Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,068 members, 7,956,989 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 01:47 AM

Buhari Will Defeat Boko Haram - Saraki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Will Defeat Boko Haram - Saraki (476 Views)

Buhari Will Return To London To See Doctors - Presidency / Why Military Under Jonathan Failed To Defeat Boko Haram – Former CDS / I Won’t Resign Even If I Don’t Defeat Boko Haram By December, Says Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Will Defeat Boko Haram - Saraki by onile0500(m): 11:16am On Jul 03, 2015
Senate President, Bukola Saraki also condemned the recent Boko Haram attacks which took place in Borno State.

Senate President, Bukola Saraki has said that the Muhammadu Buhari administration is capable of effectively fighting the Boko Haram sect and ridding the country of insecurity.

Saraki also condemned the recent Boko Haram attacks which took place in Borno State.

The Senate President made the comments on Thursday, July 2, 2015, via a statement released by his media aide, Yusuph Olaniyonu.

It reads:

"It was really a sad day for me to learn that suicide bombers unleashed attack on the people on a day the Vice President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, visited Maiduguri to see things for himself and also visit beleaguered families and communities whose lives and means of livelihoods have been adversely affected by the barbaric acts of the insurgents."

"Boko Haram is not invincible and I have no doubt that the present administration led by President Muhammadu Buhari possesses the requisite political will and determination to decisively fight the insurgents and restore security to affected areas."

"Any life lost in these type of tragic circumstances is a star dimmed and it is my firm commitment that the Senate and indeed the National Assembly under my leadership will continue to fashion appropriate legislation aimed at strengthening the capacity of the present administration to appropriately prevent and respond to life wasting emergencies such as we have just witnessed."

Meanwhile, Buhari is reportedly not on speaking terms with Saraki due to the Senate President's defiance of the All Progressives Congress (APC) to contest and win the position.
Re: Buhari Will Defeat Boko Haram - Saraki by ojay2053(m): 11:17am On Jul 03, 2015
alright
Re: Buhari Will Defeat Boko Haram - Saraki by tmv10(m): 11:17am On Jul 03, 2015
k
Re: Buhari Will Defeat Boko Haram - Saraki by Nobody: 11:17am On Jul 03, 2015
We shall see
Re: Buhari Will Defeat Boko Haram - Saraki by temitemi1(m): 11:19am On Jul 03, 2015
When
Re: Buhari Will Defeat Boko Haram - Saraki by redsconsult(m): 11:23am On Jul 03, 2015
why dont you speak for yourself judas iscariot. boko-haram

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Defeat Boko Haram - Saraki by eyenibibio(m): 11:46am On Jul 03, 2015
Now Saraki is speaking for Buhari. But that's not my problem. The future will tell. APC has been using future tense too much these days like 'will' etc. I guess they aint prepared to hit the ground running.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Will Defeat Boko Haram - Saraki by bamidele029: 11:49am On Jul 03, 2015
Saraki stop sucking up, Buhari is still not interested in granting you a meeting tongue

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Seven Things To Know About The New DG DSS / Why Must We Lose Sleep Over Radio Biafra??? – S/east Governors / Ekweremadu Faces Interrogation Over Forgery Of Senate Rules

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.