Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,978 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

Marriage b/w Igbo Man And Yoruba Woman - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Marriage b/w Igbo Man And Yoruba Woman (13689 Views)

How Man And Woman Can Make Each Other Happy (photo) / Minority Nigerian Girls And Yoruba Men! / Love B/w A Blackman And A White Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage b/w Igbo Man And Yoruba Woman by tpia: 9:22pm On Apr 03, 2009
Re: Marriage b/w Igbo Man And Yoruba Woman by nene1: 2:32am On Apr 12, 2009
it's funny how there are africans who marry whites, but many would not marry another african other another tribe.
Re: Marriage b/w Igbo Man And Yoruba Woman by Tanzos: 10:47pm On Nov 09, 2009
How do people just generalize a whole tribe as stereotype failing to put into consideration each of us are as different as our fingerprints in reasoning, character and thought?

Na wa o!
@poster get your relationship to work based on the true principles that truly matter & dont allow a dumb excuse like tribe become the reason you cant be happy with the one you love, ok?
gosh im tired of Nigerians and their tribalism i keep saying it thats why even @49 and counting it still will not grow.

I think its about time we include tribalism as a prayer point that God shoulld smite all tribalistic people.
Re: Marriage b/w Igbo Man And Yoruba Woman by dammiecool(m): 9:44am On Nov 10, 2009
me I wan marry my Chinelo so help me God kiss
Re: Marriage b/w Igbo Man And Yoruba Woman by Digriz(m): 10:54am On Nov 10, 2009
Wat does dat mean?
Re: Marriage b/w Igbo Man And Yoruba Woman by charles316: 10:58am On Nov 10, 2009
@poster,
from the little i know abt ibo men,they respect d marriage institution.they are better than pple from other tribes as far as trust in marriage is concerned.
Re: Marriage b/w Igbo Man And Yoruba Woman by mafolayomi(f): 12:19pm On Nov 10, 2009
smiley smiley smiley, very funny situation, i think i already have a tread like this here. but my own case is almost sorted out.
But com to think of it, i do not think its really an Igbo/yoruba thing, i was talking with not very close igbo lady friend of mine @ a wedding just last weekend, she was yarning me about her younger bro that want to marry from Owerri in Imo state, for the record, they are from Imo too, but not Owerri, she is not in anyway in support of this relationship even their mum too is not in support, why? all because she is from Owerri, must everybody come from your own village?, i was thinking inside of me that, what if this his bro's girl is not even igbo atall, what would have happened?, to an extent this my friend said she did not attend their traditional marriage.
So when i started telling her that it does not matter ones they both love one another,she now said couple with the fact that the lady does not have anything doing, that her bro cannot marry a lady that does not have anything doing, i told her dat since her bro works, and he is not complaining, she insisted that she will never have anything to do with d lady.

What do we say to this? they ar all Igbos o, and still there is trouble undecided
Re: Marriage b/w Igbo Man And Yoruba Woman by dammiecool(m): 12:23pm On Nov 10, 2009
Digriz:

Wat does dat mean?

meanin a yoruba guy wan marry ibo gal grin
Re: Marriage b/w Igbo Man And Yoruba Woman by mamagee3(f): 12:25am On Jan 14, 2010
It usually doesn't work.
Re: Marriage b/w Igbo Man And Yoruba Woman by sjeezy8: 1:23am On Jan 14, 2010
It works my sista friend(shes soo fine kiss) just got married to an igbo guy , but he was born and raised in Lagos. The chicks dad is alike a millionaire and the guys dad is also a millionaire.

So it works if both of them are from the Elite class and both good looking.
Too be honest when you have money tribe doesnt matter.
Re: Marriage b/w Igbo Man And Yoruba Woman by Nobody: 2:06am On Jan 14, 2010
sjeezy8:

It works my sista friend(shes soo fine kiss) just got married to an igbo guy , but he was born and raised in Lagos. The chicks dad is alike a millionaire and the guys dad is also a millionaire.

