Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,035 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:11 AM

Flooding In Portharcourt. Amaechi's Uncelebrated Legacies - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Flooding In Portharcourt. Amaechi's Uncelebrated Legacies (1043 Views)

Lagos Officials Clear Blocked Drainage To Control Flooding In Lekki (pics) / PHOTOS:- More Flooding In Lekki And Ajah Metropolis / Jonathan Lists His Legacies In New Jersey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Flooding In Portharcourt. Amaechi's Uncelebrated Legacies by maimalari: 8:21am On Jul 03, 2015
despite daily heavy rainfall witnessed thus far in the rivers state capital, major roads in the city has remained without flood. Thanks to the integrated piping/cement plumbing of the roads by the government of Amaechi without media noise making characteristic of the neighboring akwaibom state.
It is worthy to note that phc is a fully occupied city so most rain water pass through this drainage pattern that I believe most flood-prone states should copy.
Thank you former governor amaechi.
Re: Flooding In Portharcourt. Amaechi's Uncelebrated Legacies by brightnelly(f): 8:22am On Jul 03, 2015
cry cry cry cry cry

Made me remember 2012 flood in rivers state! ONELGA to be precise!

We suffered gaan. cry cry cry cry lost a lot of properties!
Any shaa. Na God still WIN. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Flooding In Portharcourt. Amaechi's Uncelebrated Legacies by seedgreen(m): 8:33am On Jul 03, 2015
Following
Re: Flooding In Portharcourt. Amaechi's Uncelebrated Legacies by Nobody: 8:55am On Jul 03, 2015
maimalari:
despite daily heavy rainfall witnessed thus far in the rivers state capital, major roads in the city has remained without flood. Thanks to the integrated piping/cement plumbing of the roads by the government of Amaechi without media noise making characteristic of the neighboring akwaibom state.
It is worthy to note that phc is a fully occupied city so most rain water pass through this drainage pattern that I believe most flood-prone states should copy.

Nothing to be proud of here. I personally witnessed the construction of those your piping/cement plumbing. As a project person myself that job was the worst quality I ever saw. At least the ones they placed on ada_George road. After construction the giant conduits were left exposed to weather for long periods. They were clogged with sand in the process and the contractors made no effort to clear the conduits before covering them up. If billions were spent in this project it was all a waste. They will have to do it again.
Re: Flooding In Portharcourt. Amaechi's Uncelebrated Legacies by maimalari: 9:04am On Jul 03, 2015
jomonic:

Nothing to be proud of here. I personally witnessed the construction of those your piping/cement plumbing. As a project person myself that job was the worst quality I ever saw. At least the ones they placed on ada_George road. After construction the giant conduits were left exposed to weather for long periods. They were clogged with sand in the process and the contractors made no effort to clear the conduits before covering them up. If billions were spent in this project it was all a waste. They will have to do it again.

Ada George road used to be totally flooded at the drop of rain, but not any more. You said you are a civil engineer so I can't argue the quality with you. But one drop of water doesn't remain on that road after the drainage construction uptil today is a fact.
Re: Flooding In Portharcourt. Amaechi's Uncelebrated Legacies by cy4cent(f): 9:42am On Jul 03, 2015
maimalari:

Ada George road used to be totally flooded at the drop of rain, but not any more. You said you are a civil engineer so I can't argue the quality with you. But one drop of water doesn't remain on that road after the drainage construction uptil today is a fact.

All construction world wide strive on maintenance n rehabilitation, if there is good maintenance system many of our projects wouldn't fail.

Even if a new n properly done one is constructed, if not maintained it will still amount to nothing. There is barely any project in Nigeria that is even of world class standard, it's either the contractors compromise or those awarding it compromise. m happy at least it's serving it's purpose now.

The pessimism in some people is sky high that it is communicable, hence I decided not to quote them so as not to be contaminated.

Appreciate small things ,big things will find their way in. Some governors outrightly squandered our money without anything to show for it, we have not killed them, if this ''substandard'' one was not there now, maybe many people would have lost properties or their lives.

1 Like

Re: Flooding In Portharcourt. Amaechi's Uncelebrated Legacies by Nobody: 10:03am On Jul 03, 2015
maimalari:

Adam George still floods. You might not see looking at ada George road. The function of those drain is to receive flood from the inner streets and channel it properly. Believe me none of this is happening. ....because the conduits were blocked even during construction phase. I telling you that fact. Mind you there appeared not to be any government person supervising the contractors. Meanwhile I am not a civil engineer, just a project person. Thanks.
Re: Flooding In Portharcourt. Amaechi's Uncelebrated Legacies by Inca(m): 10:33am On Jul 03, 2015
maimalari:
May God have mercy on you!

(1) (Reply)

Court Reinstates Rivers State LG Chairmen / Pdp To Stop Reactions To Apc / Soon, NYSC Programme Will Not Be Compulsory For Graduates, Says Director General

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.