Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,756 members, 7,955,877 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:38 PM

Ayo Fayose: The Emergence Of The New God Father In Ekiti - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ayo Fayose: The Emergence Of The New God Father In Ekiti (994 Views)

Poll: Do you see Ayo Fayose as the new Adedibu in Yorubaland?

Yes: 66% (2 votes)
No: 33% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Fayose The Prophet Predicts Own Doom By Bayo Oluwasanmi / How Prophet TB Joshua Prophesied the Emergence and Victory of APC (Video) / I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ayo Fayose: The Emergence Of The New God Father In Ekiti by StFunmi(f): 9:42pm On Mar 04, 2009
Ekiti: PDP bows to Fayose
Written by Gbenga Ariyibi
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
ADO EKITI — IN a bid to secure the support of former Governor of Ekiti State, Mr. Ayodele Fayose, towards ensuring victory in the governorship election re-run, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has acceded to the former Governor’s demands, conceding 40 percent of political appointments to him, should Mr. Segun Oni win the re-run polls.

Mr. Ayodele Fayose wins another victory?

In addition, 30 percent of political appointments at the local government level will also be filled by the political group within the PDP led by Mr. Fayose.

Meanwhile, more than 150 groups, with a manpower of close to 2,000 drawn from within and outside the country are to monitor the re-run election in Ekiti, officials of the Civil Society Coalition for Mandate Protection, (CS-CMAP) said after the coalition’s meeting in Lagos.

Disclosing this to newsmen in Ado Ekiti yesterday, chairman of the party in the state, Chief Bola Olu-Ojo, said the party has been able to identify seven aggrieved groups within the party, stating that 40 percent sharing formula would take care of all the aggrieved party men in the state.

“We have agreed that 40 percent of the political appointments would be allotted to all the groups who are aggrieved at the state level, similarly, 30 percent of the political appointments would go to the aggrieved party men at the council level, if Engr. Segun Oni wins the gubernatorial re-run election in the state.

Other parts of the resolution, according to him, include appointing some of Fayose’s men as special assistants and other aides of the Acting Governor of the state, Mr Tunji Odeyemi.

On the demand for the dissolution of the state executive of the party, Olu-Ojo said the party has rejected the demand.

It will be recalled that both the Abuja and Ado-Ekiti meetings of the leadership of the party with Fayose were deadlocked, as the former governor insisted on the party meeting all his demands.

Some of the demands of the former governor  include the dissolution of the party’s executive at the state level; payment of severance allowance to all the political appointees who had served during his regime; unconditional release of all members of his faction who are presently  facing criminal charges in court and harmonisation of political appointments.

Fayose had threatened that should any of his demands be dropped, he would work for the success of Dr Kayode Fayemi of the Action Congress (AC) in the re-run polls.

150 groups to monitor Ekiti re-run polls

About 150 Non Governmental Organisations, NGOs and civil liberty groups across the world will monitor the election for which a date is yet to be announced by the Independent National Electoral Commission. The contest is mainly between the candidates of the Action Congress, Mr. Kayode Fayemi and that of the Peoples Democratic Party, Mr Segun Oni.

Both have equal members in the subsisting local parliament.

Dr Funmi Ajakaiye who spoke on behalf of the CS-CMAP said several NGOS across the world are interested in monitoring the Ekiti rerun election partly because of the curiosity the election has stirred, and the subsequent global interest the Court of Appeal judgment has generated across the world.

She also listed the character of one of the candidates who is well known in the human rights circles across the world, as a factor that propelled the interest in the re-run polls.

http://odili.net/news/source/2009/mar/4/306.html
Re: Ayo Fayose: The Emergence Of The New God Father In Ekiti by StFunmi(f): 9:43pm On Mar 04, 2009
Who can resist him?. Young, vibrant, suave, rich and articulate. His presence alone at the podium  was orgasmic. The sexiest man i've seen from Ekiti.
Re: Ayo Fayose: The Emergence Of The New God Father In Ekiti by mustafar1: 9:50pm On Mar 04, 2009
“We have agreed that 40 percent of the political appointments would be allotted to all the groups who are aggrieved at the state level, similarly, 30 percent of the political appointments would go to the aggrieved party men at the council level, if Engr. Segun Oni wins the gubernatorial re-run election in the state.

Some of the demands of the former governor  include the dissolution of the party’s executive at the state level; payment of severance allowance to all the political appointees who had served during his regime; unconditional release of all members of his faction who are presently  facing criminal charges in court and harmonisation of political appointments.

Fayose had threatened that should any of his demands be dropped, he would work for the success of Dr Kayode Fayemi of the Action Congress (AC) in the re-run polls.

they have destroyed the credibility of the election even before a vote is cast. WHICH WAY NIGERIA? cos if this isnt rigging/election buying then what is.
Re: Ayo Fayose: The Emergence Of The New God Father In Ekiti by bawomolo(m): 9:54pm On Mar 04, 2009
St.Funmi:

Who can resist him?. Young, vibrant, suave, rich and articulate. His presence alone at the podium  was orgasmic. The sexiest man i've seen from Ekiti.

articulate God Fathers work in silence. This man is just a brute.
Re: Ayo Fayose: The Emergence Of The New God Father In Ekiti by StFunmi(f): 9:58pm On Mar 04, 2009

articulate God Fathers work in silence. This man is just a brute.
Are you jealous or what?
Re: Ayo Fayose: The Emergence Of The New God Father In Ekiti by StFunmi(f): 9:58pm On Mar 04, 2009

they have destroyed the credibility of the election even before a vote is cast. WHICH WAY NIGERIA? cos if this isnt rigging/election buying then what is.

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Ayo Fayose: The Emergence Of The New God Father In Ekiti by bawomolo(m): 10:00pm On Mar 04, 2009
St.Funmi:

Are you jealous or what?