So it works if both of them are from the Elite class and both good looking.
Too be honest when you have money tribe doesnt matter.
Oh such a greedy world cheesy
Re: Marriage b/w Igbo Man And Yoruba Woman by selencious(f): 2:16am On Jan 14, 2010
I mean, im yoruba born in the U.S, I went to Nigeria to spend some time when I met my prince charming who is EDo. Mi dad says I cant get married to him, cos he is edo. But we so love each other like Romeo and Juliet. He captured mi heart and I cant live without him. His family loves me so much and they all nice. Im back to the U.S now, but we swore an oath to keep loving each other and never cheat on each other till we meet . I mean, w've been apart for over 2years now, But, its like yesterday cos our love keeps growing stronger. Mi mum and other siblings in the U.S likes him now, even though they haven't all seen him. Mi dad is beginning to like him too. I hope to get married to him sooN. So, I believe we should stop being ethnocentric. I have met with other yoruba guys in the U.S and Nigeria, but non of them are good, they do not have the good qualities of a husband. Get married to someone you love, someone you can spend the rest of ur life with, someone who is of good behavior and God fearing and not just someone from ur culture. smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Marriage b/w Igbo Man And Yoruba Woman by anonymous6(f): 2:56pm On Nov 02, 2011
It is a rarity to see a igbo/yoruba couple where the woman is yoruba & man is Igbo. I can't speak for the igbo men but for yoruba women for the most part stay with their men from their own Yoruba tribe because they are content with their men and have the qualifications they are looking for in men but the few yoruba women that do marry out only tend to consider hausa men, edo men most of the time, never really Igbo men. Yoruba women don't look at igbo mens direction when it comes to fidning partners and many yoruba families don't really want their daughters with them either from my experience or what I have seen. Almost all yoruba/igbo couples are igbo women/yoruba men, but in most cases these igbo females were raised in yorubaland like Lagos and been around Yoruba's. So they can easily blend in, it is not the igbo's that rarily have contact with yoruba's that end up with Yoruba's, so non of this should be a surprise to anybody.

1 Like

Re: Marriage b/w Igbo Man And Yoruba Woman by tpia5: 6:31pm On Nov 02, 2011
There are a few yoruba women married to igbo men but its not really common.

I cant count up to ten of them that i personally know.

1 Like

Re: Marriage b/w Igbo Man And Yoruba Woman by anonymous6(f): 6:44pm On Nov 02, 2011
tpia@:

There are a few yoruba women married to igbo men but its not really common.

I cant count up to ten of them that i personally know.

exactly, I only know three couples like that but those type of couples are still small or rare. Yoruba women & igbo men just don't connect with each other

1 Like

Re: Marriage b/w Igbo Man And Yoruba Woman by sorealguy: 10:19pm On Nov 05, 2011
True talk Anonymous. I have witnessed it often times. Collaboratively, I like many other Yoruba men, see nothing wrong getting involved with igbo women, since many are adorable. I almost married one, but it didn't work out eventually. Both families were against the union, but what later separated us was perhaps divine. (hate to think about it though) - Anonymous, I am yet to receive a mssg from u. I understand. Please and please and please, let me get at least a Hi messg from u. My email ad. is taye_4_@yahoo.com or tjnigeria2007@yahoo.com. Thank You

1 Like

Re: Marriage b/w Igbo Man And Yoruba Woman by coderXO(m): 5:08pm On Nov 06, 2011
Frankly I've never had an issue with inter-marrying or whatever you want to call it- but recently
that I am thinking about settling down, I just have a preference to date Yoruba women.

Don't really consider any other ethnicity.

Seems a bit naive.

Am I lame?
Re: Marriage b/w Igbo Man And Yoruba Woman by anonymous6(f): 5:36pm On Nov 06, 2011
so_realguy:

True talk Anonymous. I have witnessed it often times. Collaboratively, I like many other Yoruba men, see nothing wrong getting involved with igbo women, since many are adorable. I almost married one, but it didn't work out eventually. Both families were against the union, but what later separated us was perhaps divine. (hate to think about it though) - Anonymous, I am yet to receive a mssg from u. I understand. Please and please and please, let me get at least a Hi messg from u. My email ad. is taye_4_@yahoo.com or tjnigeria2007@yahoo.com. Thank You

don't worry I will contact you
Re: Marriage b/w Igbo Man And Yoruba Woman by sorealguy: 8:34pm On Nov 06, 2011
anonymous6:

Thanks so much Anonymous, I will be very glad and really grateful if u do. This is no Nairaland jokes. Trust me
Re: Marriage b/w Igbo Man And Yoruba Woman by sorealguy: 8:50pm On Nov 06, 2011
anonymous6:

Please, just to re confirm the email ad. : taye_4_u@yahoo.com or tjnigeria2007@yahoo.com
Re: Marriage b/w Igbo Man And Yoruba Woman by millco88(f): 9:00pm On Nov 06, 2011
best looking yoruba women only go for igbos or oyinbos.
Re: Marriage b/w Igbo Man And Yoruba Woman by anonymous6(f): 10:17pm On Nov 06, 2011
millco88:

best looking yoruba women only go for igbos or oyinbos.
OMG, where did you get that information from, LoL. Maybe you mean non-yoruba & non-hausa women I guess but Yoruba women, I don't think so.

