Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,097 members, 7,957,102 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 07:10 AM

Nigerians Buy Fuel For N120 Per Litre - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Buy Fuel For N120 Per Litre (14209 Views)

FG Proposes N120 Per Litre, Labour Leaders Kick / Man Strips Unclad To Buy Fuel At A Station In Lagos. Photos / Petrol Price Is Now 74 Naira Per Litre? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Buy Fuel For N120 Per Litre by favourmic(m): 9:57am On Jul 05, 2015
Do you believe you can be selling petrol on nairaland?

Space for sales
Re: Nigerians Buy Fuel For N120 Per Litre by hibbayueei(m): 10:27am On Jul 05, 2015
Am so late for my meeting and I ve not gone 2ru the files/Am traveling and I will need sumtin to kip me busy/My phone memory is filled up, I need to free some space/i need to transfer files from my computer to my Phone or Tablets/ I need to watch a video or play music or read files I downloaded from my phone on my TV screen or Tablets or computer .... THEN what you need is an OTG Smartphones Dual USB Flash drive... Check my signature/profile for more information.
Re: Nigerians Buy Fuel For N120 Per Litre by Reference(m): 10:42am On Jul 05, 2015
Where are the fuel subsidy demonstrators who kept the prices artificially low. They are silent. Having paved the way for trillions of wasted naira in fake payments, having discouraged investment in refining, and built union and cartel power, you guys should be ashamed.

If subsidies had gone that fateful january by now:

One or two more investors will have laid plans to refine locally.

We will have retained a few trillions in our treasury.

The higher price of petrol then (which we will have adjusted to over time) will have fallen with the spot prices of crude.

NNPC's powers in downstream will have been severely weakened, the only government input, DPR to check quality, consumers check prices.

And many more. I simply cannot find any benefit in regulation. It has corroded our morality, wasted political and economic capital, widened the gap between the rich and poor, tied down law enforcement resources, killed innovation and enterprise, led to de-industrialization, capital flight, redirected banking resources away from other critical sectors and finally emptied our treasury and sank the naira.

That January was a big mistake we will live to regret for years to come. We kicked the can down the road with our future well-being in it.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Buy Fuel For N120 Per Litre by Reference(m): 10:55am On Jul 05, 2015
I repeat again. A farmer who cultivates yam cannot claim yam to be his favourite food if not come the next planting season his friends will laugh at him.

If you own a restaurant and cannot pay properly for the food you eat, start making a 'for sale' board.

This is our ONLY VIABLE resource. It is the only thing we depend on to pay 7 out of 10 salaries, teach 7 out of 10 kids in school and buy 7 out of 10 bullets in the rifle of an infantry man fighting the insurgency yet we WASTE this precious resource with reckless abandon. I just feel sorry for this country.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Buy Fuel For N120 Per Litre by TheFilmmaker: 11:42am On Jul 05, 2015
Crazy Nigerians.

They will always complain of fuel price. They don't love their neighbors.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Buy Fuel For N120 Per Litre by watchindelta(m): 12:06pm On Jul 05, 2015
who come posted dis Report fuel/petrol stations selling above N87 in and around your area to {DPR} Department Of Petroleum Resources On: 012790000. Be An Instrument Of Change. Dial d number, listen to a voice prompt, dial 9, then pass the information across Pass it on till it gets to everyone .Change is definitely here
Re: Nigerians Buy Fuel For N120 Per Litre by arabianights: 12:25pm On Jul 05, 2015
loomer:
Fuel go dey one corner dey do e own

Boko haram another corner dey do.

Nepa go soon start their own once rain stop completely.

Road nko, e no dey.

Unemployment grab the youth like 5 and 6

If I say naija wahala never tire me, I dey lie be that.

Boss, you speak the minds of millions.We should Still be grateful to God .Poverty level of some people is unbelievable.some even contribute money to buy bread to share,others can take just pure water so as to save their food for night time.....i can go on but its just too saddening.

The person i pity the most is Buhari, we really dont know and will never know what that man is sitting on and dealing with.All we can do is sit and criticize,give him directions and term him with insultive comments.

Let he whom the cap fits ,put it on and definitely the cap is Buhari's size.
May God Bless and assist him,AMEEN
Re: Nigerians Buy Fuel For N120 Per Litre by teemy(m): 12:57pm On Jul 05, 2015
anonimi:

What DPR Task force boss?
Don't we have a president who is responsible for ALL our woes and promised to fix them all like the messiah his mumu followers claim he is grin

Everyone knows election time is a period of making promises by private companies registered with the electoral commission vying for positions of managers of the economy. Also it seems not all promises made in the name of the president were actually spoken directly by him but all the same he has no cause for complaints as he saw the state of things on ground before he said he would be a worthy candidate for the post of General Manager of the Federation.

