Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,770 members, 7,955,929 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:55 PM

Flood Takes Over Major Roads In Uyo Despite Multimillion Dollar Drainage (pics) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Flood Takes Over Major Roads In Uyo Despite Multimillion Dollar Drainage (pics) (29189 Views)

Flood Takes Over Major Parts In Ago Palace Way Okota / Lagos Officials Clear Blocked Drainage To Control Flooding In Lekki (pics) / Man Swims On Lekki Road As Flood Takes Over Lagos Island (Watch Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flood Takes Over Major Roads In Uyo Despite Multimillion Dollar Drainage (pics) by Ucheosefoh(m): 10:41am On Jul 03, 2015
ideologies:
where are you from??

When You see igbos living in uyo you will know the difference, they are healthy just by inhaling fresh air not the slums you live in
I live in Anambra not slums my people may be in Uyo for business not like yours here and other place doing househelp business despite the natural riches in your state like I said you people have been scam Uyo is not the only city experiencing heavy rain falls
Re: Flood Takes Over Major Roads In Uyo Despite Multimillion Dollar Drainage (pics) by Ucheosefoh(m): 10:43am On Jul 03, 2015
ekefre4:
I was abt 2 reply then I saw ur name.
You are free to air your opinion and why did my name stop you from replying me
Re: Flood Takes Over Major Roads In Uyo Despite Multimillion Dollar Drainage (pics) by temmytanny(m): 10:55am On Jul 03, 2015
Despite this, Akwa Ibom has the best drainage system in nigeria. I hve been their before and i know what am saying. Flooding is every where even in US where i stay, the road to my house has been blocked 5 times between may and June this year. Each blockade is average one week. Am never an Akpabio follower so dont think am supporting him. This flood is everywhere and if you doubt my statement,google it.

1 Like

Re: Flood Takes Over Major Roads In Uyo Despite Multimillion Dollar Drainage (pics) by Nobody: 10:57am On Jul 03, 2015
Ahmed4002:
too many quack engineer's or money mongers
people like you should be. Ashamed of ursef you CNT construct a correct statement in your entire profession as a conductor n u wnt to CME to public and argue, u re a disgrace to ur ama-mata (DTS if u even attended one)
Re: Flood Takes Over Major Roads In Uyo Despite Multimillion Dollar Drainage (pics) by lordus01(m): 11:02am On Jul 03, 2015
People keep bringing useless threads,dat's d only road in uyo that is always flooded.The reason is not far fetch,dat particular road is not connected to underground drainage.
Re: Flood Takes Over Major Roads In Uyo Despite Multimillion Dollar Drainage (pics) by iykmon: 11:14am On Jul 03, 2015
Akpabio tried in solving some flooding problems in Uyo. One was the Uruan street -Oron road. This area mentioned wasn't covered in the million dollar project.
Udom should do the remaining. Hope he will. God bless Akwa ibom state. From uncommon stealing.
Re: Flood Takes Over Major Roads In Uyo Despite Multimillion Dollar Drainage (pics) by Akan(m): 11:32am On Jul 03, 2015
We deserve this. We keep on praising mediocrity then why won't we get mediocre projects.
Re: Flood Takes Over Major Roads In Uyo Despite Multimillion Dollar Drainage (pics) by mildflame: 11:45am On Jul 03, 2015
Every Nigerians shud get down on ther knees n thank GOD 4saving us from d OGOGORO President n his Evil party..l
Akpabio is a CRIMINAl, 2DAY 2MORROW n 4EVER KIRIKIRI MAXIMUM PRISON is his portion AMEN

1a AA_A?
Re: Flood Takes Over Major Roads In Uyo Despite Multimillion Dollar Drainage (pics) by nationalistt: 11:50am On Jul 03, 2015
ITbomb:
IBB dual carriageway and part of the State Secretariat complex have been submerged for days after just two days of rain. This is in spite of billions of naira spent on the so-called underground drainage system.

