag. Chairman- Zakari Amina(North)

2. Head of Department of Petroleum Resources- Mordecai Ladan (North)

3. Accountant General of the Fedration- Ahmed Idris (North)

4. CSO- Abdulrahman Mani (North)

5. State Chief of Protocol- Lawal Kazaure (North)

6. ADC- Lt Col Mohammed Abubakar (North)

7. SSA Media & Publicity- Garba Shehu (North)

8. SA media and Publicity- Femi Adeshina (South)

9. COS- Col Hamid Ali (North)

10. SSS DG- lawal Daura (North)

Obviously, the President has the perogative of power to solely make appointments into the above highlighted positions. But with equal obviousness, the President in considering the peculiarity of the Nation, ought to be guided by wisdom, even as he seeks to appoint the best hands to help make good on his campaign promises to Nigerians.

Let me reiterate here that I am not in any way an ethnic bigot, but I strongly believe that ignoring the afore will amount to me playing the ostrich.
op you re right. Things like this make me question the so called one nija. Gudluck was called an Ijaw president by the north nd apc due to some appointments he made nd today pmb is doing worst nd nobody is talking. Gen. Ihejerika was accused of igbonizing the army due to his appointment but former I. G did worst. The issue is we Nigerians re consciously giving the north a pat in the back for whatever wrong dy do only to cry later when we face the reality of our stupidity. Today it's gudluck tomorrow it can be bayo or Emeka

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari's Key Appointments Thus Far Hasn't Been Fair by bewla(m): 1:13am On Jul 03, 2015
o ma se o
Re: President Buhari's Key Appointments Thus Far Hasn't Been Fair by OrigamiIII: 1:55am On Jul 03, 2015
You people said he should not listen to tinubu nor appoint anyone recommended by him. Now this is what you get when you push a fulani to say he belongs to nobody but everybody. Tinubu has folded his hands while we wait and see how the president will keep appointing only northerners into all known and unknown positions till there are no more northerners left to be appointed. If we are not careful, he might even start appointing his cows ahead of any southerner. Buhari knows no one as such in the south.He relies on recommendations from southern APC leaders like Tinubu, Rochas, Oshiobaba, Amaechi and Onu but you guys have virtually ran down these leading personalities of ours. No need to cry.
Re: President Buhari's Key Appointments Thus Far Hasn't Been Fair by Tomjazzy2: 7:14am On Jul 03, 2015
ahaz:
op you re right. Things like this make me question the so called one nija. Gudluck was called an Ijaw president by the north nd apc due to some appointments he made nd today pmb is doing worst nd nobody is talking. Gen. Ihejerika was accused of igbonizing the army due to his appointment but former I. G did worst. The issue is we Nigerians re consciously giving the north a pat in the back for whatever wrong dy do only to cry later when we face the reality of our stupidity. Today it's gudluck tomorrow it can be bayo or Emeka
nice observations my friend
Re: President Buhari's Key Appointments Thus Far Hasn't Been Fair by Tomjazzy2: 7:17am On Jul 03, 2015
Jorussia:
.pmb has not appointed cos you guys should stop this nonsense.Op can you show us the list of those Gej appointed to the positions you listed above and the states/region they came from.
Those information can be easily retrieved from google

(1) (Reply)

Thisday: Wike’s Warped War In Rivers / PHOTOS: NGO Donates Relief Materials To Maiduguri IDP Camp Occupants / Paternity Fraud In Nigeria: Are You Your Baby’s Daddy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.