The best looking Yoruba women only go for yoruba men(and the best of the group at times), they rarily run after igbo men; most yoruba families won't allow their daughters to be with igbo men. Lastly yoruba women rarily go for oyinbo men(it happens but it is so small compared to other females of other tribes in Nigeria that go for oyinbo), if a Yoruba women does go for men outside their tribe it is mostly hausa or edo men not Igbo men.

1 Like

Re: Marriage b/w Igbo Man And Yoruba Woman by Relax101(m): 2:12am On Nov 07, 2011
anonymous6:

OMG, where did you get that information from, LoL. Maybe you mean non-yoruba & non-hausa women I guess but Yoruba women, I don't think so.

The best looking Yoruba women only go for yoruba men(and the best of the group at times), they rarily run after igbo men; most yoruba families won't allow their daughters to be with igbo men. Lastly yoruba women rarily go for oyinbo men(it happens but it is so small compared to other females of other tribes in Nigeria that go for oyinbo), i[b]f a Yoruba women does go for men outside their tribe it is mostly hausa or edo men not Igbo men[/b].

Where did u get this nonsense from?
Re: Marriage b/w Igbo Man And Yoruba Woman by tpia5: 2:48am On Nov 07, 2011
Even the edo men men self is bini to be precise.

And not every bini at that but mainly the ones who appear marriageable.

Not the likes of some characters on nl.
Re: Marriage b/w Igbo Man And Yoruba Woman by anonymous6(f): 3:30am On Nov 07, 2011
Relax101:

Where did u get this nonsense from?

from my observational experience
Re: Marriage b/w Igbo Man And Yoruba Woman by daisy002: 4:54am On Nov 07, 2011
[b]@ poster The marriage between Yoruba women and Igbo men is not that popular, it's more common to see an Igbo woman married to a Yoruba man than the other way around.  Most Igbo men do not find Yoruba women attractive and I'm assuming vice versa.  You are more likely to see an Igbo man or woman married to an Ibibio, Efik or Ijaw than Yoruba.  As for culture, In Igbo land, in some communities marrying out is frowned upon including marrying other Igbos; if you are going to follow that part, there has to be a reason hence most Igbo women married to Yoruba or non-Igbo men marry only rich men from those communities.  Its a rare occurrence to see an Igbo woman married to a poor or moderate non-Igbo omitting Ibibio, Efik and other delta communities we interacted with historical wise.  If I have to say, I assume they are the only exception.  In many Igbo communities especially the Arochukwus marrying into the Efik or Ibibio community is an everyday act.  As for the story, if I’m you I’ll leave the guy.  He’s not looking for a long term relationship.  There are other serious men out there, do not waste your time on a man that’s not serious.  [/b]

1 Like

Re: Marriage b/w Igbo Man And Yoruba Woman by tpia5: 10:57pm On Nov 07, 2011
most Igbo women married to Yoruba or non-Igbo men marry only rich men from those communities

men who appear rich, not necessarily men who are rich.

there's a bit of a difference which many women dont discover until after the wedding.
Re: Marriage b/w Igbo Man And Yoruba Woman by anonymous6(f): 3:25pm On Jul 25, 2021
daisy002:
[b]@ poster The marriage between Yoruba women and Igbo men is not that popular, it's more common to see an Igbo woman married to a Yoruba man than the other way around.  Most Igbo men do not find Yoruba women attractive and I'm assuming vice versa.  You are more likely to see an Igbo man or woman married to an Ibibio, Efik or Ijaw than Yoruba.  As for culture, In Igbo land, in some communities marrying out is frowned upon including marrying other Igbos; if you are going to follow that part, there has to be a reason hence most Igbo women married to Yoruba or non-Igbo men marry only rich men from those communities.  Its a rare occurrence to see an Igbo woman married to a poor or moderate non-Igbo omitting Ibibio, Efik and other delta communities we interacted with historical wise.  If I have to say, I assume they are the only exception.  In many Igbo communities especially the Arochukwus marrying into the Efik or Ibibio community is an everyday act.  As for the story, if I’m you I’ll leave the guy.  He’s not looking for a long term relationship.  There are other serious men out there, do not waste your time on a man that’s not serious.  [/b]

Exactly

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Makes A Nigerian Man Fall Inlove And Marry Asian Woman?: Pls Help! / How Did You End Your Relationship? / Mr Nairaland 2016 Interview Update

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.