Pix of Uncommon Transformation River i

Ishilove
UNCOMMON TRANSFORMATION!!!The truth is, the floods in these areas have been there throughout the 8years of governor Akpabio regime, but unfortunately he couldn't change the situation even after his much noise of "first in Africa multimillion dollars under-ground pipe-jacking drainage system". Scam!! The quietness and calmness in that state despite all the frauds by govt officials can't take place in any civilised environment wit sound and independent elites. A state that received d highest revenue from d federation in 8yrs, totalling several trillions of naira, yet all we can see are uncompleted projects n some road projects. The govt schools & health facilities are in a very poor state. So much hunger in d land. An oil reach state without a single industry. The surprise is an average akwa ibom youth would tell you "the man has tried" very blind judgement. ThankGod d clueless, visionless, noisy, brutal, lying, money-drunk is gone. Akpabioism, digital governor my yansh. Mtcheew! Let's hope governor Udom will bring d change. God help akwa ibom state.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Flood Takes Over Major Roads In Uyo Despite Multimillion Dollar Drainage (pics) by ekefre4(m): 12:06pm On Jul 03, 2015
Ucheosefoh:
You are free to air your opinion and why did my name stop you from replying me
Its obvious I hv no idea wat u talking abt. ur name? im guessing u r frm east so der is no need arguing with u as ir state is no berra
Re: Flood Takes Over Major Roads In Uyo Despite Multimillion Dollar Drainage (pics) by nationalistt: 12:08pm On Jul 03, 2015
iykmon:
Akpabio tried in solving some flooding problems in Uyo. One was the Uruan street -Oron road. This area mentioned wasn't covered in the million dollar project.
Udom should do the remaining. Hope he will. God bless Akwa ibom state. From uncommon stealing.
Fact remains that Akpabio is a confirmed criminal, anytime any day. Looking at the cash inflow records of his regime as governor for 8years, you'll have no other than to call for his probe. Quantifying all his 'uncompleted' projects of 8yrs in real terms, you'll see that not up to 20percent of the states funds was used for the state. The stadium, airport, hospital, tropicana.., are all uncompleted. Even the e-library has never had e-library functionality. He could not establish nor bring even one industry into his state.The only oil state that has no genuine youth empowerment programme. Akpabio and Jonathan are the same -visionless. The difference is that Akpabio is more noisy n stubborn.

1 Like

Re: Flood Takes Over Major Roads In Uyo Despite Multimillion Dollar Drainage (pics) by aresa: 12:32pm On Jul 03, 2015
Residents and shop owners in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State, on Wednesday lamented loss of property and goods worth millions of naira to flooding.

They accused the state government of insensitivity and of poor handling of drainage channels in the state capital.

The flood, which swept through IBB Way, Ukpong Ebet, Akpa Ebet, Akpan Ukpo, Udo, Urua Ikpa streets, among others, affected many shops and houses.

At Ukpong Ebet Street, Off IBB Way, shop owners were seen savaging bags of beans, processed cassava (gari) from the water.

One of the traders, Mr. Eyo Okon, said he and his younger brother were trying to salvage some of their goods from the flood.

He said, “I don’t have money to rent another shop. This is the only business I am doing to take care of myself and my family.

“As the rainy season has started, I cannot tell how we are going to survive. When it rains, we are always at the mercy of the flood.”

A resident, Mr. Stanley Udo, told PUNCH METRO that all the drainage channels constructed around Abak Road Housing Estate empty rain water into the area. He added that neither the government nor the construction companies thought it wise to construct gutters that could take the flood away from the area.

He said, “We have lost property worth millions to flood. Every year we continue to suffer since we do not have somebody to construct drainage channels in our areas. The government has done nothing to control the flood here.

“One thing that baffles me is that our area is opposite Akwa Ibom State Secretariat. Once the area is flooded, the major road, IBB Way, is also flooded.

“If the government had cared and was serious to do something about flooding in this area, it would have constructed drainage channels around IBB Way which would have taken the water away.