He has the duty of making things run properly and if he is comfortable with things not runniing smoothly then he has failed. If regional/branch managers under his control fail, he has failed. If they show forth success, he has succeeded. He has the job of assigning, placing, replacing, adjusting and so on till the state of the union is at an all time high growth. There is still time but I recon that the startup speed has been too low.

Let's wait and see if APC government is 'business as usual' or a time of new things that have come. 2019 is not too far off. wink*

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Buy Fuel For N120 Per Litre by loomer: 1:04pm On Jul 05, 2015
arabianights:

Boss, you speak the minds of millions.We should Still be grateful to God .Poverty level of some people is unbelievable.some even contribute money to buy bread to share,others can take just pure water so as to save their food for night time.....i can go on but its just too saddening.

The person i pity the most is Buhari, we really dont know and will never know what that man is sitting on and dealing with.All we can do is sit and criticize,give him directions and term him with insultive comments.

Let he whom the cap fits ,put it on and definitely the cap is Buhari's size.
May God Bless and assist him,AMEEN

Just like I neva for once blame jonathan, so also I will not blame buhari.

This is because there are a few rich people who gain from the plight of millions of nigerians, and honestly speaking any sitting president of nigeria can only do his best and leave the rest for God.
Re: Nigerians Buy Fuel For N120 Per Litre by OROSUNBOLB(m): 1:08pm On Jul 05, 2015
I truly hope Baba won't disappoint 'cause I have not seen a single sign of positive change since he took over. Nigerians deserve better and are expecting you to really do something as you promised in your campaigns. There is a limit to our patience, Mr President.
Re: Nigerians Buy Fuel For N120 Per Litre by otokx(m): 1:43pm On Jul 05, 2015
Eedris Abdulkarim was right, fuel scarcity is popular action film in Nigeria.
Re: Nigerians Buy Fuel For N120 Per Litre by IBBG(m): 1:57pm On Jul 05, 2015
Sincere9gerian:
In 2013:

Fuel subsidy is fraud - APC

Nothing like fuel subsidy - Buhari

Now in 2015 and with the current fuel scarcity, it will be nice to hear what Buhari and APC's liar Muhammed have to say about fuel subsidy.

The lesson here is that it pays to be truthful all the time
God bless u. D frankenstein monster they created is now haunting them. At times God has a way of ridiculing those who play with the truth. Even d bible says, "the same cup u use in measuring to others will be used to measure for u". Now they r facing d music, they r confused not knowing what to do. The unfortunate thing is we the masses will b the ones to bear the brunt of it all.
Re: Nigerians Buy Fuel For N120 Per Litre by blackboy(m): 2:50pm On Jul 05, 2015
The fuel scarciyy has been going 2 weeks now. Fuel around here is a norm for 100 and above. A big shame!! No fuel long lines and fuel going for above 100 Naira is a norm now.

Hmmm
Re: Nigerians Buy Fuel For N120 Per Litre by Adesiji77: 4:09pm On Jul 05, 2015
Just purchased some at N110 per litre
Re: Nigerians Buy Fuel For N120 Per Litre by Barcholder: 1:20am On Jul 06, 2015
Reference:
Where are the fuel subsidy demonstrators who kept the prices artificially low. They are silent. Having paved the way for trillions of wasted naira in fake payments, having discouraged investment in refining, and built union and cartel power, you guys should be ashamed.

If subsidies had gone that fateful january by now:

One or two more investors will have laid plans to refine locally.

We will have retained a few trillions in our treasury.

The higher price of petrol then (which we will have adjusted to over time) will have fallen with the spot prices of crude.

NNPC's powers in downstream will have been severely weakened, the only government input, DPR to check quality, consumers check prices.

And many more. I simply cannot find any benefit in regulation. It has corroded our morality, wasted political and economic capital, widened the gap between the rich and poor, tied down law enforcement resources, killed innovation and enterprise, led to de-industrialization, capital flight, redirected banking resources away from other critical sectors and finally emptied our treasury and sank the naira.

That January was a big mistake we will live to regret for years to come. We kicked the can down the road with our future well-being in it.

Simply brilliant summary of the economic impact of not removing the subsidy 3 years ago. Nigerians only learn through suffering, well, that suffering is here.
Re: Nigerians Buy Fuel For N120 Per Litre by caprini1: 2:57am On Jul 06, 2015
We are now in July....hope the refineries,starts producing as we were promised!.Because am not sure Nigerians can go through another stage of fuel scarcity.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Enugu Govt Orders Autopsy On Woman Allegedly Killed By Hoodlums (photos) / Ngige Blames The Past Government For Strikes In Nigeria / Mob Attempts To Lynch Naval Personnel Over Death Of Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.