I'm not from Ekiti so why should i care what happens to the state.
Re: Ayo Fayose: The Emergence Of The New God Father In Ekiti by StFunmi(f): 10:02pm On Mar 04, 2009
I'm not from Ekiti so why should i care what happens to the state.
Because it'll affect you someday either directly or indirectly. As a matter of fact, what happens in Sokoto state should be your cup of tea because the adverse effect may still breeze on you.
Re: Ayo Fayose: The Emergence Of The New God Father In Ekiti by MrCrackles(m): 10:03pm On Mar 04, 2009
Topic

Shouldnt this fraudster be languishing in jail?
Re: Ayo Fayose: The Emergence Of The New God Father In Ekiti by bawomolo(m): 10:06pm On Mar 04, 2009
St.Funmi:

Because it'll affect you someday either directly or indirectly. As a matter of fact, what happens in Sokoto state should be your cup of tea because the adverse effect may still breeze on you.

no it won't, Ekiti is irrelevant besides receiving a check from the federal government. The people of Ekiti can only blame themselves if they vote for a rigger.
Re: Ayo Fayose: The Emergence Of The New God Father In Ekiti by StFunmi(f): 10:25pm On Mar 04, 2009
Topic

Shouldnt this fraudster be languishing in jail?
He's assumed innocent until proven guilty.
Re: Ayo Fayose: The Emergence Of The New God Father In Ekiti by StFunmi(f): 10:27pm On Mar 04, 2009

no it won't, Ekiti is irrelevant besides receiving a check from the federal government. The people of Ekiti can only blame themselves if they vote for a rigger.
Is it only Ekiti that have criminals in govt?. The fact is, if their misdeeds contributes to a total economic collapse of the state, the residents will become a liability to every other state in Nigeria especially the neighboring ones. You see why you should be concerned?
Re: Ayo Fayose: The Emergence Of The New God Father In Ekiti by MrCrackles(m): 10:28pm On Mar 04, 2009
St.Funmi:

He's assumed innocent until proven guilty.

Uhmmmmmm! undecided
Re: Ayo Fayose: The Emergence Of The New God Father In Ekiti by Nobody: 10:34pm On Mar 04, 2009
St.Funmi:

hotfunmi - groupie for successful area boys. sad undecided.
Re: Ayo Fayose: The Emergence Of The New God Father In Ekiti by bawomolo(m): 10:36pm On Mar 04, 2009
St.Funmi:

Is it only Ekiti that have criminals in govt?. The fact is, if their misdeeds  contributes to a total economic collapse of the state, the residents will become a liability to every other state in Nigeria especially the neighboring ones. You see why you should be concerned?

No i don't see why i should be concerned. The state is already depending on federal aid anyway so what economy is there to collapse? a man considered vibrant,rich and also get's your panny's wet shouldn't be that evil right?
Re: Ayo Fayose: The Emergence Of The New God Father In Ekiti by StFunmi(f): 10:40pm On Mar 04, 2009
hotfunmi - groupie for successful area boys. sad
Evil genius. cry cry cry
Re: Ayo Fayose: The Emergence Of The New God Father In Ekiti by StFunmi(f): 10:41pm On Mar 04, 2009
No i don't see why i should be concerned. The state is already depending on federal aid anyway so what economy is there to collapse? a man considered vibrant,rich and also get's your panny's wet shouldn't be that evil right?
Should an Ekiti indigene obtain a visa before emigrating to your own state?. The sooner you start praying for the ailing state, the better for you.
Re: Ayo Fayose: The Emergence Of The New God Father In Ekiti by Nobody: 10:44pm On Mar 04, 2009
St.Funmi:

Evil genius. cry cry cry

who, me? grin cool!

bawomolo:

fayose is the nigga that keeps the hoes/ashawos pannys wet grin. dude keeps it gutter cheesy
Re: Ayo Fayose: The Emergence Of The New God Father In Ekiti by blacksta(m): 10:57pm On Mar 04, 2009
We are finished in this Godless country. I thought positions are filled on merit
Re: Ayo Fayose: The Emergence Of The New God Father In Ekiti by StFunmi(f): 12:32am On Mar 05, 2009
We are finished in this Godless country. I thought positions are filled on merit
No we are not.
Re: Ayo Fayose: The Emergence Of The New God Father In Ekiti by jensinmi(m): 9:33pm On Mar 05, 2009
The fact that Ayo Fayose is a free man today is one of those things that never ceases to amaze me about Nigeria. Being from Ekiti, I watched as this man spent N1.2 billion on a phantom poultry project, flew around town in a helicopter, and spent government money on over-inflated contracts. I think the problem here is that we in Africa are very good at congratulating ourselves on limited achievements. In another topic, someone said Ayo Fayose did a lot for Ekiti people including building good roads. What Roads? Have you ever been to Ekiti. Some of the worst roads in Nigeria today lie between Ekiti and Kogi state. Does the fact that a person in power did a few good things allow that their evils be overlooked. Can we say that because he did a few good things makes it ok for him to loot the treasury. Joseph Stalin played a very important role in resisting the spread of Nazi Germany. That does not make it ok that he killed approximately 20 million of his people during his time in power. I'm tired of Nigerians listing someone's good deeds as justification for their evils. I don' think I'd get a break if I walk up to God one day and say "Well, I saved 200 lives; so what if I raped and killed 100 women? That makes us even"

This is not mathematics o. You can't subtract your transgressions and good deeds and ever claim to "break even." That's not how the world should work.

(1) (Reply)

2011: Insecurity In Ogun / Google Search The Word 'nigerian' And You Will Get Nauseating Images Atop All / Kano Pastor Castrated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.