“Businesses only thrive here during the dry season. In the rainy season, many of the people who own shops here leave; they cannot expect customers to wade through the water to buy goods from them.

http://www.punchng.com/metro-plus/aibom-residents-lament-loss-of-property-to-flooding/

It's the same situation every year...
Re: Flood Takes Over Major Roads In Uyo Despite Multimillion Dollar Drainage (pics) by darelar(m): 12:32pm On Jul 03, 2015
Seeing this flood now, am beginning to be scared of what could happen in bayelsa, delta, river's, and all the states that will be affected. I could remember what happened that last, it's bad experience where flood cut off kaiama, patani road. Motorists have to use elele road back to onisha then back to edo. Flood drove out many people's from their home in yenagoa the last time it happen and everything was so expensive that it became unbearable. I drove through the flood that took over from mbiama to Ahoda, I drove for several before I could see the main road, the depth of some parts of the road is above the knee and I was the only small car that drove through for that period. It took many motor's a whole day to drive from the beginning to the end. God we want you to minimise this year flood as it's coming.
Re: Flood Takes Over Major Roads In Uyo Despite Multimillion Dollar Drainage (pics) by mildflame: 12:44pm On Jul 03, 2015
D whole of d SE states monthly allocation does Not add Up 2Aibom monthly, d annual budgets of Benin,Togo n liberia aint even near d state yearly budget n d say dis LIMITLESS CRIMINAL As perform, what is d population? what's d size of Abom ,

Mabasi', Whalai talai, dis man no go escape KIRIKIRI AMEN(100X)

1 Like

Re: Flood Takes Over Major Roads In Uyo Despite Multimillion Dollar Drainage (pics) by mayorchelsea(m): 12:50pm On Jul 03, 2015
This is what we are talking about. Foolishness all over the land,if someone exposes a bad thing to call government's attention to it,how dies that mean that he's a SW person or an APC member?Who remembers how the media exposed the rot in the police college to the world? After that exposure, was there no renovation work at that college?People of the east do not want to hear any bad thing about their leaders as LNG as he's no member of APC ,LET IGBOS GO!!Enough
Re: Flood Takes Over Major Roads In Uyo Despite Multimillion Dollar Drainage (pics) by free2ryhme: 12:57pm On Jul 03, 2015
ITbomb:

We asked the governor (in a group though) and I'm sure you must have heard the funny reply he gave then, he named the mini river after himself, "Inyang Akpabio"

Well your people elected him so that is what you get
Re: Flood Takes Over Major Roads In Uyo Despite Multimillion Dollar Drainage (pics) by mildflame: 1:37pm On Jul 03, 2015
free2ryhme:

Well your people elected him so that is what you get

Abeg stop dis kin TALK d 2011 PDP led federAl government SELECTED d SCUMBag A
Re: Flood Takes Over Major Roads In Uyo Despite Multimillion Dollar Drainage (pics) by sunsewa: 2:05pm On Jul 03, 2015
LeOstrich:
Can you imagine what the situation will be like if that drainage was not present?

Stick to your useless SW and stop searching for faults in another man's backyard.

If this was that slum village Lagos you will come out to blame it on blocked drainage ad population pressure even though there hasn't been any major improvement on Lagos drainage since Marwa administration.

Why are you APC people so darn jealous and envious?

Don't mind them,even this type of situations is happening in newly built roads in Lagos,I ve witness the flood in the following roads after re constructions Okota-Apple junction-Mile 2 rd,immediately after reconstruction, ojuelegba-lawanson-itire rd,costain-bodethomas/Abraham Adesanya rd,Jibowu-Idi oro-mushin-oshodi rd,etc,not to talk of our high brow areas Victory lsland and lekki menacing flood.
Re: Flood Takes Over Major Roads In Uyo Despite Multimillion Dollar Drainage (pics) by Ucheosefoh(m): 2:30pm On Jul 03, 2015
ekefre4:
Its obvious I hv no idea wat u talking abt. ur name? im guessing u r frm east so der is no need arguing with u as ir state is no berra
You got no point bro I am from Anambra state apart from oil and federal allocation other indices of development your state is not better off. Mult billion dollar drainage streets leaking water on the street bro Uyo people got scammed go hold your former governor accountable.
Re: Flood Takes Over Major Roads In Uyo Despite Multimillion Dollar Drainage (pics) by Splendidee(m): 4:55pm On Jul 03, 2015
ITbomb:
IBB dual carriageway and part of the State Secretariat complex have been submerged for days after just two days of rain. This is in spite of billions of naira spent on the so-called underground drainage system.

Pix of Uncommon Transformation River i

Ishilove
am starting a canoe bussines there today today

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

''Free Zakzaky'' Protest By Students & Corpers In Abuja (Photos) / Lauretta Onochie: "CNN Lied To The World About Nigeria" / Sokoto Residents Take Peter Obi Campaign Rally To The Streets (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.